Newbie 2067 - Pizza! - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-15

Pizza in Italy enjoyed a second wave of popularity following World War II. The post-war industrial boom in the Milan-Turin-Genoa triangle lured migrants from Southern Italy and they brought their food preferences with them. Before long, pizzarias were also booming in the region.

StrangeMatter
(4): Pavowski, Azeru, Lukewarm, cyrus62
Save The Dragons
(2): HockeyFan, StrangeMatter, cyrus62
HockeyFan
(1): Zyla
Zyla
(1): Haschel Cedricson

Not Voting
(1): Save The Dragons

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: June 20, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-06-19 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 823, Azeru wrote:Cyrus, you've said that you think Luke and HF are scum, but your vote is on STD right now. Can you explain where your thought process is on these players?

When we talk like lukewarm and I were or when save the Dragons and haschel were. HockeyFan comes along and gos oh I read them as tvt randomly HockeyFan hasn't advanced the game at all and I can't get a read for the life of me on lukewarm. But they keep defending each other so sadly I can't separate them from each other.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

Mod stole pagetop again.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Pfft. Haha. I tried getting them to work.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 854, StrangeMatter wrote:Pfft. Haha. I tried getting them to work.
@Strange, formatting help
Spoiler:
There is an easy way to learn how to format it.

Start making a post that says
The first part of 842

Hit preview.

Highlight the numbers 842, and with them highlighted, click the button that says "post" along the top, like the line where you would bold or underline the text.

It will automatically format the post link to that number for you, and then you can look at how it is supposed to be.
---------------------------
You should never fill in the numbers after the = sign in the formatting. It automatically does that for you
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Zyla »

Code: Select all

You want to put [post]42[/post] tags around the post number, it'll do the linking for you

In post 853, StrangeMatter wrote:So far from ISOs, I think that Zyla has been generally Town, but I think the first part of didn't sit well with me. I just don't see why that would be considered scummy to acknowledge the question that was designed to have many people answer the question. Maybe its just my thought process when it comes to Town, but I'd like to hear Zyla's logic regarding that post.
My main thing with the acknowledgment is that they saw my questions, mentioned them, but seemed to refuse to interact with them until I pushed them on it.
If he hadn't interacted with it at all I might not have even thought about it, but the fact that he practically said he refused to answer it rubs me the wrong way.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 857, Zyla wrote:r it rubs me the wrong w
Alright zyla 1 question, why was that specific question so important to solving peoples alignments? Like I saw it and yea i didnt think much of it because I didnt know that question was important for your Tr's/SR's
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

about Hockey initially TR STD felt reasonable to me. Even though its early in the game, it doesn't seem strange to point something like this out it. Still, I think I'll put her as a Town lean for right now.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

As a side note and a bit unrelated, I have no idea what caused that, considering I did put the tags around it.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:37 pm

In post 859, StrangeMatter wrote:
about Hockey initially TR STD felt reasonable to me. Even though its early in the game, it doesn't seem strange to point something like this out it. Still, I think I'll put her as a Town lean for right now.
I'm sorry, out of the entire ISO the thing that strikes you as particularly town is a post made on the previous page of the thread? Is that correct?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Not only that, post #420, #608, and #486 feel like town asking questions about things that they found a little suspicious to me.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:48 pm

In post 862, StrangeMatter wrote:Not only that, post #420, #608, and #486 feel like town asking questions about things that they found a little suspicious to me.
Alright.

Now address my #759 (second half of post) and #772.

Be specific.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 859, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 855, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 853, StrangeMatter wrote:So far from ISOs, I think that Zyla has been generally Town, but I think the first part of didn't sit well with me. I just don't see why that would be considered scummy to acknowledge the question that was designed to have many people answer the question. Maybe its just my thought process when it comes to Town, but I'd like to hear Zyla's logic regarding that post.
I see. What strikes you as particularly town?
After that first one that I felt was a little weird from, the question raised in about Hockey initially TR STD felt reasonable to me. Even though its early in the game, it doesn't seem strange to point something like this out it. Still, I think I'll put her as a Town lean for right now.
I think it linked to the 842nd post in the entire forum because of the <post=842> with no end tag on the first part, occasionally unclosed tags in quotes can cause problems like that (carrots don't work in bbcode so this is fine)
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

now town is working together im happy Will help more
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

UNVOTE: StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

To address #759 and #772, at the time I had a read on Zyla based on early actions that she did with careful questions. However, right now I'm more conflicted with her being Town right now based off what you've said. They bring up some good points to why Zyla could be scum, so its fair to think about them too. So, the answer to your question is no. Not really, but I still think she's a weak Town lean right now, so if you don't agree, that's fine.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Correction, I meant why Zyla is a bit scummy.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:01 pm

In post 867, StrangeMatter wrote:To address #759 and #772, at the time I had a read on Zyla based on early actions that she did with careful questions. However, right now I'm more conflicted with her being Town right now based off what you've said. They bring up some good points to why Zyla could be scum, so its fair to think about them too. So, the answer to your question is no. Not really, but I still think she's a weak Town lean right now, so if you don't agree, that's fine.
Now try again but with specifics this time. What points do you like? Which points do you disagree with?
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

Wow I'm super jealous no one has ever helped me as much as StrangeMatter is getting.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

Just throwing this out there to help town. StrangeMatter is at e2 and std is at e3 if this remains even if there's no hammer StrangeMatter still dies
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 869, Haschel Cedricson wrote:
In post 867, StrangeMatter wrote:To address #759 and #772, at the time I had a read on Zyla based on early actions that she did with careful questions. However, right now I'm more conflicted with her being Town right now based off what you've said. They bring up some good points to why Zyla could be scum, so its fair to think about them too. So, the answer to your question is no. Not really, but I still think she's a weak Town lean right now, so if you don't agree, that's fine.
Now try again but with specifics this time. What points do you like? Which points do you disagree with?
I agree with the first point, not really seeing it as something Zyla needed to fuss over early in the game.

That second point doesn't seem really hold up, considering reads are important to this game, and seems pretty reasonable to me to push compared to the last point.

As for the points about defending Luke, I think that might just come down to them defending their Town read, but to me kind of comes off as scummy as a possibility that scum having TRs on another and defending each other, albeit with a weak argument. In fact, it seems like she defends Luke quite a bit throughout this, which seems to be a trend, so I'm a little on the fence about that.

I'm not too sure about this last one however, can you please link to this, I might not have seen it when going over Zyla's ISOs.

Anyways, I'm going to bed, so I'll answer questions tomorrow.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Lukewarm

i tend to townread people who post what i'm thinking before i post it

I like some of Luke's early questions with

his read on strange feels a little forced, like i'm not sure if is scummy.

more reads, i like his analysis of zyla

i disagree with the iso of azeru looking empty, i think it's minimal but it's got some substance to it. i'm also not sure why he calls out Strange/Haschel as not being partners, i think they could have been doing theatre at this point.

trying to ignore all talk about cyrus i don't think it's productive. i feel like it's easy to get caught in a trap of talking to/scumreading someone like cyrus, i feel like scum would be more likely to just ignore it or let it play on rather than try to defuse it. i like as an example of trying to cut through all the bullshit

raises my hackles a little, if you didn't scum read haschel, why'd you put him at e-1?

i don't know about this

@lukewarm can you clarify your thoughts on Haschel? do you think his "cherry picking" comes from being scum or some other reason?

do you prefer me to haschel? why

Pavowski

i'm not sure if antagonism is scummy but i don't blame anyone for voting for cyrus there

this is also a town way to look at cyrus

i'm not sure about some of these reads, like for haschel and azeru, it's kind of wishywashy

i like this

not sure what's interesting about my progression, i express interest in voting someone and then i vote for them

Both you and Luke seem to think that Strange is alone and is being uncoached but there's a lot of different reasons they could be scum and appear that way (their partner is new, their partner is away, their partner doesn't coach much, etc.)
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 871, cyrus62 wrote:Just throwing this out there to help town. StrangeMatter is at e2 and std is at e3 if this remains even if there's no hammer StrangeMatter still dies
If I'm not mistaken, all newbie games require a hammer, time running out is a no-elim

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”