Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #539 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by Percy »

Hello everyone! Good to see some familiar faces.

Haven't had a chance to read the thread, and it will be ~2 days before I can get a reread finished. So expect a post on the weekend!
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #544 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:22 am

Post by Percy »

OK guys, it's 1am here and I need to sleep. I am reading, but I couldn't finish it tonight. I have to go to a wedding tomorrow and hence a full post will have to wait until Saturday. Apologies all.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #557 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:56 pm

Post by Percy »

Day 1

Kinetic proposes mass name claim because he "has a suspicion". Also "I have plans" etc..
xvart 20 wrote:To add to that, the sheer fact that you propose this idea, softly support it and say you don't care if it doesn't go through, but would like to see it go through anyway makes me very suspicious of your intentions. Fence sitting on your own proposal is quite strange (suspicious) to me.
Agreement, goodposting.

I'm more inclined to believe Raivann misrepped Mina than that Raivann caused Mina to back down from some scumtell or whatever. My read on both these slots is pretty null atm, though.

xvart is super townie. The fact that he got NKed is no surprise to me. He lied in his nameclaim, though, which is surprising.
Seacore 46 wrote:I'm pro name claim I've decided, which is a complete flip I know.
I will honestly be very suspicious of people I consider to be the "bad guys" in the books.
Scum alert! I liked what The Inquisition said about how easy it would be to make anyone the mafia team within the book series. I've also seen games where the "good guys" are actually the Mafia - the one that comes to mind is Harry Potter mafia, where Harry, Ron and Hermione were a scumteam. If I was scum with a good-sounding name, this is the plan I would back. The backflip, also, is worth noting.

I don't understand how anyone could vote for a nameclaim, given that Seacore (one of the advocates) was arguing against a link between names and PR levels, but hoping for a connection between names and scum. When designing theme games, the former (not linking names to PRs) helps the town, whilst the latter (not linking names to alignment) helps the scum. The mod's first thought (well, it would be my first thought) would be to help the scum in a nameclaim scenario, not the town.

Also, let it be known that one confirmed townie voted against nameclaiming, so I find it far more likely that either the scum split down the middle for the vote or all voted for the idea.

Also also, it seems to me like the town was persuaded into wasting D1 on discussing a name claim instead of scumhunting, and settled for a lurker lynch at the last minute. Then Kinetic uses these claims and flavours to make sweeping assumptions. I have a sneaking suspicion that Faraday is laughing at the town right now.

My impression right now is that Seacore and Kinetic have both been "town leaders" throughout D1, and neither of then managed to accomplish a single thing that helped the town. Scumvibes from both.

Wow, the end of the day devolved into "who is the biggest lurker/best policy lynch". Scum paradise.

Persons of interest leaving D1: TheButtonmen, Seacore, Kinetic.

Day 2

TheButtonmen gets no result. Scum RB or scum Button.

Blergh, D2 is just a mess. Lurkers didn't help, especially my predecessor, but I feel there hasn't been any concerted effort in building character profiles on all but a few players. This may be because the town's focus is far too much on names, on claims, and other crap. I found reading wall after wall after fucking wall just mind-numbing. I'll do an ISO of each of the players, and explain my reads on each of them.

Locke Lamora

Locke Lamora votes Bogre for lurking; he voted Heilograph for being a newbie. The only other contribution has been to throw some suspicion at TheButtonmen, and he's happy to say (in high dudgeon) that my slot is the one that needs to take strong stances. I'll also reference this post of TheButtonmen's to show his attitude towards my slot seems more one of convenience than a genuine interest in finding scum. I also find the "I think this is a scumtell, I used it successfully in game X" is indicative of scum as well; trying to align your meta with your townmeta seems pre-emptively defensive, and I don't like it. I would be completely OK with a LL lynch.

Seacore

D1 play is terrible, as outlined above.
Halfway through the day, his suspects are a lurker and the claimed cop. *facepalm*
But...
I am very ambivalent about Seacore. I think he has been an anti-town force (I was throwing my keyboard around my room with fits of "WHAT ARE YOU DOING" while reading D1) and has turned the town's focus away from the more prominent players, instead encouraging a "post=town, not post=scum" and objective-nameclaim-analysis atmosphere, which I think makes it much harder for town in a theme game to progress. HOWEVER, I have a sneaking suspicion that these mistakes are made honestly and made in a misguided attempt to help the town.
The scumread just isn't there, which is surprising given how anti-town I think he's been. Seacore is probably town.

Kinetic

Many of the same points I addressed regarding Seacore and his anti-town stances apply here. "I AM A SETUP BREAKING CHAMPION" cries are not new to me, and they have screwed every game I've been in where I've heard one, whether the player is scum or town. I've been unimpressed with his analysis and his scumhunting. He voted The Inquisition, but unvoted and couldn't explain due to modkillfear, and now is voting someone "at a high maybe, leaning towards scum."
Personally, Kinetic is mostly null, leaning towards scum.

Mina

I find her lack of succinctness difficult to read. I think her tunneling on ML gives her a few town points, even though I disagree with most of her arguments.

Raivann

His Unvote on Seacore gives him a few points, but his vote on my predecessor sits really oddly, as though he's content to let another VI lurker get lynched without following up on any of the other players in the game. Mild scumread.

TheButtonmen

I'm unsure of this slot. Claiming cop is interesting, so we'll have to see how this pans out. I find TheButtonmen quite difficult to read in general, but I like the fact that he put pressure on ML.

The Inquisition

First I assumed that he was telling the complete truth. However, whilst I can understand BP townie claiming to have soaked a kill, to alert the town to a second killing faction, I can't understand claiming that you still had a shot of armour. Surely you would want to try and draw the kill again and say you were 1-shot, and if the SK shot you again you could laugh in their face.
So, I assumed The Inquisition was lying. If he is SK and got his by the mafia, he may have wanted the mafia to try not shooting him tonight, as his 1-shot BP has been soaked, and so said he had a second piece of armour. If he is scum and their kill was blocked somehow, he may want to alert the town to a second kill and dissasociate himself from killing factions. I find both of these explanations more plausible.

His only defence so far has been "honesty is the best policy", but I don't buy it.

Also, from Seacore:
Seacore wrote:2) His flip over the nameclaim. He was samwell with bulletproof and he thought that name claiming would reveal roles? I don't buy his explanation of this.
I think this is rather indicative of some shenanigans. Even though I originally agreed with The Inquisition on the nameclaim plan, I can understand why The Inquisition would oppose a nameclaim and then double back on it if he had a suspicious character name. This is all slotting together...

His play so far was: D1 "I don't want a nameclaim" and D2 "Claim and attack Seacore". Not only that, but in his attack on Seacore, he says:
The Inquisition wrote:Finally, take note that when Seacore places his vote on helio that he does so saying that it will either be a scum or a VI lynched, good for the town. He's already setting up the mitigating circumstances for his vote.
...and later on, says on a Seacore lynch:
The Inquisition wrote:Still, lynching him isn't nearly as valuable as lynching Seacore. Seacore has already claimed VT, so we 99% wouldn't be lynching a power role already, Seacore is scummy as all-get-out, and I think we'll gain some further insight into the game otherwise.
Hypocrisy + a claim I find very difficult to believe + suspicious circumstances surrounding the nameclaim =
Vote: The Inquisition

MacavityLock

I've played with MacavityLock before, his town to my scum. His prickliness and stance towards voting in that game were identical to this one. I have a mild townread.

Flutter

Not enough content for a strong read. Needs moar posting.

tl;dr: The Inquisition's claim is probably BS, and I don't like his contributions, so I'm voting him.
Second suspect is Locke. I have very mild scumreads on Kinetic and Raivann.
There are many players I would like to see post more than just opinions on one or two players between setup/name speculation. I think the focus on this game should be to get content out of each player, and just leaving your vote on a lurker/flaker isn't going to get anything done.

*collapses*
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #561 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Percy »

Seacore 558 wrote:This doesn't hold true. A town (vanila townie at that) has no way of knowing whether a name claim benefits town or scum or neither. So to say that because a townie was on one side of the argument means that all the scum can't be on the same side, that doesn't hold water.
Sorry, but it does.
The no votes were:
Macavity
Raivann
Xvart
The Inquisition

xvart was a townie who voted no. I find it extremely unlikely that the scum also
all
voted no. Don't you? If not, what do you think of Raivann's and ML's "no" votes?
Seacore 558 wrote:I mega agree with your vote on Inq, since obviously you aren't going to vote yourself.
What? Are you implying that the only two people worth voting in this game are myself and The Inquisition? That's a very big false dichotomy right there.
Locke Lamora 560 wrote:Percy: actually, I think I made it quite clear that I voted Bogre because when he did bother to post in the game, he wasn't making any effort towards scumhunting. Where did you get the impression I was voting him for lurking?
OK, should have been more specific. Your charge was more along the lines of "active lurking" than simply lurking:
Locke Lamora Votepost wrote:It's nice of Bogre to give Seacore some advice on how to be a better townie but I think this might be filler in place of scumhunting. Scumhunting itself seems to have been absent since we started the nameclaim.
Seems a bit odd that you would say "no-one is scumhunting, but I'm going to vote Bogre for not scumhunting". Still, the bulk of your case seems to be not posting, and/or not posting good content. I think this is a pretty weak line of attack; even though you're not the only one who's doing it, I think the "kill the one who is scumhunting the least" approach is what makes things like the Heilograph mislynch and the cop claim happen. I understand pressuring people for content, I really do; however, I think that this shouldn't stop people from hunting scum elsewhere.
Speaking of which,
Locke Lamora wrote:I'm not moving my vote from Percy unless we get some serious content, some solid stances and a general sense that we're better off not lynching his player slot, none of which I got from Bogre.
How's that coming? I think I'm good with at least the first two.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #563 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Percy »

I appreciate it, Raivann, but is that all you've got? Seriously?

It's a few days before deadline, and your lurker vote didn't pan out, and you've said things like this:
Raivann wrote:The Inq. brought the pressure on himself by saying he was targeted by scum and that he was semi BP.

I'm kinda suspicious of the players who are voting him actually.
...and no comment?

I say we lynch The Inq, and if he flips scum, we lynch his buddy Raivann.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #568 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by Percy »

Hey, Seacore, it would be awesome if you actually read what I said:
Percy wrote:Also, let it be known that one confirmed townie voted against nameclaiming, so
I find it far more likely
that either the scum split down the middle for the vote or all voted for the idea.
Not what you're representing it as:
Percy in Seacore's head wrote:Also, let it be known that one confirmed townie voted against nameclaiming, so
the only possibility is
that either the scum split down the middle for the vote or all voted for the idea.
So when you criticise my logic, do it properly.

As for TheButtonmen, check out this post from D1:
TheButtonmen wrote:No, at the worst I could recive no result, and I honestly can't think of a way that could happen N1. (with out using a RB)
I'm making my reads clear based on what I've read in the game. It's not my problem that you are forgetting what was said and making considered statements based on what has happened. It's your problem that you're looking for reasons to be suspicious of me, rather than actually trying to find scum.

Also, if you think Mina/Raivann is worth exploring, why have you done no work in exploring this potential connection? You're voting The Inquisition because of your own personal dichotomy, but the other players are still in this game and need attention as well.

As for Bogre, I've seen plenty of VI play, and I don't see anything particularly scummy in it. Active lurking is probably an appropriate label, and pressuring such players is usually good play, but I would be far more interested in other players.

@Kinetic
: You unvoted The Inquisition based of this role PM shenanigans, is there any way you can paraphrase your conclusions?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #569 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Percy »

EBWOP: It's not my problem that you are forgetting what was said and
that I am
making...
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #585 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Percy »

Raivann wrote:
Vote:Percy
Wow. I call you out for buddying to Inq, and you re-vote me after unvoting me, without explaining anything at all? Why did you unvote? Why did you re-vote? Why didn't you answer my questions?

I like Confuscius. I particularly like his reads on TheButtonmen and on Kinetic. I need to re-read ML before making up my mind on his read there, which I will do in the next day or so.

I think Raivann is looking like a very good lynch also, but nothing has persuaded me to move my vote from The Inquisition.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #605 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by Percy »

Hmm.

I haven't had time to write anything sophisticated, but I have some strong gut reads after letting this stew in my mind.

Confucius is strong town. I buy MacavityLock's claim, his breadcrumb, and the explanation of his playstyle, including his position on fakeclaims and nameclaims. I think there's a lot of good info we've gotten out of this exchange, including the probability of mafia fakeclaims.

I can imagine The Inquisition, as scum, claiming to have been targetted; saying nothing would have been far more suspicious, and it could flush out the vig. In my experience, if you want to limit a vig's power, you give scum BP, and if you want to increase a vig's power, you make the town BP. I think this is a question we may better be able to answer on balance later after some flips; however, I think I'm still good with a lynch on The Inquisition.

But right now, I am happier with a dead Raivann, the obv caught scum.

Unvote, Vote: Raivann
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #656 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:29 pm

Post by Percy »

MacavityLock 613 wrote:How about the fact that I was very insistent that Kin provide the reasons he brought up name-claim?
I looked at this exchange. If we are in a game with an SK and a mafia group
and
the bad guys have all been given fake claims, I can imagine one faction probing for information on the other faction if someone brought up the idea of nameclaiming. Still, I can imagine this story fitting vig-ML as well.
Mina 616 wrote:Could you link me to the game where MacavityLock got very prickly when pressed on his vote? I'd like to see the similarities for myself.
Sure:
In particular, note .

One thing I will note; as far as fakeclaims go, cop is
SO MUCH EASIER
to claim as scum than either Watcher or Tracker. Scum can give "accurate" results rather easily, but Watchers and Trackers can be easily counterclaimed by anyone with a Night Action. I don't think we should be lynching Confucius today, and claiming such a role is a difficult scum play (unless, of course, he's a scum tracker/watcher, but that only really makes sense if there's an SK imo).

Also,
TheButtonmen 634 wrote:C) My limitation will result in me getting No Result not a false one,
Hold on, didn't you say the only way you could get No Result was as the result of a RB?!
Mina 638 wrote:(I remember I had a WTF reaction to Flutter claiming that a cop shouldn't counterclaim Button because "there might be two investigation roles." But in hindsight, it must have been a breadcrumb. I suppose it bolsters Confucius's claim.)
Nice find.
Mina 638 wrote:Even if MacavityLock is scum, he'll now be held accountable for his kill. We know that at the very least, he isn't part of the team that killed xvart. It's in his own best interests to take out the other scum team. And if he targeted Inquisition (which Confucius has just confirmed), he was clearly aiming for shady characters even before his reveal.
:goodposting:
Raivann 641 wrote:So here's me stepping it up..
Scumteam= Kinetic, Percy
SK= MacLock

unvote, Vote:MacacityLock
Let's assume you're a town and your read is 100% accurate. Why would you want to lynch the SK
before
the Mafia? It is in the SK's best interests to kill scum at this stage in the game, not town.
Raivann 644 wrote:So our Vig wants to shoot BP SK again tonight ?
Is that what I'm supposed to believe?
No. If The Inquisition is a BP SK, he didn't kill anyone last night, which is very odd. The claim is that a 2-shot BP claim makes slightly more sense (to me, at least - townies with 2-shot BP would want to attract another NK, not dissuade, etc.) coming from scum than from town. Add The Inq's subsequent play = lynchworthy.
Raivann 647 wrote:I just dont see the scum motivation in him claiming he was targeted at the beginning of D2.
If he was scum and
didn't
claim, it would look terrible if ML claimed he tried to kill him.

Now let's make one thing clear. I am waiting on TheButtonmen to answer my question about his role, but think about the limiting factor from the point of view of scum (he still hasn't claimed in full): it means he can basically get away with never giving us any result to confirm. Throwing that kind of limitation in a fakeclaim is classic scum play, as is claiming "I wuz roleblokd" the day after being forced to claim cop.

The Inquisition's role, if you believe it, doesn't have a "limiting factor", it's just a 2-shot ability AFAICS. Confucius says his limiting factor is implied rather than specific, but TheButtonmen is saying he has good knowledge of his limitation.

So,
@TheButtonmen
: Please claim your limitation in full.
Mina 652 wrote:are there any players you think are from the faction that killed xvart AND more likely to be evil than MacLock? Because we should go for our greatest odds at catching a baddie.
Yes, I am voting for him.
Raivann 655 wrote:Kinetic probably does have a PR, a scum PR that is.
What?
Raivann 655 wrote:I mean just iso me and it's obvious that I'm super townie and awesome scumhunter thats why Mac, and Percy are trying to lynch me.
I encourage you to follow his directions, people, and see whether you come to his suggested conclusion, or mine.

So, who to lynch, who to lynch, who to lynch.

Right now I'm still thinking Raivann, but I want TheButtonmen to answer my two questions/requests before I make up my mind. I could get down with a The Inq lynch also.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #659 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Percy »

Confucius 657 wrote:He who knows too much for the wrong reasons is often scum.
OK, I'll admit that ruling that out as a possibility is premature, and I deserve the FoS; it was a hasty conclusion I shouldn't have jumped to, so I'll clarify.

I find it
much
less likely than the other options I have proposed; in particular, it assumes a town RBer and/or Doc to prevent the scumteam kill; It assumes a scumteam on top of the SK as well, but I don't think that's an outrageous assumption.

Also, I was responding directly to Raivann, who was suggesting that BPSK was the explanation he should accept. I don't think anyone is asking him to accept that The Inq is necessarily BPSK; rather, that on the balance of probabilities, The Inq is scum with one or two shots of BP.

I just had an idea, though. Perhaps keeping TBM alive tonight is optimum play; if you're a watcher, you can watch TBM and determine whether someone targeted him, and if so, who it is. If you're a tracker, you force scum-TBM to either claim being blocked again (which would disallow a scum RBer to block the vig kill without outing TBM as a liar - again, I'm assuming there isn't a town RB + scum RB, but I don't think that's outrageous) and not submit an action, or if he's town, you won't be able to tell the difference between town-TBM and scum-TBM if he is blocked or claims to be blocked, but if he's not blocked, then you can confirm that he targeted someone with a (non-killing) action. I think this scenario is better if you're a watcher, but it could give us more info on whether to believe TBM.

Perhaps there's an argument to keep TBM alive...? Still, I fear going down this setup-analysis trying-to-outguess-mod juggling-claims angle, because it has ended quite badly for me and I'm happy to admit that I fucked that game pretty hard because I thought I knew more than I did, and I am probably making the same mistakes again. Looks like I just can't help myself.

Once TBM answers my questions I'll make up my mind.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #661 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Post by Percy »

I shouldn't have jumped to the conclusion that The Inquisition was not BP SK due to there only being one NK.

Assuming The Inq BPSK and ML Vig, it is entirely possible that there are three factions with killing roles - the scumteam, the SK (The Inq) and the vig (ML), and that the scumteam's kill was prevented in some fashion, whilst ML's kill was prevented on The Inq by BP.

It's also possible that ML is scum and targeted The Inq BPSK with the scum nightkill, with The Inq targeting xvart successfully.

I originally discounted these ideas, because I believe ML is not scum and find it too big a leap to assume there are 3 NKs and two of these kills were prevented - it ends up with too many PRs and kills for my liking. But it
is
a possibility, and my discounting that possibility
justifiably
leads to questioning exactly why I discounted it (hence why I said I deserved the FoS).

All I can say is that it was an honest mistake, made while clarifying to Raivann the fact that other (more likely, imo) interpretations of the current claim-state exist beyond The Inq-BPSK.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #676 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Percy »

If we have a liar (or liars) amongst the current claimants, I think The Inquisition fits the bill the best, followed by TheButtonmen.

I've already outlined my thoughts on The Inquisition.

TheButtonmen still hasn't clarified his limitations. He concluded that he was RBed on N1 due to his "No Result", but from now he may get "No Result" from being RBed or from his limitation (apparently). I think it's a very convenient scumclaim and I'm not buying it. I want a full and complete claim from TBM tomorrow.
Locke Lamora 668 wrote:I was getting pro-town vibes from Raivann's consideration of the PR limitations but the fact that he stated that Mac's lack of limits was a factor and now admits it makes no difference to him just makes me think he's set on lynching Mac whatever.
It certainly seems to me like desparate scum lashing out just before their lynch.

I am highly suspicious of Kinetic's and Seacore's votes. I don't know why they're voting Raivann rather than TheButtonmen (especially Seacore), and I get the strong feeling they're using the deadline to cover up their lack of motivations. If Raivann is lynched, then regardless of his flip, I think this is scummy play from both of them.

Raivann should claim. It's less than 24 hours to deadline.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #696 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by Percy »

I don't know if The Inquisition's vote is going to be counted. I think it will be.
I think that is just about the scummiest way I've
ever
seen someone hammer

Unvote, Vote: TheButtonmen
, just in case; if there was a wagon on The Inquisition, I'd sure as hell join it, and if I'm alive tomorrow I'm going to see The Inquisition lynched.

I actually believe Raivann now; his final posts read like town to me, and though the "gambit" wasn't very good, I don't think it makes him scum, and I don't see anyone giving me compelling reasons to think that it makes him scum.

I think Seacore's excuse of jumping from a 3-person wagon to a 4-person wagon with almost 24 hours before deadline is pretty poor; instead of trying to show the town why Raivann was a better lynch, he used the deadline excuse.

I think The Inq is scum. I think Kinetic is likely scum. I think TheButtonmen is also likely scum. I think Seacore may be scum, but is probably just playing a very anti-town game. I think MacavityLock, Mina, Confucius, Raivann and Locke are town.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #699 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:57 am

Post by Percy »

@Confucius
: I will re-quote myself here:
Percy wrote:I actually believe Raivann now; his final posts read like town to me
I've had some experience reading about-to-be-lynched posts, and Raivann feels town. I pushed hard against him, and I wanted him lynched all the way up until his posts on this page.

I was very suspicious of the makeup of the wagon, but I was still happy with my reasoning, so I kept my vote on. I was not "tacitly consenting" to the hammer; I specifically asked for a claim, not a hammer vote. Once the claim came and I read his posts, I became pretty sure my read was wrong. The Inquisition's incredibly scummy hammer sealed the deal on this being almost certainly a mislynch.

I also saw people making a big deal about Raivann's gambit, but I read it as a bad play from a desperate townie. The Inquisition
hammered because of it
, and I don't know why.

I want Raivann to be scum, but I don't think it's going to be the case. The justifications that people like Seacore, Kinetic and The Inquisition used are all incredibly weak, and my gut is telling me he is town. I can't give you any concrete reasons why I think this is the case; however, I saw a drastic townie shift in his attitude right at the end, and I cannot square his words with a scum motivation.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #701 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:53 am

Post by Percy »

Confucius 700 wrote:I do not see how it helps us whatsoever for you to suddenly say that you think Raivann is Town immediately after Raivann has been lynched. Either he is or he is not -- we will find out when the Mod returns.
I was making my reads clear; in particular, the discussion was focussing on the "gambit", and I think that was the wrong thing to focus on, and I think the people who did it were scummy. It's that kind of "gotcha" moment that scum dream of.
Confucius 700 wrote:Raivann made the "gambit" quite literally five minutes after you asked Raivann to claim. Although I do not know (since I was not on-line at the time), I will bet that you were still watching the thread after Raivann claimed. If you believed Raivann was Town due to the gambit, you had ample opportunity to unvote Raivann before The Inquisition hammered two and half hours after Raivann gambited.
This is baseless exposition, and entirely wrong.

I was
not
checking the thread, as I had to give a lecture directly after I posted. I was then in a faculty meeting for another two hours, had lunch, and came back; in
less than 3 hours since I had asked for a claim
, The Inquisition had hammered.

Your fixation with me (read: starting to just make shit up) isn't helping anyone catch scum. I'm candid with my reads, and I was not motivated by any desire to "look good". I wanted to point out the incredibly suspicious rhetoric and voting that went down at the end of today.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #773 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Percy »

Raivann wrote:We got pwned.
Yes, yes we did.
MacavityLock wrote:Everyone who voted for name claim sucks.
Yep. It wasted all of D1. Nice play on advocating it, Kinetic :D
MacavityLock wrote:Bleh. Bleh bleh bleh. Damn townies, lying and being scummy all over the place. Bleh.
Yep. The Inquisition's claim of 2-shot is what threw me so badly; in my opinion, you don't claim anything at all if you know you're town and see who tries to get you lynched. At worst you soak another NK, at best you catch some scum who are worried you're an SK or other such BP role. Also, wtf TheButtonmen.
Kinetic wrote:It was a good game, the fact that the cop was outted day 1 and the vig was tracked night 1 hurt the town a lot.
This is true, but you also didn't have to worry about NKing the vig, as he wasn't shooting at you guys...

Here were my just-after-death reads:
Percy wrote:I think Mina, MacavityLock and Confucius are town.

I'm neutral on Locke, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Seacore is also town, but I could be wrong about that.

So that leaves TheButtonmen and Kinetic. I think Kinetic is my strongest scum read at the moment.

I'm pretty sure MacavityLock will be the target of the scum kill tonight. If I was still alive, I'd be advocating a Kinetic lynch and a TheButtonment vig kill, but I'd want to pressure Locke and Seacore a bit more.

Hm. I can see Kinetic/Seacore, actually.

I'm annoyed that Confucius went after me after the lynch. I correctly read Raivann, and wanted to point out the scumminess of the wagon, but he focuses on me! Oh well.
So well done scumteam, each of you did a really good thing in this game and blew the town out of the water.

Thanks for running the game, Faraday. I really enjoyed replacing in!

In my humble opinion, giving the scum as many (and better) PRs as town is a tough call. Giving the scum Tracker was particularly hard; it makes for an excellent fakeclaim, and it's much harder for townies to figure out what's going on in a mini in time. But the town could have won this quite easily if things went differently.
Confucius wrote:Just in case nobody noticed, I was put in the awkward position of replacing a player who had claimed to be Sandor Clegane, which was actually Mina's role-name. This forced me to play to keep Mina alive as long as possible (especially over Kinetic), since if Mina died I was necessarily next in line for death. Even if Kinetic died as Cersei, there was still a good chance I would be next simply on the Lannister-scum reasoning. This is one of the things that prompted me to play Days Two and Three as forcefully as I did, while I still could.
I saw that. Goddamn, if ML had shot Mina...

Thanks again to Faraday for modding, and thanks everyone again for the game.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #776 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Percy »

Oh and Faraday, I'm pre-/in for future games you run, both your minis and your large aGoT :D

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”