Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:29 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'm going to post the players from the most suspicious to the least:

Mokina
:
Aimee wrote:However, the fact he seems to take two sides to every player is quite concerning - seemingly like he didn't want to step on any toes. I am particularly concerned by the lack of opinion given on ryan, for some reason. I also could see this post being an opportunity to lurk by not really saying much - let's face it, EB was basically saying what had been said up to this point (although it isn't damning evidence against him).

He seems to be happy voting for lurkers "if they don't elicit some good responses," whatever that means. I am interpreting it to mean they aren't saying much. If so, I would expect EB to be voting for Barmacral, who has effectively done this. Let's see...

He comes back at Tar's request, posting his top two targets. I am impressed he didn't pick Barma, and that he picked Tar. Note he picks a lurker and an aggressive players. Really non-committal here.
Regarding his earlier play, I agree with Aimee, and would call his behavior suspicious because he contradicted himself by not voting for Barmacral; didn't even place him as his top 2 suspects.

After replacing the bystander, Mokina hasn't done anything noteworthy: a hello post, a short suspicions list, a post on Barmacral and weighing in on SV's and Aimee's interaction. I disagree very much on this last one, and I'm going to get to that in Tar's analysis.

ryan
: I agree with some, if not most of his posts, but this strikes me as invariably stupid:
ryan wrote:You could also say that Tarhalindur is scum and that is why he knows FeRnAnDo is innocent
This is a massive overstatement and exaggeration of the situation. Too opportunistic if you ask me, maybe scum trying to recover from losing a potential suspect for the town.

Tarhalindur
:
Tarhalindur wrote:A quick glance at the thread tells me that ryan is attacking Fernando. I don't like this; as I noted before I got hit with limited access, I spotted something in one of Fernando's posts that makes me 90% sure he's pro-town. FoS: ryan

Unfortunately, I've just got word that I'm going to be on vacation from August 4-12. I'm 90% sure that I'll have no Internet access at that time. Mod, if that's going to be a problem then you should probably start looking for a (temporary?) replacement.
and the subsequent
Tar wrote:I will not elaborate at this time.

concerns me a lot. If he doesn't answer this, I am going to put a vote on him. If we can reduce to odds of a mislynch, that's what we should do. I think either

1) His information will be irrelevant, and we could all point and laugh at him at that time.

2) His information relates to a power role, to which point we can accuse him of role-fishing.

3) What he knows will help us strike out a player from our suspect list, or at least partially confirm him as town.

The last is of course the best case scenario, and what it is most likely to be. I don't think Tar would just drop a line like that mistakenly, or mention that he thinks someone is a power role; that's why he should tell us why he thinks Fernando is town. His FoS at ryan won't make much sense until he explains to us why he thinks Fernando is town.

...I got to leave now, so I'll post the rest another time, but I feel Aimee and SV are pretty much pro-town at this point.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:52 am

Post by ryan »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
ryan
: I agree with some, if not most of his posts, but this strikes me as invariably stupid:
ryan wrote:You could also say that Tarhalindur is scum and that is why he knows FeRnAnDo is innocent
This is a massive overstatement and exaggeration of the situation. Too opportunistic if you ask me, maybe scum trying to recover from losing a potential suspect for the town.
As early as we are in this game for somebody to say they are 90% sure somebody else is town is a heck of a stretch (even you have to admit that) that is why I posted what I said. I'm a little confused how I made #2 on your most suspicious list when you said you agreed with most if not all of my posts, care to clarify?
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:58 am

Your comment put me off a lot. He said he has a
reason
to think Fernando is 90% town. We can't accuse him of being scumbuddies with fernando until we have heard why he thinks so. You seemed like you were trying to discredit an argument before it was even made, and I found that scummy.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:12 am

Post by ryan »

Tarhalindur wrote:I spotted something in one of Fernando's posts that makes me 90% sure he's pro-town.
There is the exact quote. For some reason a few players (Tarha, Fernando and Aimee) seem to have information that they aren't willing to share or at least reasons they feel somebody is town that they aren't willing to share, that isn't very pro town if you ask me and the argument that it will help the scum isn't an argument, the scum know who they are, as long as we aren't giving out roles, I find no reason to not give reasons why somebody is town. We seem to have no problem fingering people for scum, so why not why people are town? One if not two of those three are scum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:16 am

Sure, and you are perfectly correct, except pointing him out as scum before he gives his reasons, or explains in a satisfactory manner why he can't give out reasons is scummy in itself.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:20 am

Post by ryan »

Tarhalindur wrote:
spectrumvoid wrote:Sharing things in mafia is a good idea.

Tarhalindur: Where's the 90& sure bit?
I will not elaborate at this time.
He had a chance to explain why Fernando was town and chose to do this post instead. Actually upon a little review of the game I do have a little more suspicion toward Tarhalindur than I did before, something about Aimee isn't sitting right with me right now.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

Mokina is being replaced (again).
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:28 am

Post by ryan »

Tarhalindur wrote:If we're going to do nonsensical things in an attempt to get the game moving, we should really make it something mafia-related (like, say, random bandwagoning and lurker hunting). Talking about futbol most assuredly does not help the town find mafia - indeed, such non-game-related discussion actually distracts the town from actually finding mafia.

The correllary here is that talking about a subject unrelated to the game is very good for the scum, since by distracting the townthe scum make it less likely that the town will find and lynch them.
Unvote, Vote: Fernando
Aimee wrote:I'm still here. Mod, could we maybe get a prod on Barmacral?
FeRnAnDo
FeRnAnDo
Goon
FeRnAnDo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:46 pm

Post by FeRnAnDo »

Why shouldn't I attack FeRnAnDo, he's making excuses for why he can't post a player analysis and you think that's legit?
You must be blind, that's what i did a couple posts before... and i already said that if you wanted another, with bigger letters, you can ask for one... i just saying i was waiting for a player's analysis (EB, at the time) to cast a vote.

ABR wrote: "You seemed like you were trying to discredit an argument before it was even made, and I found that scummy."

I second this and reafirm my
vote on ryan

If you didn't notice what others did ryan, go buy some awareness points in the nearest shop.
Never discuss with an idiot, he'll take it to his level and win due to experience.

In sports, it's not important to win or lose, but to get drunk.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:49 pm

Post by ryan »

Fernando: Your vote was already there Fernando, if you are trying to start up the bandwagon, it doesn't seem to be working my friend.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

The Central Scrutinizer replaces Mokina.

Vote Count:

spectrumvoid 1 (Tarhalindur)
FeRnAnDo 1 (ryan)
ryan 1 (FeRnAnDo)
Aimee 1 (spectrumvoid)

Not Voting 3 (Aimee, The Central Scrutinizer, Albert B. Rampage)

4 to lynch.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Chamber is right for once- cases
are
scummy.
Unvote, Vote ryan, FoS: Albert B. Rampage, FoS: Spectrumvoid

After this latest series of posts, Aimee is now looking quite pro-town to me. :oops:
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:18 am

Post by ryan »

Come on game, if nobody see's this latest vote by Tarhalinder as 100% opportunity by a scum you aren't paying attention, show me what he's done in this game besides lurk? I am a pro town player being targeted by two opportunistic scum.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:43 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Hola. The re-read is coming some time before I sleep today.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:16 am

Open 27 Read

The Central Scrutinizer (replacing Mokina (replacing

Enlightened Bystander))
ryan
Tarhalindur
FeRnAnDo
spectrumvoid
Aimee
Albert B. Rampage (replacing Barmacral)

----

1: Fun randomvoting goodness. My own quirk, especially

in C9, is that I like to have preliminary scumpairs in

mind based on who randomvoted who. Our winners here:

Ryan-Spectrumvoid
Fernando-TCS
Tarhal-ABR
Aimee-Ryan
TCS-Ryan
Spectrumvoid-Aimee
ABR-Spectrumvoid

Tarhal likes pressure voting. Slow starting game.

Switches vote as soon as Barma/ABR posts. Barma

doesn't randomvote, Ryan takes umbrage.

2: Tarhal votes Barma, considering a no-vote to be as

good as a vote for no lynch. I don't agree with this

assessment at Post 26.
FOS: Tarhal

Barma-Spectrumvoid randomvote, gives into pressure by

Ryan. Aimee makes good points in 33, but I'm a lot

more concerned with Tarhal's vote-hopping than with

Barma's easily caving to pressure. Giving into

pressure isn't a scumtell; in fact it's more of a

newbie town tell than anything else. Not sure why Ryan's so strong on Barma. Wondering where Fernando/SV are.

3: Ryan is very interested in making sure that people are voting. This is a null tell without other info, but this could be significant. Barma is sideways claiming power role. :\ Guys are right--lurking is probably hurting this game. I really don't see how Ryan can clear Tarhal, which is fishy to me.

4: SV returns, gives some analysis I agree with. Ryan re-votes Barma. Aimee's post 85 seems to say too much without saying enough, IMO. Tarhal gets very confrontational in response. Misreads SV... I'm not sure what game he's playing in. 93: This post makes Barma look a lot more like scum than previous posts did.
Major FOS: Ryan
for immediately unvoting a player he had voted twice right after that player just made the scummiest post he had made all game.

5: I don't like Mokina's first post. I wish I weren't her. Or that she wasn't me. Or whatever. Ryan hops again, to Fernando. Again, I'm not certain exactly what he's trying to accomplish if it's not to encourage posting or bus. I'm not exactly getting Ryan's play. Tarhal misses a grand opportunity to hop onto the Ryan-wagon, instead FOSing. If we should lynch Ryan and he comes up scum, I'm definitely bearing down on Tarhal.

6: Not much to add. Albert's first few offerings seem townie enough to me.

7: Now Tarhal votes Ryan. Let the games begin.
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:21 am

There seems to be a lot of fishy interaction between Tarhal and Ryan. That's why they top my list of possible scum. If I had to divide up the town, I'd do it like this, ranked from scummiest to least scummy.

Scum

1. Tarhal
2. Ryan

Neutral

3. Fernando
4. ABR

Town

5. Spectrumvoid
6. Aimee

At this point I'm going to
vote: Tarhalindur
, and
Confirm MFOS: Ryan
. His FOS and subsequent vote on Ryan smells like a big yellow bus to me. Combine that with Ryan's erratic behavior, especially towards Barma/ABR, and I'm not uninclined to think that I've found a scumpair.
possibly
comment."
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:40 am

Post by ryan »

How is Fernando's vote on me and than Tarha's vote within a few posts (after not contributing) not raise a huge red flag? Eratic behavior? I don't like games where people sit on their hands with no votes and no opinions and let the town lead, scum don't normally lead games, they look for a townie to make a mistake and than they pounce on it and see if they can get a quick lynch before the rest of the town has a chance to weigh in. We have enough players doing this currently to give me a great indication that Fernando and Tarhalindur are scum and NOT just because they have a vote on me, it's how they went about doing it. I can say with total certainity that if we get one lynched, we can get the other the next day after our cop investigates, this game should be a no brainer but lack of participation and some estranged townies are making it alot more difficult.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:58 am

So vote Tarhalindur with me. You're talking a big game, but you're not doing anything to back it up. That's a scum tell.
possibly
comment."
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:00 am

Post by ryan »

Unvote/Vote: Tarhalindur

I don't think it matters which one we take out, whether it be Fernando or Tarhalindur, it doesn't matter, either or needs to go.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:10 am

Post by ryan »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:So vote Tarhalindur with me.
You're talking a big game, but you're not doing anything to back it up.
That's a scum tell.
BTW. That is NOT a scum tell. Voting without a reason is a scumtell, voting just to prove you "are backing it up" is a nice way for scum to get you to follow, instead of voting with your own head. I have no problem putting a vote on Tarhalindur's head as I do feel he and Fernando are our scum.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:14 am

FOSing a player multiple times and encouraging others to vote for that player without yourself committing to do so is scummy behavior.
possibly
comment."
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:13 am

Post by ryan »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:FOSing a player multiple times and encouraging others to vote for that player without yourself committing to do so is scummy behavior.
How many times have I FoS'ed Tarhalindur before that post? I'll answer that one for you, zero. In fact I don't use FoS very often in this game, more often than not I drop a vote on them subject to be lifted dependent on observations or content to a question I've asked.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:36 am

ryan wrote:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:FOSing a player multiple times and encouraging others to vote for that player without yourself committing to do so is scummy behavior.
How many times have I FoS'ed Tarhalindur before that post? I'll answer that one for you, zero. In fact I don't use FoS very often in this game, more often than not I drop a vote on them subject to be lifted dependent on observations or content to a question I've asked.
FOS as a general term of suspicion, not the "official" bolded FOS. Glad that you're all too willing to split hairs.

I suppose we'll figure out who's scum and who's not eventually. I think I will be vindicated.
possibly
comment."
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:38 am

Post by ryan »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
ryan wrote:
FOS as a general term of suspicion, not the "official" bolded FOS. Glad that you're all too willing to split hairs.

I suppose we'll figure out who's scum and who's not eventually. I think I will be vindicated.
Not splitting hairs, making sure that we are talking about the same thing is my current objective.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

Vote Count (because there has been an unusual amount of voting recently):

Tarhalindur 2 (The Central Scrutinizer, ryan)
ryan 2 (FeRnAnDo, Tarhalindur)

Aimee 1 (spectrumvoid)

Not Voting 2 (Aimee, Albert B. Rampage)

4 to lynch.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”