Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:45 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1323, Concrete Angels wrote:
In post 1322, Davsto wrote:There are more than one scum, maybe another one made the kill

*surprised gasp*

*fainting*

Like seriously, the fuck are you expecting me to say?

This is a weird reaction... I'm just curious why you would decide to vote someone who has less chance of being scum than another player.

It was a weird question.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:47 am

Post by Davsto »

I am still suspicious of pistachi0n, but that comment leading me off voting Nacho is now making me worried.

Spoiler: not actual reads, just a note to me post-game to see how close I was
Nacho, Concrete Angels, pistach/cataphant
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:47 am

Post by Davsto »

VOTE: pistachi0n hmm
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:55 am

Post by Concrete Angels »

It's just logic. Nacho was one of my suspects, but given your jail on him last night, he's less of a priority for me. Does that make sense?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Davsto »

Enough sense.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:59 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1311, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:People who are townreading Nacho: why?

As it stands it's more not reading as scum for me... But I still liked his play yesterday rather than today's.
What do you think about him being jailed?

Nacho - I assume that you were aware?
I claim scum \o/
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:08 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 1319, Davsto wrote:Are we going to pustachi0n?

Good pun, seriously.

You're strongly scumreading me, so why are you even asking?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:16 am

Post by Davsto »

You sound surprised that I made a good pun. Maybe you're used to my bad ones.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1316, farside22 wrote:You act like this is new.
Serious question but what is your experience when you see players that flip scum?

That I am happy, unless I'm allied, then I'm sad.

In post 1316, farside22 wrote:This isn't a meta thing. This is what I see over and over and over again and it just makes me look at players like really? You don't see this in every game?
A play that just pushes mild points and lurkers most of the game while others are trying to figure the game out.
A player that makes a few weak points and then disappears when a real conversation is going on.
I see it so much and so often I go well there is scum.
And I get this same thing of well this person here reads town so I'm sticking with it.
All the while I just glare at the computer screen and ask myself 10 times over are people dumb or scum.

I will agree, you have identified potentially poor play from Pistach.
You are not addressing it in Cataphant.
And you have apparently decided Pistach's equates to scum play.

What I'm sking you is why.
Is the answer actually "gut" rather than that bullhooey "active lurk" claim you just handed the thread?

In post 1317, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 1310, Thor665 wrote:Why does getting ahold of your feelings here feel like wrestling with wet cookie dough?

The irony.

It is thick.

There is a bit of a difference between asking someone to justify a case they have offered and receiving mush; and asking someone for their reads when they'd already been presented and receiving snark.
:neutral:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by farside22 »

I feel like I just got side stepped by thor.
I'm not amused.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by farside22 »

Also I've probably miss lynch hippy for playing like shit before.
You want to give me Pist play style I'll look it over.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

So you're making value calls on her play with zero Pistach experience?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

And, at the same time, expressing belief that I might be dumb for not seeing what you're seeing...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

Why are you cool with Cataphant?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:24 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1336, Thor665 wrote:So you're making value calls on her play with zero Pistach experience?

In post 1337, Thor665 wrote:And, at the same time, expressing belief that I might be dumb for not seeing what you're seeing...

In post 1338, Thor665 wrote:Why are you cool with Cataphant?

I'm making a call on what I see from playing these games.
Didn't call you dumb at all.
Because at least I see something from cata this game.
Where the fuck is Nacho? Do you care?
Where is Pist?
Where is massive?
Where is verdith's?

You going to say everyone one of those players is town except cata then you can go fly a kite.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:54 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1339, farside22 wrote:Where is verdith's?

Where's my what?
I claim scum \o/
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Just saying that what I see as far as those figuring the game out and those who aren't
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:57 am

Post by massive »

You've played plenty with me before. This is nothing different than my normal amount of play. Why are you feigning frustration at it now?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1339, farside22 wrote:I'm making a call on what I see from playing these games.

Wherein you are just making an empty value call on how Pistach plays and calling it scummy because it's active lurk and poor scumhunting as opposed to a weak player?
I mean, if I was playing like that, yeah, call me on it, it would make sense.
And if Hecatia suddenly went all cold logic and calmness, call her on that.
But that doesn't mean that sloppy scumhunting or cold logic are scummy - they are playstyle. I presume you understand this, so why not have just openly said to me that you had no clue about how Pistach plays as opposed to the twenty questions for it? Also, Pistach *is* doing stuff, yeah, maybe not enough to make you happy, but I wouldn't even remotely call her in the bottom five for this day phase, so why are you acting like she is? Are the other players who are derping around less bothersome to you? Why?

In post 1339, farside22 wrote:Because at least I see something from cata this game.

Like what?

In post 1339, farside22 wrote:Where the Smurf is Nacho? Do you care?

Nacho is not posting much on the entire site, and though I might be able to squint and see an avoidance of this game, it is not particularly telling at this stage - unless you think I'm missing something?
I do care - but stating that I care has no meaning, and me going 'where the eff is Nacho!?!' also has no meaning, also, neither action will do much at this point and I'm not emotionally connected to this game enough at this stage to be pissed at people, I went through a phase of that last phase, but currently life is too busy for me to much care.

In post 1339, farside22 wrote:Where is Pist?

Posting as often here as in any other game she is in.

In post 1339, farside22 wrote:Where is massive?

Posting about with the same Nacho habits where it *might* be a dodge, but you'd need to squint to call it that.

In post 1339, farside22 wrote:Where is verdith's?

He is the only player you named that could basically cleanly be argued as ducking this thread - you are voting Pistach.
You are also ignoring Cataphant, who has had both heads be consistantly active on site, though maybe they're ignoring it due to 'lulz, hydra' but if absence is an issue to you, this guy is a glaring oversight to your rant that I do not grok.

In post 1339, farside22 wrote:You going to say everyone one of those players is town except cata then you can go fly a kite.

I would suggest that with a list of 4 you probably do have a scum listed in there.
That said, I could also list off a random 4 and manage about the same odds - bearing in mind the idea we're both town.
That doesn't actually provide a valid reason to lynch Pista over Cata though, does it? As it is equally applicable to both, with the added note that Cata actually appears to be lurking out the game while there is some disagreement at least between you and I about how useless and active lurk Pista actually is being, with only one of us claiming any awareness at all to what normal Pistach play should even be expected to look like.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:22 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1342, massive wrote:You've played plenty with me before. This is nothing different than my normal amount of play. Why are you feigning frustration at it now?

Not feigned in the least.
More just disappointed with the game state as a whole
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:26 am

Post by farside22 »

Don't mind me much. I'm coming off some bad games lately that make me really just ready to take time away.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Antihero »

Winter: We'll be sorry to lose you, sir.
Hon. Charles Adare: If I may say so, Winter, I'm sorry to go. Not a bad place. It is said that there is some future for it, there must be- it's a big country.
Winter: Then why are you leaving, sir?
Hon. Charles Adare: That's just it, Winter. It's not quite big enough. Bye, good luck.

Under Capricorn

Vote Count 2.5

Cataphant - 3 (Thor665, Ankamius, Vedith)
Nachomamma8 - 2 (pistachi0n, Hecatia Lapislazuli)
pistachi0n - 4 (Cataphant, farside22, Concrete Angels, Davsto)

Not Voting: massive, Nachomamma8

6 to lynch
Deadline: (expired on 2015-11-04 17:52:11)
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:14 am

Post by pistachi0n »

There was probably at least one scum on the Lying Cat wagon, so I'm going to look at the 6 living players who lynched him.

Davsto and Hecatia claimed so they're off the hook (for now, at least.)

The first thing Thor said in early game is that he has a slight townread on Cataphant. In he was okay with lynching Concrete. He had an early issue with Davsto. Spent most of the game questioning and arguing, in he switched his vote to Hecatia, then back to Davsto in his next post because he changed his mind. That switch seemed natural and townish to me. In Thor changed his vote to Vedith for posting elsewhere. Continued pushing people. Including Lying Cat, but voted Ank in . Then he continued arguing with Lying Cat, gave some genuine reasons for scumreading. Voted Davsto again in . I think it's odd that he wasn't already on Lying Cat at this point (given that that's who his final vote would be for, and he was arguing with LC quite a bit.) Changed to Ank again in after Davsto's claim. In Lying Cat and Ank were tied for his top scumread. Finally voted Lying Cat in . There was a lot of buildup and he had been scum-reading LC before.

Thor is a townread. It seems he was avoiding the LC wagon until he was certain it was going to go through, which I'm reading as a sign of caution.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:20 am

Post by pistachi0n »

Nacho replaced in after Bulge's inactivity. He was honest upfront that it would take him a few days to catchup, good. His first vote in was for Hecatia because he didn't like not science's posts, but he didn't say which posts he didn't like, or what was not to like about them. Bad. But then he followed that up with more examples. Good. And I remember why I was townreading him while he was catching up. He voted Cataphant in after previously saying he was okay with voting Cataphant, but didn't really say why Cataphant was scummy. Bad. But again, he elaborated later after people asked. So that's okay. Voted for Lying Cat in , saying he wanted to "reserve a spot on the wagon." I don't have a good idea of why he was scumreading LC. Then he checked out and was comparably weak today.

So I'm still okay with voting Nacho, still going to check out Vedith and Cataphant.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:26 am

Post by pistachi0n »

After RVS, Vedith was inactive and people were pointing out that he was posting elsewhere. I think that's annoying but not a strong scummtell--sometimes other games are more interesting, or more important stuff is going on in them, and town players have done the same thing.

First proper post was , in which he voted for Cataphant for joining an easy wagon. But he had a negative opinion towards a flash wagon that early in the day. He started engaging with people, asking them to clarify and sharing his opinions on the wagons. But still, nothing he did seemed terribly controversial. Voted ank in , citing associative things, bad to base a lynch off of in day 1. Then voted me in because of my opinion on Dav after he claimed. Voted LC in after urging from Wingback. Was engaging through most of the game, but a lot of the questions were obvious filler-type questions, and mostly voted LC to sheep. Weak scumread.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”