Themed or not themed

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:22 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

zedmango, were you the 'guest' with the 5 ideas? Anyway...

* An SK/Vig game ends up like Texas Mafia, but less informed decisions.
* If it was three SKs in a mini, I'd say that's way too many...2 in 12, or 3 on 18, maybe...with three evil night killers, you start Day One (assuming initial night actions) with 9 players, and if you lynch wrong, you're at 5 on Day Two... it very quickly becomes prisoner's dilemma variant.
* I, along with several others, have had the brilliant idea of all-mafia Mafia repeatedly, and explained to us why it doesn't work. Without an uninformed majority, you end up in a random game of shots and kills. Nobody cares about anybody who isn't in their informed minority, so you'll lynch anybody. No strategy or information evolves in the course of the game. I've since mutated this into something that I think can work, but I'll hold that until I have modding powers...
* The last one's not bad. You still have the risk of three night kills each night, but with some pro-town killers you might stand a chance. Any mini with the potential for more than two night kills seems prone to a bloodbath unless you've got a lot of docs and roleblockers...

Phoebus wrote:
Guest wrote: I'd like to explore the dynamics of games where there's no cop, doc, or other weird roles which distract from the purity and aesthetic beauty of the game.
(emphasis mine)

Are you still playing Mafia then?
I don't understand this statement, Phoebus. Are you saying it can't be mafia *without* specialized roles? What about Mountainous Mafia?

Mr. Flay
Retired as of October 2014.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:22 pm

Post by Phoebus »

I'm saying weird roles which make it all the same type or two sides of same type is not quite mafia. cf. Gay Mafia
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:30 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Ahh, gotcha. I wasn't interpreting that statement as being connected to the game scenarios he suggested, but I can see what you mean now.
Retired as of October 2014.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”