He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:52 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3943, humaneatingmonkey wrote:were you townreading me
A little.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:52 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3949, obscure wrote:also i just realized there's a drop down i can use to select a name to ISO someone and i don't have to click the ISO button on their posts (which involves finding a post for some people, which isn't always easy)

g a m e c h a n g e r
you can also do it from the activity overview, thats what i always do
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:53 am

In post 3946, Datisi wrote:fwiw all my problems with the slot come from firebringer and zero come from s_s

might be because i have no clue how to read s_s
understandable, have a nice day.

How good is your read record on FB?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ok maybe this is silly but i actually kinda like SS intervening there

UNVOTE:
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:53 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 3950, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3943, humaneatingmonkey wrote:were you townreading me
A little.
why
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:54 am

In post 3934, obscure wrote:who is shea?
Thestatusquo
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:55 am

Post by fireisredsir »

VOTE: Dann
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: fireisredsir
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

oh spicy
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:56 am

Your confidence in you being a possible nightkill and the way people reacted seemed to imply that you were somewhat out of touch with how you were being read. That's generally town-indicative because scum care more about that (and may be more self-conscious about proclaiming to be a universal townread, for fear of inducing backlash).
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3952, Something_Smart wrote:How good is your read record on FB?
100% baybe
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3953, fireisredsir wrote:ok maybe this is silly but i actually kinda like SS intervening there

UNVOTE:
intervening in two presumably townies shit fighting is like "how to get town cred 101"

this is a weak reason to jump off and i feel like you absolutely know how weak it is "maybe this is silly"

so why even say it at all
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

is this the time to reveal I've been bad and looking at preflip associatives between fire and obscure all morning
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:58 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3925, Ydrasse wrote:obscure has a superpower to start posting like the moment they become a topic of interest

much to think about
I was just thinking this.

For someone who claims to be having trouble keeping up with the thread they sure do seem to be able to immediately post every time someone says something about them.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:58 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I could imagine the HEM-VPB conflicts as distancing. Initial friction , , and then the argument over HEM's readslist (, , , , , , , , , ). there's a lot of sass and intensity in how they fight with each other but it doesn't seem to actually amount to strong scumreads or votes on each other. the way they talk to each other mainly seems to serve the purpose of establishing an argument between the two more than anything else.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:59 am

Post by Datisi »

actually idk if i had any games with firebringer that are older than hdp

i feel like i maybe have but i have no idea what alignments we were
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:00 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 3959, Something_Smart wrote:
Your confidence in you being a possible nightkill and the way people reacted seemed to imply that you were somewhat out of touch with how you were being read. That's generally town-indicative because scum care more about that (and may be more self-conscious about proclaiming to be a universal townread, for fear of inducing backlash).
how did you react when i voted you
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:00 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3961, Dannflor wrote:
In post 3953, fireisredsir wrote:ok maybe this is silly but i actually kinda like SS intervening there

UNVOTE:
intervening in two presumably townies shit fighting is like "how to get town cred 101"

this is a weak reason to jump off and i feel like you absolutely know how weak it is "maybe this is silly"

so why even say it at all
bc until then id seen nothing that i thought was AI from SS so far and his latest posting feels like he actually cares about town winning the game

ik it's fakeable but i believe it anyway. im aware that this is the response people would give to me thinking that but i don't care, i believe it anyway
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:02 am

In post 3966, humaneatingmonkey wrote:how did you react when i voted you
slightly annoyed but not surprised, I guess? I tend not to lean scum on people because they vote me, basically ever.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:03 am

Post by Ausuka »

VOTE: Dannflor

I have reconsidered and I like this actually

the S_S progression was kinda ??? and i don't really buy that he went from, like, 'no compelling reason to vote ss' to doing it so quickly. this made me read his iso and i remembered i do not like his opening posts, particularly his gl and marci pushes

the obscure push is like... fine and not really the reason i'm voting him but i don't think it's really town indicative because like it is pretty easy

hem is a slot im just 'meh' on because i feel like i havent read much of his posts in ages. i guess i can iso him later
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:04 am

In post 3969, Ausuka wrote:the S_S progression was kinda ??? and i don't really buy that he went from, like, 'no compelling reason to vote ss' to doing it so quickly.
what's the scum motivation for doing this?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3963, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 3925, Ydrasse wrote:obscure has a superpower to start posting like the moment they become a topic of interest

much to think about
I was just thinking this.

For someone who claims to be having trouble keeping up with the thread they sure do seem to be able to immediately post every time someone says something about them.
like idk they're saying they're disengaged and not checking in that much and are behind but I think this is like the third time they've popped up IMMEDIATELY to respond when someone mentioned their name.

Like its not that talking about yourself is that big of a tell when you're engaged, its that the immediacy of the response makes me thinking they're much more here and reading than they're letting on and I can't think of a good reason why town would be approaching the game that way.
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:04 am

Post by obscure »

In post 3968, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3966, humaneatingmonkey wrote:how did you react when i voted you
slightly annoyed but not surprised, I guess? I tend not to lean scum on people because they vote me, basically ever.
teach me your ways >>

it is hard for me to see past it, just because i imagine if i was mafia i'd find it easiest to push on people who aren't around much to defend themselves, and when i factor in that i wasn't being pushed on when i was actually around earlier because i moved, it's hard to see past
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:05 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

If obscure is scum I think they're buddies with datisi. There have been multiple times when datisi has jumped into the thread right as pressure was beginning to shift to obscure to ask some unrelated pointed questions that never went anywhere.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:06 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3969, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: Dannflor

I have reconsidered and I like this actually

the S_S progression was kinda ??? and i don't really buy that he went from, like, 'no compelling reason to vote ss' to doing it so quickly. this made me read his iso and i remembered i do not like his opening posts, particularly his gl and marci pushes

the obscure push is like... fine and not really the reason i'm voting him but i don't think it's really town indicative because like it is pretty easy

hem is a slot im just 'meh' on because i feel like i havent read much of his posts in ages. i guess i can iso him later
Ok but why is Obscure town?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”