Mini 1333: Terror in the Parlour (Game Over)

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Nikanor »

In post 95, Robbnva wrote:commercial break from the caps game, just jotting some thoughts down.

i'm on the fence about nik being scum, but I feel pretty confident that if he flips scum, his most likely buddy would be oso.

Nik says oso gives him the "vibes" but doesn't want to vote him, and than later when Worst votes Nik, Oso comes and attacks Worst.

so we have a faint fos by Nik with no real reason behind it, and than we have an attack on worst, which could possibly be a veiled attempt at defending nik. Nik's wagon was starting to grow, and all of sudden attention turned onto Worst.

I'm not ready to change my vote yet, especially since it's so early on in the game, but I could probably get behind a nik wagon.

Many people attacked WMPE after WMPE attacked me. Picking Oso out of that crowd is more than a bit tunnel visioned.
implosion wrote:
Robbnva wrote:i'm on the fence about nik being scum, but I feel pretty confident that if he flips scum, his most likely buddy would be oso.

I doubt that Nikanor would be that obvious in a distancing attempt.

WIFOM SO SCUMMY !vore implosion
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Post by Robbnva »

In post 98, implosion wrote:
Robbnva wrote:i'm on the fence about nik being scum, but I feel pretty confident that if he flips scum, his most likely buddy would be oso.

I have learned to never underestimate anyone, plus that wasn't very obvious. That kind of distancing is actually quite common.

and no Nik, go back and check your facts again, Oso makes the first REAL attack on WMP. I don't consider Implosion's reasonless vote on WMP an actual attack.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by Nikanor »

In post 101, Robbnva wrote:
In post 98, implosion wrote:

I have learned to never underestimate anyone, plus that wasn't very obvious. That kind of distancing is actually quite common.

and no Nik, go back and check your facts again, Oso makes the first REAL attack on WMP. I don't consider Implosion's reasonless vote on WMP an actual attack.

a) You mean to say overestimate.
b) You've played what, six games on ms.net? Don't talk about what is common and what isn't until you have some real experience brah.
c) Oh, so because YOU don't consider something an attack means that it isn't an attack at all. Do you really not see a problem with this line of reasoning?
WorstMafiaPlayerEver
WorstMafiaPlayerEver
Goon
WorstMafiaPlayerEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Post by WorstMafiaPlayerEver »

Yeah, no reason for me to unvote.
WorstMafiaPlayerEver
WorstMafiaPlayerEver
Goon
WorstMafiaPlayerEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:20 pm

Guys I'm willing to vote with the intent to lynch:

Nikanor
vijay
zoraster
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Why zor?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by Robbnva »

1. maybe it is overestimate, whatever it is you know what I mean
2. I have actually played more than 6 games on ms.net, but we won't get into the details on that one.
3. yes, because I don't consider it an attack, to me it isn't an attack.
Attach
"An aggressive and violent action against a person or place" - if you look at Imp's vote and Oso's vote, which one looks agressive? hands down Oso's vote was agressive and his reasoning was weak.

thanks for playing. maybe you should go try a newbie game to warm up?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by Robbnva »

p.edit - Attack - damn I need to learn to spellcheck
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Robbnva wrote:3. yes, because I don't consider it an attack, to me it isn't an attack. Attach"An aggressive and violent action against a person or place" - if you look at Imp's vote and Oso's vote, which one looks agressive? hands down Oso's vote was agressive and his reasoning was weak.

So bad.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by Robbnva »

I think you mean so terribly awesome and correct...
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Post by implosion »

Cool, WMPE towntold.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 4:03 pm

Post by implosion »

Nikanor, you win this round...
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

In post 110, implosion wrote:Cool, WMPE towntold.

How did he drop a town tell there?

If anything, his most recent posts binged my scumdar, because the first didn't say anything meaningful at all, and the second just threw some names out there without any concrete reasoning behind it?

Also, UNVOTE: Implosion

You didn't answer my questions in the way I thought you were going to. That, and your recent play have made me much less suspicious of you.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 4:23 pm

Post by Robbnva »

nik didn't win shit, well, he may win a noose.

imp - i'd appreciate it if you dial back the swagger, you haven't done anything to earn it yet.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by Oso »

In post 99, Nikanor wrote:This probably has something to do with Oso not posting but what the hell do I know.

Busier Monday than usual.

In post 106, Robbnva wrote:3. yes, because I don't consider it an attack, to me it isn't an attack.
Attach
"An aggressive and violent action against a person or place" - if you look at Imp's vote and Oso's vote, which one looks agressive? hands down Oso's vote was agressive and his reasoning was weak.

This is correct. In both parts. Despite the sarcasm I showed in reply to Robbnva in one of my earlier posts, the reasoning is on the weak side even taking into consideration the earliness of the game. But to go ahead and make sure my position is clear, I'll make it a bit more concise:
  • vijay2 and WMPE vote Nik. WMPE's vote makes #4 so we have a well defined wagon now.
  • WMPE's vote looks like a random vote but, at least in my opinion, a random vote that puts a player at 4 votes probably isn't as random as it looks. That is what set off bells on WMPE (and to an extent vijay2 as well. Piling on votes I mentioned).
  • When I ask for some sort of reason, WMPE re-states basically (paraphrased): A truly random vote needs no reason. He later says that he pushes wagons when he see them.

Had WMPE simply said he likes to push wagon's I'd have never placed a vote. It irritates me when folks try to make one motivation look completely innocent. He gained some points back in my eyes when he went ahead and copped to the contradiction instead of trying to waffle his way out of it. I'm still not happy with him and the way he hmm-hawwed around with it, that is why my votes still on him for the time being, but I'm conditionally satisfied with him for the moment.

In post 95, Robbnva wrote:i'm on the fence about nik being scum, but I feel pretty confident that if he flips scum, his most likely buddy would be oso.

This I don't know how to answer except by referencing my reason above for initially voting WMPE

That was from a quick skim, I hope to maybe have enough time to read what was posted today and make another post before I decide I'm better off going to bed.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Post by Code_X »

Sorry! I didn't add this game to bookmarks stupidly, will read this morning and catch up.

Unvote
- for now.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

In response to 88: because you said 30 was stupid. Wmpe is scummy to me, and thus your defending him from Oso makes you scum in my eyes. Furthermore, it fit very nicely with the reads implosion outlined.
coming back after a 3 year break.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 11:07 pm

Post by Robbnva »

:facepalm:

you voted WMPE AFTER Implosion and Oso did
you agreed with NIK that OSO is giving you "the vibes"
you change your mind on me after I call OSO's post stupid (note, this wasn't defending WMPE, as it was pointing out that OSO's reasoning was just plain dumb, cause it was"
and because it matched Imp's reads...

can you tell me why you are on Imp's jock? what has imp done to make him so obv town that I am missing?

to basically side with him this early on based on nothing, just makes it look like you are buddying him. It's pretty damn obvious one at that.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 11:23 pm

I think implosion is town via gut. That's how I play. I don't see what's wrong with that.

I don't even know why you mentioned the first two points, and I don't even think I said the second one.

I just think implosion is right atm. Call it buddying if you want idc. All I know is that your reaction has been overblown. There is no reason to explode like that, especially because there isn't even a large number of votes on you. Scum caught.

VOTE: Robbnva
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

It hasn't been all that long time-wise since my last votecount, but there have been a lot of posts since and a lot of vote changes, so here's a free bonus votecount for you.
Vote Count
Deadline: Sat 19 May 12:11pm UTC (automatic countdown: (expired on 2012-05-19 12:11:00))

With 13 alive it is 7 to lynch.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2012 12:27 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 118, vijay2vasandani wrote:I think implosion is town via gut. That's how I play. I don't see what's wrong with that.

I don't even know why you mentioned the first two points, and I don't even think I said the second one.

I just think implosion is right atm. Call it buddying if you want idc. All I know is that your reaction has been overblown. There is no reason to explode like that, especially because there isn't even a large number of votes on you. Scum caught.

VOTE: Robbnva

Post 37, you said you agreed with Nik's post, in that post nik made the comment about oso, so that's where that came from.

As I have already pointed out, I was under no pressure at all when I called you out for your sheeping and buddying, why on earth you would mistake me catching scum as overreacting is beyond me, unless it's self preservation.

It's fact, which can be proven, that you did these things.

Now you say you think imp is right, but imp has called me prob. Town so I guess you agree with "almost" everything he says.

If anyone is overreacting, it's obviously you. I applaud your efforts to try and have a mind of your own now
WorstMafiaPlayerEver
WorstMafiaPlayerEver
Goon
WorstMafiaPlayerEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2012 1:42 am

In post 105, Nikanor wrote:Why zor?

I go for three types of players on Day 1:
-If there is a player that seems really scummy, I'm going to go after them.
-If there is a player that is NOT scumhunting but trying to blend in, I'll go for them next.
-Then there are lurkers.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2012 2:16 am

You obviously don't know how I play :D and looking back at 37 I see the issue now. I was referring to the bottom bit of that post, not the whole thing.

Also, my so called sheeping and buddying is how I play early game. You've attempted to push bullishly into your case without even understanding the scum intent behind it. You've been buzzwording (which is term I coined, or think I did XD), which is a slight appeal to authority and an attempt to lend weight to your case. So yeah great case bud.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2012 2:27 am

Post by gorckat »

Foggy headed Monday and I'm short-staffed today and my daughter has a LAX game tonight, so I may be scarce.

Robb is a touch grating with his aggressiveness, but I appreciate the style. On Robb v vijay, vijay seems to focus solely on their tit-for-tat while Robb continues looking at and responding to other players.

WMPE's explanations of who he will vote are terribly vague.

Shotty didn't answer what I thought was a valid question- at the time he thinks my vote is out of line with the game state, who should have been voted?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2012 2:48 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 122, vijay2vasandani wrote:You obviously don't know how I play :D

I obviously don't, or do I....

I was referring to the bottom bit of that post, not the whole thing.

sure, that's easy to say after the fact...

Also, my so called sheeping and buddying is how I play early game. You've attempted to push bullishly into your case without even understanding
the scum intent behind it. You've been buzzwording (which is term I coined, or think I did XD), which is a slight appeal to authority and an attempt to lend weight to your case. So yeah great case bud.

sheeping and buddying is scummy, there is no need to do this when you have a mind of your own. I see now why you rely on this though, considering the one time you actually try to use your own thoughts, you fail miserably.

you accuse me of buzzwording, and than you throw out one yourself? one I have never even heard of before at that.

that's rich.

Let's test your ability to post thoughts of your own.

1. Why did you find WMPE scummy?

In post 60 you say you find splitfarvle scummy cause he RVS'd when RVS was over, he gave a wishy washy reason, and cause he was buddying. Than you ask me why I didn't call him out on his buddying.

2. What exactly was his wishy washy reason? he either RVS voted or he gave a wishy washy reason, it can't be both in my opinion. How is him voting confid buddying him? Last I checked you don't buddy someone by voting them, you buddy them by voting with them Assume he was actually buddying him, why do you take offense to him buddying confid, when you admit you buddy early on in most games you play and you have buddied already this game....
(seems like a major contradiction here)

3. you asked why I didn't say anything about split's buddying, but split voted confid. that's not buddying, if anything that's distancing...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”