Pronoun: She

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 596, fua wrote:
In post 589, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 584, fua wrote:
In post 580, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 577, fua wrote:
In post 557, Tejate Raichu wrote:It seems like nQ wagon might be a popular choice for today? We should still explore our options, though.
This post gives me awful gut vibes and feels like it's supposed to go in the Scum PT.
scumslips straight out of a pt like that aren't usually a thing tbh.
We're playing with someone who leaked who scum is directly in the game thread when they were supposed to be dead. It happens.
well that is certainly a Thing huh
Yeah. In the game redtea and I played together, they were posting comments on the game in the dead thread and ended up accidentally leaking who the scum was in the actual game thread itself.
big oofs
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 586, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 583, morph the cat wrote:
In post 582, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 579, morph the cat wrote:
In post 572, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 561, morph the cat wrote:Ydrasse because she's kinda looking like she doesn't really want to be active in the thread, and because her numberq vote looked like one of those bold moves she sometimes makes as scum, like she was hurrying to be at the front of the town parade.
what exactly did you think was spicy about voting someone who a decent amount of people have floating around in their reads and what do you think about my point

weird to say "in front of the town parade" but not caring about my reasoning tbh
I thought it was spicy that you threw the vote down right after Tammy asked him a somewhat pointed question.
okay so what did you think about the comment i made about why i voted numberq
Wasn't impressed.
okay so ~why~
Because I don't think his stances are nearly as dissonant as you portrayed them.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 566, Tejate Raichu wrote:I mean, I posted my own reads and received pretty much no indication that anyone found them very interesting. So far they've remained largely unchanged, so effectively I have already listed the people I would be most likely to vote for currently (mostly redtea and numberQ), and described why I think they'd be decent wagons. I'm not really seeing a lot of other players posting their lists, and given you are one of my town-leans I would like to hear from you in particular.

I don't think it would just be helpful for deciding on a wagon, but helpful for the game state as a whole if the largely townread and largely scumread players posted their reads. Do you take issue with my reasoning here?
Now that you explained it, it sounds better. It's just that I feel a bit weirded out by the way you phrase some stuff, but it's probably NAI and just your personality...it's what I want to believe for now at least.

I also kinda liked one of your recent posts but not telling you why and which yet to see if you end up doing more of that good stuff.

Well but to reply your question...wagons to hop on you say?

I'm not confident enough yet to vote anyone, but if I was
forced
to choose someone right now, it may be numberQ. No one else posts caught & held much of my attention.
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 601, morph the cat wrote:
Because I don't think his stances are nearly as dissonant as you portrayed them.
point out which ones then
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

because from my pov

it feels like number is doing the like frog in boiling water heating it up slowly to end up on a shirou vote because of all the commentary/focus, it's not the only thing but it feels apparent 2 me

and then it's just like swerving around to jump onto someone else and crashing through the setup
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by fua »

In post 592, Cephrir wrote:
In post 574, fua wrote:
In post 564, Cephrir wrote:
In post 542, fua wrote:
In post 540, morph the cat wrote:
In post 538, fua wrote:
In post 536, morph the cat wrote:roughly translates to "swagger"
I do have a lot of swag, but I'm afraid I'm not Sigmund.
I know! Sigmund was a Pooky alt and you are not.
Also true. It's relatively easy to figure out who I am if you've played with me before.
Must we do this information asymmetry thing. I dislike it.
I mean everyone has access to the information that I'm not a Pooky alt since I played in a game with a Pooky alt. And Ceph, you personally know who I am.
I don't, actually!
Exactly. Not an imbalance if nobody knows. But don't worry, it'll have zero impact on the game because meta is bad.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 585, Ydrasse wrote:like also

"town parade on numberq"

no read on numberq given

do you think that town's all going to pile on numberq and be wrong then or is numberq scum who town's going to get right

if it's the first why haven't you said anything/tried to soothe things a bit and if it's the second do you think i feel a need to bus this early on

why even anticipate a pile-on at all
tbh though you probably should pile on me, I think I do my best work under pressure.
Hey!
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by fua »

In post 597, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 590, fua wrote:Also not literally in the scum PT necessarily. Just that it feels like a big thing of scum trying to blend in with town.
meh

it feels so awkward tho like literally one of those "how do you do fellow kids" memes and tejate's felt a lot more ... composed i guess maybe in how they post that having something stand out like that to blend it is ?? to me
That's what I mean by an attempt to blend in. It doesn't feel like it's from a town perspective.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 604, Ydrasse wrote:because from my pov

it feels like number is doing the like frog in boiling water heating it up slowly to end up on a shirou vote because of all the commentary/focus, it's not the only thing but it feels apparent 2 me

and then it's just like swerving around to jump onto someone else and crashing through the setup
If you saw my suspicion towards Ceph as swerving then idk what to tell you.
Hey!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by morph the cat »

If he's doing that, he's ignoring a growing +town sentiment around Shirou and that kinda sounds counter productive.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 606, numberQ wrote:
In post 585, Ydrasse wrote:like also

"town parade on numberq"

no read on numberq given

do you think that town's all going to pile on numberq and be wrong then or is numberq scum who town's going to get right

if it's the first why haven't you said anything/tried to soothe things a bit and if it's the second do you think i feel a need to bus this early on

why even anticipate a pile-on at all
tbh though you probably should pile on me, I think I do my best work under pressure.
sounds good, your work could certainly stand to improve

VOTE: numberQ
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 609, morph the cat wrote:

If he's doing that, he's ignoring a growing +town sentiment around Shirou and that kinda sounds counter productive.
I agree it's counter productive but I don't think scum is gonna always follow consensus on every read, especially on the town reads that have less impact than the counterpart.

He's scum reading a consensus suspect for example. Not that this fact by itself means anything.

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 607, fua wrote:
In post 590, fua wrote:Also not literally in the scum PT necessarily. Just that it feels like a big thing of scum trying to blend in with town.
meh

it feels so awkward tho like literally one of those "how do you do fellow kids" memes and tejate's felt a lot more ... composed i guess maybe in how they post that having something stand out like that to blend it is ?? to me
That's what I mean by an attempt to blend in. It doesn't feel like it's from a town perspective.
i guess i have trouble thinking like, as scum. someone can write that post and go "yeah this'll really make me seem townie" like even writing it someone would have to think how just ... bland it is?
In post 608, numberQ wrote:

If you saw my suspicion towards Ceph as swerving then idk what to tell you.
i don't think you're swerving into ceph because it's apparent you've disliked him so much as like ...

running over the plans you previously set to further ones you think'll do you better?
In post 609, morph the cat wrote:

does it?

doesn't scum often like to nitpick at that sort of stuff to be contrarian

and he's already backing off if it by saying he misunderstood/etc, so..
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 602, Shirou wrote:
In post 566, Tejate Raichu wrote:I mean, I posted my own reads and received pretty much no indication that anyone found them very interesting. So far they've remained largely unchanged, so effectively I have already listed the people I would be most likely to vote for currently (mostly redtea and numberQ), and described why I think they'd be decent wagons. I'm not really seeing a lot of other players posting their lists, and given you are one of my town-leans I would like to hear from you in particular.

I don't think it would just be helpful for deciding on a wagon, but helpful for the game state as a whole if the largely townread and largely scumread players posted their reads. Do you take issue with my reasoning here?
Now that you explained it, it sounds better. It's just that I feel a bit weirded out by the way you phrase some stuff, but it's probably NAI and just your personality...it's what I want to believe for now at least.

I also kinda liked one of your recent posts but not telling you why and which yet to see if you end up doing more of that good stuff.

Well but to reply your question...wagons to hop on you say?

I'm not confident enough yet to vote anyone, but if I was
forced
to choose someone right now, it may be numberQ. No one else posts caught & held much of my attention.
To be fair, I've been playing Mafia with less experienced players recently. Maybe I've gotten a bit complacent with how I word things, since people in less experienced games tend to just follow the most experienced guy in the room anyways and I rarely have to actually explain myself as either faction. I'll try to make an effort to include my reasoning with my proposals in the future, but let me know if you catch me doing that again so I can explain.

Also, I don't really find that too surprising. I'm okay with an nQ wagon myself at this current game state, but we're only like 2 days in. I sure as hell ain't gonna be the one to hammer this early.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

can someone better at meta compare to this post for me

ty
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by fua »

In post 612, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 607, fua wrote:
meh

i guess i have trouble thinking like, as scum. someone can write that post and go "yeah this'll really make me seem townie" like even writing it someone would have to think how just ... bland it is?
What's the town motivation behind it?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 615, fua wrote:
In post 612, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 607, fua wrote:
meh

What's the town motivation behind it?
just thinks it's a good idea to throw in his little opinion on it to share where he's at
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

like if it's town it's probably just an idle thought/reminder more than anything ~intended~
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by fua »

Agree to disagree.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by numberQ »

@Ydrasse, I really don't think I put as much focus on Shirou as you're saying I did, until very recently when we argued over his questioning of Tejate. My "backing off" was more a function of my Ceph SR implying a Shirou TR, not as much based on my misunderstanding of his logic. And misunderstanding or no I still don't
really
see how that line of questioning could have lead him to a townlean, regardless of alignment. You're acting like I can only question my scumreads.
Hey!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:41 pm

Post by implosion »

is a townish question from Ydrasse, since it's indicating a consistent train of thought (of course these things can be faked but they take effort to fake).
also makes me feel better about calling Tejate town - this seems like a really likely way for relatively new town to feel about Shirou's play and it's something I think relatively new scum wouldn't think to say. I don't like though, very sideline-y in a bad way.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 620, numberQ wrote:@Ydrasse, I really don't think I put as much focus on Shirou as you're saying I did, until very recently when we argued over his questioning of Tejate. My "backing off" was more a function of my Ceph SR implying a Shirou TR, not as much based on my misunderstanding of his logic. And misunderstanding or no I still don't
really
see how that line of questioning could have lead him to a townlean, regardless of alignment. You're acting like I can only question my scumreads.
when i read through your iso it felt like there was a lot of questioning or like, "why do this"/"what gain from it" but it wasn't quite like a fos but sort of just... a presence. so seeing it sort of be sidelined to fit into a new narrative is ??? to me, even if it's not 'new' but like... a more forward one. if that makes sense. like. "this is the case i am sending out to people on ceph."

and i am not doing that lol

~

tbh i think some of my issue with how you treated the shirou stuff was i guess... hmm

why do you think shirou approaches solving/reading someone like that as scum if he's capable of building a narrative of like, reading through psychology/asking tejate "imagine you're this alignment, etc"? because if people see it and believe it to be genuine, i guess like...

what do you think the gain is through faking that versus a more 'traditional' questioning that could resonate more easily with people?

beyond just like "well people are townreading him now so clearly it's working"
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:46 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 621, implosion wrote:552 also makes me feel better about calling Tejate town - this seems like a really likely way for relatively new town to feel about Shirou's play and it's something I think relatively new scum wouldn't think to say.
don't reveal my pet reasons to town lean him like that...it was supposed to be a secret until later on...

(Aka Volpe14)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by implosion »

morph's read list mostly makes me go "meh". I think I am okay with calling fua tentatively town at this point though.

Return to “Completed Open Games”