Open 548-WiFom City: The Invasion (Over)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I have to vote Hoopla. Let's do it, grey. Put an end to this.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Talk to Llama. I re-read your old reads and I agree with why you thought SR was town, but find it harder to agree with your points about why Hoopla was town...
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by Greymarble »

My points about Hoopla town are very good. Hoopla is just very good at faking her town game.

The one time I caught her was because of a heavy mechanic based game with scum choices (and I outguessed her mechanics), and she got me lynched anyway.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by Greymarble »

Which, by the way, is no mean feat to mislynch me. I give her mad props for that.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:27 pm

I think it's Hoopla
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Unvote

So undecided....
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:30 pm

I feel like it's a 50/50
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:30 pm

SR and Hoopla need to make a really good case for why they are town and the other is scum.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by Greymarble »

And now I...

*sigh*
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by Greymarble »

So many

good points

and I feel

You want to hammer
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Greymarble »

In post 182, Shockwave Rider wrote:UNVOTE: VOTE: notscience

This looks like fishing for towncred.
In post 197, Shockwave Rider wrote:
In post 188, notscience wrote:Because we spend time arguing and then gauge how people react to it

But it does jack shit now
This is just it though. Your post looks like an attempt to gain towncred by "generating discussion" by doing something outside the box. With the way this game has been going I think that would be a good way for scum to fish for towncred. I notice you haven't drawn any conclusions from the reactions so far.

Sorry I haven't been on. I'll get in a reread and say more later today.
These two posts and the way SR doesn't really participate in either of the two subsequent NS wagons (NS vs Aisa and NS start of D2) feel right for treatment-of-buddy.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by Greymarble »

The accusation is trumped up in the first place; I don't know that SR bothers to point it out without the additional factor of NS being interesting because buddy.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by Greymarble »

And yes, Hoopla is very good at scum or I'd feel a lot more confident.
I do think the following posts point to her being town though:
In post 79, Hoopla wrote: soz bbe, u scum. shoulda just played it cool

UNVOTE:
VOTE: dragon alliance
Getting into the trenches early (this is a bit more antagonistic than some reasons and a vote) is a good sign.
In post 80, Hoopla wrote:also, as happy as i am that rottweiler was defending me and seemingly explaining things for me, it seems weird for him to invest himself in it so much. i think the neutral "voice of reason" role is often taken up by scum because it is a cheap way to score town cred without much risk. soooo, keeping an eye on that
Why are you townreading/defending me is simply less common for scum to say than it is for town.
In post 373, Hoopla wrote:i know some people probably won't like this style of play/logic, but i'm basically at the point where i won't lynch a handful of people, but will lynch anyone else.

won't lynch: greymarble, ika, abr, rottweiler

iam's recent posts have been fine and he tends to come good once he's interested, so add him to that list too.

everyone else i don't really have any town tells on, so consider my vote on all of them.
Hoopla showed a proactive & matter of fact attitude throughout this game.
In post 397, Hoopla wrote:cool.

aisa vs. notscience head to head battle.

everyone who hasn't picked a side yet, do so plz
I've mentioned this before but at the time the votes for NotScience were me and Rottweiler, so setting up the day phase as Aisa vs NS would be putting a buddy into a risky situation.
In post 540, Hoopla wrote:he's done nothing town either. he's getting flashwagoned as a compromise as far as i can tell, and as long as scum isn't the driving force behind the flashwagon (greymarble), it being a flashwagon isn't really suspicious.

i am actually kind of suspicious of your white-knighting of MTD, especially if he flips town. you're displaying too much certainty over what is essentially a null-ish slot.
"If the wagon of the day flips town, I'm looking at X" is a statement that (for a scumbag) feels like stepping into a trap. It's works against instincts developed in a lynch liners up of lynches meta.
In post 542, Hoopla wrote:
In post 539, Rottweiler wrote:Besides I will clearly need allies tomorrow, when I will 200% not be alive
no offense, but why would scum want to get rid of your spammy tunneling? the only reason is if greymarble is scum, but even then, keeping you alive is probably beneficial for them anyway because you have little credibility and just post noise.

as an aside (i was going to save this for tomorrow when i do a proper analysis): i am not as super-convinced on the sakura/greymarble slot like i was initially - your counterexample was convincing enough to bring it back to nullish, but llamarble is a valuable town player who i don't want to see die today, which is why i didn't bother correcting my read on this slot. greyice also seems to be able to read me ok from when i've played with him, so that is incentive for me to keep him alive too. i also think his "i'm so obtown, scum are scared of me" posturing is likely to be town, most because boisterous players who claim obvtownness like that do tend to be really motivated as town, and less so as scum. Tierce, hitogoroshi and Llamafluff are other examples of players who exploit that obvtown transparency angle as town, but suck at doing it as scum. i reckon greyice is probably similar.

regardless, i want to wait until tomorrow to look ar them properly after the fallout of today, and see what analysis llamarble brings to the game.

so, that's why we shouldn't lynch that slot atm.
It's hard for scum to hesitate in their townreads of slots that are already difficult to lynch and will probably be obvtown the rest of the game.
And yes, "why would scum want to get rid of YOU?" sounds like something annoyed town would say.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Post by Greymarble »

In post 856, Shockwave Rider wrote:Here are some things about Hoopla:
In post 24, Hoopla wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: sakura
Naked votes are something that I see more often as scum and are something I'm more tempted to do when I'm scum. Not a huge tell but it is something.

Next I don't like the attack on Dragon Alliance. I feel that wagon was on low hanging fruit ad the kind of thing scum would flock to. Also after a week of the game had passed Hoopla basically hadn't given any reads on any players other than DA. It's true the game was very slow but it could be scum not actually curious about determining the alignment of others but just doing the minimum to look like they have a justified vote.
In post 843, Hoopla wrote:i've suddenly lost motivation for this game. don't know why, but i'm happy settling on my vote for profont. he needs to be one of the lynches either today or tomorrow, so lets just get it done.
I feel like if Hoopla is town, she should have more confidence that Hoopla is scum. She seems to think I'm not likely scum because of the setup choice thing. So who does she think the other scum is then Albert? She doesn't seem to have much confidence in Albert scum or reason to believe it. It's also not a very good read imo.

VOTE: Hoopla
Also this post is simply scummy. It's logicked out like an excuse instead of an explanation.
"A townie should be more sure of this!" + "I see more often not a huge tell I don't like I feel kind of thing it could be scum I feel like she seems she doesn't seem."
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:32 pm

Post by Hoopla »

greymarble is town. cool. i was a lot more paranoid about that slot than ABR, and although Grey being confirmed town brings ABR back onto the table as a possible lynch (as the optimal play here would be to sheep the confirmed townie on their decision), i'm a lot more sure it is Shockwave over ABR.

for me, i think i overly invested myself on town-SR based on
that
tell, to the point where it made me skip over everything else shockwave had done throughout the game. in general he has sat back and chiseled out a tunnel on me without really investing much effort. this can easily be considered a form of active lurking, as it provides himself with a script each time he posts and makes it look like he's doing something. admittedly, i haven't been super accurate this game (none of us have really), but i have been doing my best to pursue lynches i thought were correct and defend people who i thought were town (including shockwave at times). despite shockwave's tunnel on me, he essentially comes from nowhere to hammer profont who he didn't express suspicion for, yet was clearly a necessary mislynch for shockwave's victory path as scum. i'm actually curious about grey (and abr's) thoughts on shockwave's hammer yesterday, because neither of them have seemed to mention it.
In post 949, Greymarble wrote:It's unquestionable Hoopla is playing a better game than Shockwave Rider. I think even Shockwave would admit Hoopla is a better player. If only the bad ones got scum all the time.
without sounding arrogant, when it comes to mudslinging contests that these lylo situations often turn out to be, i think i will always present myself better than shockwave as town or scum. i don't think you or abr should be voting based on what i or shockwave say, because regardless of alignment our objective is essentially the same: get the other person lynched. i am town, i have done my best. if either of you have questions for me, i'll be happy to answer them, but i'm not going to comb through shockwave's posts and make you read my spin on why he's scum. you should be doing that yourself.

okay, okay. just one snarky comment:
In post 934, Shockwave Rider wrote:The hell is this?

VOTE: Hoopla. You played a good game. Don't know that I have much more to say. How awkward it was when you were explaining why you were voting for me was pretty hilarious though.
tell me that doesn't look fake.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:25 am

Post by Shockwave Rider »

In post 964, Hoopla wrote:despite shockwave's tunnel on me, he essentially comes from nowhere to hammer profont who he didn't express suspicion for, yet was clearly a necessary mislynch for shockwave's victory path as scum. i'm actually curious about grey (and abr's) thoughts on shockwave's hammer yesterday, because neither of them have seemed to mention it.
There was like a day left before deadline when I hammered him.
Hoopla wrote:Also this post is simply scummy. It's logicked out like an excuse instead of an explanation.
"A townie should be more sure of this!" + "I see more often not a huge tell I don't like I feel kind of thing it could be scum I feel like she seems she doesn't seem."
It's true I don't think these points are overly strong, though I do think they're legitimate. I suspected Hoopla yesterday mostly based on process of elimination. I feel like Albert wasn't taking advantage of the apathetic town the way I would expect if he was scum. And I felt Profont had a town resonse the early Dragon Alliance wagon while Hoopla had a scum one. The points quoted above are an attempt to create a case nonetheless.

I'm interested in why Hoopla is now sure I'm scum rather than ABR. At first she was voting e because she felt I'm more likely to be lynched. But now she's sure I'm the scum, for no real reason.
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:38 am

Post by Hoopla »

simply put, ABR isn't good enough to fake a scumgame like this. it's unnecessarily creative and weird. if he is, good on him, i'm prepared to lose to that. you're just more likely.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:55 am

Vote: SR

Yeah it has to be SR. It has to be.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:56 am

GG town
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:44 am

Post by Greymarble »

Well now that we're confirmed town, I guess there isn't any point to no lynching.
I disappear Friday, so hopefully Grey and I can find some time today to make a decision.
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:09 am

Post by Shockwave Rider »

In post 966, Hoopla wrote:simply put, ABR isn't good enough to fake a scumgame like this. it's unnecessarily creative and weird. if he is, good on him, i'm prepared to lose to that. you're just more likely.
When did you come to that conclusion? Why wasn't that part of your reasoning when you fist voted for me?
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 970, Shockwave Rider wrote:
In post 966, Hoopla wrote:simply put, ABR isn't good enough to fake a scumgame like this. it's unnecessarily creative and weird. if he is, good on him, i'm prepared to lose to that. you're just more likely.
When did you come to that conclusion?
i've had him as the least likeliest candidate all day. if it wasn't you, greymarble was my next choice, but that has recently been ruled out. are you going anywhere with this?
In post 970, Shockwave Rider wrote:Why wasn't that part of your reasoning when you fist voted for me?
it was...
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by Greymarble »

This game is going to keep distracting me until I surrender to my itchy trigger finger.
VOTE: Shockwave Rider

*ducks*
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Post by Greymarble »

Never mind; it is going to keep distracting me until fliptime.
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:15 am

Post by Greymarble »

Llama has my full support.

Apologies for not being around, I'll explain later, but not really in the mood for mafia at the moment.

Return to “Completed Open Games”