Back to the Future Mafia - Over: Was Hill Valley saved?

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Not seeing the Chronos case myself. Doesn't the fact that Anti isn't disputing any of the votes on him, weak or strong, say something?

@Anyone not voting Anti- please tell us why not. Thank you in advance.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by xvart »

Drunk as a skunk but I feel it pertinent to say that maybe antifinity and kiwi are scum buddies? Will actually post substance tomorrow. Disappointed in MoI's unvote.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:20 am

Post by LordChronos »

@MoI

You misunderstood what I was saying there. I meant with regards to the request to find games. In that instance I did copy your words.

Anyway, Antifinity simply sitting around ignoring the votes on him and refusing to give more content is just making him scummier in my eyes.

Unvote; Vote: Antifinity

@xvart

Love to hear more.
I'm a talking computer.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:50 am

Post by LordChronos »

V/LA 9/12 - 9/18
I'm a talking computer.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:52 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD – I’ll be V/LA from 4pm EST today until Monday morning for my usual weekend family duties.

Ok so Starbuck and Snake are going to be gross underperformers this game. One of them is probably going to be the scum who flies under the radar. Mark my words.

UNVOTE: LC
VOTE: Antifinity

Since I’ll be gone until closer to deadline this goes back on since our slackers show no sign of actually WANTING TO PLAY MAFIA.

@Anti
– You are at L-1 again. Shadow probably will hammer you. You might want to think about claiming sooner rather than later.

--

LC wrote:Anyway, Antifinity simply sitting around ignoring the votes on him and refusing to give more content is just making him scummier in my eyes.

Unvote; Vote: Antifinity

Depending on Anti’s alignment this may be a goldmine for relational tell purposes.

--

Vezok wrote: MoI: Why do you consider antifinity scummy?

I’ll summarize for you but this is pretty clear from my ISO.

Anti jumped on the Maru bandwagon with crap reasoning.
Kiwi calls him out on this (I agree with the call-out)
Anti immediately says effectively “LULZ TARP SPRUNG” and calls Kiwi obv-scum.
Anti’s explanations about why Kiwi is scummy and why he was voting for someone he later says was clearly a bad lynch don’t make much sense.
Anti’s other contributions to the game and scum-hunting are non-existant.

--

xvart wrote:Disappointed in MoI's unvote.

In the words of the Princess Bride – “Get used to disappointment” :P
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Starbuck »

I am not a fan at all of Shadow Dancer's policy lynch vote in 41. It's akin to bringing outside influences into games.

In post 56, Maruchan wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
Maruchan wrote:Interesting idea SnakePlissken, with the 88th poster thing.

@Everyone, does anyone think a mass nameclaim would be beneficial?

Seriously?

Unvote
Vote: Maruchan

Did you not read my explanation?

I am new, I have never played mafia before where there were names besides "cop nilla mafia doctor" and so on. So I have no fucking clue as to when a good time to nameclaim (not roleclaim, nameclaim) is. THATS WHY I ASKED. Sorry that you dislike the fact that I'm new to forum mafia.

I did, but what you asked is akin (I seem to like this word today) to rolefishing.

In post 59, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Shadow Dancer wrote:maru was D1 mislynch in Campaign mafia.
Per was D1 mislynch in lemming mafia.
Both ongoing games, so I won't elaborate.
I never played with vezok before.

I find your reasoning for why they would be good policy lynches to be sorerly lacking.

Refering to a single game (ongoing) where a player was mislynched on Day 1 is hardly reasonable. By that standard any play who has ever been mislynched Day 1 (which usually has scum influence behind the action) should be policy lynched.

I've been mislynched a fuck ton of times on Day 1. Maybe I should be on his list too?

Ridiculous, ShadowDancer.

In post 78, kiwieagle wrote:also for those curious, I find Maru townish and his lynch in page 4 is heavily opportunistic.

Such as...?

And with LordChronos' Post 76, I am of the lynch all liars mentality.

That's what I have so far. I know I'm still a number of pages behind, but I'm working on it.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:19 am

Post by ooba »

Anti prod measure - busy with other ongoing - will come back to this ..
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by xvart »

Honestly, I don't think I could be more disinterested in the LC/MoI discussion; however, the fact that LC is still latching onto the topic is not sitting well with me.

In post 192, Shadow Dancer wrote:
unvote. vote Chronos

Until Anti waggon grows again pressure needs to go where is's deserved.
What do you mean "until the wagon grows again"? It lost one vote. Your unvote is the one that truly diminished the wagon. This is suspect because of the incorrect and over rationalization for unvoting.

Anti needs the noose.
I only read quote walls.

LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by LordChronos »

In post 207, xvart wrote:Honestly, I don't think I could be more disinterested in the LC/MoI discussion; however, the fact that LC is still latching onto the topic is not sitting well with me.

In post 192, Shadow Dancer wrote:
unvote. vote Chronos

Until Anti waggon grows again pressure needs to go where is's deserved.
What do you mean "until the wagon grows again"? It lost one vote. Your unvote is the one that truly diminished the wagon. This is suspect because of the incorrect and over rationalization for unvoting.

Anti needs the noose.

I'm curious as to what you mean by latching onto it. Also interesting that you say I'm latching onto it but not that MoI is.

Also, you mentioned earlier thinking Antifinity and kiwi are scum buddies and said you post more today. So, why are Anti and kiwi scum buddies?
I'm a talking computer.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 208, LordChronos wrote:I'm curious as to what you mean by latching onto it. Also interesting that you say I'm latching onto it but not that MoI is.
Latching on might not have been the best way to say it but the whole Maruchan thing has been what a statistically significant in terms of your focus; outside of the few peripheral "hey so-and-so, I want to know what you think about this person." You've done that a few times but if feels more like fluff. I think everything you're saying about Maruchan seems pretty ridiculous so that being the focal point is suspicious in my eyes. The difference between you and MoI is that he is pushing you on your responses and your unique behavior.

In post 208, LordChronos wrote:Also, you mentioned earlier thinking Antifinity and kiwi are scum buddies and said you post more today. So, why are Anti and kiwi scum buddies?
lol. I forgot I said that. It isn't anything concrete but kiwi's posts and their back and forth banter about how they think each other is scum is rubbing me the wrong way. Even though kiwi hasn't been under any pressure I get the feeling that this might be one of those scum bussing scum things as neither of them really seem like they are actually making an effort to substantiate their claims of each other being scum or that they really care if the wagon goes through; other than "NO U" sort of stuff.
I only read quote walls.

Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Antifinity »

I'll claim when someone who isn't voting me explicitly says they intend to vote for me, and not a moment before. I haven't had much else to say because I've caught someone who is more and more blatantly playing in a scummy fashion, and he isn't posting much (prod 2 already) and none of it is substantial, so I can't build a case on him other than what I've presented. As far as a defense? I have none, I built the meaningless Maru wagon to try to pressure reactions out of the people on it, and caught a scum tell instead, so I moved to voting for him, but rather than defending himself, he's posted basically nothing, so I'm just stuck here doing not much. I can't excuse jumping off the Maru wagon, other than with the fact I was jumping onto someone who is actually Scum, and I can't excuse my lack of scum hunting because he won't do a damn thing in his defense. If you want to hammer me for that, say so and I'll understand.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 210, Antifinity wrote:I'll claim when someone who isn't voting me explicitly says they intend to vote for me, and not a moment before. I haven't had much else to say because I've caught someone who is more and more blatantly playing in a scummy fashion, and he isn't posting much (prod 2 already) and none of it is substantial, so I can't build a case on him other than what I've presented. As far as a defense? I have none, I built the meaningless Maru wagon to try to pressure reactions out of the people on it, and caught a scum tell instead, so I moved to voting for him, but rather than defending himself, he's posted basically nothing, so I'm just stuck here doing not much. I can't excuse jumping off the Maru wagon, other than with the fact I was jumping onto someone who is actually Scum, and I can't excuse my lack of scum hunting because he won't do a damn thing in his defense. If you want to hammer me for that, say so and I'll understand.

CLAIM.

Only scum stall.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by Antifinity »

I read a bunch on the wiki to try to play better, and according to
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... o_Claiming
I really shouldn't claim unless it is certain that I'll get lynched otherwise. So unless I know for sure 1 more person would be willing to vote me, I'm not claiming. It'd presumably my power role(s) (if I have any) to claim and just generally give up pro-town information that might not need to be out there. If you want to debate the points in that article, I'm willing to reconsider, but that is my reasoning for now.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Nuts, I've been badly waylaid this week. Not had a chance to get a look in. I'm going to have q read back, but as it's my birthday tomorrow I won't be likely to comment until Monday.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

OK Anti, I will hammer you. Dependant on your claim, so I'll give you until the end of Saturday, (today) to do it or I hammer you around 11pm GMT+1 time.

Unvote
Show

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:12 am

Post by ooba »

Lol. People should seriously unvote Antifinity ...
a) I don't see scum stalling for a claim like this. Put yourself in the position of you-scum being wagon'd to L-1. Granted this is projection but I am definitely not going to quote claiming theory at that point. It's sub optimal.
b) Also Dekes gave scum pretty good fakeclaims last game. Given that, I'd see scum claiming at L-1 asap and not stall and hopefully hope people buy the claim and move to someone else .. Game for reference ...
I am right when I say he's bad town. There are better lynch candidates for today. For example...

Nuts, I've been badly waylaid this week. Not had a chance to get a look in. I'm going to have q read back, but as it's my birthday tomorrow I won't be likely to comment until Monday.

OK Anti, I will hammer you. Dependant on your claim, so I'll give you until the end of Saturday, (today) to do it or I hammer you around 11pm GMT+1 time.

Unvote

Doesn't have time to comment till Monday but willing to hammer Anti on Saturday without even reading. Don't see these two posts coming from a town mindset.
Vote: Snake
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:57 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 210, Antifinity wrote:I'll claim when someone who isn't voting me explicitly says they intend to vote for me, and not a moment before. I haven't had much else to say because I've caught someone who is more and more blatantly playing in a scummy fashion, and he isn't posting much (prod 2 already) and none of it is substantial, so I can't build a case on him other than what I've presented. As far as a defense? I have none, I built the meaningless Maru wagon to try to pressure reactions out of the people on it, and caught a scum tell instead, so I moved to voting for him, but rather than defending himself, he's posted basically nothing, so I'm just stuck here doing not much. I can't excuse jumping off the Maru wagon, other than with the fact I was jumping onto someone who is actually Scum, and I can't excuse my lack of scum hunting because he won't do a damn thing in his defense. If you want to hammer me for that, say so and I'll understand.

please point to this scum tell you seem to have found so I know what to defend myself from? I defended myself from what I saw needed defending, IE: SD's idiotic vote. I didn't know you supposedly found a scumtell on me
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:04 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Ooba with all due respect you are a donut. The posts about claiming were directly above mine, so while I'm reading back I at least looked at the last couple of posts.
Show

Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Antifinity »

In post 216, Maruchan wrote:

please point to this scum tell you seem to have found so I know what to defend myself from? I defended myself from what I saw needed defending, IE: SD's idiotic vote. I didn't know you supposedly found a scumtell on me

Sorry if that was unclear. I found no scum tell on you, I think you're town.

Alright, that's potential hammer, so I'm gonna go ahead and claim. Jennifer Parker
(1885)Vanilla Townie (1955)Vanilla Townie (1985)One-shot Deputy (2015)Bodyguard
Please don't lynch me, k?
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Neither Jennifer Parker as a 1 shot deputy in 85 or a bodyguard in 2015 make any sense. Hmm.
Show

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Maruchan »

SNnake lets not play outguess the mod.

If you eel like playing outguess the mod, I will immediately full-claim so you can outguess the mod for me too.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Dekes »

D1 Vote count #8

Antifinity
(L-1) - kiwieagle, PeregrineV, xvart, havingfitz, LordChronos, MagnaofIllusion

LordChronos
(L-5): vezokpiraka, Shadow Dancer
Maruchan
(L-6): Starbuck
SnakePlissken
(L-6): ooba
Shadow Dancer
(L-6): Maruchan
kiwieagle
(L-6): Antifinity

Not voting (1)
- SnakePlissken

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch and 7 to no lynch.

Deadline expires in (expired on 2011-09-13 19:30:00)

V/LAs:

LordChronos:
9/12 - 9/18
MagnaofIllusion:
9/9 - 9/12

Shadow Dancer
havingfitz
kiwieagle
(second time) and
PeregrineV
(second time) prodded.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Fine.

v/LA until Monday

As noted in my sig block, I'm not around much on weekends.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by havingfitz »

PS...
it hadn't been focking 48 hours yet when the prod went out.
That's twice I've received early prods.

I hate focking 48 hours deadlines. :mad:
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Deadline is in two days. Are we lynching LC or anti?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”