Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Are you an alt, Lucian?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 364, Aisa wrote:Will get around to talking about Dunn's posts pinging me tomorrow.
In post 339, Lucian wrote:I would also support an Aisa wagon happening. I don't like the fact that she seem to have a lot of townreads but is seemingly avoiding having scumreads.

I'd also like BBT's take on that slot.
What's scummy about that?
In post 362, furtiveglance wrote:I don't know anymore. Don't hammer before I come back, I'm going to bed.
? CSF's not particularly at risk of being hammered?
CSF was at 5 votes, and Enchant likes to hammer without warning as you saw when CSF got hammered as leader in Terminator. So CSF was at “Enchant-1”.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 372, Hiraki wrote:
In post 321, froggodoggo wrote:
In post 325, Gamma Emerald wrote:A bit astonishing you think I would be despite my join date.
i think you're town here (altho i am not good at that) and i'm confused at this flex
Should I explain?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Oops that’s broken
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 383, Enchant wrote:
In post 380, froggodoggo wrote:
In post 378, Enchant wrote:
In post 377, froggodoggo wrote:Enchant can I get a run down of your playstyle?
Depending on mood and interest.
Ah. Sorry that you didn’t roll SK ;)
Care to hop on a wagon?
It's not really about SK.

Need to think before i vote.
:/
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 387, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 313, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 305, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 303, Gamma Emerald wrote:THINK FURTIVE THINK!
WHY WOULD
I
TAKE NOTICE OF
YOU
TALKING ABOUT COLORS?
I do know, but I don't think you really have a point. If you think you do, you can share it with the group.

I'm going to let my votes do the talking.
as for this, I'll let Dunn/Enchant (well, really just Dunn!) determine whether more is said. I believe you that it's that way on your homesite but there's something else that makes the whole deal bothersome.
It sounds like getting the color would make them not a serial killer; Except that's easily fakeable, can be a genuine mistake even if they're a serial killer based on what they've said, and we don't even know if a serial killer is in the game. What is perhaps more interesting is that they seem to be accusing other players of being a serial killer instead of mafia.

So they said:
In post 301, furtiveglance wrote:Things are becoming clearer now. CSF/GE/Malakittens, ft. BBT/Dunnstral on drums as SK (possibly)
What is the reasoning for calling BBT/myself serial killer specifically? All they've explained it with is that they think we're suspicious, but they've never made that distinction, and they never go into why they think I am suspicious either.
This doesn’t make me feel any more confident furtive is scum but it does make me think Dunn is town
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 392, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Klick

I didn't like their arguing that Hiraki should decide the elimination and that we had info to work with because I think they know better than to push for that kind of thing on day 1. We would have little to work with if we did this. Further, I don't think that there is a lot of information to solve the game with right now and am surprised that they think otherwise, and that they are creating town/scum lists this early. Finally, I didn't like their wagon vote on CSF.
This
is sketchy though. You 100% know why I am with Klick on allowing Hiraki to dictate things.
<Embrace The Void>

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 405, Gamma Emerald wrote:This doesn’t make me feel any more confident furtive is scum but it does make me think Dunn is town
why?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 407, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 405, Gamma Emerald wrote:This doesn’t make me feel any more confident furtive is scum but it does make me think Dunn is town
why?
It looks like he honed in on what I was thinking of
But unless he comes up with a good reason to not let the IC drive things that townping is gonna get drowned out real fast!
<Embrace The Void>

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Hiraki doesn't seem like they want to dictate things, though, they seem like they want the day to play out normally. That wasn't really my point though, I think that Klick looks bad and no I don't know what you are talking about but you seem to be steering the conversation towards yourself which is also not what I was talking about.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don’t get the sense Hiraki is entirely against choosing the lim
I find it baffling you don’t know what I’m getting at given I full-on namedropped LLD earlier! Aside from that though, why does Klick “look bad”?
<Embrace The Void>

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I explained why
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Dunnstral
Yeah I’m not just gonna let you play dumb.
<Embrace The Void>

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by Klick »

I didn't like their arguing that Hiraki should decide the elimination and that we had info to work with because I think they know better than to push for that kind of thing on day 1. We would have little to work with if we did this. Further, I don't think that there is a lot of information to solve the game with right now and am surprised that they think otherwise, and that they are creating town/scum lists this early. Finally, I didn't like their wagon vote on CSF.
So I've stated townreads on four players, not including myself and the IC. I've explained the Gamma townread (and I think Gamma's interactions with you just now make it even more clear that Gamma is town). Froggo, Aisa, and Infinity are townreads that I have not explained. Are there any that you're curious about in particular, or is it just a general 'how does Klick have 4 townreads on Page 13' kind of thing?

I don't think the game would be stunted for info by any means if we decided to let Hiraki control the elimination. But I also think that even if it was, that doesn't really affect our chances of eliminating scum today that much. I suspect even low-info educated guesses are more accurate than a typical D1 elimination. (My favourite argument against doing this has been Infinity's 'I'd just like to play Mafia' comment, because I feel like it captures most people's actual issue with going with a sheeping plan - their own lack of agency over the situation).
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Klick »

I don't think Enchant is particularly scummy.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 413, Klick wrote:

So I've stated townreads on four players, not including myself and the IC. I've explained the Gamma townread (and I think Gamma's interactions with you just now make it even more clear that Gamma is town). Froggo, Aisa, and Infinity are townreads that I have not explained. Are there any that you're curious about in particular, or is it just a general 'how does Klick have 4 townreads on Page 13' kind of thing?

I don't think the game would be stunted for info by any means if we decided to let Hiraki control the elimination. But I also think that even if it was, that doesn't really affect our chances of eliminating scum today that much. I suspect even low-info educated guesses are more accurate than a typical D1 elimination. (My favourite argument against doing this has been Infinity's 'I'd just like to play Mafia' comment, because I feel like it captures most people's actual issue with going with a sheeping plan - their own lack of agency over the situation).
I don't like how fast you sorted people into town/willing to vote as I tend to think of you as somebody who plays things a bit slower, so it does feel like rushing to me. That and the fact that a lot of your reads here are not backed up by anything. I also think of you as somebody who would be saying "I'd like to play mafia" as well; and I don't think that having Hiraki dictate the elimination is that great of a play.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 412, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral
OK. I on the other hand have no issues with allowing you to do so.
froggodoggo
froggodoggo
he/him
Goon
froggodoggo
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:36 pm

Post by froggodoggo »

In post 416, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 412, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral
OK. I on the other hand have no issues with allowing you to do so.
What??????
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

UNVOTE:
I thought Dunn had this same stance in the other game I was referencing but he actually raised no objection to letting LLD dictate the D1 vote
<Embrace The Void>

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:56 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 415, Dunnstral wrote:I don't like how fast you sorted people into town/willing to vote as I tend to think of you as somebody who plays things a bit slower, so it does feel like rushing to me. That and the fact that a lot of your reads here are not backed up by anything. I also think of you as somebody who would be saying "I'd like to play mafia" as well; and I don't think that having Hiraki dictate the elimination is that great of a play.
The reason I typically play things slower is because most games move much faster than I can keep up with; in contrast, this game has been much more reasonably paced and I've been able to play in the moment a bit. Before the big spike in average game activity over the last couple of years, you'll see games from me that more closely match this pace. Part of this could also be that this is a Mini-sized game instead of a Large, so having opinions on 4-5 people feels a lot more substantial than it does in a larger game.

At the same time, I feel like we've got a decent amount of content so far from almost every slot. Mala and Enchant haven't really been around, but other than them I feel like everyone's had some amount of impact on the game so far. And I'm satisfied with the reads that I have developed. Aisa feels clearly town to me, so does Gamma. I'd be pretty impressed if froggo was scum. Infinity I'm a bit less confident in, but / both felt really good to me. For what we've got to work with, I'm happy with my reads.

What makes you think I'd typically rather play D1 normally than do something like follow Hiraki?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:13 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 373, Enchant wrote:Do you have questions to me?
no
In post 409, Dunnstral wrote:Hiraki doesn't seem like they want to dictate things, though, they seem like they want the day to play out normally.
i said this after so i don't like how this is phrased at all
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Aisa
Not certain she’s scum but given she feels different to Terminator, it’s worth a fair shake
<Embrace The Void>

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 419, Klick wrote:
In post 415, Dunnstral wrote:I don't like how fast you sorted people into town/willing to vote as I tend to think of you as somebody who plays things a bit slower, so it does feel like rushing to me. That and the fact that a lot of your reads here are not backed up by anything. I also think of you as somebody who would be saying "I'd like to play mafia" as well; and I don't think that having Hiraki dictate the elimination is that great of a play.
The reason I typically play things slower is because most games move much faster than I can keep up with; in contrast, this game has been much more reasonably paced and I've been able to play in the moment a bit. Before the big spike in average game activity over the last couple of years, you'll see games from me that more closely match this pace. Part of this could also be that this is a Mini-sized game instead of a Large, so having opinions on 4-5 people feels a lot more substantial than it does in a larger game.

At the same time, I feel like we've got a decent amount of content so far from almost every slot. Mala and Enchant haven't really been around, but other than them I feel like everyone's had some amount of impact on the game so far. And I'm satisfied with the reads that I have developed. Aisa feels clearly town to me, so does Gamma. I'd be pretty impressed if froggo was scum. Infinity I'm a bit less confident in, but / both felt really good to me. For what we've got to work with, I'm happy with my reads.

What makes you think I'd typically rather play D1 normally than do something like follow Hiraki?
This is pretty compelling reasoning for why you would be playing differently. I don't like how vague you've been with your townreads here.

UNVOTE:

I don't have any confident reads, also I'm not ready to end the day yet, the game just started.

I don't have a good answer for your last question, I just didn't think that you would push for that.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 420, Hiraki wrote:
In post 373, Enchant wrote:Do you have questions to me?
no
In post 409, Dunnstral wrote:Hiraki doesn't seem like they want to dictate things, though, they seem like they want the day to play out normally.
i said this after so i don't like how this is phrased at all
No... you didn't?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I take the above back, you did say that in . Not sure what you think is wrong with my post.

Return to “Completed Open Games”