(1)
Eve ()
Eve
(1)
BBmolla ()
Not Voting
(5)
acryon, SausasaurusRex, The Limit Does Not Exist, Karnage, Auro

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. The Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-14 17:47:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1396, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:What about it do you think is backwards? It seemed like acryon was getting cold feet about a nom wagon as we got close to deadline and he tried to restart an Allo wagon. It’s possible that at that point scum could have pushed a deadline Allo lynch without getting a hardclaim. Do you disagree?
no? nom was a mislynch so why would scum switch at that point ...
it was a few hours before deadline iirc and i dont' think allo was viable at that point; allo could and should have been pushed earlier if that was what scum were trying to do
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:18 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1183, Auro wrote:I'm confident that Rex will also tell as he posts more. We'll make him post more :P
So I told you I'd take your word for this, but now you need to explain. Why would you expect we'd get more from him?
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Auro »

Note that I didn't say I expect he'd post more, but that he would be readable when he posts more. We should make him post.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

i wouldn't object to wagoning him to pressure him but i'm kinda getting the vibe that he just doesn't check the game that often so i'm not sure how much that would accomplish
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:30 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1403, Auro wrote:Note that I didn't say I expect he'd post more, but that he would be readable when he posts more. We should make him post.
I agree, but I'm not sure how we do that.
In post 1404, skitter30 wrote:i wouldn't object to wagoning him to pressure him but i'm kinda getting the vibe that he just doesn't check the game that often so i'm not sure how much that would accomplish
Yeah the problem is we have multiple slots providing close to nothing, making this game very difficult to parse.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

indeed
Show
Hiatus once more.

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 4:33 am

Post by acryon »

VOTE: Eve
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:23 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 1405, acryon wrote: Yeah the problem is we have multiple slots providing close to nothing, making this game very difficult to parse.
True and I'm part of the problem unfortunately
In post 1407, acryon wrote:VOTE: Eve
Is eve one of the slots you were referring to? If so, why vote her and not me or a different slot?
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 7:09 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1408, Karnage wrote:
In post 1405, acryon wrote: Yeah the problem is we have multiple slots providing close to nothing, making this game very difficult to parse.
True and I'm part of the problem unfortunately
In post 1407, acryon wrote:VOTE: Eve
Is eve one of the slots you were referring to? If so, why vote her and not me or a different slot?
I am not including her in that category. I am voting her because I don't feel great about the circumstances surrounding her votes on nom. Voting a slot for the purpose you allude to is unhelpful IMO when we have several people in that category. Just becomes whack-a-mole at that point.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 11:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

Hi why has this game all but died ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1343, Karnage wrote:Eve is probably town too.
I haven't read all the way yet but I wanna know why in your eyes Eve is "probably town"
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1362, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
In post 1334, skitter30 wrote:... it's day2 and we've had flips already
i'm kinda not sure how you don't have any reads at this point ...
But on the flip side, it'd be kinda remarkable to be under that much pressure as scum and still refuse to fake any reads, no?

-Smart
some people play a scared scumgame, they operate out of fear of saying anything too out of line
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1370, acryon wrote:If you're town, you don't want the cop to check you because it's a waste of check, which GL did say as much earlier on. So it was odd for him to then say either he/Karnage should be checked. He should know there's no real thing as a clear--we talked about this.

Many other things led me to believe GL was town, but I do think this post is odd, so I'd like to hear his thoughts on it.
I was frustrated that nom was saying to thought cop skitter, and also that nom was likely townflipping when I couldn't seem to get any traction on Karnage throughout late D2

I am rather convinced he's scum and knew that I was gonna be pushing it hard D2, I did not want to deal with what would be IMO a waste of a cop elsewhere

I also don't think I was ever like 'annoyed' with being cop checked? That feels like a misrep from Auro, I said I'd be fine with it even while acknowledging that it's a waste of a shot on you as town
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1369, Auro wrote:What's interesting to me is GL's trajectory from being annoyed at inclusion in the cop bloc
Can you show me which posts gave you the feeling of me being "annoyed at inclusion in the cop bloc"? I was always more annoyed with being scumread by you and therefore discredited and constantly pushed against for my reads more than the idea of being in a copbloc.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

With the respect to the soft, I definitely saw it and felt it was obvious at the time. I somewhat regret highlighting it so explicitly because I wonder if scum may not have seen it at the same time I did, but I also wanted to see if anyone was going to counterclaim or push Allo harder, which nobody did for about a page so then I backed off and re-evaluated. It also made his early game interactions with Eve make a ton more sense, cause he was skeptical of her for the TA claim when he was riffing on her shitposting but not giving content.

So yes I did see it immediately and I dunno how I would have played it as scum in terms of dayplay but if I were scum I always would have shot him at night there because I think it was pretty blatant. Acryon going back to Allo may be a towntell I feel, cause I don't think he'd miss it as scum if he were looking for TA suspects, and it seems unlikely he was faking not seeing it.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1011, Karnage wrote:
In post 935, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 902, Karnage wrote:
In post 901, skitter30 wrote:i'm kinda most skeptical of where she accused me of slipping because i really don't think there's any universe where she actually believes that
I read it as being a joke
this is possibly worse still though, how could you see it as a joke? Like best case "totally checked out and disengaged town taking a potshot" maybe, but there's no 'joke' there?
sarcasm can be a joke.
Can everybody look at this sequence again, now that we definitively know that nom is town and was genuinely accusing skitter of scumslipping.

First, Karnage tries to defend her by saying she was joking. Which makes no sense on its face, as it's pretty clear in context that she wasn't joking and it doesn't make any actual sense as a joke (see my as well) - what's the punchline? where's the humor coming from?

And then even after makes it clear she wasn't joking, Karnage doubles down trying to defend his interpretation, by saying now it could have been sarcastic? ?? Can you guys read nom's and and subsequent and try to put yourself in the mindset of a townie who sees sarcasm in those posts?

I think it's much more likely Karnage knew she was flipping town and wanted to buddy up to her or make himself look good knowing she'd flip green. It's really hard for me to imagine thinking nom's posts were a joke or sarcastic and not even acknowledging I critically read the game wrong when called out on it. This is just defensive, irrational, and far more likely to be scum-motivated IMO than Karnage genuinely participating in the game and trying to get a handle on people
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

As another point - Karnage disappearing at deadline is sketchy at deadline too. As town, how often do you totally fail to check in on a game as it gets close to deadline? As scum I'll totally lurk the thread and avoid posting if things are going in a positive direction for me and I don't wanna deal with the effort of maintaining appearances if I don't have to, but if I'm town I'm
concerned
. Whenever it's the last time I can realistically make a post before deadline I'm giving my opinions, negotiating votes, and either making sure I'm available or telling people I'm
not
available when we're last minute scrambling for a wagon and lynch.

I know we have a bunch of lurksacks in this game overall but look at Molla's last posts in D1. That's low content/availability, but it's also showing actual thought about where the day is headed and how we can avoid no lynch. Karnage's last posts several days before deadline were calling me out for not voting, then asking who we were lynching and , then saying he's fine off-wagon. There's little to no expression in his EOD1 posts about actually caring who's lynched or even whether it happens at all.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

sorry there's a few minor typos and run ons in the posts above, I've had an edible and it's kicking in so my ability to choose the right words or proofread my posts occasionally gets sloppy
Eve
Eve
Mafia Scum
Eve
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by Eve »

i think we have this in the bag

i don't think Karnage is scum
Auro
Auro