Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

PokeRumble 2 - Bidding Stage

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Xdaamno »

PokeRumble 2!

PokeRumble 1

With the last PokeRumble almost done, it's time for the signups of a new game. The main change is the Table of Moves below, which has been balanced and expanded.

The rules of rumble have been modified so that there is less emphasis on the pregame and more on the actual combat, which will hopefully mean it won't need to be abandoned midway through. The original rumble rules can be found here, but this game will be played differently.

Rules

Skip to the blue text below if you know the rules from the last game.

Pregame:

Instead of each player submitting powers to be used in the game, each player will submit
one pokemon
, and
two moves
that can be used by this pokemon. The Pokemon must be from Generation I - one of the original 151 - and cannot be a pokemon used in a previous PokeRumble game. You must select the two moves from the 'Table of Moves' shown later in the post. Furthermore,
the moves you select must be able to be learned by the pokemon you have selected.
To see which moves your pokemon can learn, you can look up the pokemon on Bulbapedia - if the move appears anywhere in the tables under 'Learnset', it is legal.

Once the player list has been cut off, players must then send in a private 'bid' on each of the pokemon available, from a value of 0-100. These bids will be used to determine which pokemon each player will receive.
A bid must be submitted for every pokemon available.
Each player can only win one pokemon. The bid of that player for that pokemon will then be sapped from the Energy that your pokemon starts with at the start of the rumble -
note that you do not 'pay' for the bids that you do not win.

When all the bids have been collected, the
highest bid
for any pokemon by any player will be resolved, and that player will receive that pokemon. Then, all other bids by that player and for that pokemon will be discounted, and the next highest bid will be resolved, and so on and so forth until all the pokemon have been distributed. If there are multiple highest bids, one will be selected randomly to be resolved.

Each player will then start the game with their pokemon. This pokemon originally has an Energy of 100, but the amount that the player bidded for it will be subtracted, and a tenth of the pokemon's total base stats (rounded) will be added to its Energy.

The game will then alternate between
Allocation Phases
and
Resolution Phases
- these boxes are not necessary to read if you already know how to play Rumble, except note that you cannot spend more than 100 energy on Attack or more than 100 energy in Defense on a turn.

Allocation Phase:

During the Allocation Phase, players choose how much of their Energy to assign to generic Attack, how much to assign to generic Defense and how much (if any) to pump into their moves. You may not use both of your moves at the same time. Defense will defend against all opponents, but Attacks (and offensive moves) should be targetted towards specific opponents. These choices will be made via PM. You can change your allocations if you have already sent them in by sending another PM.

Example: Squirtle has 80 Energy. He decides to assign 50 Energy to Defense, 10 Energy to an Attack against Ivysaur, 10 Energy to an attack against Charizard, and 10 Energy on his move 'Water Gun' targeted at Pikachu.

You cannot spend more than 100 energy on Attack or more than 100 energy in Defense on a turn, not counting the bonuses from moves. When all the Pokemom have decided how to spend their Energy, their choices are revealed simultaneously and the game moves on to the Resolution Phase.

Resolution Phase:

Attacks now resolve, and we see whether Defenses are adequate. Each Pokemon totals the Attacks that were made against them this round, and subtracts any Defense they may have made. The remainder is the damage they suffer - this is subtracted from their Energy.
No pokemon can have more than 140 energy at once.
Any moves come into play in the way that they are specified under the Table of Moves. When a pokemon reaches 0 energy it is KO'd - the aim of the game is to be the last Pokemon standing.

If all of the remaining Pokemon are knocked out at any one time, the winner will be the Pokemon whose energy would have been lowered to the highest amount above 0.

Slight changes from the previous game:
  • The objective has been modified to be the last pokemon standing, rather than the pokemon being ranked on their standing, removing the natural incentive to kill weakened pokemon. There is a tiebreak mechanism if multiple pokemon are the last ones standing.
  • You cannot use any Pokemon that have been used previously.
  • The Table of Moves has been updated.

Table of Moves
Move
Effect
Water GunSpend 30 - Adds 50 to your Attack on a pokemon
EmberSpend 30 - Adds 50 to your Attack on a pokemon
Razor LeafSpend 30 - Adds 50 to your Attack on a pokemon
ThundershockSpend 30 - Adds 50 to your Attack on a pokemon
BiteSpend X - Adds 1.2X to your Attack on a pokemon
Karate ChopSpend X - Adds 1.2X to your Attack on a pokemon
PeckSpend X - Adds 1.2X to your Attack on a pokemon
Double KickSpend X up to 50 - Adds 1.5X to your Attack on a pokemon
Shadow BallSpend X up to 30 - Adds 2X to your attack on a pokemon
Fire BlastSpend 50, Burn 10 - Adds 85 to your Attack on a pokemon.
ThunderSpend 60, Burn 10 - Adds 95 to your Attack on a pokemon. This move can hit Pokemon using Fly
BlizzardSpend 70, Burn 10 - Adds 110 to your Attack on a pokemon
Quick AttackSpend 50 - Deal 40 damage to a pokemon without taking into account their Defense
Defense CurlSpend X - Defends for 1.2X
WithdrawSpend X - Defends for 1.2X
HardenSpend 40 - For the rest of the game except this turn, 10 is added to your Defense every turn. This effect is stackable up to three times
FlyBurn 10, then Spend all your energy - Target 1 player. You are immune to damage this turn, except that dealt by Thunder. Next turn, you cannot spend energy, but all your energy will be used to attack the player you have targeted
Tail WhipSpend X - Negate 1.5X of a Pokemon's Defense
GrowlSpend X - Negate 1.5X of a Pokemon's Attack
DisableBurn 5 - A pokemon cannot use the move they used this turn on the next turn
Confuse RayBurn 10, Spend 40 - There is a 50% chance that a targeted Pokemon will not be able to use any Attacks or moves this turn, but will suffer an attack of 40 damage instead
Will-O-WispSpend 20 - Halve a Pokemon's Attacks this turn
Thunder WaveSpend 40 - A pokemon may not use any moves this turn
PoisonPowderSpend 0 - A pokemon loses 10 energy at the end of the following 3 turns
Poison StingSpend 30 - Adds 30 to your Attack on a pokemon and causes them to lose 10 energy at the end of the following 2 turns
SludgeSpend 40 - Adds 50 to your Attack on a pokemon and causes them to lose 10 energy at the end of the following 2 turns
MistSpend 0 - You are immune to the effects of Tail Whips, Growls, Confuse Rays, Will-O-Wisps, Thunder Waves, PoisonPowders, and the two-turn effects of Poison Stings and Sludges that were used on you this turn
Super FangSpend 30 - Adds an amount to your Attack on a Pokemon equal to half of its current Energy
EarthquakeSpend all your energy (X) - Adds X/3 to your attack on every pokemon
Focus EnergySpend X up to 50 - Add X to an Attack you make next turn
Swords DanceSpend 30 - Adds 20 to all pre-existing Attacks you make this turn
AbsorbSpend 40 - Attack a Pokemon for 40, and at the end of this turn gain half the damage that was inflicted to that Pokemon that turn in energy, no matter who the damage was dealt by (up to 20 energy)
Mega DrainSpend 70 - Attack a Pokemon for 70, and at the end of this turn gain half the damage that was inflicted to that Pokemon that turn in energy, no matter who the damage was dealt by (up to 30 energy)
MetronomeSpend 40 - One random move will be used without incurring its cost. If the move requires you to choose a variable X, X will be taken as 40 (Or otherwise the highest value possible, such as 30 for Shadow Ball.) Target a Pokemon when you use this move
Petal DanceSpend 20, Burn 20 - Adds 70 to your Attack on a pokemon. You must attempt to use Petal Dance for the following two turns
Pay DaySpend 40 - Adds 40 to your Attack on a Pokemon. Also, if that pokemon receives damage this round, no matter who the damage was dealt by, you gain 20 energy when that Pokemon is KO'd. This effect is stackable
Leech SeedSpend 40 - Seed a Pokemon, lasting three leeches. At the end of every round when a Pokemon is seeded, you leech (steal) 10 energy from it. Seeding a seeded pokemon restores the number of leeches to three
RecoverSpend 50 - At the end of this turn, gain 40 energy
Egg BombSpend 40 - Adds 30 to your Attack on three other random Pokemon
ClampSpend 30 - Randomly adds either 40, 50, 60 or 70 to your Attack on a Pokemon
TransformBurn 40, then Spend all your Energy - Take on the appearence and moves of one Pokemon. You are immune to damage this turn. You must use this move as soon as possible
RestSpend all your Energy - Gain 100 Energy at the end of this round. For the following two rounds, you cannot Attack or use any moves, and cannot defend for more than 80

(Spending energy means you use it up for that round, while burning energy means you lose it forever.)

Player List:

PlayerSubmitted PokemonMoves
WizardcatVenomoth
PoisonPowder:
Spend 0 - A pokemon loses 10 energy at the end of the following 3 turns
Disable:
Burn 5 - A pokemon cannot use the move they used this turn on the next turn
animorpherv1Machamp
Focus Energy:
Spend X up to 50 - Add X to an Attack you make next turn
Rest:
Spend all your Energy - Gain 100 Energy at the end of this round. For the following two rounds, you cannot Attack or use any moves, and cannot defend for more than 80
CybeleArticuno
Mist:
Spend 0 - You are immune to the effects of Tail Whips, Growls, Confuse Rays, Will-O-Wisps, Thunder Waves, PoisonPowders, and the two-turn effects of Poison Stings and Sludges that were used on you this turn
Fly:
Burn 10, then Spend all your energy - Target 1 player. You are immune to damage this turn, except that dealt by Thunder. Next turn, you cannot spend energy, but all your energy will be used to attack the player you have targeted
BlackberrySpearow
Growl:
Spend X - Negate 1.5X of a Pokemon's Attack
Quick Attack:
Spend 50 - Deal 40 damage to a pokemon without taking into account their Defense
KageLordMew
Blizzard:
Spend 70, Burn 10 - Adds 110 to your Attack on a pokemon
Metronome:
Spend 40 - One random move will be used without incurring its cost. If the move requires you to choose a variable X, X will be taken as 40 (Or otherwise the highest value possible, such as 30 for Shadow Ball.) Target a Pokemon when you use this move
MoospikerIvysaur
Leech Seed:
Spend 40 - Seed a Pokemon, lasting three leeches. At the end of every round when a Pokemon is seeded, you leech (steal) 10 energy from it. Seeding a seeded pokemon restores the number of leeches to three
Razor Leaf:
Spend 30 - Adds 50 to your Attack on a pokemon

To /in, post in-thread the name of your Pokemon, and the moves it can use. It must be from the original 151 and can't have been used in a previous PokeRumble. There'll be a maximum of 6 players. Feel free to question and comment! :)
Last edited by Xdaamno on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:58 am, edited 7 times in total.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Wizardcat »

Venomoth - Poisonpowder and Disable.
[align=center][color=purple][i]"The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats."[/i][/color][/align]
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Machamp - Focus Energy and Rest
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Cybele »

Articuno - Mist and Fly
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Spearow - Growl & Quick Attack
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by KageLord »

Mew - Blizzard and Metronome
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:57 am

Post by Xdaamno »

So everyone from the last game joined? That's flattering :)
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Moospiker
Moospiker
Goon
Moospiker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Moospiker »

Ivysaur - Leech Seed and Razor Leaf
Click.

Please, no double capitals.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I meant to update this sooner but I have a bad fever/cold. The signups are closed so feel free to send in your bids already, and I'll check back at this tomorrow.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Blackberry »

*Peck*
Last edited by Blackberry on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Geez, Moo and I are the only ones who didn't pick a flying Pokemon...
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Blackberry »

I have a question about Leech Seed:

If Ivysaur goes down to 0, does the Leech Seed still take affect and heal him back to 10?

If yes, then if Ivysaur is attacked and damaged to a hypothetical -10, does the damage go - and his healin go back to 0 and him still die?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

Blackberry wrote:I have a question about Leech Seed:

If Ivysaur goes down to 0, does the Leech Seed still take affect and heal him back to 10?

If yes, then if Ivysaur is attacked and damaged to a hypothetical -10, does the damage go - and his healin go back to 0 and him still die?
To your first question I'm going to say no, he faints, because he gains the energy at the end of the round by which point he has already fainted.

Something I meant to mention earlier: Remember that since you only pay for the bids you win, it seems to me that the best strategy would be bidding for each Pokemon based on what you think it's worth. In the last game some people bidded high for the one they wanted and very low for all the others. Unless there's only one Pokemon that you think is useful at all, this doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:06 am

Post by Blackberry »

Ivysar has Blizzard!? :-o Damn you go flower boy! ^_^
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:08 am

Post by Adrien C »

Can I still /in Tentacruel - Sludge and Mega Drain?
Pretend like something witty, funny, or inspiration is written here.
Moospiker
Moospiker
Goon
Moospiker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:48 am

Post by Moospiker »

Mew and Ivysaur's moves are the wrong way round.
Click.

Please, no double capitals.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:52 am

Post by KageLord »

Blackberry wrote:Ivysar has Blizzard!? :-o Damn you go flower boy! ^_^
lololol.

Ivysaur and Mew's moves should be switched. :P
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Hehe, sorry, chalk that up to my fever.
Adrien C wrote:Can I still /in Tentacruel - Sludge and Mega Drain?
Sorry, I was planning on 6, and people have already sent in bids and such :|
Cracking Idea Mafia
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Adrien C »

Oh well. I'll just play the next one.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:14 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I haven't received all the bids yet. And due to unforeseen circumstances... I'm going to postpone this game a while. If it's not started by a week or so, I'll cancel it.
Cracking Idea Mafia
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:11 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

If Xdammno is going to cancel it, I'll make a new threa for it and allowing in Adrien C.

Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Adrien C »

Yay!
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Cybele »

animorpherv1 wrote:If Xdammno is going to cancel it, I'll make a new threa for it and allowing in Adrien C.
Well, since you'd be modding, there would be a free space anyways.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

That's why I said it.

Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:48 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Sure, go ahead and rehost this. I don't mind at all.
Cracking Idea Mafia

Return to “Social Game Archive”