Shoshin:
(4) DoubtingThomas, Alonzo, volxen, scum reading
Volxen:
(2) Vedith, Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11:
(0)

Not Voting:
chennisden, Auro, Fuscosco, Shoshin

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2019-03-19 05:19:27)
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1785, Irrelephant11 wrote:What is this referring to
Fusco's defense on the nominations co-inciding with his top town.
As far as I understood it, it's that he'd lie about his readslist if he were scum, but I don't feel like that's actually rebutting the argument. To be fair, I can't think of any reasonable defense to the allegation anyway. I think the simple explanation (barring this being a co-incidence) given scum!Fusco is that he was being honest in that readslist WRT who he felt was the towniest, and dictated the noms according to the same thought process - perhaps not realizing that he stated townreading all of them.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:52 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 1824, Auro wrote:
In post 1818, DoubtingThomas wrote:townies don't "wait to towncase" themselves
What's the problem with towncasing oneself? They provide reasons they're town - and leave you to evaluate said reasons. Towncasing yourself is itself NAI, but the case itself could be useful in establishing/cementing a read.
why does town need time to town case themselves.

i feel like towns just spout whatever they need to spout because from their perspectives, it's natural. scums want "time" to come up with fake reasons on why they are town.

She asked SR to unvote her and he was only 4th vote out of 6. Maybe she can start "towncasing" herself now. If she's busy, still say the gist of what she wants to say. Does she want irrel or volx lynched?

Straight up saying, "Wait! give me time so I can prepare a towncase!" is scummy
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:53 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1526, Fuscosco wrote:rc wasn't nominated because she was hella obviously town after that place out. That slot IC now, afaic.
This also pings me to a certain extent.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:54 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 1828, Auro wrote:
In post 1526, Fuscosco wrote:rc wasn't nominated because she was hella obviously town after that place out. That slot IC now, afaic.
how
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:55 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1827, DoubtingThomas wrote:why does town need time to town case themselves.

i feel like towns just spout whatever they need to spout because from their perspectives, it's natural. scums want "time" to come up with fake reasons on why they are town.

She asked SR to unvote her and he was only 4th vote out of 6. Maybe she can start "towncasing" herself now. If she's busy, still say the gist of what she wants to say. Does she want irrel or volx lynched?

Straight up saying, "Wait! give me time so I can prepare a towncase!" is scummy
I don't think there's any reason to be at L-2 at this stage with 6 days remaining anyway.
Even scum can just say the gist of what they want to say with the vote still present, no?
Asking for time is not AI.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:56 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1829, DoubtingThomas wrote:
how
Like Fuscosco is aware of the thought process that went on in picking the nominations. It's a weak feeling, but it's there.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:57 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

Asking for time is shit and her constantly gloating that she is a good townie while not being a good townie and playing absolutely shit is AI
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:58 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 1831, Auro wrote:
how
Like Fuscosco is aware of the thought process that went on in picking the nominations. It's a weak feeling, but it's there.
a lot of people called rc locktown. thoughts on that? why specifically fusco?
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:58 am

Post by scum reading »

In post 1808, Shoshin wrote:SR, unvote while you give me a chance to town case myself.
You’re at L-2, you have time
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:00 am

Post by scum reading »

In post 1810, Shoshin wrote:The idea of killing the stronger townie instead of the stronger scum among a group of three likely townies doesn't make any sense by the way.
Volxen is the strongest townie, I don’t know him like you, but he’s the only one who presented a really good case and doesn’t say “explanations are scummy” . Are you gonna give me explanations as to why you’re town now?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

how
I can see that
In post 1832, DoubtingThomas wrote:Asking for time is shit and her constantly gloating that she is a good townie while not being a good townie and playing absolutely shit is AI
Assume for a second her PoE is absolutely correct and you’re the townie inside it. Do you still dislike her play?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:03 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1833, DoubtingThomas wrote:a lot of people called rc locktown. thoughts on that? why specifically fusco?
Yeah I stated I think RC is town much earlier, and I think the reasons should be obvious - no way he fakes all those posts leading up to his replace out knowing GrandWazoo's alignment as scum. AtE and replacing out in themselves may not be AI, but the context here makes it AI.

What do you mean, why specifically Fusco? Are there any other slots you want me to give a read on?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:04 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1835, scum reading wrote:Volxen is the strongest townie, I don’t know him like you, but he’s the only one who presented a really good case and doesn’t say “explanations are scummy” . Are you gonna give me explanations as to why you’re town now?
When they say "strongest townie", they mean scumhunting, and it's verifiable that Shoshin has a very high accuracy at scumhunting.
While Volxen is great as town, Shoshin is objectively the stronger town in that sense.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:06 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 1836, Irrelephant11 wrote:
how
I can see that
In post 1832, DoubtingThomas wrote:Asking for time is shit and her constantly gloating that she is a good townie while not being a good townie and playing absolutely shit is AI
Assume for a second her PoE is absolutely correct and you’re the townie inside it. Do you still dislike her play?
She's not convincing me and she hasn't been answering my questions throughout the game. What reason is there to like about her play? Even if someone has an accurate read, if they are playing uncooperatively, there is nothing to like about that play. I think mafia is not just a game of finding scums, but also communicating and convincing others. You can never win a game of mafia alone. I don't like this question from you. It doesn't make sense and I don't think it's really intuitive. Don't understand why a townie would ask this
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Lol
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Auro »

Good townie accuracy-wise.
May not hold to your standards of what constitutes a "good townie".
Asking for time is NAI - scum also has the same time to just say what they want to say, as I said.

If you want to push her, make a convincing case on why her behaviour is AI, rather than simply shade her.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:09 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1823, Auro wrote:I don't think self-meta is scummy, it's actually pretty useful.
I agree on self-meta.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Basically: If she’s objectively a strong scumhunter, and she has about the same amount of scum equity as, say, me, why vote her? That’s why I’m asking; you’re not acknowledging her strength at scumhunting

But now I just kinda think you’re scum, there was no reason to respond that aggressively, trying to discredit me in my defense of Shoshin
Like if you don’t see why a townie would ask the question I asked, vote me
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:11 am

Post by scum reading »

Meanwhile, scrolling through Shoshin’s ISO and all I can see is half of her iso being “what do you think about this, RC?” followed by naked votes without explanations
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:11 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 1837, Auro wrote:
In post 1833, DoubtingThomas wrote:a lot of people called rc locktown. thoughts on that? why specifically fusco?
Yeah I stated I think RC is town much earlier, and I think the reasons should be obvious - no way he fakes all those posts leading up to his replace out knowing GrandWazoo's alignment as scum. AtE and replacing out in themselves may not be AI, but the context here makes it AI.

What do you mean, why specifically Fusco? Are there any other slots you want me to give a read on?
A lot of people locktowned RC for the sub out. Fuscos I think was just saying the same thing pretty much. Don't see what you mean by it's scummy
scum reading
scum reading
Goon
scum reading
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:12 am

Post by scum reading »

She’s not scum hunting at all, she’s just relying on RC’s reads and go from there, so I don’t see that scum hunting case you brought up, Auro
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:13 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 1843, Irrelephant11 wrote:Basically: If she’s objectively a strong scumhunter, and she has about the same amount of scum equity as, say, me, why vote her? That’s why I’m asking; you’re not acknowledging her strength at scumhunting

But now I just kinda think you’re scum, there was no reason to respond that aggressively, trying to discredit me in my defense of Shoshin
Like if you don’t see why a townie would ask the question I asked, vote me
she has a lot more scum equity than you do. i don't think she's good at scumhunting, but even given that she is correct in her poe, she's doing a shitty job and doing absolutely nothing to convince me of it so why should i like her play?

the question is shit
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:15 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1846, scum reading wrote:She’s not scum hunting at all, she’s just relying on RC’s reads and go from there, so I don’t see that scum hunting case you brought up, Auro
Untrue - she attempted to get RC to vote Fusco instead of GrandWazoo.
She's taken stances on the various slots, she arrived at a lynchpool of 4: that IS scumhunting, what do you expect?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:16 am

Post by Auro »

In post 1845, DoubtingThomas wrote:A lot of people locktowned RC for the sub out. Fuscos I think was just saying the same thing pretty much. Don't see what you mean by it's scummy
It's not for saying RC was locktown, it's for saying "rc wasn't nominated because ... obviously".

Return to “Completed Open Games”