New York 196: My Game, My Flavor Mafia (Mafia Win)

Boem_u_dusi
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Boem_u_dusi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:50 am

Post by Boem_u_dusi »

Transcend is like a broken record, he likes repeating same stuff all over again.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:54 am

Post by Transcend »

fuck off
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:11 am

Post by shannon »

PEdit: What's with the swears Transcend? That was a bit rude, it's only a game.

Read List; there's no hierarchy within each category, I just wrote in whatever order. (i.e. top of town list is not necessarily the most towny, I don't have enough of a view yet to give that kind of detail). If I missed someone please let me know. Spoilered because it's a massive wall.

Spoiler:
TOWNIER

Titus - 93, 112, stuff with Wake

Wake - big read list, stuff with Titus (looks town-town to me at this point)

Mirhawk - only content is against Performer, like that he's sticking with a wagon in the face of others objections, independent thinking looks town to me

Transcend - comments on Performer's vote for no-lynch, then gets on Boem and sticks with it.

Implosion - his points to Boem about the 'warning', in particular, seem towny to me

Performer - I didn't like the 'no vote' vote but he looks towny in general. Realised in ISOing him that he asked me for a link to my games and I didn't get to post it, whoops!

NULL

For not enough info to make a judgment - Nosferatu Varsoon AGar Sick Airick Peregrine

For mixed reads -

Lapsa - not much to go on, I think the accusation that Wake's post is 'flirting with him' is a bit off base

Boem - seems to be both engaged and relatively thorough, but the fact that Implosion had to tell him off about the 'warning' thing made me think twice

Dunnstral - changes votes a lot with little explanation, I would like more explanation. I like 266 and on against Zach but it could be conf bias on my part

SCUMMIER

Almost50 - 113 is an over explanation of strategy and reasons for not using it this game, which could be prepping for a move later on.

Podoboq - 103 ' my reads kind of suck' sounds like scum laying the groundwork for not scumreading their buddies if caught. In 249 it seems like he's had 2 really good games and one bad one, so I think he's cleverer than he's trying to let on

Zach - I've already hashed this out elsewhere
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:12 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 377, shannon wrote:PEdit: What's with the swears Transcend? That was a bit rude, it's only a game.
i swear a lot, but if it bothers you i'll try and cut it down
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:14 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Hello hello good morning folks have a VC

vc 1.05
Wake88 (1):
AGar
Zachstralkita (4):
shannon, Nosferatu, Titus, Performer
Sickofit1138 (5):
PeregrineV, Boem_u_dusi, Mirhawk, podoboq, Dunnstral
Mirhawk (1):
Sickofit1138
Boem_u_dusi (2):
Transcend, implosion
Dunnstral (2):
Almost50, Zachstralkita

Not Voting:
Airick10, Wake88, Varsoon, Lapsa

With
votes,
to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2016-07-05 23:38:55)

Airick10 is
V/LA
until
6/27
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:16 am

Post by Transcend »

i honestly don't agree with a single read shannon has

but she's probably town for those awful reads lmfao
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:26 am

Post by shannon »

In post 229, Performer wrote:Checked out rest of shann's ISO, placing her into null now. I see why she voted Zach though, as I went through a game with Firebringer that had noisemakers who caused a ton of chaos. Town ended up losing that game, and it was a shameful one.
At the same time, I think a wagon earlier than later, is more productive than sitting around doing guessing games. Taking a page from Thor's book.

Based on podo's ISO alone, I'm putting that slot into my scumreads at the moment.
I freely admit I'm having trouble keeping up with all the players here, there's bound to be a few wrong! Which ones do you think are 'wrongest'?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:32 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 377, shannon wrote:Podoboq - 103 ' my reads kind of suck' sounds like scum laying the groundwork for not scumreading their buddies if caught. In 249 it seems like he's had 2 really good games and one bad one, so I think he's cleverer than he's trying to let on
Both of my town games, my reads were terrible. I caught one person between them. My scum game was fantastic, but it's also a weird variant of the game that I've played a whole ton of in person, and I had the benefit of being the only player with 100% knowledge of player's allignments going into the game.

Please read my other games, my reads do kind of suck. I think a lot of my problem comes from confirmation bias, so I was trying to not get too involved early so that I could wait until people had a bulk of posts before trying to form an opinion.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 381, shannon wrote:
In post 229, Performer wrote:Checked out rest of shann's ISO, placing her into null now. I see why she voted Zach though, as I went through a game with Firebringer that had noisemakers who caused a ton of chaos. Town ended up losing that game, and it was a shameful one.
At the same time, I think a wagon earlier than later, is more productive than sitting around doing guessing games. Taking a page from Thor's book.

Based on podo's ISO alone, I'm putting that slot into my scumreads at the moment.
I freely admit I'm having trouble keeping up with all the players here, there's bound to be a few wrong! Which ones do you think are 'wrongest'?
if that was directed to me, i think your scumreads on zach and podo are really bad. not really sure what the above quote had to do with anything.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:38 am

Post by podoboq »

Also, @shannon, I actually like most of your reads. A few of them I disagree with, but nothing stands out to me as flagrantly wrong. I think your read on me makes sense from a player who wasn't involved in my town games. Surviving a long time doesn't necessarily mean I was good. It just means I wasn't scummy enough to get lynched, but I also wasn't good enough town to be a liability to scum.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:40 am

Post by Transcend »

wake and mirhawk shouldn't be top tier either imo.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Performer »

In post 253, Mirhawk wrote:@performer btw
@Mir one like Transcend's.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:43 am

Post by Performer »

Ok. This is going to sound crazy but I want to point out 2 people in here who I want to limit any serious interaction with on d1 at least, because I'm afraid for their safety. I don't want to paint targets on their backs , as I have a huge bias toward specific people and may accidentally draw too much attention to them.

Person X: I played with you when I was Town Mailman and you were in a hydra. We were both town.
We were also VTs in the 14-man large normal, which had 1-shot Bp Doc and Bp Bg.
Time and time again, you can read me well.

Person Y: We played in the Mini Normal where you survived as PR the entire game - impressive. You read me well and defended me throughout the game, which made a further impression on me. I was constantly in this back-and-forth with another Townie. We were both town. In this game , there was a 2-man scum team with 1 Mafia Traitor. I think this game was back in Nov 2015.

You guys know who you are. Anyway, back to rest of the game! :)
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:53 am

Post by Performer »

In post 300, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 178, Nosferatu wrote:I get such bad vibez from implosion man

am I going crazy or something

No, the bad vibes are there.
No. Stop it.
In post 279, podoboq wrote:
In post 269, Zachstralkita wrote:Except I do, shannon pretty much slipped and kase klosed.
Spoiler: the thing zach is calling a scumslip
In post 205, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 175, shannon wrote:
In post 154, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 153, Dunnstral wrote:Ok Sickofit1138 and Zachstralkita both mafia
HEARD HE BE SNITCHING, WELL LET ME FIND OUT HE POINTING FINGERS I BRING HIS HAND BACK PROMO VAN BLAM THAT WHOLE FUCKING FAM WHACKED, WIFEY DUCT TAPED SARAN WRAPPED AND AMTRAK'D

This is going to get really annoying if we have to deal with it all game. I don't know how many townies there are here, but can we afford to lose one if it helps the sanity of the rest of us?

shannon wrote:
In post 176, Dunnstral wrote:Zachstral shannon maf team
If I was a mafia team with him I'd have replaced out by now, I can only imagine how annoying mafia chat must be
scumslip

I read shannon's post as "I want to policy lynch Zach." I don't agree with doing that, but I don't think it's a scumslip. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that you're hearing "Zach's town, but can we kill him anyway," and I think it's, "I don't care if he's scum or town."

In my experience, scumslips are more overt than this.
I think that's what shannon's post was as well, to Zach. I really don't see how Zach keeps scumreadnig shanna for this.
In post 288, Lapsa wrote:
titanic
mirhawk seems scum
How did you arrive at this?
In post 295, implosion wrote:I also need to figure out a way to sort Nos; in the game performer mentioned he was a scumread of mine who scum killed n1 and iirc part of it was lack of content. But I'm actually a little skeptical of both of those two right now. Performer is (at least not yet) giving me the same :townvibes: from that game. Though there was the NL vote which is still a bit town but not strongly. W/e I guess I probably shouldn't worry too much about him if he's town he'll make it apparent to me. But Nos is worrisome.
Honestly I forget who you are. I have never played with you .
In post 299, Almost50 wrote:
In post 207, Performer wrote:...............I would think it'd be harder to win after you fake claim, then hard claim on day 1. I believe Aeronaut hosted a game this year where PRs outed themselves early on . Scum won that game.
I don't wish to distract or interrupt the game here, so here's the story of THAT game if you're interested:

Spoiler:
I was a BodyGuard, and we had 12 possible setups. I claimed something else to trick the scum into outing themselves by claiming that role didn't exist in that game (due to them knowing their own roles). Due to my own role I knew we only had 3 possible setups. Long story short, I did figure out the exact setup through my play, but the TOWN gave in to SCUM!Ranger rather than listen to me. It was hard to face both Ranger and Titus (albeit Titus was in a hydra) as scum, but my point stands: I tend to do "what appears to be illogical" moves at times, but I do have a very good logical reason behind them that is not (and should not be) apparent to everyone else.
:lol: Ranger & Titus as scum, I see. Ranger iirc, can get quite... hostile. Titus from what I heard, is very calculating and tends not to bus her buddies, though I've never in my life played with her .
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:59 am

Post by implosion »

Performer wrote:Honestly I forget who you are. I have never played with you .
Okay, I'm confused now.
Performer wrote:Nosferatu, do you recall the game where Firebringer was scum with Xtoxm Traitor, and what's his face as the 3rd scum? There's something strange going on here and I 'd like for you to try to look at that game. I'm going to dig into that game as well (moderated by chamber). I think that may help us in discerning alignment for Mr. X.
I'm the only other person in this game who was also in that game... I assumed you were referring to me here.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Mirhawk »

/dodge

I'll catch up tonight.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Performer »

implosion . Let's talk about something else . :]
Do you think podo is scum? What's your read on Pere as well?

Request - can you guys split posts into smaller chunks please. I can at time , be guilty of posting like this too but it's just very hard to read.

from podo is strange. Why would you cover up reads in Spoiler tag? It's a bunch of rather vague thoughts that look like they could come from scum.
Liking Zach more though I still don't understand his obsession with shannon.
VOTE: podo leaving this here for now, while I'm in midst of analyzing his links (meta dives).
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 362, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Sickofit

Zach is maybe town
That's what I thought, stay in your lane next time.

VOTE: Wake88

Back to this.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:07 am

Post by Performer »

Podo seems like a well-meaning newbie town here.
Boehm what's your definition of newbie town? Because based on his 3 completed, I wouldn't say he's a newbie.
What're your thoughts on your 2-man wagon?
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:13 am

Post by implosion »

podo seems pretty town to me.
I don't have any read on peregrinev from what he's posted.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:15 am

Post by implosion »

In post 315, podoboq wrote:
In post 250, Boem_u_dusi wrote:this is a potentially dangerous move for you.
Thanks for reminding me, implosion.

This pinged to me sketch as fuck.
In post 369, podoboq wrote:
In post 347, Lapsa wrote:I got Macho role modifier
What the fuck is this?
In post 370, podoboq wrote:
In post 369, podoboq wrote:
In post 347, Lapsa wrote:I got Macho role modifier
What the fuck is this?
To clarify, I don't mean mechanically. I know what this claim means.

I'm wondering why the fuck you would claim it. There is literally no town motivation for claiming macho here accept for some elaborate gambit, so any smart player can just ignore it.
All of these posts read town. And also which I forgot to hit multiquote on.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:18 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 391, Performer wrote:262 from podo is strange. Why would you cover up reads in Spoiler tag?
The reason to spoiler is because otherwise it's a huge wall to scroll through. It's the only way to make it collapsible. As far as some of my thoughts being kind of vague, I thought I was pretty specific about why I townread or scumread people. I didn't go into heavy detail, because most players at that point had twenty posts max. There's not too much to really do a deep dive on.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:18 am

Post by Transcend »

Dang implosion our reads are pretty in par with each other.

We both fos Boem

We both tr Podo

What's your opinion on these people (t/s/n)

- Zach
- Shannon
- Nosferatsu
- Dunn
- Sickofit
- Performer
- Mirhawk

You give your answers then I'll give mine, let's see how close we are to each other :3
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:21 am

Post by implosion »

We both fos Boem
oh i don't fos him in particular i just want a better read on him.

Zach/shannon/sick are town. Just isoed dunn and I wanted to be able to call him scum so that I could make a significant competing wagon but eh I don't really feel it, he isn't that strongly town but some of the things he's said feel town to me.

Looking at the rest now.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:24 am

Post by Performer »

In post 354, Transcend wrote:*tr on shannon intensifies*
Lol. It intensifies like my passion for performance art does, right before a performance - see , that is a look into a bit of thought process. Explain yours please.
I would welcome a wagon on podo or Trans, the latter because he never displays motive for his tr or sr on slots.
I am still experiencing overwhelm with the sheer volume of posts and unfamiliar names.
Try to focus on a select few at a time, like those familiar to you. Also, focus on things that stand out strange like Trans. And don't be afraid to have a flow to your reads, because death tunneling can be anti town.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”