Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 10:09 am

Post by TheYankeeReaper »

In post 95, TheYankeeReaper wrote:
Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: ceejayinova
Yep. Needs more pressure votes.
skitter30 wrote:
In post 88, the worst wrote:I'm really not sure how to engage with you about your read on me skitter. you literally nitpicked a shitpost and said you're getting "scummy vibes" from me. :P
I don't know what the 'right' reaction would've been, but ignoring me calling you scummy and then voting me wasn't it.
This sounds incredibly ingenuine. Particularly this:
"but ignoring me calling you scummy"
Anybody else feel this way?

Will post more later. No time for love, Dr. Jones.
How exactly does your example for my 3 posts in the other game match the post I made here?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 10:19 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 161, Draynth wrote:I only gave the thread a quick skim on the first read through so I'm gonna go back and think about some posts now.

Only ones that really stand out are

Town - Skitter

Scum - UD , Sando (based on )
Um. What if UD and Sando really are ignorant of the fact that mafia can't kill? I glossed over those posts and thought them NAI, because they could go either way.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 10:37 am

Post by the worst »

In post 250, TheYankeeReaper wrote:
In post 95, TheYankeeReaper wrote:
Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: ceejayinova
Yep. Needs more pressure votes.
skitter30 wrote:
In post 88, the worst wrote:I'm really not sure how to engage with you about your read on me skitter. you literally nitpicked a shitpost and said you're getting "scummy vibes" from me. :P
I don't know what the 'right' reaction would've been, but ignoring me calling you scummy and then voting me wasn't it.
This sounds incredibly ingenuine. Particularly this:
"but ignoring me calling you scummy"
Anybody else feel this way?

Will post more later. No time for love, Dr. Jones.
How exactly does your example for my 3 posts in the other game match the post I made here?
Where are you going with this?
This line of enquiry is boring as hell and I can't see any value in it. let's cut to the chase.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Sando »

In post 251, ceejayvinoya wrote:Um. What if UD and Sando really are ignorant of the fact that mafia can't kill? I glossed over those posts and thought them NAI, because they could go either way.
Neither of us were ignorant of it, we both assumed it due to the role PMs not mentioning it, and we both missed the actual statement in the mechanics part that is totally clear.
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 10:48 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

True or false? The only time you would possibly read the mafia role PM and not the Werewolf PM is if you rolled Mafia.
In this world, there's two types of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 11:14 am

Post by the worst »

+1 I try and not read anything except my alignment unless I have like...responsibilities.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 11:25 am

Post by Sando »

In post 254, ManWithNoName wrote:True or false? The only time you would possibly read the mafia role PM and not the Werewolf PM is if you rolled Mafia.
True. I guess given your vote I can now assume you're actually talking scuminess and you've decided to step up to the plate?

So my assumption that mafia do not have an NK was based on reading their role PM and not seeing the NK, AND reading the werewolf one and seeing it mentioned. What about that says to you that I only read one of the role PMs?
TheYankeeReaper
TheYankeeReaper
Townie
TheYankeeReaper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 11:58 am

theworst, if you had to pick a scum partner(s) for Espeonage who would it be.
AP
AP
Mafia Scum
AP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by AP »

In post 248, TheYankeeReaper wrote:
In post 228, AP wrote:OK, serious read.. duckling is town

So far I've pegged 3 townies with some degree of confidence: Pintu, MWNN & tw

Next..
Can you tell the rest of the class why you're reading those three town?
I have my reasoning in a zip file. Let me unzip and get back to you.
YEAH BABY YEAH!
Oh, behave :]
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 255, the worst wrote:+1 I try and not read anything except my alignment unless I have like...responsibilities.
Duckling should be aware that I read all the role PMs based on prior gameplay with me that I know he's seen :wink: The conclusive statement that mafia don't have a NK is not in the role PMs, it's in the opening mechanics post, which I didn't read thoroughly enough evidently.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 258, AP wrote:
In post 248, TheYankeeReaper wrote:

So far I've pegged 3 townies with some degree of confidence: Pintu, MWNN & tw

Next..
Can you tell the rest of the class why you're reading those three town?
I have my reasoning in a zip file. Let me unzip and get back to you.
I'm putting AP as town for today, but I disagree with his blanket townreads on MWNN and tw, duckling especially.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 257, TheYankeeReaper wrote:theworst, if you had to pick a scum partner(s) for Espeonage who would it be.
your mother

you're a comedian
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by ManWithNoName »

In post 256, Sando wrote:
In post 254, ManWithNoName wrote:True or false? The only time you would possibly read the mafia role PM and not the Werewolf PM is if you rolled Mafia.
True. I guess given your vote I can now assume you're actually talking scuminess and you've decided to step up to the plate?

So my assumption that mafia do not have an NK was based on reading their role PM and not seeing the NK, AND reading the werewolf one and seeing it mentioned. What about that says to you that I only read one of the role PMs?
Why was there any confusion then? Like any did you need to ask the question?
In this world, there's two types of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 262, ManWithNoName wrote:Why was there any confusion then? Like any did you need to ask the question?
So what I'm taking out of this is you're running a line of questioning here without actually reading the thread, correct?

Here's what happened:
UD asks whether we've got confirmation mafia have no kill or if we're all just assuming it
Sando says "well I assumed it cause mafia role PM doesn't have it, but werewolf does"
Draynth then says "you guys are idiots, it's written really clearly"
Sando acknowledges his stupidity

That's what you're pushing against here... I never asked a question throughout, so I don't know what you're on about there.
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by ManWithNoName »

And at what point have I not been up at the plate? Did you not understand that when I was asking questions before the purpose is to sort people with information? You might not understand my methods, but they have worked pretty reliably, so I'll stick to them.
TheYankeeReaper
TheYankeeReaper
Townie
TheYankeeReaper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 12:31 pm

In post 261, the worst wrote:
In post 257, TheYankeeReaper wrote:theworst, if you had to pick a scum partner(s) for Espeonage who would it be.
your mother

you're a comedian
The non-chalant townie front that you're trying to put up isn't going to make me want to unvote you. Sorry.

Espeonage bussing you that early is a real humdinger, pardner.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 213, the worst wrote:
In post 205, skitter30 wrote:I haven't played with scum!tw yet but he doesn't really feel like the town!tw I've played with previously to me right now.

Like I'm having a lot of trouble seeing his vote on me come from town!him given past games.

I feel like in general he's trying to gloss over being scumread or is trying to play down people scumreading him.
ok how does town!tw respond to people scumreading him for awful reasons on d1?

I'll wait.
Idk exactly. I'd have expected town!you to talk to me about it, or joke/meme/mock me for reading you wrong. Completely ignoring it only to vote me once someone else does without addressing the initial scumread in any way feels wrong.

--
In post 224, the worst wrote:I don't feel like this is an actual feeling she actually has.
You do realize you're using my reasons to scumread you as reasons to scumread me, right?

--
In post 226, the worst wrote:first and foremost: does anyone actually think it was dumb of me to miss that Espe's post here was meant to be sarcastic?
it genuinely felt like good ol' fashioned scumfuckery.
So, drunk!you thought that NM had successfully tricked scum!esp into hopping on a fake scumslip?

Why is this scum!indicative of esp and not just lazy!indicative of esp? Like I don't get why you think this is scummy and not just lazy.
In post 230, the worst wrote:2) his vote was serious in which case I can't see town motivation in it.
He said his vote was serious cuz he was too lazy to go back and check. I agree that there isn't town motivation in that, but lack of town!motivation != scum!motivation. Like I just think it's a lazy indicator and not an alignment indicator and I'm not getting where you're seeing scum motivation.

--
Why town!duckling?

also @mwnm since you said you had mixed up the duckling's meta and agreed with this.

bottom of page 10, I'll pick up from there in a bit
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

wrt the 'sando/ud scum-not-killing' thing:

=> In general I don't really care if people try to get clarification about the setup or think it's AI, but ud's original post kinda pinged me since we just played a game where scum!him would deliberately invoke the setup and his 'lack' of knowledge of it in an attempt to indicate that he was town.

=> I don't think that knowing that scum don't nk in this setup without seeing it explicitly written out in the OP is particularly meaningful -> like I know that from playing a previous iteration of this game and without reading this OP. Sando coming to that conclusion from reading the role PMs, and I don't find unusual.

=> I do find it weird that sando is defending/speaking for ud and is saying things like 'we both ...' ( and )

=> sando's feels like an overaction to me to mwnn's statement

=> I don't understand the argument btwn sando and mwnn regarding whether ww's are given the title of 'scum' or how this discussion is like relevant or game advancing.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

your mother

you're a comedian
:igmeou:
pinturicchio
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
pinturicchio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by pinturicchio »

Ok I'm back. I have an experiment: if you're town, reply saying "I'm town". If you're not town, say "I'm not town". This is a bit risky but it could work
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 267, skitter30 wrote:=> I do find it weird that sando is defending/speaking for ud and is saying things like 'we both ...' (162 and 253)
I'm not defending UD, I'm attacking MWNN's defective line of questioning. He's running a line without taking the time to understand the context or even read what happened. Town have no motivation to do that, so it's either lazy town play or it's scum-play. He's also making a habit of asking questions that are clearly designed to scumhunt someone (me in this case) yet are followed by a swift retreat when the reasoning behind them is questioned:

Spoiler:
In post 164, ManWithNoName wrote:You could be different factional scum.

I doubt it but it's possible
Seems reasonable, except:
In post 169, Sando wrote:So you're saying one of us might be scum pretending not to know that we don't have NK, and the other person might be a werewolf who does have an NK, also pretending they don't know scum don't have an NK...

Also we both did it by assuming that scum don't have an NK and missed the statement in the mechanics part.
It just makes no sense.
In post 170, ManWithNoName wrote:How have you determined that the Werewolves are not scum, Sando?

Scum is anyone anti-town in my book.
MWNN then ignores the logical fallacy that I'm pointing out and narrows in on the word "scum".
In post 172, Sando wrote:But honestly, what do you hope to achieve with this line of questioning? You think wolves are going to be parochial about their alignment and deny their "scumminess" or something?
I ask again, what does he actually think about this is scummy, what's the scum motivation?
In post 177, ManWithNoName wrote:This just all went over my head. I'm going to stop talking to you now, this conversation is boring and confusing after I asked you to explain one use of a term.

I don't think it's a gambit to have anyone pretend not to know that they have no factional kill, I was just pointing out your flaw with the reasoning that "two scum wouldn't both do the same thing" is that there are two scum factions who may independently decide to do the same thing. That's it.

Please just speak like a normal human being from now on rather than someone who swallowed a goddamned dictionary and is trying to show off.
He backs way the hell back from the line of questioning and any suggestion of scum motivation. Also no-one pretended not to know about the factional kills, so him saying this tells me he hasn't actually read the interaction between me and UD that is the basis for all of this.
In post 182, Sando wrote:Ok, so we're not talking scuminess? Cause I took your questioning to be "this could be scum I caught over 'ere", or am I wrong there?
I pursue, cause I want him to explicitly state whether the line of questioning is scumhunting or just clarification.
In post 183, ManWithNoName wrote:I was not implying scumminess, I was asking for clarification.
Again, backs way the hell away from implying scumminess. He then votes me with no further reasoning a few ISO posts later.

There is a clear pattern here, ask a vague leading question that implies scumminess, when challenged on that, obfuscate and back away whilst denying they were ever actually trying to imply scumminess.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

I think Sando is on to something here.

VOTE: MWNN
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 265, TheYankeeReaper wrote:
your mother

you're a comedian
The non-chalant townie front that you're trying to put up isn't going to make me want to unvote you. Sorry.

Espeonage
bussing
you that early is a real humdinger, pardner.
Are you saying that the worst and Espeonage are scum together?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 253, Sando wrote:
In post 251, ceejayvinoya wrote:Um. What if UD and Sando really are ignorant of the fact that mafia can't kill? I glossed over those posts and thought them NAI, because they could go either way.
Neither of us were ignorant of it,
we both assumed it due to the role PMs not mentioning it, and we both missed the actual statement in the mechanics part that is totally clear.
I guess my specific problem with this is that you're saying 'we both assumed it due to the role PMs not mentioning it', when UD hasn't said anything of the sort so like .... how do you know that's what he assumed? Like why are you explaining his thought process for him?

--
In post 270, Sando wrote:There is a clear pattern here, ask a vague leading question that implies scumminess, when challenged on that, obfuscate and back away whilst denying they were ever actually trying to imply scumminess.
In post 270, Sando wrote:so it's either lazy town play or it's scum-play.
Which is it?

--

what's your read on me btw?

--

sando and mwnn not scum together I think?

--

(aside, nice use of 'parochial' :))
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 273, skitter30 wrote:Which is it?
I'm a) leaning 60/40 badtown/scum, and b) typically have atrocious D1 scumreads (my townreads are pretty good though). Only scum are
motivated
to act in the way he has, but I'd say it's fairly good scumplay and quite a subtle art, so it's more likely to be a townie being silly imo. Then again never played with him, there's certainly people I'd 100% think this was scum from, but I don't know his play at all so I can't judge it very well yet.
In post 273, skitter30 wrote:what's your read on me btw?
Slight town-lean, not today's lynch. I'm curious about your style and have thoughts on it, but I'd like to see how it evolves (or remains unchanged) over the course of a day or two before making a judgement there.
In post 273, skitter30 wrote:(aside, nice use of 'parochial' )
Glad someone appreciated it :giggle: :giggle:

Return to “Completed Open Games”