Newbie Data

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:22 am

Post by zoraster »

Mr. Flay wrote:
zoraster wrote:I imagine it'd be too burdensome to find out how often a cop, who survives to day 2, and has a guilty manages to get that guilty person lynched.
Without coming out as Cop? I expect the sample size is relatively small, but it'd be pretty awesome to see, I agree.

Hoopla: I hadn't considered that, mostly because I find Newbie Games to be pretty bad at applying site-meta. Not enough newbies know it, and few ICs really want to apply it with an iron fist (not sure about SEs). I'm happy to be wrong, and the sample size of games seems small enough to scan for trends (if kunkstar could link those 22).
no, not necessarily. They could come out as cop. It'd just have to be the full sample.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:38 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Mr. Flay wrote:
zoraster wrote:I imagine it'd be too burdensome to find out how often a cop, who survives to day 2, and has a guilty manages to get that guilty person lynched.
Without coming out as Cop? I expect the sample size is relatively small, but it'd be pretty awesome to see, I agree.

Hoopla: I hadn't considered that, mostly because I find Newbie Games to be pretty bad at applying site-meta. Not enough newbies know it, and few ICs really want to apply it with an iron fist (not sure about SEs). I'm happy to be wrong, and the sample size of games seems small enough to scan for trends (if kunkstar could link those 22, plus maybe the 7 Pie E7s).
Looking up the games now, are we looking across all the setups or any in specific? (I'm not sure where you got the 22 from).
Welcome to the Network.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:39 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Those are the 22 games in which the Mafia Roleblocker was the D1 lynch in F11.
Retired as of October 2014.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Elmo »

mith wrote:Oh, wow, I had only looked at the C9 lynch numbers. That's... surprising.
o_O in what respect?
Mr. Flay wrote:
Elmo wrote:I'd be interested to see how cop deaths correlate with win rates.
You mean Cop deaths after D1? It already drops Town chances to 7.7% or so... not sure how much more you'd learn, though what Town chances are after a N1 Cop death could be interesting.
Where do you get that number from? Think it'd settle some arguments over how much power roles influence the game.

Here are some 95% binomial confidence intervals for F11 as given by this:
  • [A] 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
  • [C] 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • [D] 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
[mrow]Variant[col]Appearances[col]Mafia Wins[col]Mafia Win %[col]Lower Bound[col]Upper bound (all)[col]321[col]199[col]61.99%[col]56.44%[col]67.33% A[col]82[col]53[col]64.63%[col]53.30%[col]74.88% B[col]82[col]50[col]60.98%[col]49.57%[col]71.56% C[col]85[col]47[col]55.29%[col]44.11%[col]66.09% D[col]72[col]49[col]68.06%[col]56.01%[col]78.56%
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford