DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:35 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 751, Sotty7 wrote:I just found DGB's UT vote to be pretty bad which is why I questioned that read in particular.
So clearly, you haven't bothered iso'ing UT.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:37 am

In post 761, Porochaz wrote:
In post 760, DrippingGoofball wrote:More Untrod Tripod votes please.
Glad you are posting effectively.
Why, is my style opaque? Am I hard to understand? Do I look like I have a hidden agenda? Are my reads equivocal?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:37 am

In post 764, Bookitty wrote:I'm going to add Sotty7 to my scumlist as well.
I agree with this. I would be willing to lynch Sotty7.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:40 am

In post 774, Save The Dragons wrote:
You forgot to vote UT.

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 773, Shanba wrote:Actually, contrary to my previous post its now LML 6 Bookitty 8. I'm sure she was closer not so long ago. If Bookitty ever turns up scum at some point, the people who unvoted and made a no lynch incredibly likely deserve to die.
Seriously? I'm voting LML because I think we can lynch him. I jumped off Bookitty because way too many people are saying "BOOKITTY'S TOWN I'LL NEVER VOTE HER!" I'm not convinced that enough people will jump onto it in time, so I decided to try another of my top suspects.

You're going to blame people who are trying to get a lynch on someone over people like MBL and DGB who are hopelessly clutching at targets that don't have time to be lynched, or like ABR/Glork who are trying to start a brand new wagon in the 11th hour, or people like Kubla Khan who have promised content but have yet to park a vote? If we get a no lynch, that's where the hell I'm looking, people who are pussyfooting around instead of jumping onto the wagon of the person they find the most scummy.

I'm starting to think that DGB is scum but I don't dare vote her yet, because that would be ridiculous. I'm not going to bother posting a case on her yet nor voting her.

If the Bookitty wagon picks up some steam, I'll happily place my vote there. If PJ's wagon picks up steam, yeah, I'll deposit my vote there. I'm perfectly happy getting one of these three lynched.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:45 am

In post 778, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 774, Save The Dragons wrote:
You forgot to vote UT.
You make a compelling argument.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:46 am

In post 775, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 751, Sotty7 wrote:I just found DGB's UT vote to be pretty bad which is why I questioned that read in particular.
So clearly, you haven't bothered iso'ing UT.
And I actually did this and was not convinced. I'd be willing to double check, but not today since nothing jumped out at me.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:00 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

DGB this is really sad

come on
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:31 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 776, DrippingGoofball wrote:
Why, is my style opaque? Am I hard to understand? Do I look like I have a hidden agenda? Are my reads equivocal?
Am I asking all the right questions?...

Your reads mean nothing. Actually. You haven't given me enough to go on to determine your alignment therefore you post "lynch ut" or "DGB is town" mean absolutely nothing to me, why would I have any reason to follow you?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 480, Green Crayons wrote:
@Kublai:

In post 448, Kublai Khan wrote:But I've read the first four pages and lately I've had the belief that first impressions are far moar important then we generally give them credit.

<snip>

Scum

sotty7
LML
VitaminR
porochaz
Seol
I know you're still in your read through phase. But at some point, because you put a lot of emphasis on the first impressions, I would like to see you point out the first-impression posts of the players you find scummy, and then explain why your first impressions are of scum rather than town.
Sorry for the big delay. School is finally done and I've posted all the grades. Summer has officially started and I'm free from any teaching obligations at present. I'm about 9 pages from the top so I should be read up and be a full contributing player by tonight.

sotty7 - Disliked . Don't really understand the need to actively diffuse the MafiaSSK wagon at that point in time.
LoudmouthLee - Dice rolling to RVS is scummy because the intent may be to hide accidentally giving away any information. Also, . The claim that Tigris is attempting to garner trust with the town is farfetched.
VitaminR - Also shaming the MafiaSSK wagon for little reason. ()
porochaz - I don't recall why I put porochaz here. Nothing looks amiss.
Seol - - The MafiaSSK push is trumped up and bad.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:51 am

In post 783, Porochaz wrote:why would I have any reason to follow you?
Because you have read Iso's meager and scummy iso and you've reached the same conclusion I have?

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:01 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

In post 779, Save The Dragons wrote:You're going to blame people who are trying to get a lynch on someone over people like MBL and DGB who are hopelessly clutching at targets that don't have time to be lynched
protip: voting all four of the biggest wagons of the day doesn't make you protown in and of itself, it makes you a good Left4Dead player.

In the last Oldy game, D1, all ten votes on Mert arrived in the 24 hours prior to deadline. Your hyperbole rings somewhat hollow. That being said, it may be time to shit or get off the pot.

Also, STD, your declaration that it's too late to get a wagon going has brought KublaiKhan scurrying out:
In post 784, Kublai Khan wrote:sotty7 - Disliked . Don't really understand the need to actively diffuse the MafiaSSK wagon at that point in time.
Seol scummy for a bad push on mafiaSSK, VitR and sotty scummy for trying to defuse the "bad" mafiaSSK wagon. Looking forward to more quality scumhunting tonight.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:12 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 738, Untrod Tripod wrote:I can do LML, but why are we not doing Bookitty, STD?
This is the only post that gives me bad vibes from a quick skim of his iso. That and his posting style, which he did in a recent game I played with him where he was town.

There are a number of wagons that are better and let's face it, your iso wouldn't feed a starving camel either.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:33 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 786, MrBuddyLee wrote:Also, STD, your declaration that it's too late to get a wagon going has brought KublaiKhan scurrying out:
In post 784, Kublai Khan wrote:sotty7 - Disliked . Don't really understand the need to actively diffuse the MafiaSSK wagon at that point in time.
Seol scummy for a bad push on mafiaSSK, VitR and sotty scummy for trying to defuse the "bad" mafiaSSK wagon. Looking forward to more quality scumhunting tonight.
Your characterization of Kublai is waaaay off. Reread my post to which she was responding, and then consider the context of her post that you're criticizing, to see why.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 772, Shanba wrote: Well, as for which parts I disagree with, uh, I kinda wrote that in my post, so yeah.

In your post, you tried to claim that the reason LML wasn't being lynched was because not enough people suspect him (the way you put it was to claim that the LML wagon "wasn't convincing the townies".) I think I clearly demonstrated that that clearly is not the case, since 11 our of the 22 people in this game have expressed suspicion on LML, more then on any other person in the game I believe.

Are you just standing by your original statement, even after I proved it factually incorrect? Or do you want to explain what you mean a little more here?
And as for the latter, stats? Or is that just a random assertion?
Yeah, there were a bunch of people who gathered stats on large numbers of games, and all of them showed that towns lynched right less often then random on day 1, almost certanly because of scum votes throwing things off. The posts on that were in the MD forum...somewhere. At some point. Of course, I haven't played mafia in more then a year, so maybe that's not true anymore, but it was last time I knew.
(My own rather cynical viewpoint and part of the reason I stopped actively playing is actually that scumhunting in forum games is largely random anyway).
No; in the long run, townies tend to vote correctly more often then random. Of course day 1 is usually a bit random.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:41 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 751, Sotty7 wrote:So UT didn't provide an explanation as much as LML did and that's the difference?
More or less. LML put his actions in a context that I can see as plausible coming from town whereas MafiaSSK kept trying to sell his Tigris suspicion as more legitimate than it was.
In post 753, Yosarian2 wrote:I've been saying that Bookitty was a bad lynch since even before the whole VT claim thing that other people are talking about. It just feels like if we lynch her, she'll probably flip town.
Yeah, you've called the wagon "kind of weak" and called here recent "last words" type posts town. Frankly, I don't see how that translates into you resisting a deadline VT lynch.
In post 754, Yosarian2 wrote:It feels like at every point of the day today, ABR has avoided taking the "easy road" on basically every wagon[...]
Agreed. It feels like a strategy to me. It's not like he's over-exerting himself by being a contrarian given his playstyle. The timing of his LML 180 is particularly suspect to me.
In post 754, Yosarian2 wrote:[...]has been passionate at the right moments[...]
Passionate about what? If he was actually passionate about avoiding a BooKitty lynch, he'd give reasons for why he's town reading the slot. It's not like he's incapable of doing it. And if he was actually passionate about lynching PJ, he wouldn't have jumped on CES the moment Glork started giving him the stink eye.
In post 755, Glork wrote:Interesting that CTD lists five players and claims that 2/5 of them are scum regardless of Bookitty's alignment, yet doesn't seek to puruse this 40% chance.
I like the chance of BooKitty flipping scum just as much. You seem to have misplaced a FoS there.
In post 757, MrBuddyLee wrote:@CTD: Is your second-strongest scum suspect currently mathcam/mafiassk? How have cam's fifteen posts struck you thus far, and why haven't you commented on them or asked him any questions? Are you pushing for an ABR vig because you believe mathcam is more lynchable tomorrow, or because you find ABR more suspicious, or... ?
I haven't put much thought into the relative strengths of my reads, that's for tomorrow. Mathcam's posts so far haven't particularly struck me. Is there anything specific you think I should have noted? I'm pushing for an ABR vig because he clearly has no intention of answering pertinent, direct questions or to participate in the discussion in any meaningful way. That's an ideal vig shot in my book.
In post 768, Glork wrote:Out of commission for the next ~8 hours. I will not vote Bookitty, but I will broaden my vote bubble as deadline approaches.
Why do you consider no lynch to be preferable to a BooKitty lynch?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Anyway, deadline is tommorow. Not sure exactally what time; did Patrick say? In any case, everyone needs to put their vote on someone who might actually get lynched today, and they have to do it right now.

Kublai Kahn, vote for someone. And everyone who's got their vote on some random person no one else is backing (I'm looking at you, MBL and Dripping Goofball) get to lynching someone. You can try to make your case again tomorrow.

If we no-lynch on day 1 due to sheer lack of ability to get a wagon together, we're probably going to lose.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 790, CrashTextDummie wrote:
In post 753, Yosarian2 wrote:I've been saying that Bookitty was a bad lynch since even before the whole VT claim thing that other people are talking about. It just feels like if we lynch her, she'll probably flip town.
Yeah, you've called the wagon "kind of weak" and called here recent "last words" type posts town. Frankly, I don't see how that translates into you resisting a deadline VT lynch.
I didn't say that; the BooKitty lynch is clearly a pretty bad lynch, but if it's 5 minutes to deadline and she's at lynch -1, I'd hammer rather then see a no-lynch, especially with the VT claim.

Considering how many people have said they're totally opposed to it, though, it's looking pretty unlikely to happen today. LML wagon looks much more likely to go all the way to a majority.

Agreed. It feels like a strategy to me. It's not like he's over-exerting himself by being a contrarian given his playstyle.
Eh. There's no reason he couldn't use that exact same playstyle to aggressively go after someone who's an easy lynch, to score an easy mislynch, if he were scum. I've seen him do it.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:55 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ah, found it, here it is.
Patrick wrote: Current status: Day 1, deadline: Wednesday 11th June, 10pm GMT.
So, we have until I think that's 5 PM Eastern Standard Time, tommorow. That's only about 22 hours.

Everyone wagon up, now.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:09 pm

In post 786, MrBuddyLee wrote:
In post 779, Save The Dragons wrote:You're going to blame people who are trying to get a lynch on someone over people like MBL and DGB who are hopelessly clutching at targets that don't have time to be lynched
protip: voting all four of the biggest wagons of the day doesn't make you protown in and of itself, it makes you a good Left4Dead player.
Just want to make sure you're aware that all three players that I'm willing to lynch have been people I've made cases against.

In my passion/rage I may have exaggerated the point, it's not necessarily scummy to have a target that no one agrees with. I was merely upset at the notion that what I did was furthering a no lynch when I believed my actions were trying to prevent it.

But...at the same time DGB's case on UT for example "look at his ISO! Then you'll see! You'll all see!" isn't doing much for me. Anyone who's commented on it (which I think is just me, Porochaz, and UT) haven't suggested they are impressed, and anyone who hasn't (which I think is 18 other people) haven't jumped in line. Tigris wasn't a scumread for me. Since I find several other people scummy, Khan's absence hasn't convinced me one way or the other, either.
In post 786, MrBuddyLee wrote: In the last Oldy game, D1, all ten votes on Mert arrived in the 24 hours prior to deadline. Your hyperbole rings somewhat hollow.
Do you think this is a common occurrence and that with this town we can be expected to come up with a viable lynch with less than a day to go from nothing?
In post 786, MrBuddyLee wrote:That being said, it may be time to shit or get off the pot.
...so you agree with me anyway?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:15 pm

VOTE UNTROD TRIPOD

OLDY MAFIA'S ROB FORD

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 795, DrippingGoofball wrote:VOTE UNTROD TRIPOD

OLDY MAFIA'S ROB FORD
DGB, you're the only one who wants to lynch UT, and the deadline is in 20 hours. It's not going to happen today. Vote for someone else.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

In post 766, Bookitty wrote:Yes, I'm reading your posts, including the ones you embed as links rather than quoting. Why did you do that, by the way? It's certainly not to put your case out front and center. It looks like you're trying to hide it, since you're quoting everything else.
Come on really? I did that as not to bog the thread down in text and make it easier for people to navigate the page. I'll do that sometimes instead of quoting whole posts. The fact you're making this a scum tell is making me not want to take you seriously.
In post 766, Bookitty wrote:You were voting my slot before I came into the game, so I never really considered that you might have been doing that for scummy reasons. But you've flatly said that you just skimmed my PBPA. You're missing points about your PRIMARY suspect. It's a little different than missing something from someone else.
I skimmed it at the time you posted. I have read your posts, like I have read all the posts in the game. I resent being told I am not reading because my mind isn't a sponge and I didn't absorb every single detail. I didn't find your posting very compelling and until your attack on me you haven't really voiced an original opinion based on scum reads. You were trying to blend in it felt like to me. Like you were trying to cut me some slack but now it's time to crack down. It's just off.

Why wouldn't you think I would be voting you for "scummy reasons" when you replaced in? You are town aren't you? I would have thought anyone voting you would have raised a red flag until you reviewed their reasoning. This doesn't sound too natural to me.

The point of my UT question was to engage you in dialog as you are my number one suspect. I figured if you could detail more on that read I could see how natural you sounded rather than once again differing to another players opinion, like you did with Glork earlier in the game.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

In post 788, Green Crayons wrote:Your characterization of Kublai is waaaay off. Reread my post to which she was responding, and then consider the context of her post that you're criticizing, to see why.
Whether KK is scum or town, I feel she's been holding off on posting the past week to avoid making waves that might earn her votes. Busy schedule aside--she admitted to reading at least through page 15 by last Monday but declined to post updated suspicions or clarifying reasons. Her post addressing your questions seems internally inconsistent. Sure, it's possible that both some on the wagon and some of the people attacking the wagon are scummy, but that would require clarification.

As a specific example, KK finds Seol scummy for post 54, reason: "The MafiaSSK push is trumped up and bad."

Compare PJ's 52 to Seol's 54:
In post 52, petroleumjelly wrote:
2.)
Vote: MafiaSSK
for this:
"Because bandwagons are guaranteed information especially at high vote counts. You choosing to go after someone different has in fact more potential to gain less information..."
In post 54, Seol wrote:I'm feeling it.
In post 45, MafiaSSK wrote:Because bandwagons are guaranteed information especially at high vote counts.
Firstly, what sort of information do you expect an arbitrary bandwagon to guarantee at high vote counts?

Everybody knows it's a standard opening, and so the only way it's going to provoke a reaction is if it actually threatens a lynch. Is that what you meant?

Or do you mean the sort of information where people start giving opinions on the wagon, and expressing suspicions arising from it? Because
that's what Tigris did
In post 45, MafiaSSK wrote:You choosing to go after someone different has in fact more potential to gain less information.
"Violating groupthink is scummy"

VOTE: MafiaSSK
Seol and PJ found MafiaSSK scummy for the same exact phrase. KK finds Seol scummy for that post, but not PJ. Curious, and doesn't seem particularly thought out.

I stand on my opinion that KK's posting now not because you asked her questions weeks ago, but because it's too late for her to earn votes. And that her scumhunting is dreadfully thin and internally inconsistent.

@UT
, why do you find Bookitty scummy?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Why are people calling me a "she"? I'm a dude...
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”