Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:27 am

Post by Herodotus »

It's not my only reason, but I do consider it very scummy that he read an accusation into posts that contained no traces of one.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by Feysal »

I'm here, somewhat. I'm even caught up on recent posts, but I don't feel particularly in touch with the game, and need to refresh my memory and look farther back. I do remember feeling inclined to vote d3x, but will check his meta in more detail tomorrow before doing so. Now, sleep.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by d3x »

Well that Wagon developed quickly...

Going back for the moment.

In post 456, GummyBear wrote:D3x: Care to try again, seeing as how I say in the same post you link that he has been scummy. Not the scummiest, not the best lynch, but a valid one, especially on Day 1.

p218 - You pretty clearly infer that you have a Town read on Ludi.
p342 - You state your read on CES is null.
p421 - You don't find CES obvScummy, but he isn't a bad Lynch.

You have fought against the Replacement being alignment indicative and 2/3 of your posts are Null to Townish sounding on him, then when the Lynchis secured he's suddenly the next best option.

In post 471, Herodotus wrote:What I want to be public information is whether this is an AITP game, in which the town needs one particular person to survive, or not.
Again, I don't see how this is even a legit Townquestion.

In post 472, GummyBear wrote:most of it was justifying a shitty wagon. We felt he was town
This speaks directly to my earlier points.

Re: my 'meta' - My overall posting/presence/attention to detail has actually decreased sitewide after the end of that game. You can check any of them {linked in my wiki}. As I've stated, there was some RL issues that I've had to deal with recently.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Dex: thoughts on Rob saying GB is town.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by d3x »

I think I see what he's saying, but I'm not sold.

GTKAS - d3x
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Post by Herodotus »

In post 502, d3x wrote:
In post 471, Herodotus wrote:What I want to be public information is whether this is an AITP game, in which the town needs one particular person to survive, or not.
Again, I don't see how this is even a legit Townquestion.

I don't see how it's a legit Scumquestion, though. I assume that the scum already know the answer. Maybe everyone knows it; but it's not public.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Post by Herodotus »

In post 502, d3x wrote:
In post 456, GummyBear wrote:D3x: Care to try again, seeing as how I say in the same post you link that he has been scummy. Not the scummiest, not the best lynch, but a valid one, especially on Day 1.

p218 - You pretty clearly infer that you have a Town read on Ludi.
p342 - You state your read on CES is null.
p421 - You don't find CES obvScummy, but he isn't a bad Lynch.

You have fought against the Replacement being alignment indicative and 2/3 of your posts are Null to Townish sounding on him, then when the Lynchis secured he's suddenly the next best option.

The problem here is that if Gummy is scum, while you and Cogito (the two competing wagons) were both town, I don't see Gummy's motive to reposition himself like that.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Post by Herodotus »

@d3x: You presumably know kthxbye best from personal experience. Have you been trying to read them since your first comment on them?

I just did ISO's of several players, and see no reason to believe he's town.

UNVOTE: d3x

VOTE: kthxbye

Kthxbye wrote:Dex: thoughts on Rob saying GB is town.

It seems to me that if Rob has good reasons for not explaining what he said, then asking other players to comment is anti-town.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:55 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 507, Herodotus wrote:It seems to me that if Rob has good reasons for not explaining what he said, then asking other players to comment is anti-town.

That's what I was just thinking. He seems far, far too interested in dragging out the reasoning for my read, which is entirely anti-town. He's talked about it over and over again in several posts since then and attempted to engage me and d3x in conversation regarding where the town-tell could have been.

Unvote
Vote kthxbye
GummyBear
GummyBear
Goon
GummyBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:36 am

Post by GummyBear »

Fuckety fuck really? I have this great scumread on somebody, and then you go and make a post like this one.

Ffffffffff like this:
In post 495, Kthxbye wrote:I also believe that I'm starting to do the same things I'm accusing GB of doing. This means what GB is doing isn't necessarily from a scum mind set if I find myself doing them as well.

just feels so town it hurts.

uuuugggghhhhhh

But past behavior so scummy

god dammit

alofnhapofjapsfojaspfoj

UNVOTE: for now, at least.

-q
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:10 am

Post by Rob14 »

^ Now
there's
a town post I can comment on. Why would he concede to that when the wagon is just picking up? Unless they're scum together, then I don't see any scum motivation for doing that.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:20 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vote Count 2.3

d3x (3)
– DeasVail, Jabberwock, BBmolla
kthxbye (2)
– Herodotus, Rob13
Herodotus (2)
– d3x, Sottyrulez

Not Voting (3)
- Feysal, kthxbye, Gummybear

Deadline: Saturday January 26 @ 11:00 PM Eastern
Countdown: (expired on 2013-01-26 23:00:00)
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:25 am

Post by d3x »

Kthx is actually one of my stronger TownReads, largely because of things like this info fishing. If he wasn't doing that, I'd be really suspicious of him.

GTKAS - d3x
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:10 am

Post by Jabberwock »

This head (Empire) will be V/LA until Saturday due to a family emergency that just came up. Sorry for the inconvenience.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:24 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Still can't see this towntell that Gummybear was supposed to have dropped, but Rob is claiming he can't explain it... so whatever.

kthx wagon is an easy and terrible wagon, Hero's support of it is so scummy, can we lynch him now please?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:41 am

Post by DeasVail »

Herod, what do you think of d3x compared to kthx?
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Post by Herodotus »

@sottyrulez: There was one vote on kthxbye when I voted him, your comment is nothing less than absurd.

@DeasVail: At this moment, I am more suspicious of kthxbye. When reading d3x, I keep flipping between a mild scum and a mild town read. Most people in the game have at some point given me a reason to think they are town, even if they have also triggered my scumdar at other times. kthxbye hasn't.

To put it another way, I could put together some argument to convince myself that almost every person is town, but I'm struggling to make that argument for kthxbye.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Hero, point out the posts for everyone that you think peg me as being scum. So far all I see is "people are suspicious of kthx, I am too" from you. What are your EXACT reasons for thinking I'm scum? On the flip side, what posts do you use to convince yourself that Feysal and DV are town? I'm assuming you can put together an argument based on more than 'gut'.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Noting that sottyrulez and kthxbye both seem to be reacting as if my kthxbye vote followed suspicion or votes from large numbers of players. In fact, the only person who showed any suspicion toward him before my vote was gummybear, and kthxbye earlier complained about being called town too much.

My reasons are mostly POE.
There was post 503 that I quoted.
I pointed out the strangeness of your reaction to Gummy at the beginning of the day:
@kthxbye: When you posted a scumlist, you didn't mention Gummy. Since then you've called them lurkers, but they were lurking from the beginning.
And to be fair, some OMGUS.

Since you asked, towntells from DV:
First was early - page 4-5 - If DV was scum, I don't think he would have declared his intent to abandon the wagon on me so soon after d3x placed his vote, as he was giving up on a potential mislynch. IIRC, the Magister wagon that he joined didn't seem any more promising at the time, though I might recall incorrectly.
I also get a very town vibe from post 341. I don't know his reasons for saying that, or what he thought Feysal had to say, but DV's post was almost certainly written by someone who felt the need neither to learn Feysal's information, nor to justify his opinion that whatever Feysal had to say wasn't worth discussing. I think scum would have been curious about what Feysal (assuming Feysal is town) was thinking, and even if they weren't, they would have felt obligated to explain a reason why they didn't want Feysal to elaborate.

As for Feysal, my townread is almost entirely from page 14. A scum could make the same posts, but I wouldn't expect it. And it is IIoA, but I've been assuming we'll get some of the A soon. (Feysal...?)
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:20 am

Post by Rob14 »

@Mod - Please prod BBmolla and Feysal

We need to hear more from both of them.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:18 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 518, Herodotus wrote:Noting that sottyrulez and kthxbye both seem to be reacting as if my kthxbye vote followed suspicion or votes from large numbers of players. In fact, the only person who showed any suspicion toward him before my vote was gummybear, and kthxbye earlier complained about being called town too much.

We didn't actually say that?

Your slip on to him for little to no reason was extremely poor and this:

In post 507, Herodotus wrote:I just did ISO's of several players, and see no reason to believe he's town.

Sounds extremely contrived. Can you go into more detail about your POE?

~Sotty
GummyBear
GummyBear
Goon
GummyBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:27 am

Post by GummyBear »

Herowagon=badwagon.

Will try to read some ISOs today and see if I can regain my a reading on my scumpass. (scum compass? anyone? ok)

-q
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:11 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 518, Herodotus wrote:Noting that sottyrulez and kthxbye both seem to be reacting as if my kthxbye vote followed suspicion or votes from large numbers of players. In fact, the only person who showed any suspicion toward him before my vote was gummybear, and kthxbye earlier complained about being called town too much.

Speaking of that...

In post 332, Herodotus wrote:Feysal, if you think that's a town tell, then I'm skeptical about there being something that we need to discuss. If it has something to do with flavour confirming me as town, we're better off leaving the scum in the dark.

UNVOTE: Feysal

VOTE: kthxbye
There, now the scum won't kill you.

In post 336, Herodotus wrote:
Under that theory a scum can get frustrated, throw up their hands and quit and you're supposed to go... walp, that's null then.

No, because it doesn't change the things that made them scummy prior to their replacing out.
Replacing out will never help scum win, so it's never helpful to the scum who replaces out. But, I might have been overly pedantic/dogmatic. People aren't always rational. I still dislike people making that accusation but I don't feel that discussing it further will lead to anything positive.

Preview:
Consider me to be "not voting". The kthxbye vote is a joke, I don't have any read on that player.

Yeah, but now it's a serious point. I guess it is when you need to pad a case.

In post 338, Herodotus wrote:In case there is VCA later:
UNVOTE:

I'm planning to put some thought into Cogito, because I'm finding him personally suspicious - aside from the arguments against Magister Ludi - for a specific reason that I'll share after I've had some time to examine him, confirm that my reason is valid, etc. as needed.

Trying to evade VCA analysis is self preservation motivated.

In post 518, Herodotus wrote:My reasons are mostly POE.

It's hard to not raise an eyebrow when you have a pre-emptive excuse for having weak points and then write an argument like your points are strong and persuasive. It's certainly hard to look at you doing something like this and believe you're genuinely scumhunting.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:15 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 521, GummyBear wrote:Herowagon=badwagon.

Will try to read some ISOs today and see if I can regain my a reading on my scumpass. (scum compass? anyone? ok)

-q

That's not how this works. If you're opposed to the wagon and you're trying to stop people from supporting his lynch, you have to explain why it's a bad wagon.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:31 am

Post by Herodotus »

@sottyrulez, in chronological order:
I didn't say you said that, but your words "easy and terrible wagon" do suggest that you "seem to be reacting as if my kthxbye vote followed suspicion or votes from large numbers of players."

Can you go into more detail about your POE?

I could post some of the towntells I've found about each player, but no, I couldn't post everything that was going through my mind at the time that I did my reading.

When I voted kthxbye on day 1, it was a joke and not because I thought he was scum. This was clear from what you quoted and bolded. There isn't any direct connection to my current vote on him, which is not a joke. I doubt anyone understands what you're trying to say about that. If the word "pad" applies to anything, it's your post 522, which takes big irrelevant quotes without trying to apply them. (Is it your intention to draw the votes from your scumbuddy kthxbye onto yourself? Then he's a scum PR, while you're a goon. Thanks for letting us know.)

I wrote all of my reasons. In any argument, there will be some stronger and some weaker reasons to believe in an idea. OMGUS is weak. The fishing point about 503 is strong. The inconsistency about Gummy is moderate. POE depends on whether one is right about the other players.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”