sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:29 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 524, Herodotus wrote:@sottyrulez, in chronological order:
I didn't say you said that, but your words "easy and terrible wagon" do suggest that you "seem to be reacting as if my kthxbye vote followed suspicion or votes from large numbers of players."

It's a wagon I've counted three supporters for at least when I said that. When assessing your scumminess relative to that wagon, I'm not asserting WHERE your suspicion came, but how it came.

Your attempt to make it about where it came is you trying to turn the argument into something that's easier to defeat.

In post 524, Herodotus wrote:
Can you go into more detail about your POE?

I could post some of the towntells I've found about each player, but no, I couldn't post everything that was going through my mind at the time that I did my reading.

I'm going to have to assume that's because you're full of it.

In post 524, Herodotus wrote:When I voted kthxbye on day 1, it was a joke and not because I thought he was scum. This was clear from what you quoted and bolded. There isn't any direct connection to my current vote on him, which is not a joke. I doubt anyone understands what you're trying to say about that.

So what's your point here? That you weren't taking the game seriously on page 14? That we shouldn't take your joke seriously and use it to analyze your alignment?

Explain the town motivation for unvoting in fear of a VCA later in the game. Who the hell EVEN thinks about that as town at that point in the game?

In post 524, Herodotus wrote:If the word "pad" applies to anything, it's your post 522, which takes big irrelevant quotes without trying to apply them. (Is it your intention to draw the votes from your scumbuddy kthxbye onto yourself? Then he's a scum PR, while you're a goon. Thanks for letting us know.)

Who said that the scum even have power roles? As far as I know that's not a certainty. (Maybe
you know
they exist.)
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:47 am

Post by Jabberwock »

Dodging the prod for the other head. I think I'll be able to sneak in some time to look at this thread, otherwise, will have to be after Saturday.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:04 am

Post by d3x »

Allow me to clarify why that sounds like TownKthx to me. As Town moreso than Scum, he is paranoid as fuck. He likes things stated clearly, not alluded to {eh, Feysal?}. If there is something being said in thread but isn't explicitly stated, he usually will try and out the info. As Scum, I think he'd be much less likely to try and get the beans spilled, he'd just sit back and kill whomever was obvTown out of the exchange once Night fell.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:06 am

Post by Herodotus »

In post 525, sottyrulez wrote:
I didn't say you said that, but your words "easy and terrible wagon" do suggest that you "seem to be reacting as if my kthxbye vote followed suspicion or votes from large numbers of players."

It's a wagon I've counted three supporters for at least when I said that. When assessing your scumminess relative to that wagon, I'm not asserting WHERE your suspicion came, but how it came.

When you said that, there were two, but whatever.
Did you intend to make any such assessment, or only the assertion? A long, long time ago, in a game forgotten and probably not even in the archives today, someone once said:
That's not how this works. If you're opposed to the wagon and you're trying to stop people from supporting his lynch, you have to explain why it's a bad wagon.
It applies equally as much to a chainsaw defense as to any other defense.

In post 525, sottyrulez wrote:Your attempt to make it about where it came is you trying to turn the argument into something that's easier to defeat.

There's nothing to defeat because you didn't make any argument. I was commenting on your reaction. Now you're trying to turn things from a mention of your own scummy reaction into a counterargument.

In post 524, Herodotus wrote:When I voted kthxbye on day 1, it was a joke and not because I thought he was scum. This was clear from what you quoted and bolded. There isn't any direct connection to my current vote on him, which is not a joke. I doubt anyone understands what you're trying to say about that.

So what's your point here? That you weren't taking the game seriously on page 14? That we shouldn't take your joke seriously and use it to analyze your alignment?

You're the one who brought it up, in your fluff of a post 522. Since you quoted it as if trying to show that it was relevant, I decided to describe the coincidence.

In post 525, sottyrulez wrote:Explain the town motivation for unvoting in fear of a VCA later in the game. Who the hell EVEN thinks about that as town at that point in the game?

Accuracy. (Although I doubt that it would matter, as most VCA I've ever seen would probably treat a single vote similar to "not voting", but regardless, it was more accurate for me to be reflected as "not voting".)
I can see how scum can fear VCA, but it was clear that I wasn't trying to lynch kthxbye, so I chose to have my vote reflect how I was feeling. How does that help scum to avoid being caught by VCA?

In post 524, Herodotus wrote:If the word "pad" applies to anything, it's your post 522, which takes big irrelevant quotes without trying to apply them. (Is it your intention to draw the votes from your scumbuddy kthxbye onto yourself? Then he's a scum PR, while you're a goon. Thanks for letting us know.)

Who said that the scum even have power roles? As far as I know that's not a certainty. (Maybe
you know
they exist.)

Both times I have seen scum intentionally act scummy, it was while a partner was being wagoned, and they were a goon while the partner taking heat was a PR. I don't know whether they exist, but this does provide a good (if very speculative) explanation for your play.

The next good explanation is that you are prematurely white-knighting for a townie. Either suggests you are scum.

UNVOTE: VOTE: sottyrulez
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Holy omgus batman!
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Kthxbye »

more when I get to a computer
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:39 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm going to have a good look at sotty and kthx today.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 am

Post by BBmolla »

Hey let's lynch d3x
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 532, BBmolla wrote:Hey let's lynch d3x

That's your catch-up post?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

Yes and I'm saying that's crap because we never suggested that. We just suggested your jump on was crap. So far you haven't proved me wrong.

In post 524, Herodotus wrote:There isn't any direct connection to my current vote on him, which is not a joke.

Fair enough, the joke vote is still crap but whatever. What happened between the joke vote and the real vote, what did they do to make you suspicious or are you literally just saying that you are doing nothing but town hunting here? The vote is weak.

In post 524, Herodotus wrote:(Is it your intention to draw the votes from your scumbuddy kthxbye onto yourself? Then he's a scum PR, while you're a goon. Thanks for letting us know.)

lol

If you ever believed this there in no way you would unvote kthx and then vote us.
Especially
with what you believe about the game set up.

In post 524, Herodotus wrote:I wrote all of my reasons. In any argument, there will be some stronger and some weaker reasons to believe in an idea. OMGUS is weak. The fishing point about 503 is strong. The inconsistency about Gummy is moderate. POE depends on whether one is right about the other players.

I'm stating right now that POE on day two in an active town is a terribly weak vote and considering we
already
had big suspicion of you, it just piled right on.

In post 528, Herodotus wrote:There's nothing to defeat because you didn't make any argument. I was commenting on your reaction. Now you're trying to turn things from a mention of your own scummy reaction into a counterargument.

...What? Can you explain this thought clearly right now, because to me it looks like you are doing exactly what you are accusing us of doing and it is kinda blowing my mind. I want to know if I am understanding you clearly before I start ringing the bells.

In post 528, Herodotus wrote:
Both times I have seen scum intentionally act scummy, it was while a partner was being wagoned, and they were a goon while the partner taking heat was a PR. I don't know whether they exist, but this does provide a good (if very speculative) explanation for your play.

The next good explanation is that you are prematurely white-knighting for a townie. Either suggests you are scum.

If you are going to talk about examples you are going to have to quote them.

Also you cannot have it both ways, you just can't. It shows you are just not willing to listen to reason or logic and that you are willing to make anything into a scum tell for us and that's just bullshit. So which is it? Take a stand. Are we scum defending kthx or is k town? I refuse to let you sit on the fence like this and that allows you to come after us no matter what K flips even though your suspicion of us has come though him.

~Sotty
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by Feysal »

Today I finally took the time to look at d3x's meta. Whether I need to turn in my scumhunter license remains to be seen, but I have trouble finding any difference between his play here and the town game CES linked to. If anything his play seems different compared to a third game where he was town, but since he was vigged there by scum on page three, he did not live long enough for the comparison to be meaningful. This reduces my suspicion of him by a fair bit. I still find his accusation against me weird, but it is so strange it looks more like an actual misread than an attempt to discredit me. Having looked at him closer now, I am in fact leaning toward d3x being town.

On Herodotus and sottyrulez, I get the feeling that their argument is over semantics. I don't know why there should be a huge difference between where a vote came from and how it came to be for instance. Also, I have to say that I had a similar thought as Herodotus did at the end of yesterday when I noticed I had forgotten my vote on him despite my suspicion having eroded. On the other hand I have also changed my vote for VCA reasons as scum, said so out loud and gotten in trouble for it. I think that point should be null.

I don't think I'm going to vote either d3x or Herodotus today. I'd rather go with this.

VOTE: GummyBear

Simply put, d3x makes a valid point about GB calling CES the second best lynch after consistently defending his slot.

I don't think I have any analysis to offer on the setup after the night kill. Given the strange win conditions there will be something odd about this game, but I'm not as sure as I was on what it is. We will find out later, I hope.
GummyBear
GummyBear
Goon
GummyBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by GummyBear »

It was a good lynch, yes. When there's 36 hours left in the day, you kiiiiind of need to do something other than a no-lynch, and with no CES in sight, what else would you have proposed to do? Bad wagon, "good" lynch.

Yeesh.

Also, I swear to GOD Hero, stop derping or you will seriously lose this game for us.

Brb with more opinions.

~singer
GummyBear
GummyBear
Goon
GummyBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by GummyBear »

Oh.

Ok.

Blindly sheeping CES because that's preeetty much where quadz and I are right now.

+1.

vote: d3x

~singer
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I'm not particularly interested in lynching kthx or sotty today.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vote Count 2.4

d3x (4)
– DeasVail, Jabberwock, BBmolla, Gummybear
Herodotus (2)
– d3x, Sottyrulez
kthxbye (1)
– Rob13
Sottyrulez (1)
- Herodotus
Gummybear (1)
- Feysal

Not Voting (1)
- kthxbye

Deadline: Saturday January 26 @ 11:00 PM Eastern
Countdown: (expired on 2013-01-26 23:00:00)
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:15 am

Post by Herodotus »

In post 534, sottyrulez wrote:We just suggested your jump on was crap. So far you haven't proved me wrong.
Maybe that's what you meant. But you still haven't explained calling the wagon either "easy" or "terrible".
My vote was based on four reasons which you can find in post 518. The first two reasons are good, the third is weak but still worth mentioning, and the last is illogical but may as well have been stated. I don't see how you could possibly find my vote worse than Rob's, if you consider my reasons inadequate.

In post 534, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 528, Herodotus wrote:There's nothing to defeat because you didn't make any argument. I was commenting on your reaction. Now you're trying to turn things from a mention of your own scummy reaction into a counterargument.

...What? Can you explain this thought clearly right now, because to me it looks like you are doing exactly what you are accusing us of doing and it is kinda blowing my mind. I want to know if I am understanding you clearly before I start ringing the bells.
The way I see it, in order, is:
(Gummy is voting kth)
Me: votes kth for some reasons you apparently don't like
(Rob agrees and votes kth)
(Gummy unvotes kth)
sottyrulez: kth wagon is easy and terrible, Herodotus's support of it is scummy.
kthx: So far all I see is "people are suspicious of kthx, I am too" from you. Why do you think I'm scum?
Me: {My impressions:
sottyrulez is saying I'm scummy for joining an "easy" (presumably meaning popular, or already pushed) wagon? And kthx is accusing me of following "people" (plural)? They're both pushing similar misrepresentations, I wonder why.
} (Make a public note of this.) (State full reasons why I suspected kthxby is scum.)
You: We didn't actually say that, {additional stuff}
Me: No, but what you said suggests it. {response to additional stuff}
You: I'm not talking where you joined, but how. You're trying to turn the argument into something easier to defeat. {response to additional stuff}
Me: What argument? (At this point all you've said about the reasons for my vote is that you're assuming the POE didn't happen.) I was noting something unusual about the responses by you and kthx, separately from any point you may wish to make. {response to additional stuff}

Now, I'm reinterpreting what you're saying. So please clarify: the "wagon is easy and terrible" wasn't supposed to be a reason why my "support is scummy"? What does the word "easy" mean in this context? I can think of no interpretation of the word as applied to a wagon other than to imply that people are bandwagoning lazily.

Also, could you comment on kthx's response? To me it looks like he was misrepresenting my vote as sheeping.

In post 528, Herodotus wrote:

If you are going to talk about examples you are going to have to quote them.
DrippingGoofball in PYP 5 almost explicitly says she isn't town in the linked post because her team's RB is under attack.
MagnaofIllusion in Open 261

In post 524, Herodotus wrote:(Is it your intention to draw the votes from your scumbuddy kthxbye onto yourself? Then he's a scum PR, while you're a goon. Thanks for letting us know.)

lol

If you ever believed this there in no way you would unvote kthx and then vote us.
The part in parentheses is a jump to conclusions / one possible theory. I did state another. In general, it's a bad, and often scummy, idea to hold the suspicious acts of one player (you) as a major reason to lynch another (kthxbye) while the first is still unflipped, unless lynching the first isn't an option.

In post 534, sottyrulez wrote:Also you cannot have it both ways, you just can't. It shows you are just not willing to listen to reason or logic and that you are willing to make anything into a scum tell for us and that's just bullshit. So which is it? Take a stand. Are we scum defending kthx or is k town? I refuse to let you sit on the fence like this and that allows you to come after us no matter what K flips even though your suspicion of us has come though him.
I don't know. Let me turn this around: people found Magister's page 1 defense of Feysal suspicious, without knowing Feysal's alignment. I don't need to have a singular and certain theory of the reasons why you reacted the way you did to find it suspicious.

In post 534, sottyrulez wrote:I'm stating right now that POE on day two in an active town is a terribly weak vote
False, it can be used at any time.
Step 1: Acquire townreads.
Step 2: Vote someone who isn't a townread.
Step 3: See whether the person you voted becomes a townread or someone else starts to look scummier. If yes, go to step 2.
Step 4: Lynch.

In post 535, Feysal wrote:Simply put, d3x makes a valid point about GB calling CES the second best lynch after consistently defending his slot.
What does scum-Gummy gain from changing to support a CES lynch after it was already decided? It didn't make any difference to whether the mislynch would occur.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Herodotus »

tl;dr:
I interpret sottyrulez's post 514 as an accusation toward me of bandwagoning, and I think they dispute that interpretation. I don't see any other reasonable meaning behind the word "easy"; to me it looks very clear. But my last post asks for clarification ot their alternate explanation.

The same problem holds for kthxbye post 517, but I have temporarily lost focus on them.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Kthxbye »

I'm not a hydra. I also think every single one of the players in this game could be scum. My reads, though wrong sometimes, are usually something I don't doubt. I don't like this game. It seems that the active players could all be town and the scum lurking/actively lurking. I could also read this game the opposite and say those most active are scum. I don't like not having a read.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:22 am

Post by Kthxbye »

For the record, I'm a complete and utter idiot who has very low reading comprehension....

I also just now realized why people thought I was so scummy. /facepalm Wish I could go into it more without giving scum more info than they should have, but townies, just trust that my reading comprehension skillz, or lack thereof, have made my posting look crazy to you all.

I'm going with gut and a little bit more and
VOTE: d3x
kill this with fire
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Kthxbye »

drowning it would also be acceptable
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:33 am

Post by Herodotus »

Trusting is hard, but it doesn't look like you're going to be lynched.
What I'd like from you is to know why you used the plural in "
people
are suspicious of kthx, I am too". If you'd said "Gummy is..." I could understand where you were coming from, even though I would disagree with your point. Did you feel that multiple people were attacking you before I voted you?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:42 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Not so much attacking more than I now understand why I got votes from GB, you and Rob. Though unintentional, I guess it's now a positive thing that I didn't read things clearly and posted the way I did. I now have some good town reads.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:10 am

Post by Rob14 »

Unvote

Hell if I know where to place it, though. Let's go with PoE. Here are my current reads:

Town:
Jabber
Gummy
Hero
DV

Lean Town:
d3x (don't get why everyone's all over him, don't think he's scum)
Kthx (his last post was kind of the reaction I was looking to see if he was town, but it could also be faked)

Null or Slight Scum:
Feysal (used to be a scum read, but that's weakened - he's lurked like hell recently)
Sotty (this has been null mostly all game, pretty much)
Molla (was a scum read, but I can't see scum playing the way he has - still possible)

Let's go for...

Vote: sotty
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:20 am

Post by Kthxbye »

d3x is L-1 by the by. I'm also damned near positive he's flipping scum. Less on gut (which has been there all along) but more on certain posts of his.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 am

Post by Rob14 »

Move kthx to my strong town list and d3x to my null-scum. I think I just saw what you saw.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”