Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:36 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

All scum lynches is a nice way to end the game (even if two were by reports).

OS I said you weren't cleared. We were the only players not fully cleared. So you were the only one left to lynch from my point of view if Primate was town.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:37 am

Post by Oversoul »

Really curious as to why you guys didn't kill MoI the first night
A good MoI is a dead MoI if you are scum :P
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:38 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 3

Coron ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 4 )

guille2015 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 4 )

Oversoul ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 4 )

Mehdi2277 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 4 )

*** Primate ( 4 ) ***
Mehdi2277
syndromeofadown
Coron
Oversoul
[/color]
(L - 0 )

Robocopter87 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 4 )

syndromeofadown ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 3 )
Primate Robocopter87 guille2015

Total Votes ( 7 )

Needed to Lynch [ 4 ]

Deadline: Oct. 26th at Noon EDT

Primate, the Mafia Busdriver and Tracker, was lynched

TOWN WINS
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:43 am

Post by Oversoul »

Scum QT!

Proud of myself for getting Quadz scum before the report. :p
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:43 am

Post by IceGuy »

WOO
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:43 am

Post by guille2015 »

yay! Flawless victory.

It was clear that Mafia wanted to make it look like Medhi was scum, by letting her live. I think Quadz should have picked day Coroner as his Town Power.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:44 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Even at the end of all this I'm still unsure if this was town sided or just lucky with reports connecting well. Considering there was a pretty high potential of better reports (especially when I was the only gs) I'd say the set up was town sided.

Nuwen/quadz/amrun/primate also just looks like a nice scum team. Curious why MoI was shot over me N1 (and quadz how'd the guilty report make you feel?)
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:44 am

Post by zoraster »

Some Thoughts

1. I messed up on N1. MOI should have died. quadz submitted a CDB kill and later someone changed it to MOI, but in my spreadsheet it never got added. I always try to confirm actions by looking at PMs, but in this case, I saw quadz's and assumed that confirmed it. The game would have turned out different, I suspect, had MOI died N1, but other than being pretty good at these types of setups, before the game begins I'm not sure MOI was any more obvious a target than anyone else.

2. Scum took.... interesting roles. The game, minus PRs, is extremely scum sided, with 4 mafia. So my theory was that mafia would optimally do all they could to negate any and all power roles, figuring their natural advantage would win them the game. With that in mind, I split the ninja's into two, forcing mafia to take two roles that way. But scum definitely SHOULD have taken the ninja's barring town deciding to use a no-track strategy. I'm not sure the mafia quite understood how the redirector and bus driver were going to work, but still... ninja in this situation was more powerful.

3. The gunsmith is the key part to this setup. The fewer there are, the more powerful each is. I love that as a concept. But there are no protective roles, so once mafia became aware that there was a gunsmith and only one, that should have been their aim.

4. Had I been scum after this game's pregame chat, I would have picked both Ninjas, Encryptor and either a RB or a Crooked Cop.

5. This game I think is fun and works decently well, but it has a weakness in that which team does well is largely decided by pregame and N1 actions. That's not necessarily fatal, but it can make one side or another feel outmatched and apathetic.

Anyway, love to hear what you all thought.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:48 am

Post by Oversoul »

Awe... That kinda cheapens the win for me.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:48 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

MoI dying n1 would have saved nuwen from the easy guilty and could have let her live (it'd have also made me die earlier most likely). My report on cdb would have mattered some, but I don't think by a great deal.

I do think ideally town should have 3 GS and not just a single one, but it worked fine in the end.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:49 am

Post by guille2015 »

MoI and Medhi played an exceptionally great game. I was suspicious of Medhi until Quadz flipped scum.

I am surprised that 1) Mafia did not claim a gunsmith and 2) did not claim a Day Coroner. Also, Moi's kill, it seems that Mafia was worried about the trackers more than the Gunsmith, which ended up backfiring.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:49 am

Post by zoraster »

Well, I think the trackers can be more valuable, but once everyone had claimed not gunsmith, the gunsmith was the most powerful role in the game.
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:54 am

Post by syndromeofadown »

In post 682, zoraster wrote:
Some Thoughts

1. I messed up on N1. MOI should have died. quadz submitted a CDB kill and later someone changed it to MOI, but in my spreadsheet it never got added. I always try to confirm actions by looking at PMs, but in this case, I saw quadz's and assumed that confirmed it. The game would have turned out different, I suspect, had MOI died N1, but other than being pretty good at these types of setups, before the game begins I'm not sure MOI was any more obvious a target than anyone else.

2. Scum took.... interesting roles. The game, minus PRs, is extremely scum sided, with 4 mafia. So my theory was that mafia would optimally do all they could to negate any and all power roles, figuring their natural advantage would win them the game. With that in mind, I split the ninja's into two, forcing mafia to take two roles that way. But scum definitely SHOULD have taken the ninja's barring town deciding to use a no-track strategy. I'm not sure the mafia quite understood how the redirector and bus driver were going to work, but still... ninja in this situation was more powerful.

3. The gunsmith is the key part to this setup. The fewer there are, the more powerful each is. I love that as a concept. But there are no protective roles, so once mafia became aware that there was a gunsmith and only one, that should have been their aim.

4. Had I been scum after this game's pregame chat, I would have picked both Ninjas, Encryptor and either a RB or a Crooked Cop.

5. This game I think is fun and works decently well, but it has a weakness in that which team does well is largely decided by pregame and N1 actions. That's not necessarily fatal, but it can make one side or another feel outmatched and apathetic.

Anyway, love to hear what you all thought.

1. Lol, when quadz posted his Tinfoil hat case on MoI he kept saying "scum was dumb for not killing him" I really got the vibe that he was scum that was just pissed he didn't kill MoI. I would have been pretty mad if the guy I wanted to kill lead 2 scumlynches on my partners.

2. The bus driver really helped us more than anything since it allows us to confirm 2 players as not being a scum role we know exists each time its used.

4. Yeah, I would have picked 2 ninjas, a crooked cop (just for wifom if they're lynched) and a lynch janitor or Encryptor.

5. I don't think this setup as a whole is imbalanced, but it's swingy depending on which roles town/scum take. We also got really lucky.

scum/dead qt?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:56 am

Post by zoraster »

Scum are free to post their QT. Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/iPKJsmqFvrA2A

I think lynch janitor is only worth it if town sets up a plan where no one is going coroner. having even one coroner makes that a wasted role unless you kill the coroner night 1, and that's probably a waste of time.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:57 am

Post by guille2015 »

I agree with your thoughts Zoraster.

The most important decision was the pregame selection of powers.

If MoI died in the beginning, then Amrun would have been killed first, or Coron then Amrun. I was suspicious of Robo, Quadz and Syndrome, which wouldn't have helped.

as scum, I would have picked 1 ninja, day talk, RB and Crooked.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:57 am

Post by Oversoul »

I would have picked lunch janitor on the occasion that I had to bus and compelled others to not really waste time picking Day Coroner. :P
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:59 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Encryptor, both ninjas, and janitor would have been my choices. Coroner can weaken janitor, but if you get them to die it really causes chaos. Day talk is just something I love, so I'd always want it picked.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:00 am

Post by guille2015 »

Because Town lynched scum on the first day (1 and 1.5), we Gained an additional Mislynch.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:16 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I am so incredibly awesome.

Thank you all for this wonderful game.

Medhi, it was awesome to play with you. Hope to see you around. Also I confirmed you too when I voyeured Syndrome. A gunsmith visited him.

FLAWLESS TOWN VICTORY

SO MUCH HAPPY
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:18 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I'll probably lower myself to a personal 3 game cap instead of the usual 5 because of school getting more and more busy, but I'll continue to play a decent amount.

Although scum could use their town and scum powers so if I was scum I could have gs'd syndrome and then shot ice (I would be tracked to ice if that happened).
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:29 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

More red than Green in the snuffed out section and they had a Night 0 kill.

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:33 am

Post by Primate »

Scum QT. Hopefully it'll give you a bit of insight into why we picked the roles like we did.
http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/ecWMSeigdyFG

You pretty clearly outplayed us.

I'm not really annoyed with how this game ended up. I knew going in that it was going to be swingy, games with this many info role are. I think the concrete moment when we couldn't win the game anymore was the quadz investigation. I do wonder what would have happened if we'd kille medhi instead that night and had to deal with MoI the day after, whether he would have gone after syndrome or me. In the long run it wouldn't have mattered much as long as he didn't go after quadz, maybe making it the better play in retrospect. It also became a problem in the endgame, because a gunsmith can accumulate info, so I couldn't just no-kill to force the town into making their actions. Anyway.

Scum roles didn't play a huge role because of us dying so quickly, the encryptor was practically useless. Pretty much all of the scum roles that we picked are the swingy ones and we got the bad side of that. Bus driver I think isn't too bad and wasn't played too badly, it just really bit us in the ass when it was just me left. Encryptor's really weird too, having it could either win or lose us the game,

I'm happy with the fact that we didn't go for dealing with the coroner/janitor conflict. If we'd killed MoI instead of CDB, we would have ended up with three mostly useless townies, and that's good.

@Zoraster: Two things I'm curious about
1: I thought the omission of a mafia tailor or godfather type role was an interesting one, and wondered whether that was intentional and what your reasoning is.
2: Once the game gets down to one scum it's essentially unwinnable for them due to them due to the trackers and voyeurs involved, if it happens this early in the game, is this just something you thought a necessary evil, expecting it to probably happen later?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:41 am

Post by zoraster »

To answer:

1. It was purposeful. I didn't think scum needed it, and I wasn't excited about the idea of a role that creates false negatives or positives without any input from the player who is being targeted. Essentially it's just a "gotcha" role. That's okay in other setups, but here it didn't need to happen. I wanted to put some pressure on scum to actually engage with the role claiming. Not a single mafia went gunsmith, which I thought was interesting.
2. A necessary evil. I didn't really expect a town win as quickly as it happened, figuring at least one mislynch in the first 3. But it's not really unwinnable if you're a ninja.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:45 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Also Iceguy, why the HECK did you refuse to massclaim?

Don't you realize that you only disturb the peace when you do things like that?

You had absolutely no reason to withhold your information.

But it doesn't really matter now, but it still annoys me that you did that.

IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:46 am

Post by IceGuy »

Honestly?

I played like shit. I couldn't follow this game at all.

I made the mistake of joining too much games because they sounded awesome, despite me having to do a lot of RL stuff. In the end, nothing was achieved except me playing shitty in a bunch of games, and having no fun at all.

It was a mistake and I now know to avoid it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”