mikanoff
mikanoff
Goon
mikanoff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:47 am

Post by mikanoff »

I think there're 4 pro-mafia players. either 3 or 4, but not 2. If you lynch me, tomorrow you will be 4 vs 5, or 3 vs 6, but I think probably 4 vs 5. Be careful, friends... be careful...
Nuevo foro de mafia en castellano.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/
Bienvenidos seáis! ;-)
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:50 am

Post by Patrick »

There are 10 alive now. If we lynch you that leaves 9, then someone gets nightkilled, that leaves 8 tomorrow. So it could never be 4 v 5 or 6 v 3. I doubt very much it's a 4 person mafia, then the result of the game would have been a foregone conclusion.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Brutal Assassin
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:16 pm

Post by Brutal Assassin »

I think there're 4 pro-mafia players. either 3 or 4, but not 2. If you lynch me, tomorrow you will be 4 vs 5, or 3 vs 6, but I think probably 4 vs 5. Be careful, friends... be careful...
Any indecision I had about lynching a bad townie/potential scum is gone in that post.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:21 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Why? I think he is just bad at math and trying to save him miserable life.
Brutal Assassin
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Brutal Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:37 pm

Post by Brutal Assassin »

Because it is sheer idocy? :/
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:35 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I think the worst thing about this game for townies isn't the speed of the deadlines, it's more the uncertainty. For e.g., we might just vote somebody to put pressure on him and to see his reactions, aka not because we're relatively sure he's scummy. And the day ends... everyone gets a shock because we didn't mean to lynch him. I believe this is what happened on D1.

I agree that we probably have 2 or 3 scum at the most. And I'd rather lynch Mikanoff now in case he does something stupid when they're fewer people left. (case in point: he's lousy maths). Even if he's town, a townie who keeps misleading others isn't much use.

Mod, can you please prod some of the people who have't said anything for a while (lordy/joker)?
Blank.
Joker
Joker
Goon
Joker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:17 pm

Post by Joker »

spectrumvoid wrote:Mod, can you please prod some of the people who have't said anything for a while (lordy/joker)?
Yeah, in my case, THIS MORNING was soooooooo long ago... you're right, I should be prodded.

HEY JOKER WAKE UP YOU HUNG-OVER LUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, oh, errr, ya??? Huh? Wha?

Maybe I should vote spectrumvoid for not paying attention.
sprontalic
sprontalic
Goon
sprontalic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:15 pm

Post by sprontalic »

I don't think there are 4 scums...that I think heavily favours scum by default. I think most probably 3 and unlikely to be 2 (imo 2 would make it way to easy for town.)

I'm not sure the deadline has been too big an issue. For day 1 we certainly ran out of time and I don't doubt that the EoM bandwagon might have been abandoned if the day was to continue or not, but today I think most doubt has been cast on Mikanoff. I think our suspicions on him are fairly solid. This is clear from the amount of votes of him and the fact that we're constantly second guessing ourselves but not doing anything anymore. And to be honest I think the more posts he makes now, the more scummy he looks.

I think we should lynch him today or not at all. I think if we lynch him how he turned out will shed a lot of light in terms of information since we'll have a whole day's discussion that's based around him (unlike day 1 where it's all over the place.)
wolfsbane wrote:I think we are being lead into the easiest lynch, just like yesterday.
two things with that
1) I don't think EoM's lynch was led to...I think that it was entirely unintentional. The votes on him I believe were there to suck him out and make him talk (which he didn't end up doing.) It's unfortunate that a town power role was lynched but that was simply due to the deadline coming at a bad time. No one planned for him to be lynched.
2) Just because someone's an easy target doesn't rule them out as scum. If someone does something very scummy (Mik really fits the bill here) he should be lynched.
Romanus wrote:I do think that Mik's wagon is growing cold. If this were a normal game this wouldn't happen. As soon as he got a majority he would have been lynched.
I agree. I think Mik's a given lynch now though so we should use the remaining time we have to look for other clues. I'm not sure continually second guessing ourselves will do much good. Maybe we can do it if we have two major suspects, but not when we don't have anything else or else we'll get another day 1 accidental lynch again.

Post 334: That's true. Although then we'd have to look very carefully at vote patterns because I suspect scum will try and subtly leave a protown player in the majority at all times.
mikanoff
mikanoff
Goon
mikanoff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:21 pm

Post by mikanoff »

in other games where I have played, when an innocent was lynched, people who voted him had to give explications and they was the principals suspicious the next day. In this game, people who voted EOM continue gaming quietly... and lynching others players... it's bizarre :S

And you are very very very sure I'm scummy lol lol lol
Bienvenidos seáis! ;-)
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:24 pm

Post by Patrick »

Because as was said before, ppl who voted eye of mordor weren't doing it necessarily with the idea of lynching him, just to get him to talk. He didn't do this, and the deadline hammered him.
Should we be replacing lordy? I've seen him post in at least one other game but he seems to have forgotten about this one.
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:23 am

Post by Arafax »

lordy has been prodded.
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:22 am

Post by Patrick »

Well we seem to have a longer day today so we might as well make use of the time.
Question for mike - can you link me to a site where you've played mafia games?
What does everyone else think we should do? Maybe we should talk about who we find suspicious and why (other than mike).
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:03 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Joker: I did say lordy/joker. Because I couldn't remember exactly who it was. Nothing else to add as usual simply because I have no other input than what I've already said. Mikanoff = scum, I don't know who else.
Blank.
lordy
lordy
Goon
lordy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:41 am

Post by lordy »

Well Im very sorry guys. This weekend my online was very limited due to a upcoming campfire performance, and thus I was unable to read and post much over the weekends. The problem with me is that I just cant come in and make one lines statements in hope that before I sleep I get responses, because due to my timezone, the way I play it is that I read after all of you guys has posted on that day, then I comment and see if I'm able to spot out anything.Im back, until the 2nd of August, where I'll be in japan for a boys scout jamboree until the 9th of August, when you guys will decide whether I would be replaced. I would dearly love to stay on and contribute to the town, but it's up to you guys to decide. I will try to give my 100% for this game, and prove my worth so that you guys will consider keeping me, but ultimately you decide.

After my re-read.
The two I suspect thus far:

mikanoff- Seems like a very frustrated noob, but I'm finding his playstyle impossible. I think the problem is that he could be another person with a power role with some advanatges, as I think no body would be this willing to be cast into the town's spotlight as a stupid person and gartner enough votes to be lynch in a normal game, yet does nothing about it except for warning for the town to regret after his death scene, in what I think would be a attempt to appeal to our emotions. The question for the town is now, would we rather keep a stupid townie, or to go on looking for more suspisious people like BA? I think no body has played with such a bad townie before, thats why I'm partly suspisious that this is a ruse to shield other scum members from public scrutiny. Im not sure about his attacks on Patrick though, and I think the town needs to keep a eye on Patrick in case Mike turns up scum, as they could be just scum accusing each other.

BA: Not the most scummy looking player right now, but since he is the one with the second most votes I think he should be suspected also, however I dont quite agree, or I cant get what are they argueing about. As far as I could give a read on it, it's mostly a matter of nitpicking and equally unimpressive defences. As such, I think mikanoff is the play for today, however I doubt that there is much valid suspisions going around here. The problem is that the town is striped of one of our most important investigative roles, and thus we have to rely on suspision alone unless someone here has a role that is investigative. I look upon today as the lynch of mikanoff, and only so, because much of the bickering going on does not go register as major scum tells to me, and since we are all new to the forums I doubt any of us has establish a playstyle. As such, I doubt the lynch of mikanoff will do us much good, due to the fact that we will still be stuck with the same situations tomorrow, and if mike turns up scum theres probably going to be much WIFOM involved, which is not healthy for the town. But although its the only good lead the town has now, I'm not going to vote Mikanoff, because just in case Mikanoff is able to come up with a reasonable defence(aka one that does not involve finger pointing without reasons and trying to make the town anticipate the regret of losing a self-termed townie), I can not switch my vote fast enough to respond quickly to any new revelations in the game, so I'll keep my vote for now, since if the deadline strikes anytime soon Mike is getting lynched, and I do not see the point of a unnessescary extra vote.
\back after months away from the game.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:53 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:
spectrumvoid wrote:Mod, can you please prod some of the people who have't said anything for a while (lordy/joker)?
Yeah, in my case, THIS MORNING was soooooooo long ago... you're right, I should be prodded.

HEY JOKER WAKE UP YOU HUNG-OVER LUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, oh, errr, ya??? Huh? Wha?

Maybe I should vote spectrumvoid for not paying attention.
Joker, it's very nice to know you're not dead, but most of your posts look like this; They prove that you are watching the game, but don't help the town in any way.

Please, think before you post. (And post often and about things that matter to the town.)

And what's this about Spectrumvoid? You're going to OMGUS her because she sort-of-came-close-to-calling-you-a-lurker?

Isn't it a little late in the game to be so frivolous with your posts?

I know Mik should die, but I am so annoyed at your scummyness and unhelpfulness I'm going to
Unvote: Mikanoff
and
Vote: Joker
, for your completely annoying, insulting, unhelpful, and scummy post.

(And your lack of helpfulness over all.)
wolfsbane
wolfsbane
Goon
wolfsbane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:53 am

Post by wolfsbane »

Cancel my other list of suspicions. I looked back through the thread with a focus on lordy. He has rarely voted. There is one vote that seems to stick out. On day one Joker and lordy each placed a vote on sprontalic which pushed him up to 4 votes. Before that Joker was in a two way tie and there was no firm bandwagon established. Once the focus shifted to EoM then everything settles down.
I think we should be looking at lordy and Joker. No I'm not trying to save mikanoff, he is looking worse with each post. It might be worth trying to put some pressure on lordy instead of sitting here waiting for the deadline.

Unvote, Vote: lordy
mikanoff
mikanoff
Goon
mikanoff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:58 am

Post by mikanoff »

No Lordy, I haven't special abilities, I am a townie, simple townie :)
Bienvenidos seáis! ;-)
wolfsbane
wolfsbane
Goon
wolfsbane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:06 am

Post by wolfsbane »

Whoa, I didn't see lordy's post before I posted mine...he's still not voting, doesn't have any concrete suspicions.... hmm.

However, Joker was my other suspect and has a vote now, so....

Unvote, Vote: Joker
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:09 am

Post by Romanus »

I have to agree with the Joker/Lordy thing. I don't quite feel the connection, but there is something scummy going on. Lordy's votes have been strange to say the least, and Joker is very hesitant to get onto anyone's radar. Lordy doesn't seem to care about jumping out there. Anyway, I think pressure would be more beneficial if placed on Joker. Haven't recieved much info from him the whole game. Let's turn up the fire and see what happens.

unovte; VOTE: Joker
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Joker
Joker
Goon
Joker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:13 am

Post by Joker »

Rathyr wrote:Joker, it's very nice to know you're not dead, but
most of your posts look like this
; They prove that you are watching the game, but don't help the town in any way.

Please, think before you post. (And post often and about things that matter to the town.)
Lies.

unvote, vote: Rathyr
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:14 am

Post by Rathyr »

OK. You are all right about reviewing other suspects to use the rest of day two. I will now list my top suspects and give reasons why. I admit I have been holding back a bit for fear of being nightkilled if the day were to end suddenly, but it's time for us to all come out with our suspicions, and quickly, before the night comes.

Also, if I die, I hope the town will look over this post and think about these suspects, because I won't be able to help anymore. Obviously.

OK. Here we go:

Mikanoff: I am very worried about him. He could very well kill this game for us. He is either a really bad townie, a really bad scum, or perhaps,
a traitor.
All of which are bad. I still want him to be lynched, I am simply voting Joker to put pressure on him and to get him to post more.

Joker: Completely unhelpful (Except when agreeing with other people's ideas. :roll: ) lurky (He insults anyone who mentions his lurkiness.). These are the signs of scum. He is definitely on my list of possible lynchees. Think about him. I urge you all to turn your attention to him, and read his posts, and think about if he is really as townyish as he would like us to think.

Romanus: Yes, Romanus. I didn't mention it on day one (I wanted to wait until the "board" had cleared a bit.) I didn't mention at the beginning of day two (Because of Mikanoff.), but since early day one, I have gotten a bad feeling about Romanus. His signature proves this. :) Don't you all just love how he seems to "learn" what is scummyish and what isn't as he goes along and we tell him? Read the beginning of day one again; see how quickly he drops the no lynch idea, unlike BA and Sprontalic? See how nicely he goes with the flow? Now, look at where he argues with Patrick. I won't go into it in detail here, but read the arguments. I personally agree with everything Patrick says. Take heed, my fellows. Do not kill him today, but watch this Romanus, this devious shape changer.

Now, the FoSs:

Lordy: Too lurky, I vote to replace him. Now.

Wolfsbane: Still seems to be a "wolfkiller', but it may be part of a devious act. I am watching you.
Joker
Joker
Goon
Joker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:17 am

Post by Joker »

Note wolfsbane and Romanus as well.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:23 am

Post by Rathyr »

(P.S. In the event of my death, think of my above post as my will.)
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:24 am

Post by Romanus »

I am going to deliberately avoid answering Rathyr now. I don't think he was asking for a defense, and if anyone wants one, I will provide it. However, I do not wish to fill this space with my defense, but rather with this: [quote="Joker"]Lies.

unvote, vote: Rathyr[/unquote]

What is that? Guys, can we avoid voting for the guy who is accusing you. It looks really, really, I mean, really bad. Maybe OMGUS is overused or something, but that is all this is. Also it is attack the person rather than the accusations. Defend yourself, don't put it on someone else. Deflection is a tool of scum.
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:25 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:Note wolfsbane and Romanus as well.
Excuse me? What do you mean? Is this some sort of communication telling Scum-buddies Wolfsbane and Romanus to beware of my post/kill me/vote me/(insert other nasty fate), or am I just too paranoid?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”