It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3750 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Magua wrote:Fun fact: One of the recipients of the "the camera is focusing on you" message replied to me with: "Fuckballs."

P. sure this was me. That message seriously scared the everloving
shit
out of me.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3751 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Post by Tierce »

saul--you hold more weight and your reads are a lot more sensible, regardless of alignment, than many players in this game. Cop investigations should be aimed at logical, solid players who will make it worth the effort (well, and at Hez in hopes it will ground him somewhat). You don't just want to get an innocent/guilty, you want that innocent/guilty to help achieve a town win, and for that you need to hit the influential players with cop investigations.

Xalxe: :lol:
I didn't get the message, but my propaganda-free buddies did. There was much headtilting.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3752 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I lol'ed with pity when Tierce voted Hez after saying numerous times no quicklynches and it looked very much like a quicklynch. :P

pedit:

Same, Xalxe. Although I imagine it is a 1000 times worse when you are a third party.

That was the message that supplied me with a few posts of filler around Sotty's lynch. Also, I don't know if I said this Hez, but Sotty and Zach are not stupid scum. Sotty won the Don Corleone last year.

However, only Zach was playing in this game and he admittedly does not have the strongest of scumgames.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #3753 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by Xalxe »

In post 3752, Oversoul wrote:Same, Xalxe. Although I imagine it is a 1000 times worse when you are a third party.

When you're a third party and somebody appears to have found you who has
the same abilities as you
, yeah holy fuck you're scared.

Also, when Tiph flipped Commie Prop I was convinced for the longest time there were two of us handing the things out.

Also also I really wanted to make the argument "don't lynch me, vigkill me" then pull out the SURPRISE TELEPORT BITCHES
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3754 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

well it was a fun game...crazy as hell and damn right frustrating sometimes...
and i played horrible...once i was outted i was affraid to use my doc ability because i was worried scum would steal it for a free kill..
Amrun, i am sorry i pushed so hard for your lynch..i honestly thought that Tierce was scum and not lying about her ability and results..
I seriously thought her trick on Hez backfired and got you caught...

ugh....sorry town :(

Also, i was THIS CLOSE to informing on Akonas as a Computer Phreak...since he had "I'm Leet" in his avvy..
I'm wondering if that would have worked?

Hey Tierce, why did you guys kill me instead of Hez? i was playing pretty horribly...
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3755 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by Tierce »

I really didn't see dana's vote. :oops:
One thing's for sure--in the games I mod in the future, votes need to be at the start of a new line..

Zach's hop onto Akonas kept Akonas alive quite a bit.

...which reminds me, where is fellow Akonas? It's celebration night for the glorious Illuminati!

sword, we killed you because the way you worded your claim, your role was a doc AND a following-night CPR doc. We couldn't have you flying around with that role or offering vig shots to town that we could only guess where they'd land.

I didn't lie about my results once. All my claimed actions were true. They just weren't the only ones.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3756 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 3753, Xalxe wrote:Also, when Tiph flipped Commie Prop I was convinced for the longest time there were two of us handing the things out.

Took me a while to figure that out. The scum actions were mostly directed by me with input from my fellow Illuminati, but that one was one of the reasons I originally thought Hez was a redirector. We knew he had targeted you N1, because Oversoul redirected him there.

But then, things started to click. Elmo was The Computer's pet, Tiphaine was a supermiller. It made sense that things weren't exactly happening as written.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3757 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Post by Amrun »

UGH.

Well, I knew Oversoul was scum. That much was obvious. FUCK YOU to everyone who wouldn't let me lynch the fuck out of Akonas when I tried. I just gave up trying to lynch him after that. I knew it would never go through. That day really killed me in this game. I couldn't care after that FUCKING OBVIOUS play wasn't made. Like, everyone who was against that and not scum should feel extremely ashamed.

I was very wrong about Tierce. I thought her counterclaim, among other things, was something Tierce wouldn't do as scum because it was too obvious, but alas. I deserved to bite THAT one.

My lynch was fucking TERRIBLE. Like, holy GOD, was it bad. The sottyrulez/Amrun interactions were clear as day. I mean, I know I'm a little biased, but I really believe that to be true.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3758 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Post by Tierce »

Amrun <3
Sorry, but you can't read me worth a damn. ;) 2/2 so far.

That claim was made specifically with that purpose in mind. As Xalxe said:
In post 1172, Xalxe wrote:Take it from someone who knows, stupid shit like COUNTERCLAIM GAMBIT is not how Tierce plays.

Town trusts me not to do stupid shit? Well then, an order of stupid shit coming up. Subverting meta is fun.
I think Oversoul almost had a conniption when I declared I was about to CC inte in the scum QT.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3759 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 6:36 pm

Post by Amrun »

Yeah, I'm clearly terrible at it.

I read you correctly in PYP, though. And ... EVENTUALLY. .. in Weather. >.>
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3760 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Post by Tierce »

I wasn't even trying in PYP. >.> (That is my story and I'm sticking to it, that game was completely demoralizing even if we won it.) Okay fiiiine 2/3 go ahead and take the trophy--I'm going to bed.

Eventually.
/still bitter

Oh, and that Tiphaine thing?

Yeah, that was a 'dropped towntell'. Fully on purpose:
In post 362, Tierce wrote:[CHECK IF TIPHAINE'S READS IN #225 MAKE SENSE FROM HIS POV]

Nobody went back for it after he flipped town. You meanieheads.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3761 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Post by Amrun »

Well, I remembered it. If that counts. It did contribute to my town read on you.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3762 (ISO) » Wed May 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Post by Amrun »

Though I WIFOMed myself into that. :/ I knew that shit was fishy, I just couldn't provei t.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3763 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 12:07 am

Post by Akonas »

I should not have gotten away with lurking that hard. I logged on in the middle of Nightcycle, and went to sleep last night trying to figure out a fakeclaim. I think we got away with letting town/scum wagons run against each other and just letting the wagon on scum stall.

I saw you guys yelling at me to get on in the QT, right about the time I ended up going to sleep.

Well played, Tierce. You pretty much ran this game.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3764 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 1:48 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 3757, Amrun wrote:

My lynch was fucking TERRIBLE. Like, holy GOD, was it bad. The sottyrulez/Amrun interactions were clear as day. I mean, I know I'm a little biased, but I really believe that to be true.

The lynch is actually pretty hilarious if you're looking at it from this end... but yeah, that one should have never happened.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3765 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 3:08 am

Post by inte »

howd amrun get lynched guys
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3766 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 3:24 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

I was honestly hoping that my reputation as a dumbfuck would keep the investigations off me and I could coast through till later. In the future I'll prolly just claim if I get saddled with a miller role.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3767 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 3:42 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 3764, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 3757, Amrun wrote:

The lynch is actually pretty hilarious if you're looking at it from this end... but yeah, that one should have never happened.

Yeah, that one saw me lurking pretty hard to let it pass after I staunchly stood against it. 'Said my piece, this is hilariously bad and makes no sense, now let her eat rope...'

Tiphaine: You can't count on that. Look at who dana investigated. And this?
In post 916, TiphaineDeath wrote:WHAT THE FUCK. Let me be very clear about this, I preformed no night actions, whatsoever. I have a power, but i chose not to utilize it as it is a double edged sword, I didn't even manipulate myself down because I was curious what would happen. However I may be able to explain phil's result, let me check my role pm.
In post 920, TiphaineDeath wrote:Ok, I am a miller, but not an ordinary one. ANY investigative result on me, any at all, will come back as bad as it possibly can. I breadcrumbed my role earlier.

It gets worse, that double sided sword i talked about? I am a millerizing miller. Anyone I target gains my curse.

My target is a roleblock.

But wait theres more, I auto go up by one treason point each night, and whenever I roleblock i gain another one, as does the person I roleblocked.

I can also manipulate and inform.

Discuss X-x.

This is bad, especially when you take into account that the claim is a complete mess and only came about when you hit a hundred posts. That claim reeked of a hurried lie.

You're a miller, you claim upfront, and you accept that you are going to eat a lynch sooner or later. Millers live on borrowed time because town can't afford to let them live to LyLo. Hoping that you'll somehow keep off investigations is begging for the game to become a flustercuck like it happened D2, and pretty much nothing was learned from that quicklynch because we even managed to get a kill in.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3768 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 3:58 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I don't necessarily agree with the notion of claiming miller from the beginning, but I do think you need to expect to die if you are investigated or forced to claim.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3769 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:01 am

Post by saulres »

Amrun, just noticed your fancy new title. Congratulations!

You should check out 297-299 in the dead thread. I didn't know about your title at the time so the coincidence is eerie.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #3770 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:03 am

Post by Amrun »

Haha, I will later when I have time. Thanks.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #3771 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:07 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 3768, Zachrulez wrote:I don't necessarily agree with the notion of claiming miller from the beginning, but I do think you need to expect to die if you are investigated or forced to claim.

It depends. You certainly have to have a claim ready, at the very least. However, by claiming miller upfront you are sparing investigations from cops, and if you are town you don't want to spend an whole day fighting an inevitable guilty on you. Seems like a waste of time and town's resources not to claim immediately. On the other hand, you can have situations in which scum is pushing for your lynch because 'miller omg totes fake' and distracting from other stuff, but they can play distraction tactics with anything, so I think it pays to be honest from the beginning.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #3772 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:09 am

Post by Xalxe »

Yeah if you don't claim miller first post you're really doing it wrong.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3773 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:14 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 3771, Tierce wrote:
In post 3768, Zachrulez wrote:I don't necessarily agree with the notion of claiming miller from the beginning, but I do think you need to expect to die if you are investigated or forced to claim.

It depends. You certainly have to have a claim ready, at the very least. However, by claiming miller upfront you are sparing investigations from cops, and if you are town you don't want to spend an whole day fighting an inevitable guilty on you. Seems like a waste of time and town's resources not to claim immediately. On the other hand, you can have situations in which scum is pushing for your lynch because 'miller omg totes fake' and distracting from other stuff, but they can play distraction tactics with anything, so I think it pays to be honest from the beginning.

Yeah, but on the flip side of the coin there's so many more positive things you can do aside from being the spotlight of a likely day 1 lynch. You can draw the nightkill, you can be useful to a town that doesn't even have a cop, or you can catch a scum that tries to fakeclaim cop with an innocent on you. (Since that would be impossible.)

There's certainly arguments for claiming miller on d1 at the start, but it's not the only way to go.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3774 (ISO) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:45 am

Post by Seraphim »

I don't think claiming miller in the first post is always the right move, but TD's role DEFINITELY should have been claimed immediately, if only so people wouldn't target him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”