mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:46 am

Post by mathcam »

Bah. Damn you shady and your semi-convincing posts.

Let's see...if shady were scum, he easily could have jumped on the Cam wagon figuring pwnz was one easy convincing away from winning the game. Of course, the alternative is to jump on the pwnz bandwagon, claim that he's getting "pro-town" vibes from me, and hope that
I'll
be the sucker that gives him his second vote. Now, obviously, the trick is to decide which is the truth.

Shady, what do you think of pwnz's "proof of innocence" in his first post?

Cam
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:29 pm

Post by pwnz »

mathcam wrote:Shady, what do you think of pwnz's "proof of innocence" in his first post?
Nobody is proven innocent until guilty, cam, and at this point in the game.. I think you should be asking yourself this question.. not shady. In fact.. it's the same shady whom you claimed you thought to be the last remaining scum only a few posts ago.
I'm not scum, and you both should know that. Vraak, who was a townie, killed last night by the last remaining scum, confirmed my role as legit within the military rank system. Even if I was the last remaining scum, wouldn't it have made sense for me to keep Vraak alive, knowing that he would believe me to be pro-town with a pro-town role?
He said that I would be his prime suspect if mathcam had died. An easy frame would be for the scum to kill mathcam and have Vraak and himself vote me to end the game. Simple enough.. an easy mafia win. There is only one problem with that, however. Mathcam couldn't have died.. because mathcam can't kill himself. He's the mafia.. and I'm still sure of it.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:04 pm

Post by mathcam »

Yeah, that's why I put in quotes. Your post seems to both say "Of course I'm not proven innocent" and "You should both know I'm innocent"....

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:12 am

Post by shadyforce »

mathcam wrote:Bah. Damn you shady and your semi-convincing posts.
Thanks.
mathcam wrote:Let's see...if shady were scum, he easily could have jumped on the Cam wagon figuring pwnz was one easy convincing away from winning the game. Of course, the alternative is to jump on the pwnz bandwagon, claim that he's getting "pro-town" vibes from me, and hope that
I'll
be the sucker that gives him his second vote. Now, obviously, the trick is to decide which is the truth.
Yeah, I guess if I was scum, it was a choice between me winning the game, and me making it look like I was pro-town in the hope of winning the game. Tough choice there...
mathcam wrote:Shady, what do you think of pwnz's "proof of innocence" in his first post?
I assume you mean posts 1098 and 1100, or his above post which both say similar things.

Well, there are 2 parts to it:
pwnz wrote:wouldn't it have made sense for me to keep Vraak alive, knowing that he would believe me to be pro-town with a pro-town role?
That would make sense if you were to assume the following is true:
pwnz wrote:Vraak, who was a townie, killed last night by the last remaining scum, confirmed my role as legit within the military rank system.
But the fact is that Vraak didn't say pwnz must be who he says he is. What he basically said was that according to his knowledge of the military rank system, pwnz's role fits. He isn't saying that it is proof that pwnz is innocent, he is saying that it isn't proof of pwnz's guilt.

The other part:
pwnz wrote:He [Vraak] said that I would be his prime suspect if mathcam had died. An easy frame would be for the scum to kill mathcam and have Vraak and himself vote me to end the game. Simple enough.. an easy mafia win.
That's basically saying that Cam must be scum because scum other than Cam would obviously kill Cam and ride the Vraak+scum wagon to lynching yourself, pwnz. But what if YOU are scum? You're not going to kill Cam either because you know you'll get yourself lynched that way.

The correct conclusion to your point is that scum is likely to be either you or Cam.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:29 pm

Post by mathcam »

Okay, I'm convinced. I don't think shady would have claimed cop on day 2 if he were scum. I also think if he were scum he would have come after me today. I realize that this may be a counter-ploy to get me to vote, but even then, I think he would have had an easier job of it going after me than after pwnz. Unfortunately, there are a couple of arguments the other way...so I do this with mild trepidation, as I'm pretty sure I've been burned by shady before, so if it happens again, then well...bah. It wouldn't be so bad if this game weren't already a 14-month investment.

Vote: pwnz

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:30 am

Post by shadyforce »

Wow, after 14 long months, it feels great to be officially putting an end to the game with the final lynching vote. Let's hope it's the right one...

Vote: pwnz
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:26 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Finally, there is an agreement. pwnz accepts his fate, and just slumps in his chair. Since he isn't putting up a fight, shadyforce and mathcam decide to tie him up -- no need to kill him if they don't have to. However, while mathcam is finishing the final knot, he feels the knife go into his back. As he falls to the floor, he looks up just in time to see pwnz panic before the knife is plunged into his heart.

The mess hall is quiet once more. Smiling, shadyforce proudly surveys the scene. He continues to grin as he walks out into the storm.

Scum Wins

Remaining Cadets
:
Shadyforce -
Scum

Deceased
:
pwnz
(replaces Untrod Tripod) - Good

mathcam
(replaces spork76 (replaces bloojay)) - Good

Vraak X
(replaces genku) - Good

EnPaceRaquiescat
(replaces Werebear (replaces JazztheRed)) - Good

PeaceBringer
(replaces Tigris)
-
Good

mathcam -
Good

EnPaceRequiescat
(replaces Wwoody123)
-
Good

Flying Dutchman
(replaces stupid_ (replaces tehgood II (replaces PBuG))) -
Scum

Cadmium -
Good
Last edited by Fishbulb on Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:28 am

Post by mathcam »

Sigh. Shady, when will I learn? :(

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:53 am

Post by shadyforce »

There was nothing you could really do Cam. If I was in your shoes, I'd trust me every time as well. I was a confirmed cop, and I did go a roundabout way of finishing the game (deliberately), all indications pointed to someone else being scum. The fact that I happened to be scum, and I happened to get away with a cop claim on day 2 was really just bad luck on your part. I don't think there was much you could do. Just one of those situations where playing the odds turned out to be wrong.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:14 am

Post by Cadmium »

:shock:

Congrats, shady!!!

I'm actually more surprised that this game is really over now than that shady was scum ;).
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:39 am

Post by Mgm »

Well played shady!
Why don't I ever get away with tricks like that?
*goes off pondering*
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:05 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Actually, the main thing I thought shadyforce had going against him was that if he was a "confirmed" cop by Day 2, why is he still alive? :D

Any comments on my first time moderating? I did realize after the fact that I should've put a final vote count at the end of each day. :oops:
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:32 am

Post by mathcam »

Hm, good point, Fishbulb.

Also, one of the biggest reasons I voted for pwnz is was because it didn't look like pwnz was going to vote for shady, so the only viable not-me lynch was pwnz. D'oh.

Pretty smooth on the modding front, Fishbulb. Yeah, end-of-day vote counts, and unless I missed it, you usually didn't post the results of the previous day's lynch (whether the lynchee was town or scum) until the next morning. In any case, thanks a bunch for volunteering, so we can now lay this puppy down to sleep.

Cam
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:38 am

Post by Phoebus »

we can now lay this puppy down to sleep.
:shock:
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:39 am

Post by mathcam »

Oh, killing dogs is just a hobby.

Cam
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:39 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Well done, Shady! I sucked, but you made it up nicely! :D

Nice job Fishbulb, too bad we couldn't regenerate the game mechanics.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:51 am

Post by Fishbulb »

mathcam wrote:you usually didn't post the results of the previous day's lynch (whether the lynchee was town or scum) until the next morning.
Yeah, but I didn't think it would matter as the only night choice was scum, and they already knew the result.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:13 am

Post by shadyforce »

Fishbulb wrote:Actually, the main thing I thought shadyforce had going against him was that if he was a "confirmed" cop by Day 2, why is he still alive? :D
Yeah, I was wondering how I'd have handled that scenario... I think I'd have turned it against my accuser saying that desperate scum could leave me alive and then say: "if he was really cop, he'd be dead by now". And accuse the first person to bring it up as being that scum.

Excellent job Fishbulb. Thanks for agreeing to take on the task of trying to restart the game. (That was your first time modding??? I didn't real;ise that until you mentioned just there. It certainly didn't show.)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:14 am

Post by mathcam »

Ditto for the last paragraph.

Cam
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:30 pm

Post by pwnz »

Very nice game. I wasn't sure what to do.. and I didn't want to be the one to cast a wrong vote. Anyways.. ballsy move, mathcam. Sorry it didn't work.
Vraak X
Vraak X
Approved by George W. Bush
Vraak X

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:49 pm

Post by Vraak X »

I was going to vote ShadyForce after the night was done (expecting Mathcam or pwnz to be dead).. But really didn't expect my death.

I knew Mathcam couldn't be it. I have my reasons how I know. Pwnz.. well, he just seemed naive to me..
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:42 am

Post by mathcam »

Well yeah, me too. I woke up in the morning going after shady, very suspicious of his aggressive stance on the no lynch front. I was, in fact,
convinced
of his scumminess...until he started posting. Bah!

There was a time a few months ago where shady and I were in three games at the same time, or something like that, and shady beat me in all 3 at once. That was demoralizing. Do you remember what they were? Off the top of my head, I"m thinking something like Monty Python mafia, Pokemafia, and one of Werebear's hitchhiker games.

Another
part of the reason I lynched wrong today was becaue I was worried I was finding shady scummy only because I didn't want to lose to him again, and I apparently overcompensated. Look how well that worked.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:27 am

Post by shadyforce »

Lol, I really was on fire around that time... It was around May 4th/May 5th:

One of them was Phoebus' Harry Potter Mafia. I was scum, and I got you lynched (even though you were good) and went on to survive and win.

The second one was JereIC'sPixar Mafia where you were again scum, I got you lynched, and went on to survive and win as town.

The third one was Tal's Pencil Case Mafia. I got you lynched on Day 3 (you were scum) and though I didn't survive, the town went on to win with 6 survivors.

I'm sorry, but when you get three up on one of the site's best players, you can't not gloat! :P
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:28 am

Post by mathcam »

Wow, we've been in a lot of games together.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:32 am

Post by shadyforce »

Yeah, and I bet you've beat me more times than I've beat you, it's just those 3 simultanious ones were particularly memorable, because it was a fun few days... :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”