Newbie 301 - The French Revolution - Town wins!

AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Newbie 301 - The French Revolution - Town wins!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by AndrewS »

The French Revolution, one of the bloodiest periods in the history of the world, is unfolding in this very game. You represent the nation of France, in a state of anarchy as the king and queen have just been overthrown. Now, the king and queen are deposed, and anyone who speaks out against the revolution is immediately put to the guilliotine. Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI might have something to say about that, though.

This game has one of 4 random setups:
2 Mafia, 1 Doctor, 1 Cop, 3 Townspeople
2 Mafia, 1 Cop, 4 Townspeople
2 Mafia, 1 Doctor, 4 Townspeople
2 Mafia, 5 Townspeople

The roles are as follows:
Louis XVI/Marie Antoinette (MAFIA) - Recently deposed, you and (player) seek to put down the revolution through force, if need be. Every night, you and your cohort will choose one revolter to kill. You win when the revolution is put down and you return to your throne (being the only players left in the game).

Maxmillian Robespierre (COP) - Known as "The Incorruptible", your genius has led France agains the oppressive rule of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. Every night, you will send the moderator the name of one player to investigate, to determine if they support the revolution or not (if they are mafia or not) You win when Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette are dead.

Jean-Paul Marat (DOCTOR) - The newspaper is one of the most effective means of communication. As editor of a pro-revolution newspaper, you may write about a player, which will cause the public to protect that particular person. Every night, send the moderator the name of a player that you wish to protect. You win when Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette are dead.

Townsperson (TOWNSPERSON) - You are a French patriot who supports the revolution. You have little power aside from your vote, but the vote is what truly matters in the ideal democratic society. You win when Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette are dead.

Alive:
DeanWinchester

Virt V9 replaces BradyY

Dead:
poker2011
, Marie Antoinette (mafia), lynched day 1.
MasterAlf
, townsperson, murdered night 1.
Cloud
, Townsperson, lynched day 2
nonny
, Robespierre (cop), murdered night 2
Norinel
, Louis XVI (mafia), lynched day 3
Last edited by AndrewS on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 13 times in total.
"I hear that random.org punches babies." - Thesp
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by AndrewS »

Rules:
* Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part.
* Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
* Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I’d appreciate it.
* Executions will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. You may vote: no lynch – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
* Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.
* Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts
* Don’t quote any PMs from me.
* If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me, tough! No choice will be made.
* If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
* Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to played. It’s supposed to be fun. Do your part.
* You may only discuss outside of the thread if you are Louis XVI or Marie Antoinette. No other players may discuss outside.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:18 am

Post by AndrewS »

Many apologies, I didn't see Norinel's confirm earlier...7 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Day one starts now.
AndrewS
AndrewS
Goon
AndrewS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:19 am

Post by AndrewS »

Many apologies, I didn't see Norinel's confirm earlier...7 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Day one starts now.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:25 am

Post by Norinel »

I don't think I ever did confirm, but I just picked up the message. Oh well.

random vote: nonny
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:56 am

Post by nonny »

Random vote Cloud
because i was just oogoling my cloud poster....*sighs*
*insert bad joke here*
MasterAlf
MasterAlf
Townie
MasterAlf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:26 am

Post by MasterAlf »

No lynch

A random lynching has a greater chance of us killing a townie or worse, a cop or doctor. I think it may be better to wait a day and see what sort of information comes about.
MasterAlf
MasterAlf
Townie
MasterAlf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:26 am

Post by MasterAlf »

No lynch

A random lynching has a greater chance of us killing a townie or worse, a cop or doctor. I think it may be better to wait a day and see what sort of information comes about.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:18 am

Post by nonny »

I don't like that idea, I'm ussually all for no lynch. But the day just started and not even everyone has posted yet. And random votes can help later in the game to give hunches on alliances.

so
FOS Masteralf
for poor timing.

ANd we all know random lynches can be bad, but you don't ussually lynched randomly, that is just a way to get started in a game that starts in day. And if someone does put on a final voteo n a random lynch they are ussually suspect number one. Plus at this point we don't even know what we have in this game, for sure we have mafia and townies besides that we havn't a clue.
*insert bad joke here*
BradyY
BradyY
Townie
BradyY
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:21 am

Post by BradyY »

Finally, its started.

Random Vote: poker2011
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Cloud »

nonny wrote:
Random vote Cloud
because i was just oogoling my cloud poster....*sighs*
So wouldn't you want to keep me alive? <_<
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:46 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

Happy to start my first online mafia game. I will admit that I am kind of looking forward to lynching somebody and would be disappointed in a no lynch. And a lynch on day one can definetly give you clues on whos mafia, because with the game being this few poeple, they have to try and defend each other. Plus I think the town passing up a vote is almost just as bad as a misslynch because without the debate over who to lynch, even with the night actions, there won't be that much info to go off of. And if the town dosn't have any special roles than lynching is the only thing that is going to get us anywhere.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:47 am

Post by DeanWinchester »

Happy to start my first online mafia game. I will admit that I am kind of looking forward to lynching somebody and would be disappointed in a no lynch. And a lynch on day one can definetly give you clues on whos mafia, because with the game being this few poeple, they have to try and defend each other. Plus I think the town passing up a vote is almost just as bad as a misslynch because without the debate over who to lynch, even with the night actions, there won't be that much info to go off of. And if the town dosn't have any special roles than lynching is the only thing that is going to get us anywhere.
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by Cloud »

DeanWinchester wrote:Happy to start my first online mafia game. I will admit that I am kind of looking forward to lynching somebody and would be disappointed in a no lynch. And a lynch on day one can definetly give you clues on whos mafia, because with the game being this few poeple, they have to try and defend each other.
Accidentally lynching a townie today isn't going to be worth the little bit of information we gain from it. If we wait till tomorrow to do another random lynch, then the chances of us getting a mafia are significantly higher (1/2 as opposed to 2/5) whereas if we lynch a townie today, and the mafia kill one tonight, the numbers come to 2 vs 3. While the chances of getting a mafia are higher, we're needlessly sacrificing a townie for it. Plus, if we lynch a townie again, the mafia have won.
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

So does this mean you also want to not lynch, or are you just being on the fence, or just bringing up a point? Even though I want to lynch as oppose to not lynching, Nobody has any serios votes yet, so we can at least act like were going to lynch, Right? I am open to not lynching, but I ..... Just really really want to Lynch!!!!!!
Cloud
Cloud
Townie
Cloud
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:12 pm

Post by Cloud »

You really really want to lynch, because it will help your mafia? <_<

Alright, here's your lynch.

Vote: DeanWinchester
poker2011
poker2011
Townie
poker2011
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:12 pm

Post by poker2011 »

it doesn't matter which version of the game we are using. there are going to be 5 good people and 2 bad people. therefore a random lynch has a 5-2 chance of killing a good person. these odds are not at all worth it just to get a little info from the death. we should wait till after the 1st night when facts begin to pop up and then make a informed decision about who to lynch.
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:14 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

Cloud wrote:You really really want to lynch, because it will help your mafia? <_<

Alright, here's your lynch.

Vote: DeanWinchester

Sweet!!!!!!!
poker2011
poker2011
Townie
poker2011
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by poker2011 »

vote:
no lynch
it will only help the mafia
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

Lets say we vote no lynch.
night: mafia kills, "possibly" doc protects, "possibly" cop inspects.
Day: two mafia four townie.

If the mafia can avoid suspicion and get a townie lynched than we are at:Mafia two, town three.

Night: mafia kills.
Day:two mafia, two townie. Mafia wins!!!!!!!

They would only need to avoid one lynch in that scenario.

It does rely on the "possible" doctor not to protect a mafia kill.
It does rely on the "possible" cop either a) inspecting a townie, or b)not being able to sway the town to vote for the mafia member he investigated.

With the town only "possibly" having some roles we have to lynch day one and force the mafia to dodge two lynches.
BradyY
BradyY
Townie
BradyY
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by BradyY »

DeanWinchester wrote:Lets say we vote no lynch.
night: mafia kills, "possibly" doc protects, "possibly" cop inspects.
Day: two mafia four townie.

If the mafia can avoid suspicion and get a townie lynched than we are at:Mafia two, town three.

Night: mafia kills.
Day:two mafia, two townie. Mafia wins!!!!!!!
You seem way too excited about the mafia winning...

Unvote. Vote: DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

It was to emphasize how a no vote helps the mafia. In my oppinion that is.
poker2011
poker2011
Townie
poker2011
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by poker2011 »

but a vote will probably help the mafia too. in fact there is a 71% chance it will help the mafia as that is the chance that a townie will be killed. in your version of events the word possibly is used a lot. sure what you say could happen but it isn't very likely. us townies have a much better chance of winning if we vote no lynch.
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
poker2011
poker2011
Townie
poker2011
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by poker2011 »

votes so far:

DeanWinchester- (2)- Cloud,BradyY
poker2011- (0)
BradyY- (0)
MasterAlf- (1)-nonny
Cloud- (0)
nonny- (1)-Norinel
Norinel- (0)
No Lynch-(2)-MasterAlf, Poker2011

People who not have voted:
Dean you say you want to lynch someone but haven't actually voted yet. who do you vote for? or have you come to see the light and decided to not lynch?
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
DeanWinchester
DeanWinchester
Goon
DeanWinchester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by DeanWinchester »

I'm not voting no lynch yet, because I strongly feel it is a diservice to the town.
And Since i'm the only person with any real votes cast against him/her I'll wait till other poeple have been discussed as possibly being scum.

Like you Poker2011.

Yes the chances are high that we may mislynch. And if we mislynch we have to lynch a mafia member the next day or lose. But if we No lynch we STILL have to hit mafia the next day or lose. If anything a mislynch helps more than a no lynch, because it means the next day there will be two mafia three town. 40% chance of hitting mafia instead of the 33% you are sugesting. Because either way the town HAS to lynch correctly on day 2. It sucks that we may lose a cop or a doctor, but we can't be sure they are in the game. Your scenario of no lynch means the town can not mislynch at all. This way we get at least one. And if we hit Mafia the game swings heavily in our favor.

FOS: Poker2011

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”