Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 548 - [1]ville - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Guardian »

The mafia have come to [1]ville to kill you. Are you going to let them?

Alive: (5)

Joudas r.
myrkkyhammas
page 4
ting =)
The Wanch
page 9
niltiacjoan r.
miladygrimm
pregame
MightyFireball
Skruffs

Dead: (2)

Greasy Spot
YupYup
page 9, lynched day 1,
Mafia Roleblocker
banana 563, killed night 1, doctor.
Last edited by Guardian on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Guardian »

The following was, for the most part, ripped off wholesale from Thok :).

Rules: Influenced and possibly even adjusted from people like MeMe, Dragon Phoenix, and SaveTheDragons.

Rule Number 1: I cannot emphasize this enough: If the game needs attention, or someone needs prodding, or you want a vote count, or you have have any sort of question or problem, PM me! It is your responsibility as a player to make the game keep going -- I just turn the wheels. And have fun :).

Other rules:

[1] Each day you may try to lynch somebody. A lynch requires a total number of votes that is strictly more than half the people alive. A normal lynch is unrevocable. If necessary, I will install a deadline; a deadline lynch requires either half the number of votes of a normal lynch or 2 votes, whichever is greater. If multiple people are tied for the lead at deadline, nobody will be lynched. If there are 4 or less people alive, a full majority is required to lynch.

[2] Please bold your votes and unvotes as in
vote: Thok
. I would appreciate it if you include the name of any person you unvote, but I do not require it. I would prefer that you unvote before voting, but I do not require it.

[3] No talking to other people outside the thread during the day. You may only talk to other people outside the thread at night if it is part of your role.

[4] Do not edit your posts. Do not use code=black tags or size=normal tags.
Do not hack into mafiascum's php code in order to install invistext or spoiler tags;
moreover if somebody does so, do not use invistext or spoiler tags.

[5] Do not quote the mod. Do not fakequote the mod.

[6] Once you are dead, you are dead. You may post a simple "Bah!" post, but no game related content.

[7] Try to be relatively civil to each other. I know you're trying to kill each other, but that's no reason to insult somebody's mother.

[8] I am the mod, but I do occasionally make mistakes. (Shock! Dismay!) If you think I have made a mistake, please send me a PM.

[9] I will try to put up a vote count each page or so. If you feel that I have gone too long without putting up a vote count, please either ask for a votecount in thread or PM me to let me know.

[10] I will not being doing activity checks. If you feel a person has gone too long without posting (say 5 days) please either PM me with a request for prods, or make a statement in thread of the form
Please Prod LurkerMclurk
. If a person goes three days without responding to a prod, I will replace them.

[11] I reserve the right to modkill at my discretion. I don't plan on using this unless something strange happens.

This game is an open set up Pie E7 game. There is 1 mafia roleblocker, 1 mafia goon, 1 cop, 1 doc, and 3 townies. Role PM's are stolen from Mr. Flay.

Mafia:
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is simply a Goon). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both as long as the mafia Roleblocker is alive.)

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.

Please confirm by PM.
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is a pro-Mafia Roleblocker). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.

Please confirm by PM.
Doctor:
The Mod wrote:You are the , and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected, unless you are roleblocked). You may not protect yourself.

Please confirm by PM.
Cop:
The Mod wrote:You are the , and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues), unless you are roleblocked. You cannot investigate yourself.

Please confirm by PM.
Townies:
The Mod wrote:You are a , and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.

Please confirm by PM.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by Guardian »

All confirms are in!

Day one is go, with no current deadline. With 7 alive, it will take 4 votes to lynch.
YupYup
YupYup
Townie
YupYup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:19 am

Post by YupYup »

:D

So how are we going to start this? :P
I really have no idea what to put in here :P
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:42 am

Post by Skruffs »

Generally speaking, or rather, usually, in most games, everyone starts off with things designed to stimulate discussion without generating too much suspicion.

Usually a townie goes a little overboard, and then the bad guys try to convince the town that the townie should be lynched.

A lot of newbies don't know how to handle, in that situation, and rather than explain themselves or try to figure out why they are being attacked, they give up or ask to be lynched, etc.

Occasionally players will find a small scum tell, and then will blow everything out of proportion and focus exclusively on that person for a good part of the game. (For a great example read our mod's stance on. IH in open 19.)

basiically though, remember not to claim something you may have to prove later (cop) if you are pro-town, and don't claim doctor if you are town, because the real doctor might counter claim you and lead to a mislynch and a dead doctor.

This of course assumes we have a doctor...

That said, it's all just my own opinion, so feel free to disregard it or discuss it as you see fit, eh?

Hey mod - has there been a change in rules to allow open C9 setups??? I thought this was a newbie....
YupYup
YupYup
Townie
YupYup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:53 am

Post by YupYup »

Lol, thanks :)

So...whats a c9 setup? :P
I really have no idea what to put in here :P
niltiacjoan
niltiacjoan
Townie
niltiacjoan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:11 am

Post by niltiacjoan »

So... now what?
I don't really know how to stimulate discussion... Well, not in any game related way. xD
I mean, I could start rambling about abortion, but I won't.
So I'll shut up now.
If I say random things to do with the return of magic, dragons, cyberwear, technomancers, and other probably odd-sounding stuff, I'm probably talking about an RPG game. I'm not crazy. ^_^
myrkkyhammas
myrkkyhammas
Townie
myrkkyhammas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:01 am

Post by myrkkyhammas »

we could always begin with random votes. that seems to be a common strategy :D
ia xizul zi azkak
ia gula zi pazu
alal uggae utukku xul
IA IA PAZUZU
myrkkyhammas
myrkkyhammas
Townie
myrkkyhammas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:06 am

Post by myrkkyhammas »

fuck it.

vote: Skruffs
... betch!
ia xizul zi azkak
ia gula zi pazu
alal uggae utukku xul
IA IA PAZUZU
YupYup
YupYup
Townie
YupYup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:17 am

Post by YupYup »

You mispelt bitch, that means you have to be scum!

Vote:myrkkyhammas

:P
banana 563
banana 563
Goon
banana 563
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:50 am

Post by banana 563 »

semi-random vote: myrkkyhammas
partly because anyone with a name like that
has
to be scum and partly because it's too early to begin the swearing. wait until later!
"I wont be posting for 2 days becuase i have a spelling bee" - Muh316
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Skruffs »

Actually, in context, he spelt it right.
(Youtube kelly loves shoes)
myrkkyhammas
myrkkyhammas
Townie
myrkkyhammas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:18 am

Post by myrkkyhammas »

i just voted for him/her because i recognized his/her avatar! :'(

unvote
ia xizul zi azkak
ia gula zi pazu
alal uggae utukku xul
IA IA PAZUZU
YupYup
YupYup
Townie
YupYup
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:51 am

Post by YupYup »

:o

Well if that is so then I'll have to unvote!

Sorry :P

Unvote
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:53 am

Post by MightyFireball »

So, C9? I've never actually played one of these before. We've got a guaranteed cop and doctor, but the mafia gets a roleblocker. Hmmm... I still think that's an advantage: town move.

Random voting doesn't really do much in my experience, but I've got no better ideas.
Vote: banana 563
because he put a second vote on myrkkyhammas. This game has some really strange names.
[color=orange][b] MIGHTYFIREBALL [/b][/color]
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
niltiacjoan
niltiacjoan
Townie
niltiacjoan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:39 am

Post by niltiacjoan »

Random
Vote: The Wanch
If I say random things to do with the return of magic, dragons, cyberwear, technomancers, and other probably odd-sounding stuff, I'm probably talking about an RPG game. I'm not crazy. ^_^
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Skruffs »

The best thing would be for the town roleblocker to claim. That way the doctor can protect him tonight snd he can stop the mafia from killing, maybe.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Ummm... the town doesn't have a roleblocker. We have a cop and a doctor. The mafia has a roleblocker.
[color=green][i]An optimist believes that the world is as good as it can be Unfortunately, a pessimest believes the same thing; War is not the answer[/i][/color]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by Guardian »

Day 1, Vote Count 1

myrkkyhammas[1]: banana 563
banana 563[1]: MightFireball
The Wanch[1]: niltiacjoan

Not Voting[4]: The Wanch, Skruffs, myrkkyhammas, YupYup
Do not lynch me.
The Wanch
The Wanch
Townie
The Wanch
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by The Wanch »

Skruffs wrote:This of course assumes we have a doctor...

Skruffs wrote:The best thing would be for the town roleblocker to claim. That way the doctor can protect him tonight snd he can stop the mafia from killing, maybe.
These are the contributions from the IC?! Or is it just that you're in 76 games concurrently and didn't bother to read the Set-up?

It could be that you're trying to muddy the waters, though, so -

FOS: Skruffs
banana 563
banana 563
Goon
banana 563
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:56 am

Post by banana 563 »

Skruffs wrote:
This of course assumes we have a doctor...

Skruffs wrote:
The best thing would be for the town roleblocker to claim. That way the doctor can protect him tonight snd he can stop the mafia from killing, maybe.

These are the contributions from the IC?! Or is it just that you're in 76 games concurrently and didn't bother to read the Set-up?

It could be that you're trying to muddy the waters, though, so -

FOS: Skruffs
this needs looking into, methinks.
skruffs- did you have one too many when writing this or something?
mightyfireball- well, I've played in one other game and no-one batted an eyelid when that happened.mod, can I tell him which game it was?

also- who likes my sig!?
"I wont be posting for 2 days becuase i have a spelling bee" - Muh316
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Guardian »

Skruffs:
Yes, there has been a change in the setup... newbies are now Pie E7, now Pie C9. For everyone's information, this setup is called Pie E7. I heartily encourage everyone to read the setup and rules.

banana 563:
You can talk about other games (and link to them) as much as you want to the extent it doesn't violate the rules of this game or that game.

Generally speaking, this means that it is OK to talk about finished games as much as you want, and that it is better to tread very cautiously in talking about unfinished ones.
Do not lynch me.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:51 am

Post by MightyFireball »

well, I've played in one other game and no-one batted an eyelid when that happened.
I know it's not that incriminating. It was a semi-random vote, trying to get some discussion going.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Skruffs »

MightyFireball wrote:Ummm... the town doesn't have a roleblocker. We have a cop and a doctor. The mafia has a roleblocker.
Which is why I was hoping they would claim, MightyFireball.
MightyFireball
MightyFireball
Goon
MightyFireball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by MightyFireball »

Ooooh, sneaky. You tricked me though. Sorry for ruining your gambit.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”