Newbie 301 - The French Revolution - Town wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:28 am

Post by AndrewS »

Current vote count:

No Lynch (1, Poker2011)
Poker2011 (1, DeanWinchester)

4 to lynch.
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp
poker2011
poker2011
Townie
poker2011
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:54 am

Post by poker2011 »

Taking MasterALf's advice i have decided to give up the no lynch and make a vote. i apologize for being so stubborn, even though i read the numbers you show me dean i still don't see how a bad death is just as good as a no death. it seems to go against logic but whatever. I now look back on something dean said that now seems obviously clear.
AndrewS wrote:Near the top of the page vote count:
Poker2011 (2, DeanWinchester, BradyY)
MasterAlf (3, Norinel, Cloud, MasterAlf(?!?))
So BradyY is voting for me
BradyY wrote:First of all, I want to piggyback on what Nonny said as the reason to not voting for you. Mafia wouldn't vote for themselves like that and give up day one. So I'm not going to vote for you.

Unvote
But now he unvotes like he had previosly been voting for MasterAlf. a rookie mistake? or a mafia slipping up while trying to bandwagon and stay with the crowd?

i'm not really sure yet but for now
Vote: BradyY
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by Cloud »

Ok you know what, we're not going to get anywhere by just sitting around looking at each other suspiciously. You're going to have to accept the fact that something is going to happen, whether it be a lynch or no lynch. People have to stop confusing a townie who is trying to get the game going for an evul mafia scumbag.

On that note,
Vote: BradyY
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I brought up the Brady thing because noboldy seemed to notice his mistake and I thought I should point it out to everyone. I think it was an honest mistake, and as usual poker2011 is trying to direct blame onto other poeple.

So Brady is scumie cause he forgot who he was voting for?

Poker2011 has been so shady with his no vote escapade and his lame attempts to defend himself. He has pointed several fingers at poeple, and even though him and I have been going at it he goes after Brady? It's because I was close to getting lynch and everyone decided not to, so there wasn't a very good chance he could pull that off so he's going after brady who was called a luker and had .... a mislap in memory.

I think The lynch should absolutely be Poker2011.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by Norinel »

Dean wrote:I brought up the Brady thing because noboldy seemed to notice his mistake and I thought I should point it out to everyone. I think it was an honest mistake, and as usual poker2011 is trying to direct blame onto other poeple.
An honest mistake perhaps, but it could've been a critical one if someone thought they were putting a third vote on but actually put on a fourth.

While focusing on people who suggest no lynch like Dean's doing is kind of an easy thing for scum to do, poker's flip-flop once the deadline came around looks just a little too desperate, so
vote: poker
BradyY
BradyY
Townie
BradyY
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by BradyY »

It wasn't a mistake, I just didn't think any of the evidence I had then pointed to Poker. But now I'm not so sure he isn't scum.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:16 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I'm going to sleep now and I hope when I wake up in the morning it will be to a thread that has lynch Poker2011.
(It's so not going to happen, but I can dream about it, right)
MasterAlf
MasterAlf
Townie
MasterAlf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:18 pm

Post by MasterAlf »

Hmm. . . Brady or Poker. . . well if these are our choices, then I guess I know which to make. I noticed the thing with Brady, but I didn't see such a big deal about it. I took it as him not wanting to have a vote anymore for one reason or another (I figured not enough evidence, so he took his away to help prevent ANY lynching from going on before more clues were revealed). I'm not sure if I'm right in making such an assumption, but it just doesn't seem too suspicious in my eyes.

As for Poker, I'm still rather unsure, but if this is thought to be a good choice, then I'll go for it. Between him and BradyY, he looks a little more scummy.

Vote: Poker
poker2011
poker2011
Townie
poker2011
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:08 am

Post by poker2011 »

well then looks like i'm going down. bye everyone.
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:20 am

Post by Norinel »

Could we at least get a claim or something? Just giving up won't help things for anyone.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:11 am

Post by nonny »

I agree with Norinel, a claim would be nice.
*insert bad joke here*
poker2011
poker2011
Townie
poker2011
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:07 am

Post by poker2011 »

i have given my claim already. i don't want a vote but if there must be one i think BradyY is very suspicious. I suspect dean because he is lynch hungry but he could just be a over eager townie. as for defending myself whta haven't i said already? a lot the people voting for me say it is because i look scummy. i don't think that is a good real reason at all.
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

First off lynching helps town. FOR THE UPTEENTH TIME!!
Thinking someone is scumy is the BEST reason to vote to lynch them.
To the non-voters there is a little over 24 hours left.
poker2011
poker2011
Townie
poker2011
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:01 pm

Post by poker2011 »

if you look i have already agreed that maybe you are right. i said it in an earlier post and i just said it again. scum is not a great reason at all it is a gut feeling that can easily be wrong. but whatever if you want to lynch me do what you feel is right. the way it stands now unless someone unvotes me i will be lynched with the three votes i already have.
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:24 pm

Post by Cloud »

This game is going nowhere, so I'll just go ahead and add the fourth vote.

Unvote: BradyY

Vote: poker2011
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:55 pm

Post by AndrewS »

End of day vote count:

BradyY (1, Poker2011)
Poker2011 (4, DeanWinchester, Norinel, MasterAlf, Cloud)

With a dejected look upon his face, Poker is led to the gulliotine. The town cheers as Marie Antoinette(poker), a mafia member, has been killed. Only one mafia member remains in the game. Send choices.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:43 am

Post by AndrewS »

You all wake to find MasterAlf, a townsperson, with a rather large knife wound in his chest. There are 5 of you remaining. 3 to lynch.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:16 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

Wow. I thought I would for sure be the mafia kill. Thats wierd. Why kill alf he was a great red herring. I was probably going to go after him today. But now...... Hmm I 'm going to go reread the thread.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:47 am

Post by Cloud »

Well, if you apply logic, Nonny should be the last scum. She didn't vote poker2011. BradyY didn't either, but poker2011 voted him.

Of course, the last scum could've been one of the people to vote poker2011. It would stand to reason that the last scum wouldn't start the vote, which leaves us with Norinel and myself.

But anyway, the most obvious thing to do would be to go after Nonny.

Vote: Nonny
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:40 am

Post by nonny »

In my expierence the scum is ussually the last one on the bandwagon whether it's after a townie or thier partner. And let me think...oh yeah that was you, cloud.

The reason I didn't vote was simple and stupid on my part, I was caught up in the new semester at school and didn't really get to check the thread that much, currently weekends is one of the only times I can check it.

I'm glad we caught scum, but the scum kill baffles me....
*insert bad joke here*
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:02 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

Hmm....
Suspect list:
DeanWinchester: Innocent Townie
Norinel: .... Townie. She tacked on the second vote for Poker. This was after I had been voting for him for days. It would of been stupid if she was mafia putting her mate two away from lynch when the only vote on him was by sombody with questionable intent. Shes Town(I hope)
Brady: .... questionable. He overall has been lurking and hasn't really been helpful. If a newbie had a mafia role they would have been more active. Plus he was Poker2011's desperate "We have a deadline let me try to shift blame" attempt to lynch somebody. I don't thnik a mafia member would forget who he was voting for like he did with me. Come to think of it Poker chose him because I gave him the oppurtunity to do so, while being able to use me as the fall guy.
Nonny: ..... Hmmm.... Your one vote was on masteralf(known townie). After that you never casted anouther vote, even during the deadline. Judging be your general comments though, I think your town.

Cloud: .... Mafia.... (I think)
I reread the whole thread and there is this underlying tone that you are working together with Poker. You jumped on masterAlfs bandwagon, You switched over to brady when poker did, almost imediately, You pulled your vote off me when I was almost lynched. Why does this last one matter? You didn't want me to get lynch cause you knew I was town and that suspicion Might fall on you, the one who started it, So you pulled your vote. You should have let me hang, and poker should have moved his vote to me. You guys slipped up and lost the game.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:04 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

Vote: Cloud
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:04 pm

Post by Cloud »

DeanWinchester wrote: Cloud: .... Mafia.... (I think)
I reread the whole thread and there is this underlying tone that you are working together with Poker.
Ok, let's take a look at your reasoning here.
DeanWinchester wrote:You jumped on masterAlfs bandwagon,
So? Jumping on a bandwagon is hardly a reason to suspect me of being scum. Three other people jumped onto poker's bandwagon. What's the difference here? Not to mention it shows no indication of my apparently collaboration with poker.
DeanWinchester wrote:You switched over to brady when poker did, almost imediately,
Again, so? I also switched to MasterAlf when Norinel did. Don't tell me he's mafia too?
DeanWinchester wrote:You pulled your vote off me when I was almost lynched.
I pulled my vote off you -because- you were almost lynched. Why? I wanted to give you the chance to defend yourself. Sounds reasonable, yes?
DeanWinchester wrote:Why does this last one matter? You didn't want me to get lynch cause you knew I was town and that suspicion Might fall on you, the one who started it, So you pulled your vote.
Funny, because taking my vote off seems to have drawn "suspicion" as well. Why bother taking my vote off then? Why bother voting in the first place? Let's all not vote, so we're all suspicion free. That'll make the game go faster surely.
DeanWinchester wrote:You should have let me hang, and poker should have moved his vote to me. You guys slipped up and lost the game.
Wait, so now you're telling me that I should've done the thing that would've caused suspicion to fall on me.

If I was working with poker, why didn't I just go with the no lynch as he so stoutly supported during the majority of the day?
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:28 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

Cloud, your mafia. I would make me point more clearly, but i'm lazy, and you would still be mafia.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:07 am

Post by Cloud »

I'm not mafia. I'm not going to say anymore, because I'm lazy, and apparently that's all it takes to play this game.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”