Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1745, Shoshin wrote:SR's locktown.

The scum are within DT, Clem, Vedith, and Fusco.
You think fusco is the only scum that participated in Wazoo’s lynch
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

irrel, can you share your reads list on everyone
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I will after Shoshin answers my question
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

how likely town do you think volxen is?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1750, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 1745, Shoshin wrote:SR's locktown.

The scum are within DT, Clem, Vedith, and Fusco.
You think fusco is the only scum that participated in Wazoo’s lynch
I don't think scum always vote for a mislynch. Context matters. I think they were setting up a mislynch on RC knowing Wazoo would flip town. I don't think they expected us to townread RC as strongly as we do.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by volxen »

@Irrelephant It's fine to ask others for reads, but I don't believe you have shared any reads this day phase beyond thinking that Shoshin is town, so please share any other reads that you have.

I thought DoubtingThomas was scummy with the way he pushed RC on day one, but he's been a lot more reasonable today. I still think Clemency was scummy with the way he has treated both the RC/Alonzo slot as well as my slot. I'm not sure I buy Fuscosco's townread of me at the end of day one, because it was based on a false narrative that I was a new player, and this came from him after previously voting for me at the beginning of day one for having a "weak showing".

I find this post from Vedith a bit suspect:
In post 1558, Vedith wrote:It's a good play.
Actually, putting all 3 in would be the best option.
Sacrifice the weaker looking Scum for the game.

But you're probably right. Volxen not Scum. Probably coward Scum putting all town.

I think most of us agree it's highly unlikely that there are two or three scum among the nominees for obvious reasons, namely that it's just bad for scum to have a 2/3 or 100% chance of a red flip on an even-numbered day. Vedith could be using this post to create doubt about the two surviving nominees in future day phases. So if Irrelephant and Shoshin are both town and there are no scum among the nominees, Vedith could come back to this post and try to argue that at least one of us that survived today is scum. Or if Vedith is scum with one of Irrelephant or Shoshin, in the event that his scum nominee partner is lynched today, he could still try to argue that at least one of the two surviving nominees is likely scum as well. Considering in practice how unlikely it is for there to be more than one scum nominee, I'm not sure why he would bring this up.

And he also tried to cause doubt about RC/Alonzo being locktown when he objectively is:
In post 1583, Vedith wrote:
In post 1579, volxen wrote:His frustration with GrandWazoo and the game in general seemed genuine
AtE is always NAI
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1432, Fuscosco wrote:Okay, off cuff here, at post

Shoshin, Irre, Volx

RC
ScumRead, DT, Auro
Gazoo
Clem, Demon
Interesting that the three people Fuscosco listed as his top-tier townreads on day one are
exactly
the same as the three people on today's nomination list. Thoughts on that Irrelephant (or anyone else)?
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1755, volxen wrote:@Irrelephant It's fine to ask others for reads, but I don't believe you have shared any reads this day phase beyond thinking that Shoshin is town, so please share any other reads that you have.
:roll:
Right but like
I played D1
Iirc until this post from you there were multiple players you’d never spoken about (which honestly might still be true?).

Anyway

{me}

{Shoshin, Auro}
{volxen, Alonzo}

{scum reading}
{doubting Thomas} - null
{everyone else}
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I don’t get the feeling from either Shoshin or volxen that they have much agenda and I agree with most of their analysis
So in spite of my paranoia I have to play like the towniest players are town, which imo means us three should focus more on the rest of the playerlist
I’m considering volunteering for this day’s lynch and leading tomorrow’s lynch today tbh but it also just feels wrong to let myself be lynched on purpose for obvious reasons
Still, let’s sort that {idk they’re scummy} group
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:04 pm

Post by volxen »

@Irrelephant Have I convinced you that I'm town yet? I do think there is something to be said about it not making sense for scum!me to choose a nomination list of {Irrelephant, Shoshin, Volxen}. Aside from the fact that both you and Shoshin were much more heavily townread than me on day one, there is also the fact that both of you have a lot of experience and history together. So there's a good chance that the two of you would "double team" me (even if you both think that I am town) and vote for me today as opposed to voting for each other, and I think that two of the nominees agreeing to vote for the other nominee is going to potentially affect how other people vote. So for me to be scum in this situation, not only did I choose two players who were both much more heavily townread than me on day one as my "competitors" in this nomination list, but also two players who are probably much more likely to both vote for me rather than for each other. And if I were scum and got flipped today, there would literally be zero benefit to my remaining scumbuddies, as it would just further solidify that you and Shoshin are both town via the unlikelihood of multiple scum being among the nominees.

Do you agree with me that from a purely objective standpoint, this nomination list is much more risky and makes a lot less sense for scum!Volxen than it does for either of scum!Irrelephant or scum!Shoshin? Even something like {Auro, Shoshin, Volxen} would make more sense than {Irrelephant, Shoshin, Volxen} for scum!me to choose, because it's more likely that I could convince Auro to vote for Shoshin than you, which would mean two of the nominees agreeing to vote for Shoshin.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I mean my readslist should show I have you near the top of my reads

Does this mean you’ve decided I’m town? That’s sort of a weird appeal if you think I’m scum and I’d lost track of your read on me
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1760, Irrelephant11 wrote:I mean my readslist should show I have you near the top of my reads

Does this mean you’ve decided I’m town? That’s sort of a weird appeal if you think I’m scum and I’d lost track of your read on me
I typed most of that message up before you posted and then saw your message as I hit preview, but I still was curious if you had me as locktown as opposed to just a townlean or townread so I left the question in. I take it I'm at least a strong townread for you.

I'm still unsure about your alignment, but I think that all three of you, Shoshin, and I should try to share as much as possible this day phase, since one of us won't be around for day three. And I think that there is at least one scum among {DoubtingThomas, Clemency, Vedith, Fuscosco}, so I agree with sorting among those four today.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:19 pm

Post by volxen »

And I think we should start here:
In post 1756, volxen wrote:

Shoshin, Irre, Volx

RC
ScumRead, DT, Auro
Gazoo
Clem, Demon
Interesting that the three people Fuscosco listed as his top-tier townreads on day one are
exactly
the same as the three people on today's nomination list. Thoughts on that Irrelephant (or anyone else)?
I don't think it's a coincidence that the nomination list corresponds exactly to Fuscosco's top-tier townreads from day one.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:21 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Do you think that makes Fus scum or do you think scum just took his reads as pretty representative of town
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:28 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

Y would scum do that
Alonzo
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Alonzo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by Alonzo »

We move on clems slot tomorrow.

Literally played a game with him right before this he flaked as scum.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1763, Irrelephant11 wrote:Do you think that makes Fus scum or do you think scum just took his reads as pretty representative of town
That's what I'm wondering. If Fuscosco is town, why would scum use his readslist to help them form their nomination list? Especially since he is a clearly an experienced player playing on an alt (look at his join date on his profile), so presumably no one here knows who his main is. And beyond that, as I've said before I found his whole progression on me from "Volxen is scum because he had a weak showing" to then "Volxen is a top-tier townread because I think he is a new player" (when I'm not) is suspect, because his entire townread of me was based on a false narrative that he would easily know is false if he looked into me at all.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1765, Alonzo wrote:We move on clems slot tomorrow.

Literally played a game with him right before this he flaked as scum.
He was fairly scummy in this game in any case.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1744, Irrelephant11 wrote:Auro what are your current Shoshin thoughts
Town.
@Shoshin: What do you make of Irre's willingness to be today's lynch?

I need to catch up on the thread properly, I'll do that in a while.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 1756, volxen wrote:

Shoshin, Irre, Volx

RC
ScumRead, DT, Auro
Gazoo
Clem, Demon
exactly
This is a good catch.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by volxen »

I mean Clemency has been scummy most of the game, but he is scummy as both alignments. Fuscosco had me as a top-tier townread on day one, when I objectively should not have been a top-tier townread for anyone on day one. Fuscosco was the only person to have me as a top-tier townread on day one, and I don't really believe his reasoning as far as how he arrived at that read on me.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1768, Auro wrote:@Shoshin: What do you make of Irre's willingness to be today's lynch?
Null for him. It's a very towny looking thing that actually isn't towny when you think about it.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by Shoshin »

This is where I remind everyone that I tried steering RC to a Fusco lynch yesterday. If he flips scum, I'm taking credit for that one.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by Shoshin »

And if he flips town, I just embarrassed myself pretty badly, I guess.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

Nah u r scum

Return to “Completed Open Games”