Newbie 733 - KILL DIE DEAD - GAME OVER - SCUM WIN!

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Newbie 733 - KILL DIE DEAD - GAME OVER - SCUM WIN!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Welcome to mafiascum! We kill eachother here for fun!

Your job is to find out who among you is evil mafia and lynch them during the day before they get a chance to kill you during the night. And if you happen to be mafia, your job is pretty much the opposite -- blend in with the town during the day, kill at night, and lie until your pants go on fire and then tell everyone you can't smell the smoke. What smoke?

Alive:

wiploc

Sotty7
Supermouse The Rodent
Setanta
MilkyMoo

almightybob
Oriflare
Chainys

imaginality
wanderinronin
Heiki

*iamausername

*Denotes IC player
(bolded have confirmed)

Dead:

AceMarksman - Townie - lynched Day 1
RedCoyote - Townie - Killed Night 1

Fishythefish
jayfin3
- townie - lynched Day 2
*Vi - doc - Killed N2
Last edited by elvis_knits on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:58 am, edited 21 times in total.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Setup:

This game uses the 9-player setup called F11, which consists of four possibilities:

a) 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
b) 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
c) 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
d) 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.

One of these was chosen by random.org. The same goes for role assignments. Every outcome is equally likely.

Possible Role PM's:

(hijacked from zu_faul who stole them from CDB)

The following are the possible role PMs that may be in this game (see Setup):

Mafia Aligned:

The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is simply a Goon). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both so long as you live).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is a pro-Mafia Roleblocker). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remain; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched (if that someone is not your partner or yourself, that will make things much easier). You may talk with your partner when it is not Day, and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no kills will happen until Night One.
Town Aligned:

The Mod wrote:You are the , and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected), unless you are roleblocked. You may not protect yourself.
The Mod wrote:You are the , and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues), unless you are roleblocked. You cannot investigate yourself.
The Mod wrote:You are a , and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.
Even though many games start with Night, Newbie Games begin with Day once everyone has confirmed that they understand their role. Scum are allowed to talk by PM in the pre-game stage, but no other "night actions" may be taken.
Last edited by elvis_knits on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:06 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Rules:

(stolen from Mr. Flay, with a few additions)
  • Votes must be in bold for them to count, like this:
    Vote: Werebear
    . Unvotes should also be bolded (
    Unvote: Orbiting
    ) so that I can spot them easier, but it's not required.
  • A simple majority of votes (1/2 the number of living players plus one, rounded down) will achieve a lynch and end the Day. Unvoting after that point will not save someone's life. If a deadline is imposed, the required number of votes may be lowered.
  • Twilight is the time after a lynching vote is cast and before I post the death scene. You may post during this period, but do not take anything for granted about the allignment of a player until I post the death scene.
  • Nights will last up to 72 hours, but may be shorter if all night choices are in before the deadline.
  • Dead men tell no tales. If you get killed, stop talking until the game is over.
  • Do not discuss this game with other players outside of this thread, unless your role PM specifically stated you could do so (as scum, and then only at night).
  • Do not directly quote any PMs you receive; I have already posted the roles above, but this holds true for any future messages you receive from me as well.
  • If you see something you don't understand,
    ASK!
    Newbie games are here for people to learn and understand; either I or one of the other players will respond to your question. If it has to do with your role, feel free to PM me directly.
  • Treat this game as a commitment; if you're going to be gone for longer than 48 hours (not counting weekends),
    let us know
    . I will replace severely inactive players, but your fellow players may choose to lynch you themselves first.
  • Any action which would be illegal to
    actually do
    is also illegal to
    fake
    (for example, posting a
    made-up
    PM that shows a Cop result of guilty/innocent).
  • Robust cryptographyand steganography are not allowed in my games.
  • Have fun; don't be an ass;
    participate
    !
IMPORTANT: DAYS WILL HAVE AUTO-DEADLINE OF THREE WEEKS! MAKE IT COUNT!
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

MilkyMoo never picked up her role, so I am replacing her with Setanta!

It is now day!

With 9 alive, 5 votes will lynch one of the other playas.
Talk nerdy to me.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Vi »

Good evening, everyone. My name's Vi, and I'm an IC.

What's an IC? I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

No, seriously, it just means that I've been here for a while and know the basics of Mafia; so if you have questions related to how Mafia is played here you can go ahead and ask me, and I'll give you the best answer I can. If it's something related to your role or anything else you may not want to talk about in-thread, go ahead and PM elvis_knits with your question; she just
loves
it when people spam her inbox :D

Ah, one other word of advice. I'm an IC, so I claim to know what I'm doing, but that doesn't mean I'm Town. You're obligated to not trust me, BUT I'm bound by the IC job not to intentionally lie when teaching stuff. So from here on if I'm saying something with the IC hat on, I'll try to put it in
this color
. (This is my first time ICing, so we'll see how long that lasts.)

And now, my opening move. If you've ever looked into statistics, you would know that it's based on one premise - past occurrences are good predictors of future occurrences. RedCoyote was scum in the last game I was in, so:
Vote: RedCoyote
(L-4)
because if he's not scum,
all of mathematics will crumble.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
wiploc
wiploc
Goon
wiploc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by wiploc »

Vote: RedCoyote
because he hasn't posted in the first twenty-three minutes of day one, and everyone knows that refusal to post is a scumtell.

The Long Odds in the Evening
(The Frustration of the Hamlets of the Heart)

By Charlie Clack

The long odds in the evening,
Long they're longing to be together,
Odds and ends always intervene,
In ways predictably unpredictable:
The fate of those who dispute fate.
Evening overtakes them inexorably.
wip
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Setanta »

Vote Wiploc
, he's obv scum.
No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. [i]Never compromise. [/i]
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

Vote: iamausername
Because anyone with a username longer than mine is OBVIOUSLY scum.

and it should be iamANusername...

...I think.

Anywho, Hello to all of you that I don't know... Which equates to everybody.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

Also @ICs: how do you watch a topic?
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by Vi »

Look below the last post, below the Post Reply button and the "Page 1 of 1" label. There should be a link "Watch This Topic". Click it. Now your "Watched Topics" option at the top of each page should include a link to this game!

Also, i-am-a-username is correct. It starts with a vowel, but it SOUNDS like it starts with a consonant.
wiploc 5 wrote:Vote: RedCoyote because he hasn't posted in the first twenty-three minutes of day one, and everyone knows that refusal to post is a scumtell.
The fact that he already had a vote on him surely didn't have anything to do with it :roll:
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

Vi wrote:
wiploc 5 wrote:Vote: RedCoyote because he hasn't posted in the first twenty-three minutes of day one, and everyone knows that refusal to post is a scumtell.
The fact that he already had a vote on him surely didn't have anything to do with it
I was going to point this out too, but I figured it would be bad form during the random vote stage. It seems like a wip is trying for a bandwagon and a quicklynch. Then again, two votes a bandwagon does not make. Wip, why did you place a second vote on RedCyote so quickly?

@Vi: thanks!
Show
Words to live by.

AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

EBWOP:
Vi wrote:
wiploc 5 wrote: Vote: RedCoyote because he hasn't posted in the first twenty-three minutes of day one, and everyone knows that refusal to post is a scumtell.
The fact that he already had a vote on him surely didn't have anything to do with it

I was going to point this out too, but I figured it would be bad form during the random vote stage. It seems like a wip is trying for a bandwagon and a quicklynch. Then again, two votes a bandwagon does not make. Wip, why did you place a second vote on RedCyote so quickly?

Show
Words to live by.

AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

except my EWBWOP was a failure. *sigh* oh well, you guys know what I mean.
Show
Words to live by.

jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by jayfin3 »

Vi wrote:
Look below the last post, below the Post Reply button and the "Page 1 of 1" label. There should be a link "Watch This Topic". Click it. Now your "Watched Topics" option at the top of each page should include a link to this game!
This is going to get really old, really fast. No offense.

Vote RedCoyote
, because I am obviously mafia that wants to make a bandwagon in the first page of the game.

L-2 bitchesss
I am good looking
jayfin3
jayfin3
Goon
jayfin3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by jayfin3 »

Also AceMarksman, your sig is gonna get pretty annoying too. Any hostility shown later in the game will most likely be due to that, just a warning.
I am good looking
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by Vi »

jayfin3 13 wrote:
Vote RedCoyote
, because I am obviously mafia that wants to make a bandwagon in the first page of the game.

L-2 bitchesss
I agree with this post.
Unvote: RedCoyote
Vote: jayfin3
(L-4)
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by iamausername »

So you think my username is too long, but then you want to add another letter to it? I spy a contradiction!
Vote: AceMarksman
. Plus, you know, his user name is boasting about his skills with a gun. Who uses guns? That's right, the mafia.

Vi, did you deliberately pick a colour that would be hard to read on any of the three possible board styles? :P

Chainys, if you could have chosen one player here to be your scum partner, who would you have chosen?
wiploc
wiploc
Goon
wiploc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by wiploc »

Setanta wrote:
Vote Wiploc
, he's obv scum.
I take it back about the mixed metaphors?

crc
wip
wiploc
wiploc
Goon
wiploc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by wiploc »

AceMarksman wrote:
Vi wrote: The fact that he already had a vote on him surely didn't have anything to do with it

Actually, the bandwagoning was an accident. I picked RedCoyote because his was the first name on the list who hadn't posted.

I thought about changing my vote after my wife pointed out that I was bandwagonning, but changing your vote too often is supposed to be a scumtell. And I plan to change my vote plenty often anyway, moving down the list as soon as RedCoyote posts.
wip
Heiki
Heiki
Townie
Heiki
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:51 am

Post by Heiki »

vote wiploc

Bandwagoning in the 2nd post is kinda early. And well, noone with a wife would play mafia or at least together with wife.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:56 am

Post by Vi »

iamausername 16 wrote:Vi, did you deliberately pick a colour that would be hard to read on any of the three possible board styles? :P
When have I ever failed to have what seemed like a good idea at the time?

Wait, when did I become wiploc's wife? o.0
Setanta
Setanta
Townie
Setanta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:00 am

Post by Setanta »

Heiki wrote:
vote wiploc

Bandwagoning in the 2nd post is kinda early. And well, noone with a wife would play mafia or at least together with wife.
Why are bandwagons bad? :P
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:22 am

Post by AceMarksman »

jayfin3 wrote:Also AceMarksman, your sig is gonna get pretty annoying too. Any hostility shown later in the game will most likely be due to that, just a warning.
Does anyone else find my signature to be a pain? If so, I'll change it.
Show
Words to live by.

wiploc
wiploc
Goon
wiploc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:22 am

Post by wiploc »

Chainys and RedCoyote have still not been heard from. We could pressure them to talk by putting three votes on each. (This would have the added benefit of identifying the scum who put the third votes on them.)

Vistation
By Charles Clack

Alone, enwrapped in my bedding
encaved in a doorless old barn,
in awe, I drink of the storm.

Flowing and flaring, writhing and piercing,
spirits of light slant the sky.

Rumble and snarl, judder and slam,
their pronouncements burst and percuss.

In low from the onslaught,
whipped by welters of rain,
ignited by shards of broken light,
trots a beagle, spongy with mud.

Too tired to entreat or delay,
this short-legged swamp presses into my pallet
nosing and thrusting, urging hopefully inward.

I wriggle aside to make room.
wip
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Vi »

AceMarksman 22 wrote:
jayfin3 wrote:Also AceMarksman, your sig is gonna get pretty annoying too. Any hostility shown later in the game will most likely be due to that, just a warning.
Does anyone else find my signature to be a pain? If so, I'll change it.
I find jayfin to be a pain more than your signature.

----
wiploc 23 wrote:Chainys and RedCoyote have still not been heard from. We could pressure them to talk by putting three votes on each. (This would have the added benefit of identifying the scum who put the third votes on them.)
From a previous game, I know RedCoyote doesn't post on weekends.
That and your idea is retarded at best and scummy at worst.
Unvote: jayfin3
Vote: wiploc
(L-2)
Oh look, a third vote on someone.

Incidentally, why the poetry?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”