Newbie 2099 | GTA San Andreas | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: xe, xem, xyrs

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:49 am

Post by Juice »

FP - you are yet to answer why you selectively quoted me to fit your narrative.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:51 am

Post by Rad »

How long have you been playing fancy? You seem pretty hyper confident in drawing conclusions. I'm not used to this level of confidence from anyone regardless of alignment.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:55 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 150, Juice wrote:FP - you are yet to answer why you selectively quoted me to fit your narrative.
I was just trying to make a clean succinct case, if you think by doing so I misrepresented you please don't it out.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:55 am

Post by FancyPants »

*Please point it out rather.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:56 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 151, Rad wrote:How long have you been playing fancy? You seem pretty hyper confident in drawing conclusions. I'm not used to this level of confidence from anyone regardless of alignment.
On and off for years but I only have about 10 games on site.

I'm pretty confident about my town game though, haven't lost a town game in a while.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:57 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 151, Rad wrote:How long have you been playing fancy? You seem pretty hyper confident in drawing conclusions. I'm not used to this level of confidence from anyone regardless of alignment.
I'm not totally married to anything, it just makes sense though.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Rad »

In post 149, FancyPants wrote:Need more from Elemk, he pocketed me by saying things I agree with but again scum can come to the "right" conclusions very easily.
Are you saying he intentionally pocketed you or that you feel pocketed due to agreeing with him?

I also agree his input is lacking and we need more.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:01 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 156, Rad wrote:
In post 149, FancyPants wrote:Need more from Elemk, he pocketed me by saying things I agree with but again scum can come to the "right" conclusions very easily.
Are you saying he intentionally pocketed you or that you feel pocketed due to agreeing with him?

I also agree his input is lacking and we need more.
Hard to say, but no I'm not accusing him of doing it deliberately.
I do have a tendency to read people who think like me as town, it's hurt me in the past so I'm trying to be more aware of my bias.
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Juice »

In post 153, FancyPants wrote:*Please point it out rather.
i mean you said i was dishonest.

i said why dont you quote ALL of what I said.

and then you selectively quoted me and continued to call be dishonest.

i would call that ironic
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Rad »

Juice can you show how his selective quote misrepresented you? Like explicitly spell it out for everyone showing what he didn't include and why that was deceiving.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:52 am

Post by FancyPants »

I've explained very clearly here what I was getting at:
In post 130, FancyPants wrote:
I'm OK with throwing out reads without explanation.

What I'm not OK with is throwing out reads -> being queried on them -> and not having an explanation for those reads.

That strikes me as manufactured.
I was trying to make a very specific point about why I didn't like your behaviour, not everything you said was relevant to that point, if you think I misrepresented you show me where. Just because I point out something specific you said rather than quoting every word doesn't mean I misrepresented you.

In short I don't think this comment:
In post 150, Juice wrote:FP - you are yet to answer why you selectively quoted me to fit your narrative.
Is accurate.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:55 am

Post by FancyPants »

In fact you still haven't clarified your position on Elemk, despite me asking you twice to do so, see this post:
In post 132, FancyPants wrote:Juice just to be clear you think Elemk is scum because of the below string of posts correct?

You feel they are manufactured?
In post 22, Elemk wrote:Wait crap VOTE: Unvote he is at E-1 if I vote him
In post 23, Elemk wrote:Oh my sorry for the terrible formatting above! Just to be clear:
UNVOTE: GoldfishFromTheMoon
In post 28, Elemk wrote:
In post 26, Rad wrote:Hi Elmk! I think that would have put him at E-3 because me and spartan weren't on him anymore. Double E-1 page 1 would have been fun though :mrgreen:
I need to read gooder before I post next time. I read through everything and thought that would be a fun RVS but then I panicked and thought I was E-1'ing and then I double checked and realised that people had changed their votes. God dammit, off to a great start!

VOTE: GoldfishFromTheMoon for the original thing I said before :lol:
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:56 am

Post by Juice »

In post 159, Rad wrote:Juice can you show how his selective quote misrepresented you? Like explicitly spell it out for everyone showing what he didn't include and why that was deceiving.
i mean i literally went back and did this the first time i called him out for it.

We are on page 6 or 7. Are people just cba when it comes to looking back and reading the game?
AlwaysNever
AlwaysNever
Townie
AlwaysNever
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:01 am

Post by AlwaysNever »

In post 145, Rad wrote:
In post 141, AlwaysNever wrote:Appreciate the answer with that said, now that we have developments, whom among all of the players right now do you think are paired in some ways? Or at least trying to not look like they're paired the most?
Why are you pushing for pairs on page 6? Wait for a flip or if YOU see something suspicious that you want to point out, fine do it. Like pushing this sort of thing this early is just going to make town hesitant to interact and give opinions when we should be pushing for open communication, not trying to find connections based on nothing.

Could also be scum here hunting for masons.

The more I think about this the less and less I like it.
I see, I was actually making questions and see what they are thinking of it, but if you think that it's
very
unhelpful to delve deep into this matter, then I will put it into consideration that I don't look for it
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:04 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 163, AlwaysNever wrote:
In post 145, Rad wrote:
In post 141, AlwaysNever wrote:Appreciate the answer with that said, now that we have developments, whom among all of the players right now do you think are paired in some ways? Or at least trying to not look like they're paired the most?
Why are you pushing for pairs on page 6? Wait for a flip or if YOU see something suspicious that you want to point out, fine do it. Like pushing this sort of thing this early is just going to make town hesitant to interact and give opinions when we should be pushing for open communication, not trying to find connections based on nothing.

I see, I was actually making questions and see what they are thinking of it, but if you think that it's
very
unhelpful to delve deep into this matter, then I will put it into consideration that I don't look for it
Don't let us put you off, scum hunt however you like.

I'm of the opinion that looking for pairs before we have actually seen any alignments is largely pointless (once we have scum flips it gets MUCH more helpful), I'm not the only one to think that but it doesn't mean we're right and you're wrong.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:05 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 162, Juice wrote:
In post 159, Rad wrote:Juice can you show how his selective quote misrepresented you? Like explicitly spell it out for everyone showing what he didn't include and why that was deceiving.
i mean i literally went back and did this the first time i called him out for it.

We are on page 6 or 7. Are people just cba when it comes to looking back and reading the game?
I've just gone back and looked, the only thing you could possibly be referring to is this bolded comment:
In post 79, Juice wrote:
In post 74, FancyPants wrote:
In post 64, Juice wrote:Also did Bulbasaur OMGUS Rad.

I'd push for either Bulba or Elmk today really.
If Bulba OMGUS'ed Rad what does that mean to you?

Why do you like Bulba and Elmk to "push" today.
there really isn't much else to go with - without a flip. and those are the only two im sus about - but there is nothing concrete at the moment
You understand that when I ask you to justify why you scum read two people - the bolded comment above explains absolutely nothing.
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:11 am

Post by Juice »

in all of nine minutes you went back - and you've still missed what I've said twice.

I got a suggestion for you FP. Either go back - and QUOTE every single one my posts. Or I will just park a vote on you, until you are lynched. At this point, getting bored of your ability to selectively read in such a low post count game. Actually I will park my vote now - because I am guessing you aren't going to actuall 'read' but are just going to pretend again.

UNVOTE VOTE:FancyPants
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:34 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 56, Juice wrote:
In post 54, AlwaysNever wrote:
In post 49, Juice wrote:
In post 41, FancyPants wrote:@Rad, is it your experience that scum are more likely to self vote?
@Rad, is it common for you to vote for 5 different people in the RVS stage?

@Juice, what do you make of the game so far, any specific thoughts or gut shots on anybody yet?
i am used to 24/36 hour days - but only play infrequently so the game is a bit slower. I do feel a lot of people sitting on their hand a little bit.
I know I'm not Fancy but mind if you answer my questions?

Which people do you think is not 'sitting on their hand' right now?
In post 52, Bulbazoor wrote:What context is needed for that post? I feel like at this point that's just making something out of nothing.
Yeah I agree with this slightly, your post doesn't seem as suspicious to me. We don't really have much info in RVS so it was fair to say that you have trouble gleaning on intent behind the seemingly random votes thrown everywhere.
In post 42, FancyPants wrote:Also Goldfish is still scum, my vote was serious in case anyone was wondering.
Didn't reply to this earlier since I was waiting for the player accused to question this, and since they have appeared, I will join behind the line of people asking, indeed, why?

anyway it's still too early for any kind of reads on anyone for me. just shy over three pages, I'd love to see Spartan chimes in, and perhaps Cat too at some point
hard to fully know - because I don't know anyone's play style. I do think the person who instantly unvoted a L1 - wanted to be seen as town by their action even if it was during a random voting sequence.
In post 57, Juice wrote:
Elemk I believe.
You mean the bolded above^ ?

If not I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I've read the thread multiple times have have a good grasp of what's going on, if the above is what you meant. I've asked you to clarify this 3 times.

Once here:
In post 103, FancyPants wrote:Hey Juice

I'm stupid.

Please let me know if I'm right in my understanding:

Elemk is scum because in the below post:
You feel this is posturing and performative rather than genuine. Elemk is "pretending" to be a good townie, rather than actually a good townie.

Can you clarify why Bulba was sus for you?
In post 96, Juice wrote: 2) you didn't quote everything I said - you only quoted what helped build your narrative. At this point it feels like you are outing yourself - which makes me think either Rad or Bulba are your partner and this game is already over.
I'm also aware I didn't quote your whole posts I was just quoting the bits that were relevant to my argument.

If you think I'm scum Juice - you should vote me.
Then again here:
In post 132, FancyPants wrote:Juice just to be clear you think Elemk is scum because of the below string of posts correct?

In post 23, Elemk wrote:Oh my sorry for the terrible formatting above! Just to be clear:
In post 28, Elemk wrote:
In post 26, Rad wrote:Hi Elmk! I think that would have put him at E-3 because me and spartan weren't on him anymore. Double E-1 page 1 would have been fun though :mrgreen:
I need to read gooder before I post next time. I read through everything and thought that would be a fun RVS but then I panicked and thought I was E-1'ing and then I double checked and realised that people had changed their votes. God dammit, off to a great start!

And then again here:
In post 161, FancyPants wrote:In fact you still haven't clarified your position on Elemk, despite me asking you twice to do so, see this post:

In post 28, Elemk wrote:

At the bottom of the thread page where it says "display posts by user" you can quickly organised the thread and find old posts, all I wanted was a bit of communication.

Anyway I think you're probably town so this back and forth is a big waste of time.
AlwaysNever
AlwaysNever
Townie
AlwaysNever
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:37 am

Post by AlwaysNever »

In post 164, FancyPants wrote:
In post 163, AlwaysNever wrote:
In post 145, Rad wrote:

very
Don't let us put you off, scum hunt however you like.

I'm of the opinion that looking for pairs before we have actually seen any alignments is largely pointless (once we have scum flips it gets MUCH more helpful), I'm not the only one to think that but it doesn't mean we're right and you're wrong.
I understand, not being put off, just being mindful of things, perhaps XD

Again, most of the content being put out is FancyPants trying to either push for Goldfish, Bulba or drilling Juice, with Juice and Bulba biting back so far, with a splash of Rad here and there and surprise Cat appearances and finally decent content from Spartan. Nil from Goldfish, and Elemk, or perhaps even Cat. I'm currently trying to avoid sussing people based on their activity level so I would not consider the last three into what I am reading in rn, but I would not be surprised if one of them is scum. It is in my experience that newbies tend to have lower activities as scum, but I do know in the end, it's NAI.

rating people I feel is the most townie to the least
Rad/Spartan
FP/Juice (high chance of this being T/T)
Bulba

Rationale:
Rad/Spartan - Rad's post so far look clean and assertive, open and not deceitful imo. Spartan redeemed himself after the RVS like vote to Bulba, and his posts feels helpful. Since again we're very early into the game I can only base this on vibes instead of proof and quotes.
FP/Juice - Fancy has been pressuring people all over and I'd say that's a playstyle that town can use, but also scum would try to use. Juice has been doggedly biting back Fancy's drilling, so either of them doesn't look scum to me. I've seen this kind of things in games I've been before and about 90% of the time it's T/T sniping each other due to one being focused solely on another's choice of words or playstyle. If this is some kind of high-level play of S/S trying to make one of them look townie as hell by making sure of them get lynched, I would be REALLY surprised.
Bulba - Bulba's paranoia on getting voted each time is definitely not helping him look like a better townie in my eyes, but otherwise he doesn't look like he has an agenda? Just sounded more... exasperated on getting misconstrued and lynched day 1 as town. For Bulba, don't worry too much on getting accurate reads, I too use vibes just like you said on one of your posts for my d1 reads, cause like, what else can I say other than that? :lol: there's literally no content for me to analyze otherwise, but by posting those vibes, we can then perhaps analyze YOU. that is the point, I think, of posting these gutreads

Well, that's some can of worms you can chew on, as I said, for Cat, Elemk, and Goldfish, it's pretty null so far, since only Cat has a few good posts now.
AlwaysNever
AlwaysNever
Townie
AlwaysNever
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:38 am

Post by AlwaysNever »

I'll be back here in +- 7 hours, or more, depending on if I can wake up in time, to reply to anything you would like to say regarding my writeups!
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Juice »

now you town read me? LOL.
flag on the field.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:57 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I do think Juice might be coming from a similar mindset as me in that they don't like being pushed over the smallest of things. I do think it could be town vs town but I really do need some more content from the quieter slots before making any sort of decisions.

To AlwaysNever, why do you think Spartan has decent content? What lines in particular?
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:03 am

Post by FancyPants »

I'm pushing people in an effort to solve the game, no need to take this shit personally.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:05 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

And I did acknowledge that when I said that you were the main reason the discussion progressed past the RVS stage.
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:31 am

Post by Juice »

In post 171, Bulbazoor wrote:I do think Juice might be coming from a similar mindset as me in that they don't like being pushed over the smallest of things. I do think it could be town vs town but I really do need some more content from the quieter slots before making any sort of decisions.

To AlwaysNever, why do you think Spartan has decent content? What lines in particular?
i actually don't mind be pushed - at all.

i just get confused - when i dont change my stance - and person that was sussing me then flips me to a town read.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”