DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Can we get a claim from JF?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Tanner »

In post 811, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why not let mom shoot, if you think it’s a town/town coin flip?
not sure i get what you mean by "town/town coin flip". when i called them a coin flip, i meant it as "alignment could go either way". i don't like the day being wasted, an extra flip will help direct any town shots, and the slot could always be scum trying to make it to night to fire.
In post 813, DrippingGoofball wrote:Tanner asks why the JF wagon collapses and proceeds to call scum everyone that is still on it.
i assume you're referring to my , and no. at that time, the johnny wagon was me and hiraki; i've been vocal about my hiraki townread and i know my own role PM. the people who hopped on, *then* hopped off without any reasoning are more likely scum imo.
In post 817, Titus wrote:There's a VC on the last page. JF is at four votes. Yours would be L minus one.

I still feel we should do something that explains the D1 data but I don't want to read.
what is this "something" that you want to do? flip akarin?
In post 825, DrippingGoofball wrote:Can we get a claim from JF?
i believe he's currently at E-2, and is him claiming really gonna do anything?
your eyes on the city.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:41 pm

In post 826, Tanner wrote:i believe he's currently at E-2, and is him claiming really gonna do anything?
yes it will.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

one person’s alignment is NOT a coin flip by the virtue of everyone having a ~75% chance of being town

DGB what’s your setup knowledge rn?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Bell »

You forgot to reduce the percentage to account for the town flips and his thread avoidance/inactivity.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 826, Tanner wrote:what is this "something" that you want to do? flip akarin?
Possibly. I'm just getting into the game. I want reactions around what happened yesterday. I look big at the past to determine my future moves, so getting a read on A is a top priority for me.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 829, Bell wrote:You forgot to reduce the percentage to account for the town flips and his thread avoidance/inactivity.
Was talking about tanner’s stance on why he voted mom
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 827, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 826, Tanner wrote:i believe he's currently at E-2, and is him claiming really gonna do anything?
yes it will.
We should always get claim.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 831, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 829, Bell wrote:You forgot to reduce the percentage to account for the town flips and his thread avoidance/inactivity.
Was talking about tanner’s stance on why he voted mom
oh, my b.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 823, Bell wrote:@Hiraki, no. Don't gotcha me. I'm town.
I don't "gotcha" people.
In post 827, DrippingGoofball wrote:
yes it will.
Play me the fool. What's the difference.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:45 pm

In post 828, Gamma Emerald wrote:one person’s alignment is NOT a coin flip by the virtue of everyone having a ~75% chance of being town

DGB what’s your setup knowledge rn?
Knowledge = outstanding
Strategy = F

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay
So why are you insisting on a claim like this?
<Embrace The Void>

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Briefly looking in to respond to one thing
In post 811, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Hiraki what does town!Umlaut look like to you? I personally have a sorta-high bar for him based on recent experience, and his play so far isn’t hitting it.
This actually kind of makes sense given I had some pretty strong moments in our recent games, but lately I seem to habitually find it hard to effort as town when I'm just getting into a game and can take a game-day or more to really start playing actively. Did you not notice this in our games too?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

you weren’t coming across very strong in 230 but you came across as right
In that game I wanted you dead so you wouldn’t provide the town with momentum to turn the game around. So the answer to your question specifically is “yes, but there’s something amiss that can’t be explained my that”.
Who do you think is scum rn?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

“Yes I did notice” to be clear
<Embrace The Void>

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 830, Titus wrote:
In post 826, Tanner wrote:what is this "something" that you want to do? flip akarin?
Possibly. I'm just getting into the game. I want reactions around what happened yesterday. I look big at the past to determine my future moves, so getting a read on A is a top priority for me.
I guess in the shortest possible sense. I was being wagoned and the two players directly defending me were Akarin and Momrangal.
I was town reading Mom, and didn't feel Akarin scum either, though with akarin I was much more paranoid about being buddied by scum.
Uncrowned was the other Bell defender and he died, while Albert P was more adjacent but working with my vote.

I was unhappy with the mom elimination not because of the gun claim, if anything I thought it weird to want to gun day 1 since there's barely any information, but rather because they replaced in, in a way I identified as town and starting moving the game along when she didn't really need to. I decided to just let her shoot and no eliminate, which is probably the first time I've ever done that as town. But meh.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Bell »

Ultimately, other players that played closer to the rule book decided to eliminate there rather then Akarin.

There was a lack of major cases outside of me, scum seemed fairly satisfied with sitting on me and not doing anything to move the game forward. Since it was a fairly polarized wagon.

I would argue a key point that resulted in Mom getting killed over Akarin was Dunnstral pointing at all 4 players attacking her and noting that none of them had a case.
It's unclear to me whether this was wifom, he preferred Akarin to Mom simply because they knew each other from recent games, were scum partners or if he felt Akarin would have better positioning on him allowing him to live vs. Mom.

Lots of possible explanations there, I dunno which is true or if I missed some possibilities.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Bell »

Ultimately, I still think Dunnstral is scum this game, but I wouldn't die on that hill because there are posts he's made that point away from it. One that particularly pointed away from it was him saying he would wait on Johnny to see how he would respond to pressure but then didn't and voted. this may depend on Johnny's flip for answers. Here or whethr it's a bus vote etc. I dunno.

I'd rather hit LCD scum RN.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ya know, me Dunn and mom had a game where we were all scum together a few years back
<Embrace The Void>

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:15 pm

In post 836, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay
So why are you insisting on a claim like this?
Habit? Why is a claim Wrong?

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Two things. First, I think claiming should be kept to a minimum and basic level until massclaim, and even during. Second, yesterday indicated claims don’t really mean jack for for this group.
<Embrace The Void>

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 843, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ya know, me Dunn and mom had a game where we were all scum together a few years back
What's Dunnstral scum look like?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Bad signal-to-noise ratio, any content that does exist doesn’t look great
He low-efforts on both sides but scum!him seems more shallow I feel
I’d say currently his game does feel a bit like his scumgame here
Look at me metaing without a care wheee
<Embrace The Void>

Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 758, Umlaut wrote:
In post 749, Tanner wrote:@umlaut, have you read *any* of the game? got any takes for us so far?
Haven't done any reading to speak of, no. I did take a quick look at your own ISO when I was sheeping your vote to make sure nothing screamed scummy to me, and saw a few posts I found towny in tone (, , ) and nothing that really pinged me, so I'm leaning town on you. My plan is to just read from the point where I subbed in and only go back if something catches my eye and I want to get more info about that. I've found that trying to just "read everything" really just doesn't work, I end up skimming and realizing at the end that I haven't really formed any impressions at all; whereas if I'm looking into something specific I end up reading more intently and actually getting something out of it.

Akarin's Gamma vote makes sense to me, I don't like how Gamma's explanation for voting him is basically "well _someone_ gave a reason for that wagon, as I recall" and it feels more like he's looking for a reason to be on not-the-leading-wagon.

In fact, it makes enough sense for me to
VOTE: Gamma Emerald
this is pingy in a bad way

'i quickly skimmed your iso to check if you aren't glaringly scummy before sheeping you' is just such a bad town take, i think it comes from scum
the added vote and way about it is just pingy

yeah

don't like this post
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 763, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, Umlaut’s questions here remind me of a VERY common scum tactic where they try to fish out reasons to figure out the move to make. It’s not just a mafia tell, it also works well in Among Us. If someone acts “who are we voting” close to the end of a meeting, it’s likely they’re an impostor trying to figure out the best vote that they can push.
good take
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”