Newbie 2099 | GTA San Andreas | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:12 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Why is there only one wagon?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:36 pm

In post 32, Bulbazoor wrote:I am the worst at reading anything that occurs in the RVS as I can never get a good read on anything going on. Everyone is seeming sus at this point to me lol.
This feels town
In post 36, Bulbazoor wrote:VOTE: Rad

Your turn to feel some pressure buddy ;).
This feels scummy

From first two pages, Spartan/Rad unlikely to be scum/scum, I don't usually do pre-flip associatives but yeah, that one seems pretty straight forward. Fancy is probably scum, no?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:45 pm

In post 58, Spartan117 wrote: Whooooosssshhhhh

(Appeasement followed by a statement without any actual reasoning)

Zzoooooommm

VOTE: Bulbazoor
This is bad from Spartan, feels like OMGUS. Wants to know why he is scum read without outright asking the question.
In post 69, FancyPants wrote: To me this sounds like you're already giving yourself an excuse not to scum hunt.
That's absolutely not what Bulb said?

He said he struggles to gain reads on D1 and you then interpreted that as 'I'm going to be useless and ineffective for all of D1.' Like, wtf?

Fancy is asking a lot of 'busy questions' that don't look for AI responses and his push on Bulb on bad.
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:47 pm

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 376, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Fancy is probably scum, no?
I assume you are and will continue to post your opinions as you read from the start. That is townie and will hopefully create more activity. As for only one wagon there was also a Elemk one brewing but it has no votes to give your slot a chance, also because theres not even enough content to decide if the slot is scummy imo.
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:55 pm

Juice's posting on p4 is real good, I like that a lot.

Juice and Bulba towny

Spartan and Fancy scummy
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:06 am

In post 104, Rad wrote:So let me get this straight juice.

Fancy is definitely scum. And he's scum with either elemk or bulba. So the best move is to vote one of his maybe scum partners?
I don't like this.

Fancy was scum based off of Elemk being scum, no? So it would make sense to vote for his stronger scum read first (that he has reasoning for) and then if he is correct, start pushing Fancy based on the associative?

I'm surprised this wasn't picked up and I'm also surprised that Bulba just agreed with it. Would be the second time Bulba has OMGUS'ed, I retract my town read on Bulba.

Juice is still town. Alwaysnever can probably be town, too. I liked his post regarding Fancy's reads on himself and Goldfish.

Bulba moves into null/scummy, along with Spartan and Rad.

Fancy is still scum.
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: xe, xem, xyrs

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:49 am

Post by Juice »

In post 380, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 104, Rad wrote:So let me get this straight juice.

Fancy is definitely scum. And he's scum with either elemk or bulba. So the best move is to vote one of his maybe scum partners?
I don't like this.

Fancy was scum based off of Elemk being scum, no? So it would make sense to vote for his stronger scum read first (that he has reasoning for) and then if he is correct, start pushing Fancy based on the associative?

I'm surprised this wasn't picked up and I'm also surprised that Bulba just agreed with it. Would be the second time Bulba has OMGUS'ed, I retract my town read on Bulba.

Juice is still town. Alwaysnever can probably be town, too. I liked his post regarding Fancy's reads on himself and Goldfish.

Bulba moves into null/scummy, along with Spartan and Rad.

Fancy is still scum.
I know you are a repp in - but Elmk's biggest town read was Fancy. So the slot taking a 180 is even more confusing.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:53 am

In post 130, FancyPants wrote: I'm OK with throwing out reads without explanation.

What I'm not OK with is throwing out reads -> being queried on them -> and not having an explanation for those reads.

That strikes me as manufactured.
Juice clearly explained both reads though so what you're saying is just false.
In post 136, Cat.Jpeg wrote: I get a town vibe from you because of content but there's a lot of making stuff out of nothing.
There is also a lot of pointless question asking in an attempt to look busy. This is regarding Fancy to be clear.
In post 147, FancyPants wrote: Cat hasn't said anything to change my mind about her, town reads are very easy for scum to do, and she hasn't taken a stance on who is scum

That said I'm less certain about Juice, I've been feeling that way for a while but I didn't want to unvote and relieve pressure quite yet.
UNVOTE:

VOTE: Goldfish
Is better methinks.

Scum probably in {Cat/Spartan/Goldfish}
I actually like this from Fancy. I'm wondering whether I have a problem with their playstyle as opposed to them actually being scum but they've definitely misrepped people on a couple of occasions now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:54 am

Juice, my predecessor's reads have absolutely no bearing on my take of the game.

Two completely different people.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:10 am

Page 7, good posting again from Juice and Alwaysnever.

from AN is particularly townie
In post 192, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote: Cat is possible scum bc of their attitude/tone as well, only this time it's actually founded in something bc I've played a lot with her before so I'm familiar with the playstyle as town and scum.
If this isn't explained in more detail in the coming pages, it needs explaining.
In post 193, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 146, Bulbazoor wrote: Well I did want to pressure you and at the same time I was annoyed that I was being voted as
I tend to have knee jerk reactions any time I am voted.
This feels like an excuse for any reaction that may come from being voted in the future, could be the first scum slip of the game? Hmm
Same for this, in what world is that a scum slip? It's a 'By the way, if people vote me I generally don't like it and tend to bite back.' That's completely NAI
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:13 am

Spartan is sheeping Rad hella hard in this game as well. Spartan has also seen Rad being pocketed before and possibly thinks he is susceptible to it?

Something to keep an eye on.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:20 am

In post 202, Juice wrote:Don't you think it is strange that you thought I was dishonest and voted me - but then changed your mind and flip to town read me.
And that is the only thing you've actually done all game - and yet Elmk think you are most town because of it.
First part of this post is good, I don't see where, or why, FP's read changed on Juice.

Second part is just false, FP has been doing plenty outside of their push on you.
In post 205, FancyPants wrote:Anyway we should be putting pressure on
Spartan
Cat
Goldfish

That's where the scum are hiding.
Talk about these scum reads? I see later in the page you change your mind on Spartan, but explain where you were at at this point anyway.
In post 215, Rad wrote: This strikes me as sus. In general, it's my understanding that a town pr would want to try to avoid pushing scum too hard. Reason being, if you catch scum early as a town pr, you're more likely to be the nk and can't use your ability. I'm not saying that means elemk is a town pr, but suggesting that he should play differently if he is a town pr reeks of scum fishing out a pr claim.

Do you fundamentally disagree with the concept of how a town pr should be playing here Juice?
Hmm, this is good posting. I didn't pick up on the potential role-fishing at all.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:30 am

In post 225, FancyPants wrote:Just do clarify my position on Spartan

I'm as sure as I can be of my town reads on:
Elemk/Alwaysnever/Rad/Juice/Bulba

That only really leaves the other 3.

They've all done what I expect of scum in newbies - that is not commit on scum reads at all, and throw out some token town reads.

In my opinion scum have trouble manufacturing scum hunting as they know whatever they say is essentially bullshit, even wrong opinions about who the scum are show intent. I've seen very little real scum hunting intent from those 3.
Answered my question on the very next page, starting to think I am wrong about FP. This is a decent post.
In post 230, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote: I'd like to point you to some of my previous games on this site, and point out that I'm not entierly new to the game of mafia and I'm actually not bad at bullshitting scumreads, it's a lot easier to make content out of nothing as scum than it is to actually work out whether what people are saying is really suspicious or if it's their playstyle or random and NAI.

If I was scum I'd be posting a LOT more reads because I know that not voting/scumreading people early on gets me scumread.
This is a really bad post, self-meta is just the worst type of meta.
In post 232, Spartan117 wrote:I have not had the time to read through everyone's posts, rather that just throwing something together I'd like to be able to give some proper game content, I need to go to bed soon for work, I am going to sit down when I get in tomorrow and go through everything properly.

Also just to clarify but will expand on tomorrow, the plan I referenced before is based on mine and Rads last game where I called out the mafia day 1, and even though I was getting scum read d1 I was the night kill, and because I was town I helped I fluency Rad to get the job done in remarkable fashion I must say.
So acording to the plan it was all a joke about scraping me from the day 1 vote because I will be the night kill the first night, which I had intended to play more into in a chaotic fun way but unfortunately havnt had the time im sorry, I do still intend to try and nail down the scum team before day 1 ends and we can see post game how that compares if I can get a 2 in 2.
Spartan referencing his first game with Rad shows that it's at least somewhat at the forefront of his thoughts for this game. This lines up with my previous thinking of Spartan possibly attempting to pocket Rad. Very interested in hearing Rad's opinion on this.
In post 233, FancyPants wrote: A quick meta scan doesn't track with this.
I found two scum games:
- viewtopic.php?f=51&t=89374 - Open 850: Democrabilities (Postgame)
- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=89376 - Mewbie 2094 -- GAME OVER

In the first one your first read that isn't town or null is like 400 posts in.
In the second one you replace out after about 200 posts but post no scum reads.

Now it looks like you have experience offsite so this isn't a comprehensive analysis of your meta, but it does contradict what you said - you have not shown a strong inclination to scumread people more as scum.
In post 231, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote: If I was scum I'd be posting a LOT more reads because I know that not voting/scumreading people early on gets me scumread.
Also this statement format: "If I really was bad, I wouldn't do x, y, z." I find to be a very common lie format.
I don't want to town read FP for 'effort' but I'm probably going to. I'm 180'ing on my FP read, they can be town and this is good posting again.
In post 239, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:But like I'm not sold. She could still be town. She's not a pr.
Why would you say this?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:36 am

I'm stopping here for now, got about 6 pages to go and want to let the thread breathe a little instead of just spamming.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 380, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm surprised this wasn't picked up and I'm also surprised that Bulba just agreed with it. Would be the second time Bulba has OMGUS'ed, I retract my town read on Bulba.
How does this single aspect move me into scummy? I agreed because from the way I read Juice's post it seemed like FP was his scumread and he voted for someone he didn't appear as certain on. I thought it was a valid question from Rad.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:19 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Also when did I omgus for a second time BBT?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:38 am

In post 389, Bulbazoor wrote: How does this single aspect move me into scummy? I agreed because from the way I read Juice's post it seemed like FP was his scumread and he voted for someone he didn't appear as certain on. I thought it was a valid question from Rad.
Because you did it twice, it doesn't necessarily make you scum, but it is enough for me to want to retract my town read.
In post 390, Bulbazoor wrote:Also when did I omgus for a second time BBT?
You OMGUS'ed when Rad voted for you at the start of the game and you did it again with regards to Juice.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:55 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I still don't see how I omgused Juice. All I did was agree with a point regarding Juice.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:59 am

After Juice had been saying you could possibly be scum
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:04 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

That post was more of me giving some slight townpoints to Rad than any sort of omgus.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:05 am

Post by Rad »

In post 383, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Juice, my predecessor's reads have absolutely no bearing on my take of the game.

Two completely different people.
My problem with this is if you're town, you basically get some free town perspective reads from your slot's previous owner. I would absolutely take that into account. You disagree?

Also yoooo bbt replacement, I love it, and of course he comes out swinging too :mrgreen: this is like copy paste nai bbt entrance with regards to style. Will start to consider the actual content though. You caught up yet bbt or still working through those last 6 pages?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:05 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

More like he tried to incorrectly paint me as omgusing lmao.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:19 am

Post by FancyPants »

Hi BBt

I need Goldfish to weigh in before I can really continue with this game.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Rad »

Bbt thoughts on goldfish? She is at E-1. Me and juice wanted to flip your slot but fancy has been reading it town. I guess I should just let you catch up but I'm curious to get some more thoughts here. Spartan has claimed intent to hammer which may still be in effect but goldfish is nowhere to be found.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:23 am

Post by Rad »

In post 397, FancyPants wrote:Hi BBt

I need Goldfish to weigh in before I can really continue with this game.
I get that we were at a standstill with goldfish at E-1 and no response but bbt's entry is new content. So let's continue? Any new thoughts on elemk slot?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”