Open 548-WiFom City: The Invasion (Over)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:58 am

Post by Titus »

Votecount 1.02

[L-3] Sakura Hana - Rottweiler, notscience, Shockwave Rider, Hoopla
[L-5] Rottweiler - Albert R. Rampage, Aisa
[L-5] notscience - iamausername, Sakura Hana,
[L-6] Dragon Alliance - MTD
[L-6] Hoopla - Dragon Alliance, Profont

Not voting: Aronis

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 8:45 AM PST ((expired on 2014-03-05 08:45:00)).

Sakura Hana is v/la from today until Tuesday.

Zekrom25 head of Dragon Alliance is v/la until further notice.

Anyone who needs formatting fixed, feel free to ask.
---
The group has gotten through early voting and has started to vote less frequently. Yet, the everlooming threat of death remains. Who will Titus terminate from the elite guard at the group's request?
Last edited by Titus on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by notscience »

@puppy-

What are you thinking of Aisa atm?
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

( phone post )

i think aisa has a point
Dragon Alliance
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:23 pm

Post by Dragon Alliance »

In post 77, Zekrom25 wrote:( phone post )

i think aisa has a point
Good thing we aren't a hidden hydra.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 44, Dragon Alliance wrote:Because town should give reason for everything they do especially voting. Until Hoopla gives a good explanation I don't want our vote to change.
don't you find it mildly hypocritical that you believe town should give reasons for everything they do (this is a bad belief btw), yet you float onto page 2 with a nothing post? what was your reason for that? because i don't see any reason townies shouldn't be progressing the game.

i think it's nonsensical that you're trying to turn suspicion on me for what is essentially a difference in aesthetics. i wasn't suspicious of you when i made my post, but i think your followups trying to justify yourself have been overreaching, especially given the placid nature of my original probing. i am suspicious of you now.
In post 66, Rottweiler wrote:What Hoopla did, hopping on the Sakura wagon, with the very naked vote that you find "not town", is how you actually get people out of RVS. It provokes reactions.
to sate dragon alliance's worry about my naked vote, my reason was basically this. it's good to build little wagons and see what comes of them. sometimes it is nothing. sometimes you will get two pages of discourse. you can't predict what will come from an action, but you give the game the opportunity for something to happen. this is largely the reason why i probed dragon alliance. because his post at the start of page two wasn't an attempt to further the game.

to reiterate, that isn't really scummy in and of itself - more lazy and unambitious. BUT, the fallout where he unabashedly claims sakura is a mislynch then and then the progression of thought that eventually declines into:
In post 63, Dragon Alliance wrote:A naked vote is not town. not town = scum. That is all I have at this time.

A naked vote in RVS isn't RVS to me, it is opportunistic.
seems silly, and for the most part i don't know why he has spent so much time explaining his reasoning, when his reasoning is so shallow. scum are more likely to overcompensate imo, because that is the nature of lying, and that is exactly what he's doing.

soz bbe, u scum. shoulda just played it cool

UNVOTE:
VOTE: dragon alliance
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by Hoopla »

also, as happy as i am that rottweiler was defending me and seemingly explaining things for me, it seems weird for him to invest himself in it so much. i think the neutral "voice of reason" role is often taken up by scum because it is a cheap way to score town cred without much risk. soooo, keeping an eye on that
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Rottweiler »

@ns
See my last question to Aisa. It should give you a feeling about what I'm thinking.

@Hoopla
I disagree with your dragon scumread. I feel that beast stubbornly insisting that your naked vote is a scumtell shows town. Scum know better than to insist in something they see people don't agree with. That said, I'm sceptical because he dropped it in his last post.

Also, fwiw, I wasn't really defending you. I was attacking the arguments against you, because I found them weak and possible to come from opportunistic scum. I do think you might be town for wanting to get out of RVS, but at the same time I'm pretty sure you'd do something similar as scum so I can't really say I'm townreading you.

~Wis
Dragon Alliance
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:02 pm

You as in Hydra or You as in Beast?

Zekrom was worried because I was v/la because of a snow/ice storm. I am not sure if they fully understood how a hydra worked. From what I can tell they felt like without me they weren't going to be able to post or something like that. I have since then told them to post regardless of if I am here or not.

Also, your over extending thing doesn't make sense to me right now. Would scum do they if they were worried about being lynched to try to get the wagon off of them? I am not closed to be lynched.

Also, I think my other head is v/la so you all will be dealing with me for the most part.

Pedit:
I am pretty sure MTD was defending you and not Rott.

@Rott:
My asia has a point post or that fact that what you said made sense? I don't know what zekrom was talking about with asia and seeing something a way someone else said it might be is not scummy. I will admit to mistakes if/when i make them and if someone makes a valid point against what I am argueing then I will acknoledge it. I have the horrible habit of tunneling people to death.

-Beast
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 81, Rottweiler wrote:Scum know better than to...
[snip]
this is where you've gone wrong. a lot of scum don't know better about a lot of things. you're projecting your own understanding and ideas of the game onto someone else. why are you attributing him this level of understanding when he legitimately has said things like
"A naked vote is not town. not town = scum"
?

it looks more like he is overcompensating/overexplaining which are hallmarks of someone trying to lie. your explanation hinges on him being aware of the metagame and altering a natural tendency because of it. why are you giving him this much credit? i haven't seen anything to suggest he is an overly insightful player capable of making such adjustments.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 82, Dragon Alliance wrote:Also, your over extending thing doesn't make sense to me right now. Would scum do they if they were worried about being lynched to try to get the wagon off of them? I am not closed to be lynched.
i'm talking about the way you jumped to a lot of conclusions based off almost nothing, and the way you continually explained yourself after that.

i appreciate that wifom defense though. pretty sexy.
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Rottweiler »

In post 82, Dragon Alliance wrote:@Rott:
My asia has a point post or that fact that what you said made sense? I don't know what zekrom was talking about with asia and seeing something a way someone else said it might be is not scummy. I will admit to mistakes if/when i make them and if someone makes a valid point against what I am argueing then I will acknoledge it. I have the horrible habit of tunneling people to death.
What are you responding to here?

~Wis
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by Rottweiler »

@Hoopla
Fair enough. It's a mistake I often make. I just feel that he wouldn't want to bring attention to him that way, repeating an argument that doesn't gain any support. Sure, there are scum who do those stuff on purpose so I cannot say with certainty that he is town because of this - but it's the feeling I get.

What are your thoughts on Aisa and profont?

~Wis
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 86, Rottweiler wrote:What are your thoughts on Aisa and profont?
profont's initial reason for pressuring me seems pretty abstract and gut based, which i cannot really criticise (other than for being incorrect) as that is often how i derive my reads (and also subsequently find them hard to explain). his followup explanation in post 54 seems sincere in its simplicity.

aisa looks logical and proactive. i don't have a read on her either way, though.
Dragon Alliance
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:33 pm

In post 81, Rottweiler wrote:That said, I'm sceptical because he dropped it in his last post.
This is what I was talking about when talking to you.

@Hoopla:

What do you want me to do, not explain stuff? If someone asks me something I am going to answer them and try to get my logic across as best I can.
Also, I don't understand what you were saying about me in . Are you saying I am scum because I don't shut up about you or I am not good enough to be town and not shut up about you, or something else? Also, the You I was referring to was when you said that I came onto page 2 not contributing. I was wonder if you meant Beast or Dragon.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Hoopla »

i meant you as in your slot, dragon alliance. looking back, that non-contributing-post was made by zek. you should know that?

in post 83, i am saying to rottweiler that he is assuming that you think about the game in the same way that he does, and because he wouldn't do a certain thing as scum, it means you wouldn't too, which is wrong.
Dragon Alliance
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Dragon Alliance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:10 pm

I do know that but I was trying to see if you could keep your facts straight.

Ok, i misunderstood it completely then.

What is your opinion on MTD?
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:20 pm

Post by Aronis »

Hoopla and Rottweiler seem to ne leaning town atm. Now to sort the rest of you.
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:08 pm

Post by Rottweiler »

In post 91, Aronis wrote:Hoopla and Rottweiler seem to ne leaning town atm. Now to sort the rest of you.
You planning on going under the radar in this game too?

~ Dog
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:30 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 92, Rottweiler wrote:
In post 91, Aronis wrote:Hoopla and Rottweiler seem to ne leaning town atm. Now to sort the rest of you.

~ Dog
I never said that. I'm simply waiting till I can get some decent reads, before voting people. But apparently your just supposed to jump on a random wagon until then from what I can tell.

DA seems town from what I can tell. Why are you voting Sakura?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:17 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 69, Rottweiler wrote:So you're basically taking your "accusation" back?

Why are you not commenting on anything else? Such as profont's posts?

~Wis
Yes, I am.
I already recognized I was wrong in post #62, when I said "But your reasoning makes sense".
UNVOTE: Rottweiler

Your post was the first thing that jumped out to me. I was going to have a second more detailed look, but then I got busy in RL.
Profont's posts were mildly hypocritical and opportunistic, but just about every wagon coming out of RVS is. There is just so few stuff to comment on that no wagon will be 100% reasonable.
In post 70, Rottweiler wrote:
In post 68, Aisa wrote:@Rottweiler: No, and in fact you didn't, you said you needed to discuss with the other head, which is more generic and allows more room for interpretation than planning ahead.

And I actually said "Needing to discuss
a vote so early in the game
doesn't make sense for town." I'm not saying that discussing in general is a thing only scum does. You're making it sound way more extreme.
My generalization doesn't hold true for you? Fine, just point it out, I'm not going to lynch you based on a single piece of evidence.
Didnt you pretty much vote us over a single piece of evidence?

Confused

Woof
~dog
Voting ≠ Lynching

Dragon Alliance (Beast)
was being clearly hypocritical, but it doesn't tell me much. It could be town or scum.
I don't think it is a towntell for the reasons Hoopla stated. I could call it a weak scumtell, because it could be scum hiding behind a poor reasoning.

@Aronis:
What makes you think that DA is town?
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Rottweiler »

In post 93, Aronis wrote:

~ Dog
I never said that. I'm simply waiting till I can get some decent reads, before voting people. But apparently your just supposed to jump on a random wagon until then from what I can tell.

Bit of an over reaction. Wasn't asking you to vote or anything. Just Asking if you planned in going under the radar like the jester game

(I'm MUTLEY btw)

~dog
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:34 am

Post by Aronis »

@Aisa, These posts.
In post 88, Dragon Alliance wrote:
In post 81, Rottweiler wrote:That said, I'm sceptical because he dropped it in his last post.
This is what I was talking about when talking to you.

@Hoopla:

What do you want me to do, not explain stuff? If someone asks me something I am going to answer them and try to get my logic across as best I can.
Also, I don't understand what you were saying about me in . Are you saying I am scum because I don't shut up about you or I am not good enough to be town and not shut up about you, or something else? Also, the You I was referring to was when you said that I came onto page 2 not contributing. I was wonder if you meant Beast or Dragon.
In post 63, Dragon Alliance wrote:
In post 46, Rottweiler wrote:
In post 44, Dragon Alliance wrote:Because town should give reason for everything they do especially voting
What town should do is not what town do. Basically you're saying anti-town = scum. Find better reasons.

Do you agree with Profont's reasons on why Hoopla is scum?

~Wis
Well anti-town is all I have right now so it is what I am going with. I think it is a little bit of a stretch. Them saying Serious Vote bugged me though. That is along the same thing as not giving a reason but in one game someone told me saying Serious Vote was getting people out of RVS so I am trying to not judge people who do it.
In post 48, MTD wrote:
In post 44, Dragon Alliance wrote:Sakura's was the only wagon that was forming so that is the only wagon to get on. They made it seems like we hadn't voted yet. Also, why are you hard defending Hoopla right now? You don't even let them reply to posts made towards them but rather you answer for them.

If anything what you are doing is anti-town. Let people answer and defend themselves. Unless you are sure Hoopla is town then please explain the logic of it because I clearly don't see it.

Pedit:
Because town should give reason for everything they do especially voting. Until Hoopla gives a good explanation I don't want our vote to change.

-Beast
I guess this is directed at me?

Ok, I didn't understand it that way, I thought the appeal included making a new wagon, also note that it was originally an "or" statement, the other possibility being to make observations, so really, you jumping on that...

I am not "hard defending" her but as I said I haven't seen anything scummy on her yet.
Please, show me the logic of her being scum, because I clearly don't see it.
I did
comment
on one of 3 questions you directed at her. I did not answer it for her, I did not say anything about the other two. What are you getting at?
Yes it was. I will try making sure I address my posts from now on so that it is easier to understand who I am talking to.

A naked vote is not town. not town = scum. That is all I have at this time. Wisdom called me out on it but this is what I have and am going to go with. Now, how am I scum?

Pedit:
A naked vote in RVS isn't RVS to me, it is opportunistic.

-Beast
In post 44, Dragon Alliance wrote:Sakura's was the only wagon that was forming so that is the only wagon to get on. They made it seems like we hadn't voted yet. Also, why are you hard defending Hoopla right now? You don't even let them reply to posts made towards them but rather you answer for them.

If anything what you are doing is anti-town. Let people answer and defend themselves. Unless you are sure Hoopla is town then please explain the logic of it because I clearly don't see it.

Pedit:
Because town should give reason for everything they do especially voting. Until Hoopla gives a good explanation I don't want our vote to change.

-Beast
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:37 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 95, Rottweiler wrote:
In post 93, Aronis wrote:

~ Dog

Bit of an over reaction. Wasn't asking you to vote or anything. Just Asking if you planned in going under the radar like the jester game

(I'm MUTLEY btw)

~dog
I'm town, I have no reason to hide. Why would I go under the radar?

And you still didn't answer my question.
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:15 am

Post by Rottweiler »

Cos you went under the radar last game and it was successful. We are voting Sakura from RVS. Haven't felt the need to change it as of yet. As my other head has said we are not going to be a hydra that keeps unvoting voting. So until we have come to a conclusion on our main scum target it won't change

~dog
Shockwave Rider
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Shockwave Rider
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:48 am

Post by Shockwave Rider »

I'm reading Dragon Alliance as town. When he called Sakura a mislynch wagon, I don't think that's something scum would be saying about their buddy, or something they would say about a townie being put under pressure.

I'm conflicted on Hoopla right now.

I have a gut scumread on Aisa.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Aisa.
First we had the legs race. Then we had the arms race. Now we're going to have the brain race. And, if we're lucky, the final stage will be the human race.

Return to “Completed Open Games”