Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Open 157: Vengeful Mafia | The Game Has Ended! before 816

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Mastin »

Open 157:
Vengeful Mafia

Welcome to Netherworld. This place, once a paradise, has been destroyed over time. Age as wrecked this beautiful little town and turned it into a breeding ground for evil. There are very few of you left. You are almost all dead.

The air out here is foul. The wind is cold. The chill of the winter has long-since set in. The damp snow covers the land. The people are frozen to their bones, and nearing death.

This town was once a city. A magnificent city, with hundreds of residents. It was rich in resources, and had a kind climate. You should've known better than to expect such a good paradise to last forever. Something came to plague the land. Infect the people with its disease. Corruption. Lust for power and resources.

They drove these people to kill relentlessly. The winter air is howling at your ears. They are nearly frozen, just alive enough to comprehend the words of the others in your group. It's snowing. Buildings have caved in from lack of repair and the elements beating away at them.

You reminisce about the days of sunshine, when this town thrived, cursing at the thing that had overtaken your town. The force that had killed...was crime. Their greed, their wish for resources and power, drove them to your fair city, and caused it to be nicknamed Netherworld. Do you even remember the original name?

No. It doesn't matter. People turned on each other. Agreed on killing, looking for the orchestrator of these sinister events. And in return, more died. The force was eventually revealed...and you all learned to hate that word with a passion...

Mafia
. They were the reason the Netherworld is in its current state. And you want them dead.
There...are only five of you left. Everyone else left long ago. By the records left, only two mafia are left...and one of them is the person who caused this in the first place.

A fire is lit in your little circle. Instead of huddling around it close, you stand up, and each of you five lights a torch. All five of you have firearms. They were left behind by those who left the town, abandoned the Netherworld city.

And you intend to use them. Continue the cycle of lynches that you had done before, the final endgame for the Mafia: sudden death. A win, or a loss. It's time to strike back. It's time to finish what the Mafia started for you.

It's time...for Vengeance. And you all have the power to use it.

The Players
:

(Bolded are in need of replacement)

Kdub
BloodCovenent
Battle Mage
Haylen
ZazieR

The Roles
:

As there are only five of you, and of you, two are confirmed Mafia Members, that must leave three left to get the following PM:
The Vanilla Townie PM wrote:This was not the way things were supposed to be. Your family is either long-since gone, or long-since dead. You remember having the summer weather warm your heart before the Mafia came...and you want that feeling back.

The warm air of the town which you forget the name of. The thrill of running through the prosperous city. The soothing feeling of the breeze against your skin...this place was paradise. But it is no more. The Mafia came.

At first, it was subtle. A few missing people, here and there. Then a body or two. It was thought to be a serial killer of some kind or another.

...But the organization, the skill, the manipulation, behind these kills, the frequency of such perfect death every night, made it clear: There was an organized killing faction on the loose. And it didn't take long to realize only one thing could be so horrid.

Mafia
. You hate them so much. Mobs formed. People emigrated from the city. Winter began to set in. After trying to strike back at the Mafia, kill them with whatever methods available during the day, it became clear that wasn't enough.

Eventually, the town decayed to its current state, forever stuck in a winter cycle of death. Five remain. Two of them are almost certainly Mafia. And each of you five owns a gun. Scattered throughout the city, guns weren't hard to find.
Ammo was.
You have one shot. There's a rifle in the center of the village with as many shots as needed, but no single member can be agreed upon to use it. You grip your gun tightly in your right hand, cloaked under your fur vest.

It's time to end this.
Once and for all.
You are out for Vengeance.
And you want to kill...

You are a
Vengeful Townie
. If you are lynched day one, you can shoot another player. You do this by posting
Kill: PlayerName
, and then you are dead.

Your win condition is just about the same as in any mafia game: Eliminate the members of the Mafia. Both of them must die. You can do it, if you are skilled enough.

Alternatively, it is well-known that a single member of the Mafia is the mastermind behind all of this. A godfather. If the godfather is
lynched
, then you instantly win, the Mafia Goon too demoralized to continue.

Please confirm in thread.
Hmm...that must leave two left. One of which will get the below:
The Mafia Godfather Role PM wrote:You are behind it all. The killing, everything. You were just another Mafia Goon in a larger city, who went unnoticed by most. You got sick of it and left.

...And then came here. To form an empire. You recruited a few people into this new mafia, dubbing yourself their leader, a godfather, of sorts. You were doing fine. And then they struck back. You killed each other for a while, and in the end...this is what you were left with.

Just you, and your most loyal goon, the first of your recruits. You love the environment; perfect for deception. But even in your deception, you still have elements of humanity: you want your goon's life to be spared! :P

No more extra flavor; you know the rest. (Yay, the Mafia have the shortest PM's here! :P)

You are the
Mafia Godfather
, along with your Goon,
*GOON PLAYER's NAME*
. If you are lynched day one, your goon will turn in and hope the town spares the person who can be salvaged. (And the Mafia lose)

If you are shot, though, the Goon will live on.

You and your goon have a coordinated communication network, which allows you to communicate even during the day, right (*link*) here.

You win when the mafia make up over half of the town, and nothing can prevent the same. (Read: A vengeful townie doesn't shoot a member of the mafia d1)

Oh, hey, that leaves just one more left, doesn't it! You're almost done, sitting through the misery of my PM's! :P
The Mafia Goon's PM wrote:You were recruited by the mafia godfather,
*GODFATHER PLAYER's NAME*
. For the details, see the Godfather PM. I'm too lazy to change it to suit your PM better, and want this to be the shortest PM.

You are a
Mafia Goon
[/color]. If your Godfather is lynched, you lose all hope and under the Godfather's orders, turn yourself in (And the Mafia Lose).

If the Godfather is shot, however, it is through the death of a Vengeful Townie, giving you the hope to live on.

You and your godfather have a coordinated communication network, which allows you to communicate even during the day, right (*link*) here.

You win when the mafia make up over half of the town, and nothing can prevent the same. (Read: A vengeful townie doesn't shoot a member of the mafia d1)

How Odd. The PM's get shorter the farther down they go. :P

The Rules
:

Stolen and Slightly Modified from Percy and Zwetschenwasser

First of all, make sure you familiarize yourself with the setup, Vengeful 5p. If you don't understand, shoot me a PM and I'll answer.

Anyway, on to the rules:

1: I am a mod, not a god. My word may be final, but if you feel like I made a mistake/have a question, inform me of such.

2: his is a game. I hope that you have fun. In return, I ask that you not have your fun at the expense of the other players in this game.

3: Votes must be bolded as
Vote: *Playername*
, otherwise they will not count. Unvotes are encouraged but not necessary. Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes, they may not post in the game anymore, at all, for any reason, because they are dead. Unvotes will no longer count. I WILL allow a Bah-type post, with no restriction on the wording, as long as it has no game-related content.

There is one exception: if a Townie is lynched on Day 1, they must choose another player to be immediately killed via a post of the format
Kill: *Playername*
, and nothing else. (In this case, a Bah-type post will be allowed the next day if there is a next day.) There is no Night Phase, and no Mafia Night Kill.

4: Please treat this game as a devotion. You signed up to play; don't make me follow through with this:
If you don't post within 72 hours (3 days), you will receive a prod. If you do not post for 120 hours (5 days), or would receive your third prod, I will replace you, unless I see a darn-good explanation. Please be considerate and announce any V/LA in the game thread, whether it will be over 72 hours or not.

5: Deadlines will appear at my discretion, though as this is a small game I wouldn't expect one to appear unless the activity seriously drops. If a deadline is reached, the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the player who reached their votecount earlier will be lynched.

6: Do not discuss this game outside the thread, with anyone other than the mod. There is one exception: the Mafia may post in their Quicktopic thread only (so no PMs, etc.).

7: Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered extremely poor/foul play, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts, trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage, etc. Please, use your common sense! Don't use small/invisible text. If you can edit your posts, don't. Don't quote any communication you have with me about this game.

8: Please bold your questions to me in a post, or send me a PM - I will happily answer it. If you post publicly, I will respond publicly; if you send me a PM, I will respond by PM.

9: I will attempt to post a votecount at least every 24 hours/page. There is no 'mod color', because I like bolded black.
<<< If you see these marks, though, you know I have edited something in; avoid using these. >>>

However, when I feel like making an OOC comment, it will be in the color red, and when I announce flavor in a vote count, it will be in purple. Other players are free to use those colors if they wish, however, try to avoid bolding those colors, and again,
<<< These Marks are MINE. >>>

10: Flavor is just flavor. I will be posting flavor in my vote counts to reflect conversation in-game; it has NO influence on alignment. Don't use Mod Flavor in your arguments.
Last edited by Mastin on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Mastin »

<<< Important Links >>>

PM's Sent.

Day One Begins.

Day One Ends.

Game Over.

Current Vote Count
:

Battle Mage
- 2 (ZazieR, Haylen)
Kdub - 1 (Battle Mage)
No Lynch - 1 (BloodCovenent)
BloodCovenent - 1 (Kdub)
<<< It takes
Three
to lynch. >>>

<<<
Battle Mage is at
L-1
>>>
Last edited by Mastin on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:19 pm, edited 10 times in total.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:57 am

Post by Mastin »

<<< All Role PM's have been Sent. The Game Begins as soon as all players confirm in-thread. >>>
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Battle Mage »

/confirm
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Haylen »

/con.firm.ing.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

/confirmination.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Kdub »

/confirm
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by Mastin »

Oops. Forgot the bolded marks. Heh heh. Wouldn't want people to think I'm a player accidentally.

<<< Great, we're just waiting on ZazieR. >>>
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by ZazieR »

/here.
<<<What took you so long, Zaz?!?>>>
Ignore the ''R''
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Mastin »

<<< Great! With that,
we
Lorithia curse bad habits...
you can begin to play!

It is now Day One.

It Will Take Three to Lynch.
Nobody is currently Voting. >>>
Last edited by Mastin on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Kdub »

Alright, I will start things off.

Vote: ZazieR
for being the last to confirm.
<<<Hey, isn't that my tell?>>>
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Vote BM
for never calling me :(
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Make that a question, BM, why did you never call me :(?
Ignore the ''R''
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Post by Mastin »

Vote Count # 1:

ZazieR
- 1 (Kdub)
Battle Mage
- 1 (ZazieR)
Not Voting
- 3 (BloodCovenent, Battle Mage, Haylen)

<<< It takes
Three
to lynch.
So "Not Voting" just got lynched. He was a neutral survivor. :P
>>>

<<< Aww, I want to have some fun in the RVS as well! Play the game with you five. Do what I love to do. Why can't I just post a joke or two...? It's so much fun... :P >>>
Last edited by Mastin on Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:35 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote: Haylen

To see if she has the balls put me at -1. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:37 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

ZazieR wrote:Make that a question, BM, why did you never call me :(?
aww :'(

See, the thing is, i've been locked in my own cellar for 6 months. You were at the forefront of my mind, but i had no access to telecommunications. Sorry! :(

Btw, does anyone know of a great strategy to use in this game? Because today is effectively LyLo. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:13 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Non-random role claim: Vengeful Townie.

Vote: No Lynch.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:13 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

EBWOP:
sorry, forgot :X

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:20 am

Post by ZazieR »

Battle Mage wrote:

See, the thing is, i've been locked in my own cellar for 6 months. You were at the forefront of my mind, but i had no access to telecommunications. Sorry! :(

BM
Who captured you, Adel or Forbiddanlight O.o?
Or did Ether try to make you an Underling of Mith :shock:
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:21 am

Post by ZazieR »

BloodCovenent wrote:Non-random role claim: Vengeful Townie.

Why did you claim and why did you vote No Lynch?
(Is that even possible?)
Ignore the ''R''
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:24 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

ZazieR wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:Non-random role claim: Vengeful Townie.

Why did you claim and why did you vote No Lynch?
(Is that even possible?)
to get the game going.

It would be unique, to have a no lynch... would this game ever end then?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:27 am

Post by ZazieR »

I don't think so :?
Which is why I'm asking if it's even possible >.<

But I don't know what to think of your actions.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:29 am

Post by ZazieR »

Battle Mage wrote:Btw, does anyone know of a great strategy to use in this game? Because today is effectively LyLo. :P

BM
Well, it's very easy. We've got you ^.^
So first, we'll put you at L-1. Scum are afraid of you (Thanks for including that quote in your sig so that I could come up with this genius plan :D) so they will immediatly hammer. And you kill the hammerer.
But that is, if you are town. Otherwise, there will be no hammerer, which means you are scum.
No matter what, we'll catch scum by putting you at L-1 XD

For the serious answer, I just played this game normally the other time, and analysed the bandwagon on me when I could shoot. There has to be scum on it unless you voted yourself if you're town. I shot correctly back then :)
Though we still lost...
Ignore the ''R''
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:56 am

Post by Haylen »

Battle Mage wrote:Vote: Haylen

To see if she has the balls put me at -1. :P

BM
Vote: Battle Mage

He knows exactly what he did.
<<<Yay for bandwagons!>>>

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:58 am

Post by Haylen »

ZazieR wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

BM
Who captured you, Adel or Forbiddanlight O.o?
Or did Ether try to make you an Underling of Mith :shock:
Ether succeeded with me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”