Open 545: Nothing to Hide (Game over!! MAFIA WINS!!!)

bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:42 am

Post by bjc »

Getting hammered on day one was so lame, lol.
"
I am literally panicking right now because
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

You weren't doing anything anyways.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:57 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Reading from your posts in your scum qt, you should try to act pro-town as either alignment, not pro-scum as either alignment.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:48 am

Post by Aegor »

In post 874, havingfitz wrote:Uh...you don't know wtf you're talking about. There was nothing wrong with my claims and it had no bearing on the outcome of the game.
Actually, it did. I would have defended you until my last breath had you not lied about your claim. Either two or zero of the PR claims were scum. Vonflare could not have been scum alone. The situation would have been easily rectified had you just been honest about your PR instead of claiming VT. I doubt either of you would have gotten lynched had that been the case.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:28 am

Post by toolenduso »

@fitz: I checked with the mod before we submitted our actions that night and he said that a RB would stop you from jailing somebody. So since I RB'ed you, if you had jailed TSO instead then your action should have failed and TSO's kill should have gone through anyway.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:34 am

Post by T S O »

You were roleblocked, my friend, it's the same.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:35 am

Post by T S O »

In post 874, havingfitz wrote:
In post 867, Aegor wrote:That massclaim was a clusterfuck.

Fitz,
NEVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN EVER
Uh...you don't know wtf you're talking about. There was nothing wrong with my claims and it had no bearing on the outcome of the game. What DID have a bearing on the outcome of the game was Vonflare self voting when the 5 town PRs had claimed in conjunction with the probably TT configuration of this game. I.e. no fakeclaims meant we should have focused on all the VTs the day vonflare self voted. Sure...we might have voted SD and been wrong but it would have got us to the next day with people who were actually starting to suspect Tool and TSO and SD would have been out of the picture.

So focus your misguided indignation at vonflare or yourself for crappy play :idea:

Good game scum.

Interesting set up mod.
I had considered JK'ing TSO instead of Tool. How would the night have ended if I had JK'd TSO?
in response to this btw
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:36 am

Post by T S O »

also mad props to tool, he is the man and I love him and coincidentally he's also a stronf scum player
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:11 am

Post by bjc »

In post 877, Sakura Hana wrote:Reading from your posts in your scum qt, you should try to act pro-town as either alignment, not pro-scum as either alignment.
I don't even see how it's considered pro-scum at that point. :roll:

I fail to see how acting stupid early in the game is scummy by default... but ok.

Also, glad TSO picked up on my distancing once I was hammered. He was cleared for that twice in this game. Cheers.
"
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:12 am

Post by T S O »

that buddying question was gold, bjc, free towncred is always appreciated.

if you're gone down in twilight, the least you can do is help your partners instead of lurking. I hate when people do that.
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:14 am

Post by bjc »

I believe the wagon that started on me was in response to me saying "I don't like this wagon" or telling you guys to stop it.

A) that was a joke
B) I had zero connections to that person, obviously
C) most of the time in RVS I do things to gauge reactions, obviously I wasn't in this game because I was scum but still.

edit: yeah I figured I could help you out that way. :P
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
SalmonellaDreams
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
SalmonellaDreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:17 am

Post by SalmonellaDreams »

Well huh.

Not surprised, I'm a scummy person :/
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:17 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 886, SalmonellaDreams wrote:Well huh.

Not surprised, I'm a scummy person :/
Hey, you survived to endgame last time you were a townie.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 874, havingfitz wrote:
In post 867, Aegor wrote:That massclaim was a clusterfuck.

Fitz,
NEVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN EVER
Uh...you don't know wtf you're talking about. There was nothing wrong with my claims and it had no bearing on the outcome of the game. What DID have a bearing on the outcome of the game was Vonflare self voting when the 5 town PRs had claimed in conjunction with the probably TT configuration of this game. I.e. no fakeclaims meant we should have focused on all the VTs the day vonflare self voted. Sure...we might have voted SD and been wrong but it would have got us to the next day with people who were actually starting to suspect Tool and TSO and SD would have been out of the picture.

So focus your misguided indignation at vonflare or yourself for crappy play :idea:

Good game scum.

Interesting set up mod.
I had considered JK'ing TSO instead of Tool. How would the night have ended if I had JK'd TSO?
You would have been roleblocked by tool, so TSO would be free to kill you.

I use this as much as possible :down:
NAR
The Golden Rule

Apply actions which modify other actions before the actions they modify.

Applying the Golden Rule in Three Easy Steps

1. Find an action (or a passive modifier, such as Bulletproof) such that its effect cannot possibly be modified by any other action.
2. Resolve it.
3. Repeat from step 1 until all actions are resolved.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:58 am

Post by ~Jordan` »

you know ive got nothing to hide
you know ive got nothing
kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:45 am

Post by T S O »

Thoughts.

My god, I had like 4 posts before Desperado hammered. Like, jesus. Seeing that just sickened me because from experience in Opens, when a scum partner goes down d1 you're in for a hell of a long ride. I got some neat interactions with him at the end, so that was nice, but still.

We killed Matias n1 because Matias is a pretty consistent town player who's usually universally townread. We also didn't want to prevent arguments from happening, and Desperado vs ABR was pretty kool. I think from my limited scum experience, what always kills Town is in-house fighting, and this game was no different.

On that note, I thought our nightkills were inspired. We killed ABR after he'd fucked Town and was onto us, we nailed the fitz kill after tool convinced me Sakura was too risky, we Strongmanned Desp when there was protection on him, etc. etc.

Day 2 I backed off vonflare because by acknowledging him as Town he basically had to call me Town too. Same with Desp, I guess, but Desp was so busy with ABR he never really analysed me. I went after anxiety because I felt he was a pretty viable mislynch in the circumstances.

Then TvK happened and that was poor, poor play. Why would scum fakeclaim a role which confirms Town every night? ABR inducing SD to hammer made me piss myself laughing. Desperado dead n2, roll on d3, roll on anxiety mislynch.

And so forth. I'm pretty sure I've given my opinion on the fiasco which was d4 and d5, but really I don't know how tool and I did it (tool <3)
Kaiveran
Kaiveran
Goon
Kaiveran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:31 pm

Post by Kaiveran »

In post 890, T S O wrote: On that note, I thought our nightkills were inspired. We killed ABR after he'd fucked Town and was onto us, we nailed the fitz kill after tool convinced me Sakura was too risky, we
Strongmanned Desp
when there was protection on him, etc. etc)
That ABR kill was fucking perfect, his cryptic behavior and poor play spread the dreaded Whyfoam Haze across the whole game. It threw me off the trail of you too, that idea spread around and gave you guys some good ammo to use against my slot (sorry Aegor.)

And damn, I forgot that Strongman was a JOAT power, so in fact there was no increase in risk at all if you had a scumteam indicating 4 Ts or less, as you wouldn't have to worry about more possibility of protective roles.

So basically in this setup, once you out a confirmed townie, they're deader than a fucking doornail, unless you have 5+ Ts and 1+ P. Maybe this could be a point towards improving the setup?
I'm meowing
AT
you, not
WITH
you
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 10:17 am