Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Akarin »

In post 749, Tanner wrote:tl;dr on this?
Well #747 is a good example but Gamma's been making these kind of pushes all game. They're bad and I think they're bad in a way that's more agenda-driven than is usual for him.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 609, Akarin wrote:
In post 608, Gamma Emerald wrote:Didn’t think the responses were interesting enough to warrant extending the discussion of the topic
So you agree with me?
In post 610, Gamma Emerald wrote:On what
In post 611, Akarin wrote:
In post 610, Gamma Emerald wrote:On what
My Momrangal-Rose townread.
In post 612, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m a little pensive there but I’m not sure she’s scum rn. I don’t think the Mom/Bell/you pool draws dead so with 2 options not feeling great that leaves me with 1 that comparatively looks rather fine
In post 613, Akarin wrote:
In post 612, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m a little pensive there but I’m not sure she’s scum rn. I don’t think the Mom/Bell/you pool draws dead so with 2 options not feeling great that leaves me with 1 that comparatively looks rather fine
Why though?
I really don’t like this from Akarin looking back, it seems she was trying to twist my words to fit her agenda. I wasn’t a big fan of it at the time, which was why I was making Akarin specify her questions. But with Mom’s townflip and my current vibe of her not reading people for good reason, this reads like her trying to bait me into a position I don’t truly hold, so I look worse.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Which head were you in Chito and Yuuri?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by Akarin »

More trying to bait Gamma into admitting
he
doesn't really hold the positions he holds.

Or wasn't reading the game, which I've since dismissed but was a thought for why that might be a town!Gamma play at the time.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 748, Akarin wrote:I'm so done with this, Gamma.

Like seriously? Your position is that I shouldn't vote my own counterwagon WHEN THAT COUNTERWAGON HAS CRUMBED GUN in this setup if I think they're town?
She was a N1 gun. You could have let her shoot, and that would trade the Day 1 lim for a town-led gun shot.
I don’t think you should have let yourself get limmed, but you also shouldn’t have been okay with mom’s lim.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 753, Akarin wrote:More trying to bait Gamma into admitting
he
doesn't really hold the positions he holds.

Or wasn't reading the game, which I've since dismissed but was a thought for why that might be a town!Gamma play at the time.
You tried to get me to agree with YOUR thoughts. I didn’t think and still don’t think your read there was genuine. So you essentially tried to get me to agree with a point I don’t by asking a deceitful question. I’ve been eternally vigilant about agreeing to things I don’t really do ever since that led to massive problems in one game. I think you tried to manipulate me into agreeing to your base reasoning, which makes my position harder to argue.
<Embrace The Void>

Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by Akarin »

In post 752, Gamma Emerald wrote:Which head were you in Chito and Yuuri?
Pretty sure I was Yuuri but it's been a while.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Akarin »

In post 754, Gamma Emerald wrote:She was a N1 gun. You could have let her shoot, and that would trade the Day 1 lim for a town-led gun shot.
I don’t think you should have let yourself get limmed, but you also shouldn’t have been okay with mom’s lim.
Does anyone else find it hard to take this as a good-faith thought process?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 749, Tanner wrote:@umlaut, have you read *any* of the game? got any takes for us so far?
Haven't done any reading to speak of, no. I did take a quick look at your own ISO when I was sheeping your vote to make sure nothing screamed scummy to me, and saw a few posts I found towny in tone (, , ) and nothing that really pinged me, so I'm leaning town on you. My plan is to just read from the point where I subbed in and only go back if something catches my eye and I want to get more info about that. I've found that trying to just "read everything" really just doesn't work, I end up skimming and realizing at the end that I haven't really formed any impressions at all; whereas if I'm looking into something specific I end up reading more intently and actually getting something out of it.

Akarin's Gamma vote makes sense to me, I don't like how Gamma's explanation for voting him is basically "well _someone_ gave a reason for that wagon, as I recall" and it feels more like he's looking for a reason to be on not-the-leading-wagon.

In fact, it makes enough sense for me to
VOTE: Gamma Emerald
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Akarin »

In post 755, Gamma Emerald wrote:You tried to get me to agree with YOUR thoughts. I didn’t think and still don’t think your read there was genuine. So you essentially tried to get me to agree with a point I don’t by asking a deceitful question. I’ve been eternally vigilant about agreeing to things I don’t really do ever since that led to massive problems in one game. I think you tried to manipulate me into agreeing to your base reasoning, which makes my position harder to argue.
Gamma was obviously disagreeing with my reasoning
by play
but had no counterargument and hadn't actually commented on my reasoning at the time (or I think) later.

This isn't a trap town has to worry about.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 756, Akarin wrote:
In post 752, Gamma Emerald wrote:Which head were you in Chito and Yuuri?
Pretty sure I was Yuuri but it's been a while.
So that means you’re the one who snapvoted me after the modkill. I don’t think you really know how I work.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 759, Akarin wrote:
In post 755, Gamma Emerald wrote:You tried to get me to agree with YOUR thoughts. I didn’t think and still don’t think your read there was genuine. So you essentially tried to get me to agree with a point I don’t by asking a deceitful question. I’ve been eternally vigilant about agreeing to things I don’t really do ever since that led to massive problems in one game. I think you tried to manipulate me into agreeing to your base reasoning, which makes my position harder to argue.
Gamma was obviously disagreeing with my reasoning
by play
but had no counterargument and hadn't actually commented on my reasoning at the time (or I think) later.

This isn't a trap town has to worry about.
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=71732
Read the beginning of this and tell me if you still think town!me has no reason to worry about this sort of shit.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I dont get any of the good vibes I got from Umlaut when he replaced in for Large 230, so I think he might be scum here, and his treatment of me feels similar to how scum!Umlaut has handled town!me in the past, where he’s pushed me for questionable reasons.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also, Umlaut’s questions here remind me of a VERY common scum tactic where they try to fish out reasons to figure out the move to make. It’s not just a mafia tell, it also works well in Among Us. If someone acts “who are we voting” close to the end of a meeting, it’s likely they’re an impostor trying to figure out the best vote that they can push.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 658, Umlaut wrote:o/

Probably going to sleep in a bit, I've only read this page but
I'm assuming there's a reason we're talking about massclaiming on day 2?
In post 667, Umlaut wrote:
In post 663, Bell wrote:VOTE: Dunstral

This doesn't have much to do with the mass claim versus not mass claim thing.

If town shot their shot. I would like to know who and why.
Reasoning for this?
I know you said it isn't really about the mass claim but I think at first glance calling for it is a towny move, so you should have some reason for finding him scummy that overwhelms that.
In post 679, Umlaut wrote:
In post 677, Tanner wrote:room temperature take: VOTE: johnnyfarrar

< insert disagreement about massclaiming today here >
VOTE: JohnnyFarrar

I can get behind this, his ISO is pretty much empty.

Can someone give me a synopsis of the important things that happened yesterday so I don't have to feel bad about not reading?
In post 728, Umlaut wrote:I assumed he was talking about your case but I'm not sure it matches up with what you said about Akarin. But that said I don't see what you dislike about the votes on JF that isn't equally true of your vote on Akarin.
In post 730, Umlaut wrote:
And why were you/anyone voting Akarin yesterday?
In post 758, Umlaut wrote:
In post 749, Tanner wrote:@umlaut, have you read *any* of the game? got any takes for us so far?
Haven't done any reading to speak of, no. I did take a quick look at your own ISO when I was sheeping your vote to make sure nothing screamed scummy to me, and saw a few posts I found towny in tone (, , ) and nothing that really pinged me, so I'm leaning town on you. My plan is to just read from the point where I subbed in and only go back if something catches my eye and I want to get more info about that. I've found that trying to just "read everything" really just doesn't work, I end up skimming and realizing at the end that I haven't really formed any impressions at all; whereas if I'm looking into something specific I end up reading more intently and actually getting something out of it.

Akarin's Gamma vote makes sense to me, I don't like how Gamma's explanation for voting him is basically "well _someone_ gave a reason for that wagon, as I recall" and it feels more like he's looking for a reason to be on not-the-leading-wagon.

In fact, it makes enough sense for me to
VOTE: Gamma Emerald
This sort of netcasting behavior is all over his posting (at least in a relative sense)
VOTE: Umlaut
I’m pretty sure this nets a scum.
<Embrace The Void>

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Bell »

Gamma's nervous town imo.

VOTE: Umlaut
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I can't even think of a game where I was scum and you were town.
In post 763, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, Umlaut’s questions here remind me of a VERY common scum tactic where they try to fish out reasons to figure out the move to make. It’s not just a mafia tell, it also works well in Among Us. If someone acts “who are we voting” close to the end of a meeting, it’s likely they’re an impostor trying to figure out the best vote that they can push.
This analogy is pretty forced. Asking you to justify voting Akarin is completely different in both content and purpose from asking something like "so who are we voting" in general.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 766, Umlaut wrote:I can't even think of a game where I was scum and you were town.
I know my first game with you was one. Surrealism, I was the D1 miselim, and you died N1 due to crosskilling.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 716, Bell wrote:
In post 714, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 713, Iconeum wrote:
In post 712, Bell wrote:I wouldn't know a good fake claim if it hit me in the head tho.
bulletproof vengefull?
Excavator. I targeted Bell but was unable to clear his tunnel.
Please save this town if you're town.
I dunno if I can.
Why do you think town needs saving? I’m asking this with no preconceived opinion on the post.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 721, Hiraki wrote:
In post 719, Gamma Emerald wrote:Are we seriously doing what amount to an RVS wagon D2
Not RVS. He's a waste of a slot and continues to ignore this game while favoring other games.
On this. JF might be dodging this game but he’s a bit of a non-entity. I’d rather try to find active scum that is actively driving town down the wrong path. Save JF for the firing squad imo.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Iconeum, how would you compare/contrast your play this game to your play in Mini 2180?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 747, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 743, Akarin wrote:Uncrowned was refusing to think about the game and I think he's better than that, also reminded me of a game that was ongoing until like yesterday where he was scum with me.

But also, what's wrong with voting for someone obviously pushing TvT in a scummy way anyway?
Why did that remind you of that game? What makes you say he wasn’t thinking about this game? What do you mean by “not thinking about the game”?

As for your question, in the moment it probably would have seemed okay, but you voted mom later, and uncrowned has now clipped town. So obviously you weren’t confident enough uncrowned was pushing TvT to stick to that story in the end.
I want an answer to the bolded.
<Embrace The Void>

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'd be fine with voting out johnny as of right now. Not sure about Gamma, Umlaut, Akarin
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 772, Dunnstral wrote:I'd be fine with voting out johnny as of right now. Not sure about Gamma, Umlaut, Akarin
I'm upset with posts like this and you wonder why I'm tunneling you.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 768, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 716, Bell wrote:
In post 714, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 713, Iconeum wrote:
In post 712, Bell wrote:I wouldn't know a good fake claim if it hit me in the head tho.
bulletproof vengefull?
Excavator. I targeted Bell but was unable to clear his tunnel.
Please save this town if you're town.
I dunno if I can.
Why do you think town needs saving? I’m asking this with no preconceived opinion on the post.
Because last day phase was apathy town. Everybody seemed comfortable in their molds and their reads were wrong. Think of it from my perspective the majority of the votes were sitting on me (town) and then Mom got wagoned and I was fairly sure she was town that strong armed us into an alternative wagon. Or at the very least, let it happen. There just wasn't enough movement last day phase making this day phase difficult to read and parse previous day phase play probably leading to more inaccuracy.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”