Mini 2247: Mountain Dew Mafia (Game Over)

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2055, Wisdom wrote:
In post 2051, Something_Smart wrote:It's quite unfortunate that two people I respect are disagreeing so heavily, but I'm going to have to favor the one who's probably going to be dead tomorrow.
This makes me think youre scum again
Youre better than thinking LLD will die or that you have to sheep her
Tbf she’s more likely to die than you are
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:47 am

Post by Wisdom »

She is, yes
That doesn't change the shallow way s_s is going about this and hes likely scum for it
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

True
LLD posted a very definite “these are my stances for if I die” post, I don’t think the mindset S_S is displaying makes full sense in light of that
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:50 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Wisdom wrote:
In post 2071, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:"basement bullshit scum", THATS WHY I'M HAPPY TO STAY THERE. It looks like scum that don't know how to get out of a hole they put themselves in.
What posts indicate this?
Ehh, I was exaggerating somewhat because Critter’s outright lies about my vote were driving me over the edge, but the general theme holds true. I’ll grab the posts in a bit, I have to eat some food and find my nicotine lozenges first. If you want to scan while I’m handling all that, the things to look for are desperation statements (recognizing a sense of futility) combined with incoherently changing reads and unbalanced player list engagement (e.g. more time spent on less immediately available players). Contrast against pre-LLD-push posting.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:54 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2077, Gamma Emerald wrote:LLD posted a very definite “these are my stances for if I die” post, I don’t think the mindset S_S is displaying makes full sense in light of that
I've been around long enough to see how much people respect the reads of the dead (unless they believe they were specifically killed for their reads). I would think that you have too.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:54 am

Post by Wisdom »

Im not very inclined to take you seriously because youre scumreading me and critter for playstyle things, so the immediate thing that makes sense to me is youre likewise disliking venus

If you point out something specific to me that has a clear scum motivation I'll listen though

@mush
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 2079, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2077, Gamma Emerald wrote:LLD posted a very definite “these are my stances for if I die” post, I don’t think the mindset S_S is displaying makes full sense in light of that
I've been around long enough to see how much people respect the reads of the dead (unless they believe they were specifically killed for their reads). I would think that you have too.
Okay when shes dead you can make that argument
Until then you have no excuse to avoid playing and just go "/sheep"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:00 am

I don't understand what you want me to do, then, because the alternative to sheeping her would be sheeping you.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Wisdom »

Youre telling me you cant play a mafia game without sheeping someone?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:03 am

I can, but it's generally a less effective way to play, so I try not to do it.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2072, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Moving SWIFTLY along, I hate Wisdom's play here and LLD, you gotta tell me why you're townreading this. It's just scum with a clear mind who doesn't like the bus from the POV of someone who also scumreads VFT.
In post 2073, Wisdom wrote:Because shes played with me before and you havent
This is basically it.

Wisdom is one of the most frustrating, egomaniacal players I have ever played with multiple times, mostly because he's a very good player and I respect him even when our styles differ so greatly.

Like we had a conversation last night that is about how things go. We talk past each other because we'd rather just do our own thing until the own thing plan doesn't work and we have to try and convince each other.

Wisdom's not 100% town here, but he's better than random to be and if he is I trust him to have good read development as the game goes on. Besides, I'm ALSO capable of being frustrating and egomaniacal so there's a bit of kinship there basically.

tl;dr Wisdom's good at this game and I'm willing to listen to him. If that means anything to you coming from me, that should answer most things. Beyond that, he's probably town here but it's nowhere near my top read.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:50 am

Post by Critter »

If I have to have Kyo Town
Mush + SS makes sense.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Critter »

In post 2077, Gamma Emerald wrote:True
LLD posted a very definite “these are my stances for if I die” post, I don’t think the mindset S_S is displaying makes full sense in light of that
Join me on SS? Wisdom and Gamma?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

pull in some of the vanity voters first imo
<Embrace The Void>

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Mush is town.

Gamma we are doing VFT, please don't sway on me.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

There is literally no motion at all anywhere
Vanity voters need to FUCKING CHECK THEMSELVES!
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

S_S, EMMI, Towelie:
please actually vote someone in your next post
<Embrace The Void>

Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Critter »

In post 2089, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Mush is town.

Gamma we are doing VFT, please don't sway on me.
In post 2090, Gamma Emerald wrote:There is literally no motion at all anywhere
Vanity voters need to FUCKING CHECK THEMSELVES!
I have checked myself.
I townread VFT and will hammer so we have an elim
EMMI and SS are both wagons I would do that are compromise.

So just waiting on people to respond.

Mush I waffle on town but the more he resists and then literally posts he’s sheeping LLD and then tries to say now it’s a genuine read is disgusting.

Skitter is one of the best scum on site. So yeah I don’t think this is their scum game at all.
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:55 am

Post by Critter »

She * damn it sorry
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:57 am

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

tumut
<Embrace The Void>

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Wisdom, I was going to grab your posts (belatedly), but I realized it might all be for naught if I have to destroy every scrap of good will offered to me out of pure spite, so we will see how this pans out first.

Critter, whenever I see my name in a post of yours that's longer than about five words, it takes any task I had in mind for the thread, plucks it out of my brain, and replaces it with spent nuclear fuel rods.

This is an ultimatum.

Do not spew your outright lies about me anymore this dayphase, or I will turn this into a petty, spite-driven 1v1 and derail the entire game onto you versus me until one of us is gone. I don't care how this affects your ability to sort me or talk about me or whatever the fuck. I do not care. You will stop, or I will drag this whole burning trainwreck into the swamps of madness. I am fully capable of doing it, and your consistent assertion of utter bullshit about me makes me petty enough to override the usual safeguards like "respect for others" and "enjoyment of a game".

There will not be a second chance, I will not reconsider. This is the line. I am drawing it. Do. Fucking. Not.

We clear?
Critter
Critter
Goon
Critter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by Critter »

Not lying. That’s how I see your posts. Will just not talk to you anymore since calling you scum ruins your fun.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Another FUCKING lie.

Scumreading me is fine, you aren't even the only one to do so, stop talking shit.

When you claim I am making shit up about my read on VFT when I could literally go into my ISO and pull the post I made when I went from "I don't like this but LLD said so" to "oh never mind this is scum"? That's a lie.

Critter, you know the difference between saying things as you see them and telling a lie? When you say things as you see them, you include room to be fucking wrong -- because you aren't omniscient and omnipresent. You don't know what I think in my fucking head. I certainly never thought "oh a scumread is unfun" -- saying I did is a lie, and your wording would make it a lie even if I did think that.

You wanna talk about me, you wanna scumread me even, what the fuck ever. But as soon as you start confidently saying I did things that I did not do or stating ANYTHING about my internal thoughts like you know a single goddamn thing that goes on in my head, you are crossing a line and you don't get to expect anything but anger.
Milk & Mocha
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Milk & Mocha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Milk & Mocha »

In post 2012, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:We're doing VFT today. At this point the positioning and posturing around the wagon will tell us more than anything else, and it has a decent shot of hitting scum.
I don't see how a VFT town flip gets us any closer to solving this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”