Mini 2206 - Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV - END!

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:29 am

Post by SirCakez »

ok then do something Mom. I'm not stopping you but you're acting all indignant.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 909, SirCakez wrote:I definitely don't like whatever it is that Mom is doing
Wanna help me wagon there?
My preference is Leafeon over Mom right now because Leafeon has been around for the entire game and done nothing (and beeboy is following his lukrfuck scum meta to a T), whereas Mom entry is so far not great but there's a greater chance she flips town here.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:43 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 909, SirCakez wrote:I'm so confused you just spent a bunch of posts calling them scum and I don't see where your mind changed
They are the slot most in need of reread at the moment, that's for sure.

What I didn't like about the slot is mainly Skitter's push against me; I thought that it was static and it felt more that she was just finding reasons to suspect me rather then figure me out.

But while I don't agree that scum would approach NM the way that I did if they were trying to kill him, I understand where she's coming from. I understand why she is squicked out over the way that I approached you.

So if I take a step back and take her push on me out of the equation, I did like Lilith's half of it (the idea that I'd be taking NM down for towncred/creating an anti-align makes more sense than me trying to mislynch him), and her explanation of being self-centered when trying to figure out people's alignments makes sense for why she's been so focused on me. I also agree with Kismet that skitter doesn't make the clique post directed towards notscience in this game as scum - it's a genuine opinion sure but I don't think that it offers her any value as scum whereas if she pisses notscience off it might rock the boat in a way that messes things up for her.

I don't remember anything they've done outside of push me though, hence probably should reread.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 917, Infinity 324 wrote:I would be pretty unhappy if anyone except nacho was limmed today

His cases aren't someone who believes players are scum, his mindset is "why me instead of these people who aren't doing anything"
No, this is tunnel vision reading part of my post and disregarding the rest. Beeboy has very clear meta that leads to him posting as town and not posting as scum. In this game he hasn't posted anything except for some random theory thoughts and the absolute scarcest of reads in other places.

Leaf has asked shallow questions that don't lead anywhere and are clearly just being asked for the sake of doing something - prime example of that is asking VFT who they wanted to lim after VFT voted me and talked about reasons why I might be scum.

This, in my very biased opinion, is a more solid scumcase then the one on me and a much smarter lynch than one on me.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 919, Kismet wrote:high info flips imo are a better way to play this setup than pure PoE, although obviously there is a balance here to try to find the right amount of % likelihood to be scum and useful interactions

I still believe what i said earlier: the not_mafias of this game can be ignored for now.

find people likely to be scum for play.

the town people not posting desperately need to make themselves known. i don't want to go into d3 with nobody dead but lurkfucks, regardless of what the score is.
You only get a "high info flip" if you hit scum.

If you were scum here, I'd guarantee you'd be a hell of a lot happier with a D1 with Nacho (the most active player in the game) getting mislynched than you would if town mislynched L&G instead. When I die and flip town, the only information gained is that you really
don't
know how to read me.

You're correct that we should be killing someone with the highest chance of being scum, but you're not doing that with killing me.

I would argue that I have the widest townrange and the widest scumrange over anyone else in this playerlist and so am the hardest read to make - do you really think that I have a better chance of flipping scum over L&G who, again, includes beeboy which has the old notsci meta of "posting = town and lurking = scum"?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:11 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 920, Kismet wrote:its why eliming hypothetical town!n_m day 1 is literally like the worst case scenario. scum just flips one of their own lurkers next and we're nowhere
And I addressed this in my last post but this is just not true at all.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 922, Momrangal wrote:No. It's entirely unacceptable for a rep in to have a bigger game state awareness compared to someone who's been here from go.
I don't really understand this. Who are you saying doesn't have good game state awareness and why?

And if you have good game state awareness to this point, where is it? I've skimmed a few of your town games since you've been back and you've become a sharp town player. This isn't that. Show me what you're capable of.

Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:20 am

Post by Disaster Cartel »

ahhhh

nacho, do you have anything you want me to look at/read over when i’m home later? or if we’re both online later we can talk then too?

i like... i still have the weird dissonance from before but i want to at least talk to you bc you’re putting in a fuckton of effort right now and after thinking... it doesn’t make sense to dislike your slot but like your reads i think? if that makes sense, like there’s something wrong but idk!!!

- ydra
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:23 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 932, Disaster Cartel wrote:ahhhh

nacho, do you have anything you want me to look at/read over when i’m home later? or if we’re both online later we can talk then too?

i like... i still have the weird dissonance from before but i want to at least talk to you bc you’re putting in a fuckton of effort right now and after thinking... it doesn’t make sense to dislike your slot but like your reads i think? if that makes sense, like there’s something wrong but idk!!!

- ydra
I think L&G is pretty clearly scum at this point so I'd love some input on the reasons that I pointed out already.

If your slot is town then I'm pretty confident there's scum in Not_Mafia/Salsa/VFT, so I'd love some opinions on someone in that trio if you get the chance. I'm planning on working on reading through VFT right now so depending on when you're home that's probably what I'll be thinking about. I appreciate the reachout.

Disaster Cartel
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Disaster Cartel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:27 am

Post by Disaster Cartel »

off the top of my head i can tell you that there was one read i thought felt towny from l+g (actually from beeboy which like, with his meta surprised me that he was that... idk the word, intuitive maybe despite not being around?), and early on i felt a lot of my thoughts aligning with vft as well, alongside a lack of ~bad vibes~ i generally get which made me feel good townbinning them, but i’ll reread both

the other two though don’t have... a lot of content thought to them, nm theory talk mostly for him and tone for salsa but i can provide more when i actually read their isos since they’re small

it’ll be a few hours so whenever i am around tonight i’ll give Thoughts. i’d honestly feel really bad if you were town and like, idk, didn’t get to interact with some good faith? maybe i’m assuming too much abt everyone’s reads on you but yeah

- ydra
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 930, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 920, Kismet wrote:its why eliming hypothetical town!n_m day 1 is literally like the worst case scenario. scum just flips one of their own lurkers next and we're nowhere
And I addressed this in my last post but this is just not true at all.
Just no. This is frustrating as all hell - I don't believe that when ffery post my flip that one of your thoughts will be "WELP AT LEAST WE DIDN'T MISLYNCH NOT_MAFIA" and if it is then I have no nice words for you here.

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:32 am

Post by notscience »

As I've said already, I think if nacho is scum he's probably bussing his teammates given how his reads are lining up with mine (that havent all been voiced) so I'm not totally concerned elimming outside of there by virtue of how the setup works. I'm not going to actively oppose the wagon on him though.

@Mara- your response to me makes no sense. I'm sorry you don't get 1 on 1 interaction but you have multiple interactions from me with multiple people, with nacho with multiple people, kismet, VFT, etc. If you want me to listen to your reads I need more than "They have easy reads." The entire playerlist has easy reads. Noone has had ANY controversial reads. It's literally how a lot of games have gone recently, where the easy answers are the right ones. You can prove me wrong by showing me if you're town (by doing things, not by complaining) so I can figure out who I have to reevaluate.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:34 am

Post by notscience »

Actually I feel like this is just another bork wagon in 2181

mmmm
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 934, Disaster Cartel wrote:off the top of my head i can tell you that there was one read i thought felt towny from l+g (actually from beeboy which like, with his meta surprised me that he was that... idk the word, intuitive maybe despite not being around?), and early on i felt a lot of my thoughts aligning with vft as well, alongside a lack of ~bad vibes~ i generally get which made me feel good townbinning them, but i’ll reread both

the other two though don’t have... a lot of content thought to them, nm theory talk mostly for him and tone for salsa but i can provide more when i actually read their isos since they’re small

it’ll be a few hours so whenever i am around tonight i’ll give Thoughts. i’d honestly feel really bad if you were town and like, idk, didn’t get to interact with some good faith? maybe i’m assuming too much abt everyone’s reads on you but yeah

- ydra
Salsa/NM I'm not expecting much on either, mostly just reading the people around them. I did like Salsa's entrance quite a bit for what it was but 30 pages later it's harder to justify holding her above people with a larger body of work.

Should be around for a while, don't really have any significant plans for today other than nursing a hangover.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:40 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 937, notscience wrote:Actually I feel like this is just another bork wagon in 2181

mmmm
???

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 830, Infinity 324 wrote:@ydra Talk to mena about nacho for me

Nacho keeps posting stuff that pings me and I'm at the point where he's just always going to be my preferred elim for today so yeah
In post 844, Infinity 324 wrote:Oh if that's the case nacho is even more scummy here somehow
In post 857, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah I also feel paranoid that everyone seems to have the same reads but townblocs are rough for scum to deal with, if nacho flips town I'll re-evaluate
In post 917, Infinity 324 wrote:I would be pretty unhappy if anyone except nacho was limmed today

His cases aren't someone who believes players are scum, his mindset is "why me instead of these people who aren't doing anything"
yeah you don't just get to sit on your hands and push me for the rest of the day
who are my partners? who am I bussing? who do you townread and why?

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:43 am

Post by notscience »

I stepped aside for it but did nothing either way and he flipped red. I'm looking at the parrallels as a different venue to evaluate it.

I'm still waiting for SOMEONE to post or I'm about to just say to elim the fuck out of him
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:52 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 940, Nachomamma8 wrote:who are my partners? who am I bussing? who do you townread and why?
You're scum with bulge and maybe DC, I don't know who else. I've talked about my TRs on kismet, VFT, L&G, and notsci is pretty obvtown too. My cakez read is really hard to explain but it feels like he believes in his pushes. Honestly I think me posting a lot of content would do more harm than good because there are like 5 people who need to catch up before we can really make progress here.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:53 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

What's your rebuttal to my case on L&G?

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:59 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I just...don't see your reasons for SRing mist. For example the kismet question made a lot of sense, after my interaction with her kismet came in and TRed both of us so it's reasonable to ask whether he's also scum with us or what. A bunch of your issues are wording issues which I don't agree are there. Looks to me like she's demotivated and latching on to the most salient things for her. The beeboy thing is fine, I thought his TR on me was pretty good but idk beeboy's meta enough to say whether his play so far is scummy for him (does he tend to post theory as scum? town? does he say absolutely nothing as scum, or poke his head in once in a while?)
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 944, Infinity 324 wrote:I just...don't see your reasons for SRing mist. For example the kismet question made a lot of sense, after my interaction with her kismet came in and TRed both of us so it's reasonable to ask whether he's also scum with us or what. A bunch of your issues are wording issues which I don't agree are there. Looks to me like she's demotivated and latching on to the most salient things for her. The beeboy thing is fine, I thought his TR on me was pretty good but idk beeboy's meta enough to say whether his play so far is scummy for him (does he tend to post theory as scum? town? does he say absolutely nothing as scum, or poke his head in once in a while?)
Point taken on the kismet question.
Do you feel the same about the others that I highlighted?

None of my issues are wording issues so that's wrong. It's hypocritical for Mist to attack Cakez for not being thorough enough in reasoning when Mist isn't a player who is thorough with reasoning, like, ever. Her reasoning for saying that Cakez was trying to present uncontroversial reads was just bad - she said that he didn't give a read on me when yes he did and she dinged him for not giving a read on the Not_Mafia because he was a "top wagon" when she hadn't given a read on Not_Mafia herself which is also just bad.
In post 604, Leafeon and Glaceon wrote:Infinity feels really town to me.
Unless they are very good at faking being confused and struggling to articulate reads :V

~Glaceon
Why does this quote make L&G more likely to be town?

Beeboy's meta is that he posts far less as scum than he does town. I don't like him posting theory here because he's posting theory instead of engaging the game in any meaningful way whatsoever.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 945, Nachomamma8 wrote:Do you feel the same about the others that I highlighted?
Not really, but when you're disengaged town you don't ask the best questions and calling those questions an attempt to look active is a stretch. The scum motivation isn't really there.
None of my issues are wording issues so that's wrong.
I guess the only wording issue was with the "tailored to not sticking out in the threadstate" thing
It's hypocritical for Mist to attack Cakez for not being thorough enough in reasoning when Mist isn't a player who is thorough with reasoning, like, ever. Her reasoning for saying that Cakez was trying to present uncontroversial reads was just bad - she said that he didn't give a read on me when yes he did and she dinged him for not giving a read on the Not_Mafia because he was a "top wagon" when she hadn't given a read on Not_Mafia herself which is also just bad.
None of this is scum-indicative imo.

Honestly I'm not too interested in sorting L&G at this point since if beeboy doesn't post by the end of d2 I'd be happy to elim there and I'd much rather scum safehouse them than safehouse you.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Also mistyx could catch up and spew her alignment either way
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 946, Infinity 324 wrote:Honestly I'm not too interested in sorting L&G at this point
Trust me, I can tell.

This is what tunneling looks like. You're not giving my posts or my points a fair shake because you think that I am scum. You are ignoring what I am doing because you think that I am scum.

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:31 am

Post by fferyllt »

floof
Last edited by fferyllt on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”