Newbie 996 - Starting Small [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Black Mist
Black Mist
Townie
Black Mist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Black Mist »

Thank you Parama for addressing my post, and I was just curious as to how it fitted into the active lurking, defination you explained earlier on. Also you're answer doesn't nessicarily defend Moose, which in my mind doesn't place you two as a possible scumpair. Well for now anyway. Just because there can be lurking mafia and active mafia.

Well Moose, I do tend to point other things others may not see. Make hide and seek games very fun. But than again, you may be telling the truth and you may not be. So all in all we'll drop the active lurking for now and see how other things have turned out. However I do feel that a more analytical post on other players from you would be nice. As for Doc, haven't read into his post all that much yet.
- side note: snow is the best part of winter and I don't have a cute smile :p

And Jimfinn, you're doing something I don't really like. Will you please explain what permits you to see things the way I have layed them? Espeically since that was my first post and you voted me originally.
Show
Hello, I'm Black Mist.
-------------------------------------------
I have played a total of 3 games.
Game 1: Mod Disappeared
Game 2: Had to get replaced
Game 3: Mafia Keellled me N1
Game 4: Lynched Day 2
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by moose200x »

How odd, I honestly feel I've been the ONLY one trying to keep this game moving along. If you go back and read I have started almost every convo as of yet. CONVERSATION is towns biggest tool. Also, I was the one who prompted the biggest scum tell so far on Johan583.

Now, Jimmy boy, I wanna know from you, would you prefer to be mafia or town in your next game?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

:: VoteCount 1x2 ::

moose200x (1) -
jimfinn

chaodck (1) -
Johannes583

Doubtful (1) -
chaodck

Johannes583 (0) -
Black Mist (2) -
moose200x, Cliquey

jimfinn (1) -
drmyshottyizsik

Parama (0) -
drmyshottyizsik (1) -
Parama

Cliquey (1) -
Doubtful

Not Voting (1) -
Black Mist

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Welcome to the Network.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by moose200x »

Mist, I'm sure you have a very nice smile.

I am NOT analytical at all, Acutally, I am far from intelligent. I have good street smarts and problem solving skills but I fail at any type of typing or writing a paper.

If you notice I tend to type thoughts and then move on very quickly to another one. I don't organize my posts at all.

If you want a quick break down i'll be more than happy to post my little notes so far.

BlackMist: Claims she was busy or some crap. No read yet. Attempting to get phone number.

Chaodck: I hope he isn't mafia. He will need to be grilled by every town member every time he posts since he is going to be the least active.

Jimfinn- Seems like scum to me. Not sure why.

Shootmcdoctorguy- Pot head. Everyday toker. No clue as to which side he is on. Read the joahnes583 post for more.

Parama- This person thinks they are going to sit back and pick people off as they make each mistake. I am scared of this person if they are scum.

Cliquey- No clue. Not aggresive. Seems to be more pre-occupied with other games or life perhaps. I DONT metagame.

Doubtful- Super afker.

Johannes583- Here we go. Best read on anyone as of yet. Post #25= Scum slip? Joke? Hmmm. I don't like it! Now, what is most important to me in this is post #28. Drshottysic, IMO, is "Coaching" his scum partner here. He is genuinely angry at the slip and is trying to point out what he did wrong w/o saying what he did wrong. This person's post I will re-read a few times and comment on EVERY SINGLE POST this player makes the rest of the game.

My top 3 suspects atm are: Drmyshottyizsic, Johannes583 and Jimfinn.

If Jimfinn is guilty tho, i'd say his partner is blackmist.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

@ Moose, so I am at the top of your list because I smoke pot like five times a year?
If you vote me it will be straight up OMGUS
#freeShotty
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Parama »

unvote, vote: jimfinn

Moose is not active lurking. Get that through your brain.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by jimfinn »

So discussing things like personal life and whether certain other players may or may not be attractive based primarily on their nationality is not a form of active lurking? That's news to me. Either way, I'll
unvote
since Moose has finally posted content.

And as Moose so kindly drew to my attention, yes Dr.'s #28 does feel a bit like coaching or at least trying to appear "too town", so I'll VOTE: DocShot
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Black Mist
Black Mist
Townie
Black Mist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Black Mist »

I missed something in my first post about Cliquey. (See what I mean about the spoiler tags?) How can you be certain that Moose is town? If you mean metagaming, I don't think that warnts anything in this game. Makes a possible scumpair Moose and Cliquey

And you say you aren't analytical, to me that voices your opinions on the game very well. I've also noticed how you placed me with Jimfinn, but I am not on your list of suspects, shouldn't I be on there as well if I'm partnered with someone believed to be scum?
-side note Honestly was busy with RL. I'd offer you photos, but the only picture my friend has is on her phone and she's gone. Beside it was too dark to see me in the tree.

Doc, why not give yourself a more solid based? I'm currently reviewing the thread and making notes so I can get a better grip on the game. And if that's the best you can come up with when under the gun, it doesn't look good for you.

Jimfinn, yet again you jump on another person's reasoning. I'm worried that either your lost or scum
Show
Hello, I'm Black Mist.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by moose200x »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:@ Moose, so I am at the top of your list because I smoke pot like five times a year?
If you vote me it will be straight up OMGUS

Nope, you actually not at the top just one of the three. And the reason you're scummy is I took post #28 as coaching.

Love the posts guys, keep em coming!
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:58 pm

Parama wrote:
unvote, vote: jimfinn

Moose is not active lurking. Get that through your brain.
He is very right about this, it seems like active lurking is one of the only ways you know to call, and get others to think someone is scum. Don't oush so hard, especially when you aren't right about what you are pushing, that sir is scummy.
Jim wrote:So discussing things like personal life and whether certain other players may or may not be attractive based primarily on their nationality is not a form of active lurking? That's news to me. Either way, I'll unvote since Moose has finally posted content.

And as Moose so kindly drew to my attention, yes Dr.'s #28 does feel a bit like coaching or at least trying to appear "too town", so I'll VOTE: DocShot
About the first paragraph of the post. No it's not, we are slowly coming out of an RVS and getting to know the people you are playing with better builds a better game.
And about the second paragraph, I am an SE in a newby game sorry if I'm a bit coachy, but I have play quite a few games. Also what is wrong with being very town(BTW no one has ever voted me for that)? If I "appear"
too town then why emidietly jump to the conclusion that I am scum? How about you scum hunt yourself instead of jumping on other peoples ideas and piggy backing your way to a mislynch?
You have already shown me four big scum tells/slips man.
1. Misrepping someone and continueing to do it.
2. Wagoning with no reason other then agreeing with what some one else said.
3. Trying to push the he is too town thing.
4. Jumping on one person, but right as someone has a lukritive idea about something someone else is doing that is a bit fishy, jumping right onto them.
Unvote
Vote:Jim

~Quote tags fixed.
Last edited by kunkstar7 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#freeShotty
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by jimfinn »

@Doc: Regarding my comments about you being too town, that is because you seemed to being trying too hard to appear town (e.g. saying things like "you don't want to jokingly claim scum") that certainly have the ring of a scum who wants to act like he is helping the town but really is saying something unlikely to ever be needed again this game that it doesn't really help the town that much.

As a newer player formerly used to f2f mafia, I'm still trying to get used to the day start and not being able to scumhunt based on night actions; D1 scumhunting is rather difficult for me. I certainly don't want a lynch, especially not on p3 of D1, I'm just pointing out comparatively scummy actions in the hope of starting discussion and moving past the RVS.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:06 pm

jimfinn wrote:@Doc: Regarding my comments about you being too town, that is because you seemed to being trying too hard to appear town (e.g. saying things like "you don't want to jokingly claim scum")
I only said that because in a game I am in(I'll send you a link when it ends) I did that and I was town, but it ended VERY!!!!! badly.

~Quote tags fixed.
Last edited by kunkstar7 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#freeShotty
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by moose200x »

Black Mist wrote:I missed something in my first post about Cliquey. (See what I mean about the spoiler tags?) How can you be certain that Moose is town? If you mean metagaming, I don't think that warnts anything in this game. Makes a possible scumpair Moose and Cliquey

And you say you aren't analytical, to me that voices your opinions on the game very well. I've also noticed how you placed me with Jimfinn, but I am not on your list of suspects, shouldn't I be on there as well if I'm partnered with someone believed to be scum?
-side note Honestly was busy with RL. I'd offer you photos, but the only picture my friend has is on her phone and she's gone. Beside it was too dark to see me in the tree.

Doc, why not give yourself a more solid based? I'm currently reviewing the thread and making notes so I can get a better grip on the game. And if that's the best you can come up with when under the gun, it doesn't look good for you.

Jimfinn, yet again you jump on another person's reasoning. I'm worried that either your lost or scum
Very nice post. You've pointed out that Jim is in deep deep trouble early in the game. You say the good ol' doc claims to be town but doesn't really have anyway to back that up. You also said you'd send me photos. Interesting. You must really hate your smile if you want to make someone NOT think it's pretty. First girl i've ever heard do that LoL.

Ok, I agree with every part of this post except that I'd have to include you as Jimmy's partner. It's a hunch. No basis at all.

Good job on the note taking.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by moose200x »

I am shocked you are allowed to share outside gamertags/id's/screen names while in game! I never knew that
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by moose200x »

I guess that last post was fail sicne you have no clue what I mean. In docshotty's game before he told a member to meet him on kongrate or something. gave his username too.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Oh ya
Kooldude2294 on kongregate hit me up
my and Prox got to know each other that way, and haylen, just as long as you don't talk about an ongoing name on kongregate
#freeShotty
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by moose200x »

Oh of course man, i wasnt accusing you of cheating. I just figured that was wrong.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:17 pm

well I wasn't Mod killed for it so I think I'm good.
so Moose how do you feel about my post against Jim
#freeShotty
Black Mist
Black Mist
Townie
Black Mist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Black Mist »

Doc, the metagaming isn't really going to work. As not everyone plays the same and metagaming can get a person in even more trouble than they would by themselves. I personally feel my style hasn't been developed and tricks of the trade aren't in my nature. But I also see that your points are strong against Jimfinn. And I can agree with some of them. Again though, the newbie card makes me reluclent to place my vote.

Jim, at this point I believe that there is enough content for you to get a feel of how to scumhunt and to see the RVS is past. If you don't really know how to do that, read the posts, make notes and reason them. It's very simple. The newbie card will work for now, but I offically have you down as a FoS.

Flattery isn't going to make me think your town. Summerization of my post wasn't really nesscary, was it? But you said that if Jim was gulity, that would make you believe that I'd be his partner, henceforth the the partnered thing.
- side note: I have none :p And it's awful.
Show
Hello, I'm Black Mist.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:25 pm

@Mist, the only prob;em I have with th noob card is that he says he plays face 2 face, and that really gives you more expirience then online
#freeShotty
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by moose200x »

I'm stoned blacky mcmist, so kinda spacey right now :)

And i always flirt with girls cuz I think if you can make a lady smile it'll brighten everyones day.... i mean shit, who doesnt like to here they are attractive.
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by moose200x »

what postr you want me to read shotgun?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:28 pm

and Making ladies smile is great, but only if theyre pretty
#freeShotty
moose200x
moose200x
Mafia Scum
moose200x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by moose200x »

All women are pretty :)

I agree with the nooby card he has experience so throw that card out the window. Wait, did mist say he was a noob and defended him? HMmmmmm

I think your #59 post was correct with a tad of OMGUS throw in.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:40 pm

moose200x wrote:All women are pretty :)

I agree with the nooby card he has experience so throw that card out the window. Wait, did mist say he was a noob and defended him? HMmmmmm

I think your #59 post was correct with a tad of OMGUS throw in.
Thats far, and yes he did deffend him. I motion that the scum team may be Jim and Mist, do I have a second?
#freeShotty

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”