Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:14 pm

Post by Psyche »

the either/or reads from earlygame remain interesting. a decomposition into "these posts are both scummy, but relationally unlikely" makes logical sense, but have an underlying implication that i think an actual person would find uncomfortable believing: that one of the scumreads is flat-out wrong. that discomfort seems a subtlety that scum might miss in a performance but range of ways it might be managed in an earlygame is diverse enough that i'm not clear on how to use that. guess if anything it makes outworldr look worse in retrospect
You can't step in the same river twice.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:22 pm

Post by Gypyx »

oh no it's so over we're so read oh god oh fuck no no no no no no no no no
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:23 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1198, Psyche wrote: overall the wagon strikes me as rather lazy in a hypocritical way
am being pressured to do something by people who aren't otherwise doing anything
i'm not really accusing you of doing nothing, i'm accusing you of doing scum!nothing rather than town!nothing
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:25 pm

Post by Psyche »

okay, what's the difference?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:46 pm

Post by Gypyx »

it's about how you're going back and forth on wanting to share your reads / not saying much plus how your interact with your accusations, like yeah town can get irritated too but i feel the way you're getting caught up on the fact that this is an "inactivity wagon" is scum getting caught for the wrong reasons
Show

bottom text
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

have been through this loop many times is all. but i know it's mostly self-inflicted
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:54 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1199, JacksonVirgo wrote: Yeah, what he said
welcome
please help us
3 of our own are dead
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:56 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

dw dw I'll save everyone
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:57 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 30, Jacob24 wrote: These early reads seem a bit mindless… let’s slow down a bit and think about it.

I’m here by the way.
In post 88, Jacob24 wrote: It was intended to be somewhat controlling, since I wanted to try and get things under control. I am a very logic-based person so I wanted to really flesh out the arguments and such.

I think the questions you're asking are fine, but you're digging in a bit much. For right now, I'm with Luca in voting for bugspray but I may acknowledge some other notions as to the scum identity.
#30 by jacob24 is notably cautious.
in #88 jacob provides more context. says he wants to "flesh out the arguments and such". it doesn't seem he ever follows through though.
eg in #83 he places blank vote for bugspray
In post 116, Black wrote: VOTE: Jacob

I'm not really vibing with his reasons for joining the bug wagon. He said he wants to sheep Luca but Luca hasn't even voted there yet. It almost feels like he wanted to hop on before Luca because he knew Luca would likely join. Feels a little opportunistic
In post 117, Jacob24 wrote: Fair enough. Maybe better to say I liked Luca's reasoning. A lot of people had put votes down on Bug without explaining really so I wanted something a little more formal. Post 26 felt good when I read the ISO on him.
#116 black pressures him for the vote, and he responds
#117 expresses that consistency w/ "logic-based" self-characterization derives from fact that luca provided clearer reasoning for bugspray vote. did luca? oh luca was the one that jacob asked follow-up question to. so jacob liked the answer? odd that this wasn't directly expressed until prompted if it was so persuasive. suggests an inclination to maintain flexibility.
In post 227, Jacob24 wrote: UNVOTE:

Don't need/want e-2 on new player immediately. I'd like to hear them out first.
#227/#254 jacob unvote of bugspray and call for delay on dann is more consistent w/ self-characterization, but rather than logic-based and interest in fleshing out arguments, i'm just seeing caution, which can be okay
otoh 254/256/283 considered together are pretty wild and throws my "cautious" read into doubt
In post 254, Jacob24 wrote:
In post 235, Black wrote: feels LAMIST to me and I don't think it makes sense for Jacob to get off the bug wagon if he thinks Luca's read is accurate. Feels more like he wants to give Dannflor a chance to save himself
Uh, yeah, if Dannflor is town I want to give them a chance to save themselves. Luca's read could have been confused by the fact that bugs was disinterested and not really into the game. Also that bugs left points to them being more town as I agree with what was said about not replacing out if scum.

This makes me think you may actually be the one working with Dannflor, calling me out for a reasonable play, making it seem like you want me to keep vote on someone you aren't voting yourself.
In post 256, Jacob24 wrote:
In post 255, Dannflor wrote: black is voting for me
Oop, that's right. Forgot they voted after last count. That vote makes me think she's town and you're scum or you're town and she's scum.
In post 283, Jacob24 wrote:
In post 267, Dannflor wrote: i did not

i actually read the game first this time and made sure i was replacing into what i thought was more likely to be a town slot before i replaced in
This post is crazy to me. Clearly you didn’t read close enough. This feels like an incredibly flimsy defense. Despite me earlier doubts, I’m back with Luca and like Black’s thoughts.

VOTE: Dannflor
in this last one jacob is calling someone out for not reading close enough after failing to notice a vote critical to his reads.
but the whole sequence swings between strong attitudes re dann/black that abandons the told-but-not-really-ever-shown thoughtfulness in prior posts.

jacob is fully committed to the dann wagon by #369, even trying to convince me to jump on
In post 1037, Jacob24 wrote: VOTE: ketchup

Still think that ketchup seems scummy. Also Lucca looks bad now for their bad ready of bugs/Dann.
but doesn't seem to reel or reorient at all after being wrong. would imagine that someone as anxious as jacob initially coded having a stronger reaction to error feedback here.

have had trouble reading new players in the past, but rough rule of thumb for reading unskilled players is to try ignoring inconsistencies/bs in the content of their posts and focus on consistency of conveyed emotions/attitudes/dispositions with other behavior. a consistent personality read that works over jacob's trajectory seems impossible, which inclines me to interpretation that the trajectory is faked. but maybe as easy to imagine that scum would try harder to more consistently perform the role he explicitly took on. i'm interested in seeing the slot flip but i can't say i have a firm read on it either way.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:58 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 240, Black wrote: I'm just busy playing Fortnite.
Proof I'm catching up lel, but is the latest season any good? I stopped playing like mid of last year cuz my friend group moved to different games.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:58 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Psyche you better not be scum-reading lil old me >:C

wiki // GTKAS
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:58 pm

Post by Psyche »

was really hoping jacob would be the one...
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:00 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1205, Psyche wrote: have been through this loop many times is all. but i know it's mostly self-inflicted
not sure what this means exactly
Show

bottom text
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:04 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 326, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 325, ketchup777 wrote:
In post 324, Dannflor wrote: ketchup have you played much mafia before elsewhere
Nope! Never played before. I read a few games from a subforum on mkwpp.com (they're pretty short) and fragments of a couple games on here, as well as a couple basic strategies on the wiki, a bunch of vocabulary and a gazillion different roles most of which aren't even allowed for normal but I was having a bit too much fun. (:
Sorry here's a better link if you were curious https://www.mariokart64.com/cgi-bin/yab ... oard=mafia
Every time I see someone cool they're always from this super obscure place on the internet and it's hilarious, I love it

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:04 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1211, Psyche wrote: was really hoping jacob would be the one...
I can be your one :oops:

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:07 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Like my very first mafia game was on a forum I made for my "clan" that I made on duelingnetwork (a yugioh site) but I usually don't count that.

wiki // GTKAS
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:09 pm

Post by Gypyx »

there are 3 constants in life, death, taxes, and people making mafia subforms on any hobby that they have
Show

bottom text
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:11 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Mafia is the Great Unifier

wiki // GTKAS
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:15 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

In post 1215, JacksonVirgo wrote: Like my very first mafia game was on a forum I made for my "clan" that I made on duelingnetwork (a yugioh site) but I usually don't count that.
oh cool (:
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:15 pm

Post by Psyche »

black's 110/116 sync well w my initial reaction to jacob's bugspray vote but black 235 feels by comparison not properly attentive to jacob's prior posts, in particular to the extreme consistency between the diffidence in jacob's bugspray unvote and his initial "let's slow down and think" vibe on p2
runs in contrast w/ her prior vote on and attention to the slot bc i'd expect it to either all be cast under the same lamist umbrella as the unvote, or for the possible personality/nai interpretation to come up
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:17 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:17 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Whoops, ignore that. Was just checking what post that was

wiki // GTKAS
ketchup777
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
ketchup777
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:18 pm

Post by ketchup777 »

Spoiler: Psyche destroying Jacob with words
In post 1208, Psyche wrote:
In post 30, Jacob24 wrote: These early reads seem a bit mindless… let’s slow down a bit and think about it.

I’m here by the way.
In post 88, Jacob24 wrote: It was intended to be somewhat controlling, since I wanted to try and get things under control. I am a very logic-based person so I wanted to really flesh out the arguments and such.

I think the questions you're asking are fine, but you're digging in a bit much. For right now, I'm with Luca in voting for bugspray but I may acknowledge some other notions as to the scum identity.
in #88 jacob provides more context. says he wants to "flesh out the arguments and such". it doesn't seem he ever follows through though.

I'm not really vibing with his reasons for joining the bug wagon. He said he wants to sheep Luca but Luca hasn't even voted there yet. It almost feels like he wanted to hop on before Luca because he knew Luca would likely join. Feels a little opportunistic
In post 117, Jacob24 wrote: Fair enough. Maybe better to say I liked Luca's reasoning. A lot of people had put votes down on Bug without explaining really so I wanted something a little more formal. Post 26 felt good when I read the ISO on him.
#117 expresses that consistency w/ "logic-based" self-characterization derives from fact that luca provided clearer reasoning for bugspray vote. did luca? oh luca was the one that jacob asked follow-up question to. so jacob liked the answer? odd that this wasn't directly expressed until prompted if it was so persuasive. suggests an inclination to maintain flexibility.

#227/#254 jacob unvote of bugspray and call for delay on dann is more consistent w/ self-characterization, but rather than logic-based and interest in fleshing out arguments, i'm just seeing caution, which can be okay
otoh 254/256/283 considered together are pretty wild and throws my "cautious" read into doubt
In post 235, Black wrote: feels LAMIST to me and I don't think it makes sense for Jacob to get off the bug wagon if he thinks Luca's read is accurate. Feels more like he wants to give Dannflor a chance to save himself
Uh, yeah, if Dannflor is town I want to give them a chance to save themselves. Luca's read could have been confused by the fact that bugs was disinterested and not really into the game. Also that bugs left points to them being more town as I agree with what was said about not replacing out if scum.

This makes me think you may actually be the one working with Dannflor, calling me out for a reasonable play, making it seem like you want me to keep vote on someone you aren't voting yourself.
Oop, that's right. Forgot they voted after last count. That vote makes me think she's town and you're scum or you're town and she's scum.

i actually read the game first this time and made sure i was replacing into what i thought was more likely to be a town slot before i replaced in
This post is crazy to me. Clearly you didn’t read close enough. This feels like an incredibly flimsy defense. Despite me earlier doubts, I’m back with Luca and like Black’s thoughts.

in this last one jacob is calling someone out for not reading close enough after failing to notice a vote critical to his reads.
but the whole sequence swings between strong attitudes re dann/black that abandons the told-but-not-really-ever-shown thoughtfulness in prior posts.

jacob is fully committed to the dann wagon by #369, even trying to convince me to jump on

Still think that ketchup seems scummy. Also Lucca looks bad now for their bad ready of bugs/Dann.
but doesn't seem to reel or reorient at all after being wrong. would imagine that someone as anxious as jacob initially coded having a stronger reaction to error feedback here.

have had trouble reading new players in the past, but rough rule of thumb for reading unskilled players is to try ignoring inconsistencies/bs in the content of their posts and focus on consistency of conveyed emotions/attitudes/dispositions with other behavior. a consistent personality read that works over jacob's trajectory seems impossible, which inclines me to interpretation that the trajectory is faked. but maybe as easy to imagine that scum would try harder to more consistently perform the role he explicitly took on. i'm interested in seeing the slot flip but i can't say i have a firm read on it either way.

This seems like a town post
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:19 pm

Post by Psyche »

overall though black's iso seems fine, if a little hall monitory
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:21 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1222, ketchup777 wrote:
Spoiler: Psyche destroying Jacob with words
In post 1208, Psyche wrote:

I’m here by the way.

This seems like a town post
is it cause it's long or because of something else?
Show

bottom text

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”