Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:23 am

Post by Kop »

In post 397, ECMitchell wrote:
In post 360, Transcend wrote:So whoever killed plague nice job vigging the guy who put scum out of their misery. Really nice job.

It's intermission and Charloux imo. Any objections?
Unless I'm reading the day start very wrong, the flavor says the vigilante shot Siblings, meaning scum shot plague. (No clue as to why, but hey, works for us.) Transcend's comment here makes me think he wasn't in the know of night actions.

I see the votes coming his way. Let me read his ISO before weighing in. I remember there only being a couple posts of his that bothered me: the scum flip chant leading the wagon on Sheep, and the dead-set confidence he was scum despite a swift hammer with no claim.
The plague kill has to be the vigilante shot. There's no way the vigilante would have shot siblings in all honesty.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Intermission
Intermission
Townie
Intermission
Townie
Townie

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:28 am

Post by Intermission »

I didn't realize it was L-1 so soon. Forgot we lost two last night.

@ECM, if scum killed plague who would benefit from that? Sesq?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:29 am

Post by Charloux »

The flavor said that scum shot Plague, and then the vig came and killed him. Then the scum killed siblings.
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:37 am

Post by ECMitchell »

In post 402, Charloux wrote:The flavor said that scum shot Plague, and then the vig came and killed him. Then the scum killed siblings.
I'm reading the opposite. Killer said he's the vigilante when he shoots SQ. First killer just shoots.
In post 401, Intermission wrote:I didn't realize it was L-1 so soon. Forgot we lost two last night.

@ECM, if scum killed plague who would benefit from that? Sesq?
Probably not, since plague's vote on Sesq was during RVS and he didn't have many opinions on him from there. His only serious vote was on Bella, and for the same reasons Cooperative Sheep was lynched. Far-fetched but perhaps scum anticipated him to be vigilante based on his confidence in hammering (who would set themselves as a target like that?), and they wanted to kill him before he was forced to claim, without Cc most likely, then be protected in jail from there?
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Kop »

In post 402, Charloux wrote:The flavor said that scum shot Plague, and then the vig came and killed him. Then the scum killed siblings.
I should have read the flavour of the night ending. My bad.

Why would the vigilante shoot Siblings who was probably the person that got scum lynched?

I have played with Fro99er a few times and I don't remember him actually bussing scum so early. The lynch on sheep should have at least bought him a few townie points to see the next day.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:43 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 403, ECMitchell wrote: I'm reading the opposite. Killer said he's the vigilante when he shoots SQ. First killer just shoots.
I just remembered that the mod doesn't say who killed who, just who died. The story had to be like this because of wifom; But it's easy to conclude who killed whom. Like Kop said, the vig wouldn't kill siblings.
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:46 am

Post by The_Jester »

Kop/ECM I'd appreciate if you weighed on Trans instead of night spec
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
Intermission
Intermission
Townie
Intermission
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:46 am

Post by Intermission »

Oh right, I remembered plague quarrelling with Sesq at day end but it was actually SQ. nevermind.
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:51 am

Post by ECMitchell »

In post 406, The_Jester wrote:Kop/ECM I'd appreciate if you weighed on Trans instead of night spec
Who shot who affects my read on Transcend based on his first comment at day start. Reading through his ISO in a vacuum, he seems like a hyper-bored Townie more than anything else. However, I found his handling of CS's hammer at the end just a bit suspect, and I agree with the point that he hasn't had much interaction with CS at all also being interesting.
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:01 am

Post by ECMitchell »

FYI I'm nowhere near ready to vote for Transcend right now, if that's what you're looking for. I need to at least see his responses, and I want to take a closer look at some of the quieter players anyway. On that note, I'd be curious to know what Bella and Matt think of Transcend in general and, in my opinion, what was a very speedy wagon on him.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:09 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

O
pen
G
ame
#

Reminder

Flavour stories are just for immersion and fun. They don't reveal any information
that hasn't explicitly been made available, including the source of a particular kill.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:32 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

February 12, 2017 - 7:32 PM (GMT)

Day 2

The deaths of the charismatic siblings had left them without a leader, a position that a few
promising new stars were now squabbling over. First to call for action was the dog handler
Transcend, a man of foul words and ill temper who was nonetheless rumoured to have an
extremely sharp wit - or to be dafter than his dogs, depending on who you were speaking
to. In direct opposition to him was The_Jester, the mysterious town jester who spoke only
in quotes and never took his masque off - an enigmatic gentleman with the charisma of a
sociopathic cult leader.

Transcend:
Hey, kid with the gun - real nice job killing the only sensible guy around here. Real nice. How
about you start aiming for actual scumfucks for a change? Here's a free tip - they're right in front of you
and their names are Intermission and Charloux. Go. Shoot.
The_Jester:
These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Kop:
True that. It's Sesq.
Intermission:
It's definitely Sesq.

At that moment a new person arrived at the scene. It was Charloux, the feisty French man
who had set the shepherd's flock free.

Charloux:
Salut les gars, I have an announcement to make. I am this town's undercover cop, or at least
will be when I get back the stuff the mafia stole from me. You can help me with that by ridding us of this
sac á merde Transcend!

Pleased with the evidence Charloux presented to his case, the bloodthirsty Murdertowners
quickly placed their votes and readied the pitchforks, before an alarmed Kop called the rush
out.

Kop:
Let's not string the lad up so quickly, what say you?
Sesq:
Kop, you're such a total party pooper, you know that right? Ugh, fine.

With an overly dramatic sigh, Sesq erased her vote from the blackboard, leaving only three
to Transcend's name.

Transcend (L-2)
: Charloux, The_Jester, Intermission
Charloux (L-4)
: Transcend
Sesq (L-4)
: Kop

Not voting:
Sesq, projectmatt, ECMitchell, Bellaphant

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for Day 2 actions:

February 26, 2017 - 11:30 PM (GMT)
You have (expired on 2017-02-26 11:30:00) to discuss and decide on a lynch.

Vote Count 2.01
Last edited by MiniDeathStar on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:28 am, edited 10 times in total.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:40 am

Post by Transcend »

How about you don't run up blatant town while he's sleeping yea
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:43 am

Post by Transcend »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Intermission
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:46 am

Post by Sesq »

In post 412, Transcend wrote:How about you don't run up blatant town while he's sleeping yea
Nothing to support that claim
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:49 am

Post by Transcend »

I "fake hammered" but that's because i thought i was voting intermission. My "fake hammer" means zero, zilch, nada when i did absolutely nothing to dismantle the wagon, rather, encouraged someone to hang him. You know, it is fucking stupid that you think sheep not interacting with me once is indicative of Scum!Us. The fucker was caught scum and didn't interact with most people or fight his lynch. Intermission's L-1 on me was terrible and his unvote is even worse. The motherfucker is scum so how about we fucking neck that piece of shit.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Transcend »

Other scum is probably pjm. I'm not too sure if i liked his entrance on to the sheep vote anymore.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 388, Sesq wrote:Well, that was a surprising flip, and surprising NK's, and I really have no idea who to go for right now. As for stuff regarding my potential bussing, I'll throw out Mini Normal 1857, in which I was scum and bussing a ton. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=69351

I don't know if this gets me town or scum points but like, more info for town the better, definitely.
Oh wait sesq unvoted me

Yeah inter is still scum fatsos
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Transcend »

I do not see the point in continuing day 1. Frogisae dominated the chat and no one else was doing a damn thing when we had caught scum d1. With the way i am in real life, I'm the guy that must know everything, thus, I'm susceptible to request days to pick up pace, lolhammer in early stages of the game, etc. You will see this pattern in pretty much every single game I've played.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Transcend »

If there is not greater than or equal to one mafia on my wagon then I'm going to be mildly disappointed. So yeah I'm likely ego lynching there today.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:40 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Ugh, everything about the jester's 365 could've come out of my head.

all the flavour spec is pointless, i'm glad to have that confirmed.

I'd much rather do intermission over trans, but projectmatt is also not in my town pool.
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by ECMitchell »

Bellaphant, can you explain what you mean by your first sentence? I don't understand.

@Mod
, thanks for the confirmation. In that case, yes, the vigilante was probably on plague and not Siblings Quarrel.

I tend to agree with The_Jester on Intermission's cautiousness being more telling of a new player than scum. At least in this case.

Reading through projectmatt's posts, there are a few that rub me the wrong way:
In post 275, projectmatt wrote:Come to think of it, Sheep is actually obvscum - is there a benefit to stalling this day out longer? I'm not sure.
This was a very sudden switch in confidence, and the last line especially seems like fake speculation to me.
In post 341, projectmatt wrote:ok working theory: theplague just hammered on his partner and is expecting towncred for it when it flips scum

sesq is the other for obvious reasons
Slipping this "working theory" in at the end of Day 1 also seemed a bit off, like projectmatt wanted to ensure we were suspect of plague prior to leading into the next day.
In post 342, projectmatt wrote:wait how many mafia are there actually in this game? i want to also say charlou is scum for ego reasons
I'm super weary of questions with obvious answers in the thread opener, particularly when they ask about the scum team—numbers, roles, mechanics, etc. If the moderator has already provided the answers, and they are still readily-available, this just reads to me as an attempt to say, "Notice how I don't know how many scum mates there are because I'm not among them."

I'm not set on a lynch for today yet, but for now, VOTE: projectmatt.

Sesq's ISO is one I'll need to go through as well. I remember getting town reads on him, but many others seem to disagree for whatever reason. I'll work on that sometime soon. Know that I'm away from home today and may or may not have time to check the game on my phone.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 365, The_Jester wrote:I'm trying to assess whether Sesq's scum or just a bad player. Help?
I'm not too fond of Charloux but I don't think he's scummy. Not very helpful but also not scummy. I recall him making a few good points at the beginning, gotta reread.
Do you think it's likely for scum to vote their partner in RVS and stay parked like that? I know it's wifom territory but personally I don't think I'd do that. Sesq's unvote and attempt at a counter on Bella looks more suspicious imo.
@ecm, i just really liked this post, it was a lot of my thoughts.

if you aren't decided on a lynch, then why are you voting?

:twisted:
ECMitchell
ECMitchell
Townie
ECMitchell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by ECMitchell »

That's my way of saying, "Please slow today down by just a bit." :P I mainly want projectmatt to see I'm on him and get some more posts from him. If others want to weigh in on him too, by all means go ahead. The speed of Transcend's wagon alarmed me, and I don't want to see others forced to claim without even being the lynch consensus for the day.

Y'all playing speedy mafia.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I mean, it worked, we caught scum.

i'd still rather lynch intermission, but project matt is a vote i could go for.

Return to “Completed Open Games”