DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 2:40 am

Post by DArby »

In post 520, Val89 wrote: Excellent.

Now, just to clarify, does that vote mean you are dropping your scumread on Rosen?
Not really. As I said earlier, I doubt both of you are scum. If you flip red then it’ll be easier to townread Rosen.
If you spell my name as D’Arby. You get a free pocket from me for one (1) game.

Offer only valid once game ends and is only valid that game. Terms and conditions apply.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 2:42 am

Post by DArby »

In post 522, Rosenator wrote:
In post 518, DArby wrote: I’m willing to give Rosen a chance on the condition you flip.
this is an interesting statement! i was convinced you'd rather sack us both if you had the chance. in fact, i'm STILL convinced of that.

says otherwise.

Offer only valid once game ends and is only valid that game. Terms and conditions apply.
GreedyBanger
GreedyBanger
He/They
Goon
GreedyBanger
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 7:38 am

Post by GreedyBanger »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Rose

Back to here by default after KJQ started looking better and my open sheep to the wagon saw enough and got off. Not voting Val today.
GreedyBanger
GreedyBanger
He/They
Goon
GreedyBanger
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 7:38 am

Post by GreedyBanger »

UNVOTE:

Back to here by default after KJQ started looking better and my open sheep to the wagon saw enough and got off. Not voting Val today.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 7:43 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

How did I start looking better when I was posting in a delusional state…that’s a very sad realization about my game when I’m fully functioning damn lol
GreedyBanger
GreedyBanger
He/They
Goon
GreedyBanger
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 7:53 am

Post by GreedyBanger »

In post 531, KayJayQueue wrote: How did I start looking better when I was posting in a delusional state…that’s a very sad realization about my game when I’m fully functioning damn lol
When you first came into the game you jumped on alyssa and then kind of got stuck waiting for a response. I though alyssa was clearly the worse wagon between rose and alyssa but backed off from dealing with you directly on it to let you have your interaction with them.

Then because you were stuck it seemed like you were resting waiting for one interaction so I was happy to jump on your wagon. But I can see in hindsight it was just awkward timing with the slot going inactive. Now you are trying to kill people I want to kill and are interacting more across the board my initial read in obsolete.
Rosenator
Rosenator
they/them
Townie
Rosenator
they/them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 8:43 am

Post by Rosenator »

In post 532, GreedyBanger wrote:
In post 531, KayJayQueue wrote: How did I start looking better when I was posting in a delusional state…that’s a very sad realization about my game when I’m fully functioning damn lol
When you first came into the game you jumped on alyssa and then kind of got stuck waiting for a response. I though alyssa was clearly the worse wagon between rose and alyssa but backed off from dealing with you directly on it to let you have your interaction with them.

Then because you were stuck it seemed like you were resting waiting for one interaction so I was happy to jump on your wagon. But I can see in hindsight it was just awkward timing with the slot going inactive. Now you are trying to kill people I want to kill and are interacting more across the board my initial read in obsolete.
what's your take on her vote against Val between all that?
GreedyBanger
GreedyBanger
He/They
Goon
GreedyBanger
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 9:29 am

Post by GreedyBanger »

In post 533, Rosenator wrote:

Misguided but reasonable
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 9:37 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

its time to catch up. from like page 12. fuck,
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 10:46 am

My brain is not in a mafia mood right now but need to get through this eventually.
In post 325, Shinless wrote: So with Rose there are a few things that stand out

The e-1 vote, the cop thing, the claim, and as someone pointed out (DArby I think) rose referred to a post of KJQ as being "cryptic" when it really was not at all.

So I can see val as scum in this context maybe, but it seems a bit risky?
Val, did the "cryptic" thing i mentioned change your thoughts on rose at all?
This one isn't sure it understands what you're going for here? Don't know how scum!Val is valid in this context.

It also feels to me like KJQ is (or rather, was?) getting wrapped up in the connotations of specific terminology used by a player who doesn't
quite
understand the meanings precisely yet. from Val is a very good post and it shows, to me, that Val fully understands the mindset that Rose is probably working with, and that came BEFORE the KJQ post.
In post 360, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 359, Val89 wrote:
In post 356, Hu Tao wrote: Val you write so much. It's hard to read all your stuff if I'm being honest
I'm sorry you feel that way. I think you write too little.

Should I take the fact you still wont tell me the name of a single slot you had in mind when you said "I've caught scum doing this before", it's an implicit "trust me bro"? Because I've going to continue to assume that it was a lie if so.

I'm practically
begging
you to make me look stupid and get me shut up here. Please?
If I was scum, I would entertain you, but luckily I am not so I feel no reason to. You're being pretty dramatic tbh. But that could just be your personality so not sure what to think. Let's say if I was confirmed town right now, how would that change your view on the game?
This reeks. This suuuuuper reeks and idk why HT is just completely failing to cooperate here. This one wanted to say "noooo wayyyy HT gaming???" to her maneuver, and it did, but the hype is long since faded because with some hindsight it doesn't really SAY anything about Alyssa, and HT is just bullshitting her way out of actually saying what scum she supposedly caught with the tactic. It bugs me!!! Alot!!!
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 10:47 am

In post 414, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 388, Shinless wrote: Hu, is there a benefit for town for not providing the example val has been asking for?

Is it just that you have played stacks of games and can't be bothered trawling through them if you don't have to? Is so why not just say that?
I can't be bothered, but it's fun seeing how Val would react. And I did end up saying that
This one is assuming it's a giant bluff until it sees the PROOF.
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 10:51 am

Also this one is designating Val as Mood Kindred, because it feels a lot of his pain this game it feels like.
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 10:58 am

Nothing else to say about posts in particular, but this one still vibes with Val's posts a lot.
Get To Know A Doll
GreedyBanger
GreedyBanger
He/They
Goon
GreedyBanger
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 11:01 am

Post by GreedyBanger »

Erinys, anybody you'd like to fade other than Alyssa?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 11:12 am

Post by Val89 »

I am giving at go at not making detailed wall posts outlining all the points in minute detail, so here is an attempt at TLDRing my problems with D'Arby:

I don't understand his progression from to - "We should investigate shin more; Shin/Alyssa is interesting but I need to know Alyssa's experiance", to "I agree with Shin's side of the argument that Alyssa's" when Shin never posts between the two - although there is the Hu Tao pivot, and he is feeling out Greedy on what half of that 'argument' they are on. I think the pop back 20 mins later after answering Alysaa at feels weird in a 'been thinking about how this progression might appear when people look back later' kind of way.

I found very odd the progression between "I’d rather Hu build a case against herself while we sort the rest of town" to "As we had a game that just ended 5 minutes ago, this is a hard town read now" and back to "Hu is now a null read again" which is a huge swing on what was the
lightest
of pushback from a new player who could instantly realise why the justification for being 'hard town' was poor. Describing a single vote on Hu Tao as "putting all our eggs in one basket" in stuck me as a touch oversensitive.

I don't want to re-litigate it again unless I have to, but I felt his arguments against why Alyssa's early attempt to move out of RVS with Shin was scummy AND his pushing on Rosen for with Kay have been pretty poor, based on widely out-there interpretations of pretty straight-forward, but perhaps poorly-expressed, concepts like a page 2 "let's look at the slots that chose to make a different rvs vote rather than join the obvious joke-wagon", and "I can see reasons why scum!Val might try and pocket me, but also I can see a possible town motivation, so maybe I should just treat it as null overall".

I think that has then been used to cast a wide-net over the idea of as many permutations of scum Val and Rosen as possible: maybe I am scum pocketing town!Rosen, maybe I'm town blindly following scum!Rosen, maybe in fact we are both scum together in a bold wifom strategy - making it so either wagon could be justifiable, and either green flip matters not, adjust as needed. All while doing that, he's tried to hide me to a higher standard - I should have a single scum read at a time or else be solving for the team, etc.

Happy to go into any of this in more detail if I need to; but I am realising my problems playing mafia are not with my read accuracy, but with expressing myself in a way that's understandable to others, so I'll try this approach and not blurge it all at once.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 11:27 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 530, GreedyBanger wrote: UNVOTE:

having been scum with Kay a few times, they can look very clueless and pass as town
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 11:37 am

In post 540, GreedyBanger wrote: Erinys, anybody you'd like to fade other than Alyssa?
Warming up to a Hu Tao wagon, need to crawl through some ISOs and get a refresher on what everyone's been up to otherwise.
Get To Know A Doll
Rosenator
Rosenator
they/them
Townie
Rosenator
they/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 11:39 am

Post by Rosenator »

In post 534, GreedyBanger wrote:
In post 533, Rosenator wrote:

Misguided but reasonable
i think it was quite guided, actually. from my view, Kay wanted to join the wagon that was happening when she replaced into the game, but wanted to know more about it - hence the pressure on Val to get some more from him. however; Val's perspective on me is unique to him and i think it'd come across as "doubling down" to other players since he reiterates similar points.

this also gave her some time to separate from the possible counter-wagon as pointed out in 412.
In post 542, geraintm wrote: having been scum with Kay a few times, they can look very clueless and pass as town
you mean like what she's admitted to many times this game? she must go on plane trips often if that's true
Rosenator
Rosenator
they/them
Townie
Rosenator
they/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 11:41 am

Post by Rosenator »

In post 543, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 540, GreedyBanger wrote: Erinys, anybody you'd like to fade other than Alyssa?
Warming up to a Hu Tao wagon, need to crawl through some ISOs and get a refresher on what everyone's been up to otherwise.
i've read enough of HT's posts that i'd eliminate her on the grounds of being hard to read by sake of brevity (if you never say anything, you'll never let slip you're scum!)
VOTE: Hu Tao
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 11:42 am

In post 545, Rosenator wrote:
i've read enough of HT's posts that i'd eliminate her on the grounds of being hard to read by sake of brevity (if you never say anything, you'll never let slip you're scum!)
...?
Get To Know A Doll
GreedyBanger
GreedyBanger
He/They
Goon
GreedyBanger
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 11:45 am

Post by GreedyBanger »

In post 546, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
...?
Offering that one brownies if they would help nuke Rose from orbit.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 11:46 am

In post 547, GreedyBanger wrote:
In post 546, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
...?
Offering that one brownies if they would help nuke Rose from orbit.
Will think about it. Trying my hardest to give Rose the benefit of the doubt but OOF
Get To Know A Doll
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2024 11:46 am

Post by DArby »

In post 541, Val89 wrote: I am giving at go at not making detailed wall posts outlining all the points in minute detail, so here is an attempt at TLDRing my problems with D'Arby:

I don't understand his progression from to - "We should investigate shin more; Shin/Alyssa is interesting but I need to know Alyssa's experiance", to "I agree with Shin's side of the argument that Alyssa's" when Shin never posts between the two - although there is the Hu Tao pivot, and he is feeling out Greedy on what half of that 'argument' they are on. I think the pop back 20 mins later after answering Alysaa at feels weird in a 'been thinking about how this progression might appear when people look back later' kind of way.

I found very odd the progression between "I’d rather Hu build a case against herself while we sort the rest of town" to "As we had a game that just ended 5 minutes ago, this is a hard town read now" and back to "Hu is now a null read again" which is a huge swing on what was the
lightest
of pushback from a new player who could instantly realise why the justification for being 'hard town' was poor. Describing a single vote on Hu Tao as "putting all our eggs in one basket" in stuck me as a touch oversensitive.

I don't want to re-litigate it again unless I have to, but I felt his arguments against why Alyssa's early attempt to move out of RVS with Shin was scummy AND his pushing on Rosen for with Kay have been pretty poor, based on widely out-there interpretations of pretty straight-forward, but perhaps poorly-expressed, concepts like a page 2 "let's look at the slots that chose to make a different rvs vote rather than join the obvious joke-wagon", and "I can see reasons why scum!Val might try and pocket me, but also I can see a possible town motivation, so maybe I should just treat it as null overall".

I think that has then been used to cast a wide-net over the idea of as many permutations of scum Val and Rosen as possible: maybe I am scum pocketing town!Rosen, maybe I'm town blindly following scum!Rosen, maybe in fact we are both scum together in a bold wifom strategy - making it so either wagon could be justifiable, and either green flip matters not, adjust as needed. All while doing that, he's tried to hide me to a higher standard - I should have a single scum read at a time or else be solving for the team, etc.

Happy to go into any of this in more detail if I need to; but I am realising my problems playing mafia are not with my read accuracy, but with expressing myself in a way that's understandable to others, so I'll try this approach and not blurge it all at once.
1) Typing Shin in 63 was a brainfart. If you replace it with Alyssa the argument would make sense in the way i intend to. I don’t get the rest of your argument in that paragraph, tho, Ive stated multiple times that my thing against Alyssa is a push and not me feeling 100% in her being scum. That also lines up with that thought.

2) The game Hu did that ended with me showed me she does this as town. I’m familiar, to an extent, with her play style and didn’t really think that was something I wanted to go after during D1. I town and then null read Hu because I got really excited on the recent town victory and when pointed out that she could also do it as scum, it brought me back to my original position. It feels like you’re scum reading me for not having hard opinions D1 (?)

3) I’m not going in circles justifying my Alyssa argument. But yes, I’m holding you to a higher standard than the person who’s in their literal first game. I’m not saying you have to do one or the other I’m asking why you had such a hard turn after tunneling Hu and if the reads are connected. You can read me how you want but I’m trying to solve for town so I’d like to know where you’re coming from. Both the way that you and Rosen have been playing is weird. I’m calling that out.

With this is your second attempt to get the heat off of you and/or Rosen. I don’t think you’re playing with town motivations.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”