Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Newbie 303: Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Game Status: Game Over - scum wins. Sort of.

Darkness has fallen over your little town. Evil stalks the streets. Death is around every corner. And the only way to deal with it is to hunt down the malefactors and teach them a lesson at the end of a rope.

Player List

Blackberry (
Mafia
) - survived

Finch (
Mafia
) - lynched day 1
superstring91 (Townie) - killed night 1
EmbracingMelodyX (Townie) - lynched day 2
reliance (Townie) - killed night 2
Dagger (Townie) - lynched day 3
Twito (Townie) - married Blackberry in the endgame.

The Set-up

This is a game, which means that one of the following four set-ups is used for this game:
  • 2 mafia, 1 cop, 1 doc, 3 townies
  • 2 mafia, 1 cop, 4 townies
  • 2 mafia, 1 doc, 4 townies
  • 2 mafia, 5 townies
Note: in view of the number of players, we will start in the day phase, although most larger games start with a night. The mafia will be allowed to communicate pre-game, though no role will submit choices until Day 1 is over.

Possible roles

You are the mafia with XXX
. You may only talk with each other during the game's "night", and before the game starts, but not during the "day." You let me know before the night's deadline who will be your victim. You win the game when all the other players are dead.

You are the cop
. Every "night" before the deadline you send me a message with a name of your choice, and I will let you know whether that player is mafia or not. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread. You win the game when the mafia are dead.

You are the doctor
. Every "night" before the deadline you send me a message with a name of your choice, and that player cannot die if attacked by the mafia that night. You cannot heal yourself. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread. You win the game when the mafia are dead.

You are a townie
. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread. You win the game when the mafia are dead.
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:09 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

RULES
(see also Mr Stoofer's modding policies)

[01] Votes must be in bold. If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
[02] Please be attentive and unvote, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I’d appreciate it.
[03] Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, their pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. Feel free to post in twilight, though.
[04] You may vote: no lynch. Majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
[05] If I impose a day deadline, lynching will require at least half of the regular majority at deadline. In case of a tie, first come first served. In the endgame (six players or fewer) only lynches with a regular majority will occur.
[06] When I set a day deadline, the deadline lasts until I actually lock the thread.
[07] The game is not to be discussed outside the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so – and then only at night.
[08] Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing. Not even a “Bah!” post, please. Save it for after the game is over.
[09] No small or invisible text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.
[10] Don’t quote any PMs from me. If you do, I will destroy you.
[11] If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you. If you do not submit a choice to me, I’ll make it for you and you won’t like it.
[12] If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
[13] Unlike other mods I am fallible. Please point out any mistakes I make gently. In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, it is your responsibility to correct me. If you don’t your vote may be treated as it appears in the vote count.
[14]
If you have any questions at all, please PM me or post the question in the thread.

[15] Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod. I have zero tolerance for abusive posts.
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:44 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I'm just waiting on Innocent Killers. I'll give him 24 hours to pick up his PM and then I'll replace him.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:15 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Innocent Killers has not picked up his PM, so
Mr Finch replaces Innocent Killers
. We'll get the game started once he confirms.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:56 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I'm sorry this is taking so long. I've emailed Mr. Finch and hopefully we'll be able to get going soon. If I don't hear from him within 24 hours I will get another replacement.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:38 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Excellent, everyone has confirmed, so it's time to hunt out and lynch the scum.

It is now Day 1. With 7 alive, it will take 4 of you to lynch.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:43 pm

Post by Mr Finch »

/me yawns and awakens slowly. Apologies for the delay folks, I hadn't had enough tea, obviously.

I would random vote but I want to know if Twito's read his role PM first. ;)
>That's [i]Mister[/i] Finch to you, scum!
>I am not in America. GMT Rulez!
reliance
reliance
Townie
reliance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:32 am

Post by reliance »

Random vote: EmbracingMelodyX
. That name is entirely too long.
"People who have given us their complete confidence believe that they have a right to ours. The inference is false, a gift confers no rights." --Friedrich Nietzsche
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Blackberry »

Ello, welcome one and all to mafia. I suppose some of you here are newbs, and as newbs I'll teach you the first lesson of mafia.
Prepare to be killed, bwhahaha...
Err, I mean, TRUST NO ONE... Unless you're cop and you get innocent on someone (in a newb game)... Most people like to random vote on Day 1, but I hate randomvoters cuz they're stupid and thus random and the random vote serves no purpose... hmmm.

Vote: Relienace

This vote isn't random, shhhh.

If you're mafia, I advise if you get alot of votes to claim Vigilante, because nobody will lynch you if you claim Vigilante... Just some advice.

There's also a role on "LYNCH ALL LIARS" which I disagree with in bigger games. But since it's a newb game, it is well to "Lynch All Liars"... Aka if you're a good guy then don't lie...
unless of course, you're A ZOMBIE!

That's all for today.

How a wonderful night and remember: DON'T START FOREST FIRES.

PS: I just discovered Tim Horton's Coffee and it is the best AND cheaper than Starbucks! <3

Blackberry
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:03 am

Post by Blackberry »

**I can't spell

Vote: Reliance

:)
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Well, I'm guessing that Blackberry is one of our ICs then! :)

<blockquote>If you're mafia, I advise if you get alot of votes to claim Vigilante, because nobody will lynch you if you claim Vigilante... Just some advice.</blockquote>

Which of course doesn't apply in a C9 setup as we have no Vigilantes! Are you really our IC??

I am one of the newbies and after my screwup of not counter-claiming in my last game any help is much appreciated!
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Blackberry »

Mr Finch wrote:Well, I'm guessing that Blackberry is one of our ICs then! :)

<blockquote>If you're mafia, I advise if you get alot of votes to claim Vigilante, because nobody will lynch you if you claim Vigilante... Just some advice.</blockquote>

Which of course doesn't apply in a C9 setup as we have no Vigilantes! Are you really our IC??

I am one of the newbies and after my screwup of not counter-claiming in my last game any help is much appreciated!
We can to have Vigilantes. Don't lie to everyone, foolish mortal
(unless you're a zombie?)

Yes I'm an IC... through I've been on hiatus for awhile?
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:30 am

Post by Mr Finch »

The Moderator! wrote: * 2 mafia, 1 cop, 1 doc, 3 townies
* 2 mafia, 1 cop, 4 townies
* 2 mafia, 1 doc, 4 townies
* 2 mafia, 5 townies
And you call me the liar!

Strike one for Blackberry.

Oh yeah, and apologies for trying to use blogging tags in my previous post - I am obviously crap at the internet!
EmbracingMelodyX
EmbracingMelodyX
Goon
EmbracingMelodyX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:23 am

Post by EmbracingMelodyX »

Vote: Reliance

Its not nice to diss someones name.[/b]
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:23 am

Post by superstring91 »

i do agree with blackberry. random votes are dumb. they rreduce the number of townies [unless we get extremely lucky and random lynch a mafia] but what if we lynch a cop, or heaven forbid, a doc [assuming we are playing with them]

overall, the ratio of mafia to town is increased, and we dont know anything
here

mafia/town
no lynch 2 / 4
random 2 / 3

this is day 2.
so if we random lynch, we lose a member of the town, and the game will have a higher probability of a mafia win.

it may seem like reliance is mafia solely because of his random vote
i don't think that reliance is mafia because he is new[as most of us are], and probably isn't thinking ahead.

VOTE: NO LYNCH
reliance
reliance
Townie
reliance
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:40 am

Post by reliance »

superstring: No lynch is an incredibly bad idea. This is a C9 setup. We don't know for sure that the town even has any power roles. We should probably talk for a while and see what conclusions we can draw from everyone. Also, I know that mafia theory isn't utterly important, but I don't think that there is anything at all wrong with a random vote, especially when you start with day. Random votes are simultaneously a way to say hi and a way to watch reactions. Especially in a newb game, if you random vote a new scum, they're likely to overreact.
"People who have given us their complete confidence believe that they have a right to ours. The inference is false, a gift confers no rights." --Friedrich Nietzsche
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Twito »

To put more weight to my opinion about no-lynches especially on newbie games.
Vote: superstring91
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by superstring91 »

thats an interesting point reliance, i never thought about it like that
UNVOTE
superstring91
superstring91
Goon
superstring91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by superstring91 »

Twito wrote:To put more weight to my opinion about no-lynches especially on newbie games.
what do you mean by that?
Dagger
Dagger
Goon
Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by Dagger »

Oh, the game started...

In that case,
Vote: Blackberry
for sounding juicy enough to eat.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:07 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

First Vote Count of the Game

Reliance: 2 (Blackberry, EmbracingMelodyX)
EmbracingMelodyX: 1 (reliance)
superstring91: 1 (Twito )
Blackberry: 1 (Dagger)

Not voting: Mr Finch, superstring91

With 7 alive, it will take 4 votes to lynch.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:45 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Well, I'm going to vote now. I'm not going to vote Reliance because that would put him at lynch-1 which is stupid this early.

My vote is going to:

Vote: superstring91

Although you only joined 10 Jan 2007, you seem to speak of the lynch/no lynch variables lke a seasoned veteran. By voting no lynch so early suggests you might want the day to finish quickly. A quick day is great for scum as town doesn't have the opportunity to question and confirm who is the scum.

I am well aware that no lynch is a tactic, it really sucks in a game with this few players.

Random Lynches are dumb. That why we should let the day play for as long we can. We find out the scum and lynch them properly. I discovered this in my first game (293) where I blinked and missed the end of both days. As Spectrumvoid would point out, look at newbie 280, it's an interesting read with a day 1 that went on for months!
Dagger
Dagger
Goon
Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:14 am

Post by Dagger »

I do believe that 'no lynch' is definitely not a tactic at all at such an early stage of the game. Maybe because this is a newb game, superstring was hoping to somehow mislead the town into a 'no lynch'?
FoS: superstring91
I really really want to change it into a vote, by the way, but that would mean lynch -1, and I am not comfortable with such a situation this early yet.
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Twito »

If we lynch we have change to make one mislynch. If we no-lynch we don't but we can have 1 more day. Obviously it's better to lynch.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Blackberry »

reliance wrote:superstring: No lynch is an incredibly bad idea. This is a C9 setup. We don't know for sure that the town even has any power roles. We should probably talk for a while and see what conclusions we can draw from everyone. Also, I know that mafia theory isn't utterly important, but I don't think that there is anything at all wrong with a random vote, especially when you start with day. Random votes are simultaneously a way to say hi and a way to watch reactions. Especially in a newb game, if you random vote a new scum, they're likely to overreact.
Reliance - You appear to be extremely intelligent for somebody who just joined, I don't think it's any sign of scum thou... hmmm.

Dagger - I'll take note that you didn't comment/FoS Superstring UNTIL someone else (Mr. Finch) posted something about it. I find that slightly suspiscious.

Superstring - A) I didn't say anything about random lynching, I was just commenting on random
voting
. I concur that it is slightly suspiscious. For the MOMENT I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you are a newb.

I'll call it right now: I'd say superstring/dagger ... 8) If I'm right I think you all should worship me for my mad skills. 8)

I want to hear more from EmbracingMelody.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”