Micro 544: A Midnight Sun, Part 2 ~game over~

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:36 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

...Thoughts on my thoughts, Fire? :/

Heading for bead. I expect a 20,000 word essay to be waiting for me in the morning. Your subjects are: How awesome & Town J&M are, and how much you agree. TY.
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:47 am

Post by Soren »

In post 28, Spiffeh wrote:VOTE: Suzune that post pings me.
I can see your concern on it. It's like Suzune is back pedaling on that post and just adding to it which doesn't actually do much to further the game state. However, I would not be okay with that post if that's all she's doing so I want to see what other posts she is making further down the game. But at that time of your vote she didn't have other posts so your vote is justified.
In post 29, Jin and Mugen wrote:@Soren - That would be my other head who voted you, so you'll have to wait on Mugen/LQ for your answer. I'm not going to explain my read in depth right now because I want to get people's opinions on it for future note. Also, good to see you again!
So far, the people I kinda like out of this are Other Head, and maybe Spiffah. (The timing on the vote is okay, even if I don't feel a Suz lynch) Iron Giant might be, but I want to know about the heads, just because I'm using some individual tells right now to reach that conclusion.

~Jin
Good to see you again too!
I disagree with those reads, or thoughts...? They seem to be saying that you have a town lean on them at least. Other Head hasn't done anything for me to call him town, elaborate please? (proof read activate, I town read him further down this post but at the time of your post, there wasn't anything that made me town read him) I can agree with the Spiffeh gut town lean (?) The vote is nice, but I want to see something more for that town lean to solidify.
In post 30, Jin and Mugen wrote:
In post 21, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:Soren I find is pretty stiff usually anyways.
That would be a null tell my friend.

-Fire, vedith is the scum head guys.

I've always found him a bit careless & fluffy, honestly. Like, he does try to play the game seriously & all, but this is a bit straightfoward & tryhardish for him.
My fluffy days are over.
In post 32, Suzune wrote:
In post 28, Spiffeh wrote:VOTE: Suzune that post pings me.

I just worry that with no one really talking the town will be unable to gain any ground. The worst thing we can do is stagnate before starting too look.
I don't know, I feel like to have the right to make a comment like that, you yourself will have to have instigated at least some discussion. I acknowledge that there hasn't been much in the game to comment, but I've been able to pick some things out that I wanted to understand further, and I'm sure there are things for you to pick out too. How do you feel about Iron Giant's obv town read in his ?
In post 33, Jin and Mugen wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 26, Soren wrote:
In post 18, Jin and Mugen wrote:Soren wagon is good.

~Jin.
You didn't answer my question.
And here you're saying the wagon on me is good when there is only one vote on me?
In post 19, Jin and Mugen wrote:That's a serious post, FYI.

He's stiff.
Stiff meaning what exactly?
In post 20, Jin and Mugen wrote:
In post 15, Delenn wrote:VOTE: other head

There's a difference between fast RVS and accidently turbo lynching and cutting off info.

Your campaigning for our lynch before we even post is weird as well.~Titus

Really meh on this too.
Another post from you expressing your attitude toward things but not explaining your attitude towards it. I agree with the post because the distinction she brought up is good. So I'm curious to hear what you find meh about it.
In post 23, Iron Giant wrote:@post 17 soren:

He's obvtown for showing concern that we'd derp and quicklynch without realizing how low the threshold to lynch is. Scum wouldn't give a shit because it'd be beneficial...unless delen is scum with him.

It's ~something~
You're right to say that scum wouldn't care much because it's beneficial. But isn't that a naive way to approach how scum would play? Surely a good scum player would say what Edgar said to gain town cred, like what you gave to him. I get what you're saying, but to go as extreme to call it obvtown, I find concerning, I wold only go so far as to say that it gives me town leans.
In post 24, Iron Giant wrote:Also it wasnt...really a contradiction and he didn't back off the wagon, he was never on it.

I stopped being a contradiction once he qualified that the scenario was different: can't have fast rvs wagons when you're playing a micro.
I suppose there is some truth to what you are saying, I guess our opinion on this just differs slightly.

This entire post is way too defensive and not enough gamesolvey.

~Mugen
To solve the game, one must first take a step into the game. That is me taking a step into the game.
In post 34, Jin and Mugen wrote:
In post 17, Soren wrote:
In post 12, Jin and Mugen wrote:VOTE: Soren

Did not like that confirm and then magically showing up as soon as the threads open.
What confirm?

So, like, I'm waiting days and days for this game to start and you do nothing to make that happen. It was a suspicion that you were chatting it up in the Scum PT.
Okay I get what you're saying now. I did not even know that we had to confirm for the game. My role PM didn't tell me that I had to confirm my role. Nor did my role PM contain the game thread and I wasn't bothered to go look for the game thread on my own. And now I just checked the OP and second post of the game thread and low and behold it tells me to confirm my role in the second post. I did not see this prior to the game start because 1, my role pm didn't mention anything about confirming and 2, my role pm didn't contain a link to the game thread, therefore I didn't see that I had confirm my role. I was confused that I didn't had to confirm my role like I have to do in other games, I too lazy to ask the mod and just assumed that I'll get notified once the game started, which I did. I too was waiting and wondering when the game would start.
In post 40, Spiffeh wrote:Why the fuck are people town reading me I have literally done nothing.
I find it really odd too.
In post 41, Spiffeh wrote:Anyway I voted for Suzune because she opted to take the "town cheerleader" role instead of comment on anything going on. It looked like she was trying to endear herself to everyone with a "go team!" mindset.
Right, I can agree with this and I like your vote even more now.
In post 47, Suzune wrote:
In post 46, Spiffeh wrote:None of the early stuff made you feel anything?
The only think that really stood out to me was the Iron Giant. The way he was talking was interesting but not really lynch worthy, but I got a good feeling from it. LQ usually stands out to be because of their style.
I don't like that it took Spiffeh questioning you for you to input your own independent thoughts into the game.

My Other Head Is Scum's string of posting in page 3 rings very town to me. He sort of casually plops himself into the game, this gives me town leans because scum tends to play more cautious to not reveal themselves. When you play casually you open yourself to more attacks as you can miss a lot of things. Regardless, after a few posts My Other Head Is Scum begins to post his reads and how he feels about the game. I find this read to come from town. He's frustrated that he can't read someone and that frustration is giving me town leans. and are giving more reads and I'm liking them. It tells us how he's feeling about the players at this stage of the game and it's somewhere he will start the game from and work the game out from there.
In post 64, Jin and Mugen wrote:I'm pretty sharply in disagreement with you on Soren. I've seen him as Town twice, both times as mislynch bait, and he had a really different attitude. He was kinda light & fluffy, and not always on point, but it was a cheerful, relaxed attitude. I won't go so far to say that he didn't care what anyone thought of him, but here...it's like he's checking off a list consciously.

I also find his disappearance aggravating. I don't see how you can say that he didn't try as scum, and consider his play to be better than that.

In other words, his play is too 'try-hardish' in the same sense Elbirn was in Midnight Sun #1. He's doing stuff that looks 'Town', in the sense that people tend to Townread that sort of thing, (as a resident try but is not what I'm used to expecting from him. So far, he's picking apart play for being 'weird' rather than analyzing it. Hence the scumread. Both heads are agreement as of the last time I chatted with LQ. (No, he hasn't explained exactly what his first post was about. Our thread looks a bit like the neighborhood thread I was sharing with Molla.)
I can understand where you're coming from with your meta read on me. But that was months ago, like 5 months even? Fire and Vedith has been in recent games with me. I took a break from mafia somewhere around july-mid september, I didn't like the ways I approached the game and not giving the games my attention. So I came back playing different now, I've decided to stop posting fluff and stay on topic. Fire and Vedith's meta read on me are more recent and therefore more reliable.
In post 69, Jin and Mugen wrote:Curious what the point of bringing up whether or not you were being wagoned was?
Because it felt like you were commenting that the wagon on me was good when there wasn't a wagon on me.
In post 69, Jin and Mugen wrote:Because it's a bit of an unrealistic take on the situation. Titus does have instances where she gets too wrapped up in a theory, and she seems to dislike bad play a fair bit, so I'm less confident on this read at the moment. Hence why my vote is on you now.
I disagree that it's an unrealistic take on the situation. I think it demonstrates a realistic scenario. Mostly because I have seen fast RVS votes, but never a turbo lynch on day 1. And when people are fast RVS voted to L-1, there's almost always someone who points it out and town jumps of the speed lynch and begins to evaluate the game more deeply. But I do agree on the titus read there.
In post 69, Jin and Mugen wrote:Really, it's not what Soren's saying that's pinging me, (He's technically right, actually.) it's the fact that a player I know to be a bit on the relaxed, fluffy side is suddenly playing 'by the book', so to speak. The most likely explanation that comes to mind is that he wants the Towncred that comes with that playstyle. Basically, I'm after Soren based on tone & timing.
This isn't the 'be-all, end-all' case to prove Soren's scum, but he's managing to ping me on a number of points, and I'm happy with where my vote is at present. I certainly want to see him get in here and play with us.
You noticing these things about me is giving me town vibes. You have a good memory of our previous games and how I've played and you're looking at my play in this game and comparing to how I had played before, and it's different, and I like that you noticed that and are following up on it. Mainly because what you are focusing on is rather small, it's based on tone and timing instead of finding a certain thing that I'm doing to be particularly scummy. And you noticing that is telling me that you have a keen eye, you're looking at the game closely, you want to solve the game and you're starting with trying to solve me.
In post 69, Jin and Mugen wrote:Also, I'm meh on how he's phrasing his stand here, in that he's avoiding disagreeing with the Iron Giant.
Well I don't 100% disagree with it. Rather I'm toning down his opinion on it.

So far my town leans are on Jin and Mugen, Spiffeh and My Other Head Is Scum. Rest are mostly null. And I'm keeping my vote on Suzune because of what I've said in this post. I need to see more from her before I decide to remove my vote. Right now I don't see where she is standing in the game.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:58 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

"I can still hear how the trees creaked and moaned as we fastened ropes to them."

"It seemed fitting to do it by cemetary."

"We had this little plot of land tucked away in the woods for graves that was peaceful once."

"Yeah despite the earlier desecration of those graves the place felt umm, right, sanctified I guess, even so."

Delenn (1) - My Other Head Is Scum
Suzune
(2)
- Soren, Spiffeh
Soren (1) - Jin and Mugen
My Other Head Is Scum (1) - Delenn
Spiffeh (1) - Suzune
My Milked Eek (1) - Iron Giant

Not Voting: Edgar Allan Pro, My Milked Eek

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2015-11-13 10:09:02)
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Suzune »

In post 58, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:
In post 56, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:Why are all of Suzunes posts so neutral I can never get a sense of tone or purpose out of them.

See this is the problem when you aren't native english speaker. You learn english in a bland sense and don't pick up some nuances so you dont have a tone to your word choices and such.

>.>

It annoys me!

Suzune is just hard to read period.
LOTH II is a good example of that for me.
you guys act like I do it on purpose to bother you...I'm sorry. I'm trying.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:16 am

Post by Suzune »

I need a computer to add comments to some of everyone's longer posts because it is hard to chop them up on my phone. I need an hour then.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:45 am

Post by Suzune »

In post 74, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:I am trying to avoid getting lynched Day 1.
Cause you know, me and Vedith tend to look scummy.
Hence the name.

Also, he is still the scum head guys. If you have to lynch one of us, please post that you are lynching his head, not mine.

Usually it is the playfulness that spikes me as kind of odd and one of the leading reasons I sometimes think you are too scummy to be scum. However, this tougher more analytical posting that you have been doing coming off as almost jarring in comparison. I do not think that it is Vedith influence either.

In post 76, Soren wrote:My fluffy days are over.

Since when?

In post 76, Soren wrote:I don't know, I feel like to have the right to make a comment like that, you yourself will have to have instigated at least some discussion. I acknowledge that there hasn't been much in the game to comment, but I've been able to pick some things out that I wanted to understand further, and I'm sure there are things for you to pick out too. How do you feel about Iron Giant's obv town read in his 11?
Well considering I do not read it is as an obvious town read, I guess I do not understand what there is to see. The pictures suggest to me that the post is made by Shiro. However, I do not sense ant particularly town feeling from it. Perhaps I am missing something?

Going forward I tend to like Jin and Mugen. I get a good town feeling from them. Given who it is that makes sense to me too. They are tough more analytical people who have strong town games. However, this looks to me like LQ's game.

Given that Delenn is Titus and Kling I am surprised there is not more from them, at least about game theory or what the town should do to win. I would love to see how more posts from that person.

Soren strikes me as kind of odd. While I associate a lot of posting with his town game, he seems kind of stiff about it. Although given that Fire and his hydra are being kind of odd to perhaps there is something in the water.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:18 am

Post by My Other Head Is Scum »

In post 80, Suzune wrote:Usually it is the playfulness that spikes me as kind of odd and one of the leading reasons I sometimes think you are too scummy to be scum. However, this tougher more analytical posting that you have been doing coming off as almost jarring in comparison. I do not think that it is Vedith influence either.

Thanks, I'll take that as you not thinking of me as scum. :cool:

-Vedith
Hydra of Firebringer and Vedith
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:20 am

In post 80, Suzune wrote:Given that Delenn is Titus and Kling I am surprised there is not more from them, at least about game theory or what the town should do to win. I would love to see how more posts from that person.

I agree with this. All I re call them doing is getting defensive over me question Edgar.

-Vedith
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:22 am

Well I like Soren for town as it stands, lets just get that out there.

Who is My Milked Eek? Mod prod?

-Vedith
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

In post 73, Iron Giant wrote:My god J&M are so town it is hurting me.

Fire what is up with the lack of antics.

Vote:MME

^Needs to participat

His antics have been there, just not quite as prevalent.

MME def needs to do something. So does Soren, and fast like, cuz if they're not here soon I will think they are scumming it up in a PT somewhere.

I totally agree with Jin on this.

And you can get townie points for saying we are uber town already.

~Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:33 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

It seems a page has escaped me. I will read what soren says there and see if its enough to re-evaluate.

~Mugen
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:38 am

Post by Suzune »

Seeing everyone with their hydra makes me kind of sad...wish my partner could have played.

In post 81, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:Thanks, I'll take that as you not thinking of me as scum.

-Vedith
You are suspicious, but feel less scummy then usual.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Prodding Edgar Allan Pro and My Milked Eek
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

It's weird to realize that this topic registers as being 'read' without me reading it.

~Jin
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:55 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

In post 76, Soren wrote:
In post 33, Jin and Mugen wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 26, Soren wrote:
In post 18, Jin and Mugen wrote:Soren wagon is good.

~Jin.
You didn't answer my question.
And here you're saying the wagon on me is good when there is only one vote on me?
In post 19, Jin and Mugen wrote:That's a serious post, FYI.

He's stiff.
Stiff meaning what exactly?
In post 20, Jin and Mugen wrote:

There's a difference between fast RVS and accidently turbo lynching and cutting off info.

Really meh on this too.
Another post from you expressing your attitude toward things but not explaining your attitude towards it. I agree with the post because the distinction she brought up is good. So I'm curious to hear what you find meh about it.
In post 23, Iron Giant wrote:@post 17 soren:

He's obvtown for showing concern that we'd derp and quicklynch without realizing how low the threshold to lynch is. Scum wouldn't give a shit because it'd be beneficial...unless delen is scum with him.

It's ~something~
You're right to say that scum wouldn't care much because it's beneficial. But isn't that a naive way to approach how scum would play? Surely a good scum player would say what Edgar said to gain town cred, like what you gave to him. I get what you're saying, but to go as extreme to call it obvtown, I find concerning, I wold only go so far as to say that it gives me town leans.
In post 24, Iron Giant wrote:Also it wasnt...really a contradiction and he didn't back off the wagon, he was never on it.

I stopped being a contradiction once he qualified that the scenario was different: can't have fast rvs wagons when you're playing a micro.
I suppose there is some truth to what you are saying, I guess our opinion on this just differs slightly.

This entire post is way too defensive and not enough gamesolvey.

~Mugen
To solve the game, one must first take a step into the game. That is me taking a step into the game.

K, but it looks like you're just dipping your toe in the water in that post while trying to look like you are doing a lot more than you really are.

In post 76, Soren wrote:
In post 17, Soren wrote:

Did not like that confirm and then magically showing up as soon as the threads open.
What confirm?

So, like, I'm waiting days and days for this game to start and you do nothing to make that happen. It was a suspicion that you were chatting it up in the Scum PT.
Okay I get what you're saying now. I did not even know that we had to confirm for the game. My role PM didn't tell me that I had to confirm my role. Nor did my role PM contain the game thread and I wasn't bothered to go look for the game thread on my own. And now I just checked the OP and second post of the game thread and low and behold it tells me to confirm my role in the second post. I did not see this prior to the game start because 1, my role pm didn't mention anything about confirming and 2, my role pm didn't contain a link to the game thread, therefore I didn't see that I had confirm my role. I was confused that I didn't had to confirm my role like I have to do in other games, I too lazy to ask the mod and just assumed that I'll get notified once the game started, which I did. I too was waiting and wondering when the game would start.

Right. And it can't be proven one way or another except if I ask you this following question and you give a shit answer.

How many games have you played where you don't have to confirm? What kind of games are they typically? Why exactly did you feel no compulsion to check to see if you needed to confirm or not? Why didn't you read the OP in this very experimental setup? Its things like this that really make me go "Huh????"
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

~Mugen.
Delenn
Delenn
Goon
Delenn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Post by Delenn »

In post 82, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:
In post 80, Suzune wrote:Given that Delenn is Titus and Kling I am surprised there is not more from them, at least about game theory or what the town should do to win. I would love to see how more posts from that person.

I agree with this. All I re call them doing is getting defensive over me question Edgar.

-Vedith

Klingon here. Sorry for not being around, crazy busy weekend.

Anyway, briefly, Titus sees Jin and Mugen as Town, I'm more nullish.

We're only 4 pages in, so I can't expect much, but I'm a bit worried about Suzune... There's the slightest pinging sound when I read her posts.

I don't remember getting defensive, that must have been the Titus head. Funny that Edgar isn't around after only 1 post...
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:38 pm

Post by Jin and Mugen »

In post 91, Delenn wrote:

-Vedith

We're only 4 pages in, so I can't expect much, but I'm a bit worried about Suzune... There's the slightest pinging sound when I read her posts.

I don't remember getting defensive, that must have been the Titus head. Funny that Edgar isn't around after only 1 post...

That's a very non-committal read on Suzune. But it looks like a few people are not liking Suzune this game so maybe that should be explored a bit.

Suzune, I'd like your read on Soren please.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:38 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

Heya, Vyse here. I'm having issues with my laptop, but I think it's okay for now. I'm just going to get out a couple questions before I hit the sack.

@Delenn - I'm curious why Titus is Townreading us? Is LQ's play or my own that she likes? Or is it both of us? Also, thoughts on Soren would be nice.

@Soren - Can you link me to some of these recent games? Preferably a Town & a Scum game if possible. I'm probably just going to skim over your ISO, but it'd be nice to get a feel for your playstyle & thought process for comparison.

Also, maybe you can start giving an overview of your thoughts, please? I'd rather see you entering the water from that point right now.

@Suzune - Hey, remember in Midnight Sun #1, when you were talking about your head being a bit of a battleground, and the like? I'd kinda like your first, unsorted impressions if you don't mind, please. The closer it is to explaining what you're feeling & thinking without being quite so distant, the better. (I'm probably going to insist actually, since it's probably the ground I feel most comfortable trying to read you on, and I really don't want to leave you on the Null backburner after MS #1.)

~Jin.
Jin and Mugen
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Jin and Mugen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:43 am

Post by Jin and Mugen »

Iron Giant, can I get an overview from you as well? You gave out a couple easy Townreads & disappeared, and I'd rather like to keep reading you at this stage.

@Other Head - I'd really like you to flesh out your opinions on my opinions, if you would please. :P

I'm not inclined to let this go with you brushing it off as meta. At the very least, I want you to explain just what that meta means to you, please.

Anyway, I'm tired, and ready to crash, so night all.

~Jin.
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:59 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

In post 83, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:Who is My Milked Eek?

Hi!
Eek
!
My Milked Eek
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
My Milked Eek
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:59 am

Post by My Milked Eek »

Vote: Delenn

Most scummy one(s ?) in this game.

They are too jumpy:

The exaggeration is what bothers me. "turbo lynching" and "cutting off info". Nobody was close to lynching them (they were at 2 votes). This is just too jumpy in my eyes. RVS wagons happen and Titus knows this.

I see a few things wrong with this post.
First of, the reads klingon provides are vague (Suzunne) or obvious (J&M).
Secondly, he leaves the vote on MOIS. Sure, he could just leave it, but I expect a bit more at this point from them than leaving the jumpy reaction vote without even mentioning it.
Thirdly, hiding behind a different head. "Not remembering things" even though they're written down and are easily accessible by clicking "ISO". I don't expect Klingon to defend what Titus did (although in a hydra that is somewhat expected to a certain degree imo), but "not remembering" sounds like trying to sweep it under the rug (for the lack of a better English expression).
And as final remark, I can't describe how odd that Edgar remark is. It's the use of the ellipsis and the random mention of Edgar at the end of your post that gives the feeling of you egging on Edgar without committing to it. Also casually tacking it on feels tacky.

I also have a bad feeling about Edgar. But I'm not sure if it has to do with Delenn's posts so far and Edgar's first post being somewhat related. I need more content from Edgar. But as of yet, I can see them being scum together.
Eek
!
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:52 am

Post by Soren »

In post 80, Suzune wrote:
In post 76, Soren wrote:My fluffy days are over.

Since when?
Since I started to come back to play on mafiascum around mid september.
In post 80, Suzune wrote:Well considering I do not read it is as an obvious town read, I guess I do not understand what there is to see. The pictures suggest to me that the post is made by Shiro. However, I do not sense ant particularly town feeling from it. Perhaps I am missing something?
It seems you do not have much strong feelings about it hmmmm.
In post 80, Suzune wrote:Going forward I tend to like Jin and Mugen. I get a good town feeling from them. Given who it is that makes sense to me too. They are tough more analytical people who have strong town games. However, this looks to me like LQ's game.
I would like a bit more elaboration. Here you pick two things to town read from, their analytical nature, and your meta read on LQ. What analytical posts from them do you think comes from town!JinandMugen and not scum!JinandMugen? And can you explain you meta read on LQ a bit more please.
I agree with the part about not seeing more from them. Do you think this lack of posting is indicative of scum?
In post 80, Suzune wrote:Soren strikes me as kind of odd. While I associate a lot of posting with his town game, he seems kind of stiff about it. Although given that Fire and his hydra are being kind of odd to perhaps there is something in the water.
What are you finding stiff about me?

You have a few reads, but you don't really go into much detail and give a general comment about it. I want to make sure that your reads are genuine and not making reads for the sake of making reads.
In post 89, Jin and Mugen wrote:
In post 76, Soren wrote:
In post 17, Soren wrote:

What confirm?

Right. And it can't be proven one way or another except if I ask you this following question and you give a shit answer.

How many games have you played where you don't have to confirm? What kind of games are they typically? Why exactly did you feel no compulsion to check to see if you needed to confirm or not? Why didn't you read the OP in this very experimental setup? Its things like this that really make me go "Huh????"
There has been no games that I have played on mafiascum where it didn't require me to confirm.
Well, out of all my games, in my role pm the mod would include the game thread link and would also tell me to confirm by replying or confirm in thread. This had no mention of it at all. Perhaps I should have messaged the mod and check, but I wasn't too bothered or worried about it.
And I mostly skimmed the OP when the mod told me the game had started and linked me the thread.

-Vedith

I'd like to see more elaboration on the JinandMugen and suzune read.
In post 93, Jin and Mugen wrote:@Soren - Can you link me to some of these recent games? Preferably a Town & a Scum game if possible. I'm probably just going to skim over your ISO, but it'd be nice to get a feel for your playstyle & thought process for comparison.

Also, maybe you can start giving an overview of your thoughts, please? I'd rather see you entering the water from that point right now.

Here's a list of the recent games since I came back to playing from my break. Looking back at them, there's quite a few scum games.

Scum games:
Micro 524
Micro 525
Micro 533

Town Games:
Micro 529
Micro 536 | PS. this one is not worth checking because it reached endgame after 1 post.

Did the last part of my not give you an overview of my thoughts?

I quite like My Milked Eek's vote in his , he shows us what he's thinking and why he finds it scummy.
However, I would like to see some other reads too please.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:12 am

In post 91, Delenn wrote:I don't remember getting defensive, that must have been the Titus head. Funny that Edgar isn't around after only 1 post...

Yeah it was Titus... I think she automatically thinks any scum comment or hint I make is at her. :P
Good point... The post wasn't great and nothing since. Varsoon normally this quiet? I haven't seen it so far and he has always been town for me.

-Vedith
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:22 am

In post 94, Jin and Mugen wrote:@Other Head - I'd really like you to flesh out your opinions on my opinions, if you would please.

Well, you have Soren as more scummy than not due to his activeness?
I have him as more town. I've never seen him active in my games or any I've watched. However, he's already produced more than when I was scum with him before :P

Apart from that, I don't find Suzune suspicious... I'm not sure if FB does I'll ask him later.

Iron Giant - I haven't seen anything I really like as of yet. For Shiro and Elbirn, 6 posts are very little. Calls Edgar town for his non beneficial post. Anyone town reading this slot already should give full explanation.

-Vedith

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”