bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2004 3:36 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

i say we lynch corsato today, and go from there tommorow with the knowledge we gain from his death
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2004 6:20 pm

Post by Corsato »

I think that's a bad plan. ;)

But seriously, I haven't heart any reason why people are suspicious about me, other then 'gut feeling'. Don't you think it's a little late to lynch someone based on that??
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2004 7:24 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I've come in a large number of times as replacement the last few years, and I don't think there's a tendency that scum roles get replaced less often.

Corsato, what concrete evidence do
you
have for any of your votes? Call it what you will, but it comes down to gut feeling at the moment. The mafia have played the game well. Of course the excessive amount of lurkers (and the indecisiveness in some occasions) harmed the town considerably.

I'm sticking with Werebear. If necessary, I'll switch to Corsato to ensure a lynch beore the deadline.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2004 3:52 am

Post by Werebear »

Corsato... what the hell else do you think we're going on right now?! People are getting 'gut feelings' about me because I tried to think of a way to pinpoint people. It's definitely not too late to lynch based on that, that's all we have to go on here.

I still think DP and Mathcam are the top two, with Corsato running third. And as soon as I say that, I start worrying about 'the quieter ones'...
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2004 3:27 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Dragon Phoenix, What kind of crap logic is that? Are you saying that just because that you are a replacement, that pretty much is the reason why you are not scum? I have replaced in a game or two and ended up scum, so I don't think that you logic is valid, so my vote definately is staying now.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2004 4:12 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

corsato, that's not why im voting you. im voting you because i thought cam was scummy, and i noticed neither cam not you ever voted for each other, and you were on ALL of the 4 major banfwagons in this game (including the last spot on one of them which i beleive is the scummiest spot)
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2004 6:35 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Nanook, ever tried reading other posts before going into attack mode? I was responding to big_kahunia's post 624. Seeing that (with the possible exception of Werebear) I probably have replaced more often than anyone in the game, I gave an answer.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2004 10:52 am

Post by Corsato »

bigbenwd wrote:corsato, that's not why im voting you. im voting you because i thought cam was scummy, and i noticed neither cam not you ever voted for each other, and you were on ALL of the 4 major banfwagons in this game (including the last spot on one of them which i beleive is the scummiest spot
If you don't have a good reason for voting me, please say something in the line of "gut feeling", instead of trying to justify your actions in this way. Let's see if I understand correctly: 1) you find mathcam scummy. 2) mathcam and corsato never vote eachother. 3) Corsato must be scum?????? Why on earth vote me if you find mathcam scummy in the first place?? Logical order would be: lynch mathcam, if mathcam is scum, lynch corsato.
Werebear wrote:Corsato... what the hell else do you think we're going on right now?! People are getting 'gut feelings' about me because I tried to think of a way to pinpoint people. It's definitely not too late to lynch based on that, that's all we have to go on here
I don't have a problem with "gut feeling", it's just that the voting lately seem to depend more on the sun shining or not, then on "gut feeling", or logic. Don't say you have a "gut feeling" someone is scum, when you didn't have that feeling half a page away. If there's something in a post that made your scum-o-meter go wild, you can name it, and therefor make a conclusion that someone is scum.

My suspicions about DP are gut feeling, I have to admit that. There's something to his posts in this game that I find not DP-like. Problem is I cannot explain it. My other suspicions were Nanook and Bigbenwd. I've explained that 5 or 6 pages ago. Both followed blindly in a bandwagon (twice in a row) without any reason. For me that's saying, he, I don't care who gets lynched, as long as it's not scum
Bigbenwd was very quiet then, so I voted for him.

Probably not my best English, but it's late and I'm tired. If you have a problem with that, try posting in Dutch. ;)
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2004 2:18 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

yeah. completely ignore the end of my post which said a reason.
-Werebear
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2004 3:36 pm

Post by Leonidas »

... And as soon as bigbenwd finishes his last sentence, the blanket of the Japanese night suddenly falls upon the Old Pond. To their horror, the Japanese frogs realize they do not know whether there is a death scene or not.

The answer will only come after the mist disappears, and the Japanese moon finally lifts the uncertainty. And after the mod gives a final vote count.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2004 7:43 pm

Post by Leonidas »

The mod was wrong to suggest that the frogs had failed to lynch. It was three to lynch at deadline; Corsato reached three votes first, and never came back to the safe zone (0-2) -
Corsato is lynched...

Corsato is pushed
Towards the Old Pond's waters...
Mizu no oto...

- The clear and grave sound of a stone ! The frogs rejoice !!!

The remaining stones quickly move to avenge their sister at the bottom of the Pond...

CHOICE BY SATURDAY MIDNIGHT!
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 1:14 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Day breaks - sun and rain
Yet another frog lies dead
Kerplunk has been slain

Kerplunk
- Japanese frog (female) -
stoned to death

IT IS DAY 6. WITH 7 ALIVE, IT TAKES 4 TO LYNCH AND THROW INTO THE POND (and only 3 at dealine... tsss).

Vote away !
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 1:50 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

It has been a while sice we drowned the stone (w00tness) so I gota remember who it was I was gonna vote for.
-Werebear
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 6:07 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

yay!!! we got one. two to go. that was a long night.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 8:04 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

That
was surprising... :(

Go frogs!
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2004 10:21 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Well played Corsato, I never had you listed down as likely scum.

Need to re-read now that we know Corsato was scum.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2004 1:15 am

Post by Werebear »

Agreed, DP, until the end he was one that didn't register on the scum scale for me. We're at the same situation as yesterday, two more lynches of townies and we lose. I'm going to try to re-read at work today as well, and put my paranoia factor on hold.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2004 6:07 am

Post by mathcam »

Okay, I've re-read the last ten pages so far, and I'll get to the whole thing later. Topics:

a) Ben. Let me save you the trouble of re-reading, Ben. You posted repeatedly yesterday that you thought Corsato and I were scum together. That you now claim to be unsure seems somewhat disingenuous.
FOS: Ben
for false naivety.

b) Me. Yeah, scummy Corsato was claiming that he thought me to be innocent. What can I say? He was right, and frankly, I think he made valid arguments in my defense.

b) DP and Werebear. I'm still more suspicious of DP than of Werebear, in particular DP's line "I'm betting on Werebear, Nanook and mathcam as well. I'll happily lead or follow a bandwagon on any of these three." Not that there's anything suspicious about being wrong, but he happened to pick 2 of 3 people I'm almost positive are innocent, and managed to leave off the one person we now know to be scum.

c) Kahunia:
Kahunia wrote:If we lynch Corsato or Dragon Phoenix, it is a big mistake.
Essentially the same reasoning as DP above. Not that there's anything really suspicious about being wrong, but it does catch one's eye on a re-read.

Cam
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2004 11:47 am

Post by bigbenwd »

hm, I remembered it WAS you cam, I forgot why though. I remember now. It's because you and corsato have never voted each other, and you were on 3 of the 4 major handwagons
your quote on kahuina is an interesting one, but I'm still gonna
vote:cam

(P.S. I waited to vote you because if i just came out and voted you without posting the reason I had forgotten then I would've lood scummy)
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2004 11:49 am

Post by bigbenwd »

P.P.S. that was my 2000TH POST! yay.
-Werebear
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2004 4:24 am

Post by Werebear »

Bigben, if DP or mathcam were scum, I would expect them to vote fellow scum at one point or another in the game. It's what I'd do. I wouldn't say i *HAPPILY* lynch fellow scum, but I know it's smart in a game to be on a lynching bandwagon if it's scum. I would expect of all the players here, DP and mathcam know that as well.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2004 4:36 am

Post by Werebear »

Oh, one more thing, I'm going to be gone Friday until Monday. To the bahamas. On a cruise. Poor me. I'll take pictures for all of you, though. ;)
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2004 11:47 am

Post by bigbenwd »

yeah, I realize that, but I still think that mathcam is scum. DP could be scum as well, I need to sift through my thoughts to give you a coherent reason why though, I'm kinda distractable right now, to say the least.
P.S. have fun WB
-Werebear
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2004 8:02 am

Post by Werebear »

Thanks, bigben. I can't wait until tomorrow.

Are we the only ones posting any more? It's a good thing we're not going after lurkers. [/sarcasm]
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2004 8:11 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

*delurks*
I will have normal access the coming weeks. Finally.
I will try to re-read the thread tomorrow (I have travelled 2400 km over the last week by car and by train).

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”