Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:28 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Oh, you said faction

Yeah, that’s LITERALLY the point we’ve made, Vecna. Pops and I have it in our Ability s cation, and Pelican didn’t because he’s scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:28 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Catch up, he’s outed on a technicality.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:42 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1246, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1235, Perry Pelican wrote:You're looking scummy here FL. Pops I buy as town thinking she's really dig into something big here.

You're taking advantage of her right now.
Doesn’t matter if you think I’m scummy. I’m conf town D3. That’s a moo point.

I’m not basing my stuff on anything else besides the three of us, and mainly my own role PM, which Pops explained it exactly like mine is, and yours is different.

The thing is, I see exactly why that happened.

You wouldn’t say in your ability section that you investigate as Mafia because you ARE mafia. That would have been redundant.

@Marquis - that probably checks out because that’s symmetry in setup, which FG is a RG with. Our neighborhood specifically states that everyone in our Abandoned Warehouse, I believe it was, investigates as Mafia.

My ability has my Day 3 IC, and tells me I investigate as Mafia, so that is completely separate from our neighborhood, and that’s where Pelican’s inconsistency is. He didn’t know it was there in the ability section because he doesn’t have it there because that’s redundant as Mafia.
guess this merits some rereading, my stubborn side wants to disagree with you because reads, but its an interesting pickup and i now finally get the argument.
Croag
Croag
Goon
Croag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:55 pm

Post by Croag »

i got prodded sorry yall thought i posted before this

im gonna catch up
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:08 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1278, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 863, Perry Pelican wrote:
In post 856, popsofctown wrote:
In post 851, Perry Pelican wrote:Pelipper is fine.
I'm construing this post to mean that I'm posting things that give you town pings every once in a while and that's giving you indecision because you have to weigh that against somewhat erratic play and an attack on your slot that is a mislynch from your POV, but overall you wouldn't shoot me if you had a dayvig shot right now.
If I had a dayvig it would be used on Kagami.
In post 1128, Perry Pelican wrote:Like, pops I can tell you why you're dead wrong but I'd have to out more information to do so and I know how find you are of unprompted claims.
In post 1148, Perry Pelican wrote:
In post 1146, popsofctown wrote:let's make a deal

we lynch kagami

if he flips town you let me deathtunnel you until one of us dies
You will die first and I guarantee that. Do you still want to make that deal?
In post 1152, Perry Pelican wrote:Pops we will talk about this tonight but you definitely aren't going to like what I'm going to tell you.
Look at this trajectory. This falls in line with Pelican knowing that I’m a vigilante, and knows I’m already lined up to shoot Pops because of the cologne comment. You can tell this is absolutely not Pelican crumbing that he is a Vig because of my next post.
Duality of hoods though.

so far a case can be made every hood has two abilities, that two people have.

im probably misinformed, but there being two vigs (id assume you have limited shots) isnt out of the realm of possibility.

This also makes it a lot more possible/plausible that bingle or I ((FYPOV) are scum
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:10 pm

Post by Vecna »

oh ignore the last part of my post. our hood also protects against vigs
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:17 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1303, Bingle wrote:Why the fuck would we lynch in a 2 vig 1v1? One of them is lying, and the other one shoots them tonight. 90% it's PP lying, but if it isn't does it really matter?
the two vigs thing really aint an impossibility if we have two scum in our hood....

its really about whether he fucked up with the miller thing. doing that as town seems unlikely since apparently you would have two lines dedicated to it in your role pm. I find it strange regardless he didnt go the "i fucked up, didnt pay attention" instead of going straigjt for the vig claim.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

He knew I was a Vig. I outlined why as well.

It’s never been brought up that 2 vig’s is the reason for him being scum. I’ve never pushed that once.

He’s just not a Vig, and I have a post I’ve quoted multiple times that goes over multiple separate reasons that damn him individually even.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:25 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Includes trajectory, stances, and more.

And you can have it all with only 6 separate purchases of $19.99.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:36 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1378, ofrhz wrote:Man I really think RCE is town
by play, yes, absolutely.

the mechanical fuckups and the defense against FL is looking really bad though.

still, i dont agree two vigs cant be a thing
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:37 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1380, kuribo wrote:
In post 1377, Fish Monger wrote:Kuribo could you please maybe make a small list of people, listed one time in the same exact font on separate lines, of people you would lynch right now.

I am typically willing to lynch anyone who is nullread or worse.

Thats anyone with content without a positive read.

Here's my list:

Fish Monger
pisskop
Piss Monger
Fish Kop
pokssip in reverse
Fish Monger
Fish Monger
Fish Monger
Fish Monger
hurray, im no longer on the deathlist
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:39 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1387, Fish Monger wrote:Ok Im done with that for now. Kuribo whatever excuse you have for persisting on like this its giving me a reason to not sit down and play this.
bro, weak
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:42 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1389, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1384, Perry Pelican wrote: I'm told I investigate as mafia. And that the members of our hood investigate as mafia.
In post 332, Perry Pelican wrote:
In post 327, popsofctown wrote:
In post 308, kuribo wrote:What I'm getting at is that Miller can be a role or a modifier, and the reason I was asking was because it's useful to know what all these millers have been told in their neighborhood and do you understand what I'm saying or do I have to dumb it down?

I'll give you an example: there's a huge difference between "everyone in this neighborhood is a Ninja" and "everyone in this neighborhood has the ninja modifier."
I'll let Perry answer this
Nope I'm good.
If you skimmed your role PM in the first place, and didn't reread your role PM to provide kuribo an accurate response here, then in that 10% universe where you're town here, then your laziness is the cause of this mislynch, don't be mad at me.

Because you didn't begin posting with the style of having 2 red check blurbs as opposed to just the one anywhere in this thread until
after
FL and I said we do, one after another. And I originally put you on the spot here in front of kuribo to achieve that sequencing intentionally.

It's a little dirty and angleshooty and I feel bad about it but maybe I'll cause FakeGod to run an even higher percentage of opens, woo.
what was the ordering in this though? because FL seems like the chap thatll be razorquick to pick up on this, and run with it all the way to the bank (bank being birdmislynch)
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:45 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1394, Marquis wrote:i was hard townreading pelican up until the horribly fake sounding vig claim
and yet...........it was so bad im thinking it might actually..............hhhh
whats up with that

who's pelican an alt of

if this game has taught me anything so far it's that the setup has a lot of symmetry or repeated role elements and i would not put it past FG to allow duplicates of strong town roles, balanced by the fact that temptation to act will lead to a quick caffeine endgame
or half of the scumteam being protected from it, riiiiite?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:52 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1413, kuribo wrote:
In post 1387, Fish Monger wrote:. Kuribo whatever excuse you have for persisting on like this its giving me a reason to not sit down and play this.

I'm persisting because you're caught scum.

If anything you and Vecna being all LETS PISS KURIBO OFF FOR FUN gives me all the more reason to say fuck you and fuck this game too.

Like you know I've struggled with keeping my rage in check, so for you to intentionally poke me, either means you're scum doing it for an end, or you're a garbage human being on a personal level.

And I don't believe you're a garbage human, I believe you fully fucking intended on getting me to either replace out or get banned or whatever your end was.\

I expect no better behavior from scum fucks, but if this game ends and you're somehow town, holy fuck dude, fuck you.
To be fair, I had no idea this was a deep-level type of thing. I was just doing the investigative "let me poke at this fishy looking thing".
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:57 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1422, Flavor Leaf wrote:You can look at the sample role PM’s.

It has a neighborhood section, and an ability section.

It didn’t cross RCE’s mind that he should have the investigates as mafia in his ability section, so he was trying to be informative town seeming by explaining what it said and got caught out. Honestly, i think i would have likely made the same mistake.
the deeper implication is:

scum pelican allegedly thought the neighbourhood modifier made everyone investigate as scum

town people oughta know the modifier of the hood just informed everyone that everyone in the hood would investigate as scum, somehow (namely being scum or being miller).
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:08 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 1458, popsofctown wrote:I'm lying, but only to myself

I'm procrastinating the vote because it's a gross way to win, as a social deduction game Pelipper has played well, as someone having to compensate for closed setup irregularities, yuck

The reason as of now is I don't want to end the day, croag needs to be replaced, Gorkington needs to post at least a little, etc.

I don't know if my vote is on Marquis right now or not but UNVOTE:
Ill say, I still wanna look for reasons why this isnt damning, because his play has screamed town. loudly.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:17 am

Post by Vecna »

this type of catching up probably makes me look like a bit of an idiot for repeating a ton of shit.

in before chandra and pine complain
Perry Pelican
Perry Pelican
Goon
Perry Pelican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:19 am

Post by Perry Pelican »

In post 1506, Vecna wrote:
In post 1303, Bingle wrote:Why the fuck would we lynch in a 2 vig 1v1? One of them is lying, and the other one shoots them tonight. 90% it's PP lying, but if it isn't does it really matter?
the two vigs thing really aint an impossibility if we have two scum in our hood....

its really about whether he fucked up with the miller thing. doing that as town seems unlikely since apparently you would have two lines dedicated to it in your role pm. I find it strange regardless he didnt go the "i fucked up, didnt pay attention" instead of going straigjt for the vig claim.
It's not in separate lines. It's in the same line of abilities.

Regardless it still didn't answer my question of whether the hood was the cause of the modifier or a product of it.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:21 am

Post by Vecna »

the interesting thing about this miller hood......

is that the mod probably specifically designed it for this exact scenario to happen. Whether it was designed with a scum in it to see if he would set himself up, or with all town for one of them to slip.....

interesting interesting. I bet the mod is very satisfied with how his creation worked out.

regardless, this is another argument why two vigs in there is a possibility. they were designed to fight eachother.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:22 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 1518, Perry Pelican wrote:

Regardless it still didn't answer my question of whether the hood was the cause of the modifier or a product of it.
describe the buildup of your role pm, in intricate detail starting at the top
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:32 am

Post by Gorkington »

im still working on catchup before engaging the thread but i just wanted to point this fun tidbit out:
In post 1115, Perry Pelican wrote:I'm a strong proponent that vig should only shoot in situations that town would lose majority otherwise. The exception being a high info kill that eliminates a 50/50.
VOTE: pelican

im gonna bus him just for you marquis.
trash
Perry Pelican
Perry Pelican
Goon
Perry Pelican
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:35 am

Post by Perry Pelican »

In post 1520, Vecna wrote:
In post 1518, Perry Pelican wrote:

describe the buildup of your role pm, in intricate detail starting at the top
There's not going to be some voila moment that says only town could have that role pm so.

Why?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:35 am

Post by Gorkington »

eh, using sleepy brain for more than two seconds makes me feel a little less like thats a scumslip.
its kind of hard to believe that someone with experience with FL would take any claim from him at face value though.
and i dont really like most of the posts ive seen from pelican during catch-up so far, so, probably a good vote anyways.
trash
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:56 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 1301, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Anyone who claims to have shot a vanilliazing roleblocker gets lynched, dont they? And I dont think using the scum kill as cover long term typically works.
In post 1334, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 1330, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1329, Chandra Nalaar wrote:
In post 1321, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1299, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Dont scum typically pay *more* attention to their role PMs, if anything?

It is odd that hes stuck on the point and not said "oh yeah it does say that oops," but where is the scum equity?
Yes, not their fake claims, though.
The opposite seems more likely to me
There’s a reason I was voting you the majority of this game.
We have fundamentally different approaches to the game. That doesnt make me scum.
Ceph, Marquis summed the argument up fairly well in . I don't see a clear "emphatic statement," but Perry does have posts that would be very strange if he has "You investigate as Mafia" is his town role PM. Paying *more* attention to his role PM doesn't help him, because it's a very simple and easy misinterpretation that "Everyone in this neighborhood investigates as Mafia" is an aspect of the neighborhood, not a feature of each player's role if you don't have that additional "You investigate as Mafia" clause in your role PM. (This seems like a design error, btw).

He has a confirmable claim, because he's probably telling the truth that he's a vig. FG likes giving scum extra kills in larger games. He won't have to pretend to shoot a vanillaizing roleblocker; he'll just shoot Town that are plausible vig shots.

VOTE: Perry

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”