UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:39 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 192, Impede wrote:I'm townreading both of them to be clear. Definitely not an OMGUS lol. I think I townread Luca moreso than Moz... hence that comment.
oh. didn see this.
so...i don't get enough sleep
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:40 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 186, Impede wrote:Finally caught up. Here's where I'm at as far as reads. Not going to post a ton of rationale since I need to get back to work (on lunch right now), but most of it is in my previous posts from the past hour. Feel free to question anything in particular that doesn't jive and I'll explain.

Town
to
Null
to
Scum
:

Sesq, Moz

UCV*, Luca, Cy
----slight
Laser*, Comm
----leaning town
CoA*, Arch('s slot)*
----leaning scum
Lucky, Zaraki

*indicates a need for more content. Don't feel great about these reads.
lol. why did i think this said you were scum reading moz and Luca...... my bad. i miss read
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:41 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 197, Impede wrote:
In post 98, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 94, Luca Blight wrote:You had no reasoning, just guesswork. There is no particular reason for you to believe Comm is lying about fishing for reactions, and given that everyone fishes for reactions to some degree in RVS you really need to have something to make your vote hold water.
Youre still not providing an example, because you can't provide one. We are just evaluating people's reactions in interactions and deciding ourselves wether it's coming from scum or town. Let's turn this around Luca, we are several pages in, what are your reads and why? **disclaimer, I will be using your own logic to your reads, so unless you read the entire playlist as null, I'll expect you to defend your opinions against "There is no particular reason for you to believe that X is Y"
This is kind of irrational and not town-productive. You must know that you would never get the level of rationale you required in . Why are you pretending like it was a fair request? And how would you define "Luca logic"?
That's the point though. He was never going to be able to provide me an example of solid proof in a nightless vanilla game, yet he was disagreeing with me because I didn't have this thing that literally cannot exist. There will be no cop guilty level proof, so we have to read things and make our opinion. I made my opinion, he disagreed with it for a nonsense reason.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:45 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 197, Impede wrote:And how would you define "Luca logic"?
You can't prove it, thus you shouldn't act on it. For example, whats your scum case on me?

Doesn't matter, you don't have proof I'm not just bad town so you shouldn't scum read me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 1.6

CommKnight(3)
~ cytheflyguy, Zulfy, Lucky2u

mozamis(2)
~ Impede, CultOfAthena
Lucky2u(2)
~ Sesq, CommKnight
Impede(2)
~ Luca Blight, mozamis
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez(1)
~ LaserGuy

Not Voting (2): Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez, UC Voyager

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2017-12-02 21:30:00)

FLAVORThis is an automated vote count generated by a tool written by MathBlade. It goes much smoother with exact votes but will try to detect bold votes and misspellings. If you have issues during this beta, please get MathBlade.

Performed 10 calls in 2 seconds. With an average of 0.2571 seconds per call.

Vote count won't come for another six hours or more after this one. Yay phone vote counts.

Edited only to fix vote count number as I can't count/didn't update the autocounter
Last edited by MathBlade on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:49 am

Post by Impede »

In post 201, UC Voyager wrote:lol. why did i think this said you were scum reading moz and Luca...... my bad. i miss read
All good lol. I definitely agree that confbias is a town move. Hence why I'm accusing my strongest town read of being guilty of it.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Impede »

Oh hell RVS is over. Need to remove this.
UNVOTE:
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Impede »

In post 203, Lucky2u wrote:
You can't prove it, thus you shouldn't act on it. For example, whats your scum case on me?

Doesn't matter, you don't have proof I'm not just bad town so you shouldn't scum read me.
I don't think that's what he was getting at. I think he was cautioning you from making a scum read on something that is heavily WIFOM-laden
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:59 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 207, Impede wrote:

I don't think that's what he was getting at. I think he was cautioning you from making a scum read on something that is heavily WIFOM-laden
I'm obviously taking it to the extreme but I don't feel my reason for voting comm was wifom at all
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 208, Lucky2u wrote:I'm obviously taking it to the extreme but I don't feel my reason for voting comm was wifom at all
How is it not? Scum!Comm could be trying to distract from actual scum and Town!Comm could be reaction fishing. Both of these are equally legitimate possibilities, esp since we were so close to RVS. Do you disagree?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 199, UC Voyager wrote:Luca has a really good play style. i have seen him figure out who the scum is several times. He takes a good approach to the game as well. What he is doing now isn confbias. if he was confbias, he would probably be on me right now.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73370
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73677
these are some examples of when i confbias. confbias generally doesn't happen til nylo or mylo.
@UCV
: Just to be super clear, I think we understand each other now more or less, but don't want you to think incorrectly. I was referring to Sesq with the confbias comment. In fact I don't think I've addressed Luca directly much at all. Also, what is "NYLO"? Typo?
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez »

NYLO I would presume means No-lynch and lose.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 211, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote:NYLO I would presume means No-lynch and lose.
Ah, so same as LYLO then.
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez »

Except NYLO isn't until the third day w/o votes, on which our votes will implode and kill us all.
LaserGuy
LaserGuy
Goon
LaserGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by LaserGuy »

In post 168, Luca Blight wrote:
@Laser:
why do I look scummy?
In this type of game, I feel it is very likely there is going to be a lot of SvS infighting early on. You and Lucky's interaction has this vibe to me... you start with a discussion about Comm's intentions, but very quickly Comm is sidelined out of the discussion without any really input from him and you proceed to tunnel each other for the next six pages. The fact that Comm actually commented on your discussion at #100 and neither of you either asked him a question or wanted him to weigh in seems to suggest that neither of you are really interested in Comm at all. This is particularly unsettling since as of #172 don't actually think Lucky is scum, in which case it's not clear to me why you've spent so much energy on this. I'm leaning SvS on this whole interaction.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

UNVOTE:

Impede's catch-up was pretty decent and I no longer want to lynch him today.

My preferred lynch today is UCV. I have experience with him and know his style well - this really feels like his scum game to me. I've been trying my best not to tunnel on him as I'm aware I have a tendancy to, but it really feels as if he's trying to buddy me to get me on his side so I won't go for him.

Spoiler: UCV's buddying
In post 141, UC Voyager wrote:im leaning Luca townie. . .depending on if he continues to post like he is.
In post 143, UC Voyager wrote:Luca doesn't ATE. I don't remember seeing ATE from him, and i doubt he is actually doing it. he has a solid game style. no need to change

are you sure you know what ATE is? IF not, it is appeal to emotion. Im sure you know this though
In post 152, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 151, Luca Blight wrote:Gut feeling on Impede and UCV being scum buddies....just putting it in here for reference.
you always have gut feeling i am scum though i can't blame you tbh. :lol: :P
In post 155, UC Voyager wrote:Luca has played with me in a few games

a mini normal where i was a town JailKeeper
In a newbie game (mandella effect) where i was Doctor
A newbie game (basketball) where i was scum and was the most obv scum and somehow won! that is why he has the right to scum read me based on gut. though im town here. : p
In post 199, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 196, Impede wrote:
In post 194, UC Voyager wrote:why would you ask someone to lynch you?

tbh, this looks like ATE to me. and the fact you were trying use ATE earlier disturbs me.
Because he's clearly not read my posts and is falling victim to conf bias. Don't like his playstyle at all. If I'm going to be on the receiving end of it all game for no reason then I'll either have to get used to ignoring it or end up dead. It's a waste because I feel relatively strongly that he's town and should be going after players presenting legitimate scumtells.
Luca has a really good play style. i have seen him figure out who the scum is several times. He takes a good approach to the game as well. What he is doing now isn confbias. if he was confbias, he would probably be on me right now.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73370
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=73677
these are some examples of when i confbias. confbias generally doesn't happen til nylo or mylo.

another thing
confbias is a town move
. If luca is confbiasing you, isn't your main scum read moz who also would be confbias you? Im still trying to figure out how it isn't
OMGUS

I find it very strange how you kept rather silent until this case formed on you, and you started to post again. It makes little to no since.

He has also made a lot of 'on the fence' comments, as is his style as scum:

Spoiler: UCV's fence-sitting
In post 129, UC Voyager wrote:I am all ready town reading Mozamis.
His posts seem to be coming from a townie point of view

I have a null read on Luca
i am familiar with his play, so i will be able to read him soon

i have a scum lean on archwing
I am less familiar with this player, but i don't know how trying to make RVS last longer helps town, so i am all ready not so sure about that slot
This one is too orderly - one townread, one null read and one scumread? Convenient.
In post 146, UC Voyager wrote:He didn't even seem to acknowledge it. Im not sure what to think of that.
In post 147, UC Voyager wrote:
In post 146, UC Voyager wrote:He didn't even seem to acknowledge it. Im not sure what to think of that.
I have seen town ignore cases on them, but i have also seen
A LOT
of times
In post 159, UC Voyager wrote:is implede's scum play a LURK!SCUM?

If so, i would totally vote for him. Im still trying to make reads, though it is early in the game
In post 174, UC Voyager wrote:I'm not liking how impede keeps saying he will post later, but I see where he is coming from. I have done that as town.
His ATE case made no since

VOTE: UCV

Everyone sheep me.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 214, LaserGuy wrote:
In post 168, Luca Blight wrote:
@Laser:
why do I look scummy?
In this type of game, I feel it is very likely there is going to be a lot of SvS infighting early on. You and Lucky's interaction has this vibe to me... you start with a discussion about Comm's intentions, but very quickly Comm is sidelined out of the discussion without any really input from him and you proceed to tunnel each other for the next six pages. The fact that Comm actually commented on your discussion at #100 and neither of you either asked him a question or wanted him to weigh in seems to suggest that neither of you are really interested in Comm at all. This is particularly unsettling since as of #172 don't actually think Lucky is scum, in which case it's not clear to me why you've spent so much energy on this. I'm leaning SvS on this whole interaction.
My problem was with Lucky's vote, not with Comm. You should read it again as you obviously misunderstood the point I was making.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

I am scummy for town reading you? damn, i guess im not allowed to townread people.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 217, UC Voyager wrote:I am scummy for town reading you? damn, i guess im not allowed to townread people.
That's misrepping what I said.

A lot of people have townread me this game yet you don't see me scumreading every one of them.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

So i just reread Impede's more recent post. I really miss read them which is very obv because i thought he said he was scum reading Luca and Moz, but they were not.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 218, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 217, UC Voyager wrote:I am scummy for town reading you? damn, i guess im not allowed to townread people.

A lot of people have townread me this game yet you don't see me scumreading every one of them.
so Why am i any different?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 220, UC Voyager wrote:

Because you're trying to buddy me and it feels fake.

If it's genuine then I apologise, but I can't shake this feeling that you're scum, and I don't think I'll be able to until you're dead.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 221, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 220, UC Voyager wrote:

Because you're trying to buddy me and it feels fake.

If it's genuine then I apologise, but I can't shake this feeling that you're scum, and I don't think I'll be able to until you're dead.
:(
if it changes anything, it is genuine. I also have learned that just because someone is siding with me, it doesn't mean they are the same alignment as me. I endorse that concept as town and scum because it is true and it will help you if you keep that mindset
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

This is a complete exaggeration of my point, as I already said.

My point was specific, you're trying to generalise it. In your specific case there was no reason to think Comm was lying other than pure guesswork, and given the fact that in RVS everyone fishes for reactions to some degree, the burden of proof is with you. If you have literally nothing (I'm not talking abut conclusive evidence, just something to back-up what you're saying) then I don't see how you can think anyone will be convinced by your argument.

Anyway, let's leave this here.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 90, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez wrote: TT | Ts
--------
Ts | ss
-snip-
This is a fallacious or at best meaningless application of statistics, as bad as saying "he can't be scum, he rolled scum the last two games!". I'm not sure whether you belive it yourself or not but I'm inclined to think so. I'm not entirely sure what that says about your alignment, if anything at all.
In post 102, mozamis wrote:he's gamesolving, argumentative, transparent and not doging the issue.
comm is town.
That's his personality you're seeing, not necessarily his alignment. Just because people were scumreading Comm for bad reasons doesn't mean townreading him for similarly bad reasons is a good idea either.
In post 106, mozamis wrote:zaraki is prob town as well, very gamesolvy and arguing the toss and being emotional
Are you calling gamesolving?
In post 111, mozamis wrote:
In post 70, CultOfAthena wrote:@cy
Why did you vote Comm in ?
nevr mind the questions, what are your reads, opinions, analysis?
LAMIST.
In post 114, MathBlade wrote:
MOD NOTESUC Voyager replaces lucca261. Please thank and welcome UC Voyager!.
*sigh*

Return to “Completed Open Games”