Blitz 11: Pick Your Power X/Y (Game over!)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:18 am

Post by Ümläüt »

Good game scum, that was very close and I was pretty surprised the town pulled off a win.

And thanks for the mod, Rob, I'll join one of your games anytime.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:25 am

Post by Hinduragi »

I have university responsibilities too. Yet I still manage to follow the clock. Because not modding properly (delayed flips etc) would get me into trouble.
Rob I am so sorry.

Good job, remaining town. I don't think anyone except the above was blacklist worthy but some play was cringe worthy to start the game off. Then again, certain people just needed to suddenly fall ill with a case of dead in this game so I understand why it happened.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:29 am

Post by pisskop »

Scum played a great game overall. Many town did, and mod was on point. I do apologize for my blunt dickishness. a lot of personal stress rn.

*cough* scummy nom: most dichotic character
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:56 am

Post by davesaz »

was written before looking into scum thread.
Ugly, that was. Looks like active coaching had a big impact on making someone look better in the main thread.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Not only that but the criticism for activity was definitely unneeded. That was shameless.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:39 am

Post by davesaz »

Totally agree.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:30 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

@ika - Thanks for trusting my read this game :)
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:35 am

Post by Rob14 »

There was more that went on in PMs, which I will not share. To her credit, Jeanne did later apologize.

As for ika, I highly doubt you'll be surprised that your play style of quick hammering is divisive. Personally, I consider it to be an intentional act depriving town of information bordering on playing against wincon.

Possibly my largest problem with the blitz format is that people don't treat it like a regular game. It's not "just blitz" and you should still be invested in the game. I struggle with the decision of whether to run closed setups as blitz because of this. A closed setup takes a lot of effort to design and balance. I don't really want to throw it away if people don't give blitz their all.

Thanks for the kind words regarding my modding, but I thought I was complete shit this game.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:38 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

You were fine Rob. The main reason I wasn't trying as hard was because I was involved in my senior project (a project that determines a hug chunk of our grad). After I finished that, I tried harder and cleaned up the game.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:46 am

Post by Rob14 »

That wasn't targeted at anyone in particular and definitely not you, 3dice. Just a general trend over the two blitzes I've modded and the ones I've skimmed. I've seen a lot of people throw out comments supporting quicklynches in RVS or barely outside it, even without claims in one instance, with the rationale of BLITZ LOL!!!
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:58 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

I've been drunk hammered in a mini theme game before. I know it's not fun, so I prefer not to do it, but if it happens, there is not much you can do about it. (considering the person who hammered is usually town)
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:14 am

Post by ika »

In post 1082, Rob14 wrote:As for ika, I highly doubt you'll be surprised that your play style of quick hammering is divisive. Personally, I consider it to be an intentional act depriving town of information bordering on playing against wincon.

So if the game was to be ran on a 24 hr cycle and i said we need a lynch 12 hrs in would that be against wincon? My homesite uses the 24-48 hr cycle so this is normal for me. Again, i treat this like most games i play where i am done with it in a short timeframe. I mean disagreeing with ending day early is fine. But i do think outright blacklist (from modding) is a little far. If you, as a player had a problem then i could understand but as a mod i dont exactly get it.

Possibly my largest problem with the blitz format is that people don't treat it like a regular game. It's not "just blitz" and you should still be invested in the game.

I think your mindset of how you view it is diffrent form other. For me i did treat this more reguraly then normal, i already admitted i did some bad plays and stuff. But its gonna take time for others to adapt to the timeframe because people still run on the old "well i got 3 weeks"

I struggle with the decision of whether to run closed setups as blitz because of this. A closed setup takes a lot of effort to design and balance. I don't really want to throw it away if people don't give blitz their all.

The thing with blitz is that people (and this is entirly opinion so feel free to disregard/disagree) is that again, people still run on the "i got (insert long timeframe here) week/days" timeframe. where here not everyone can exaclty process it all that quickly. There are other (me being one) who can do it and dedicate enough time to it. If you want people to give it their all you need to find the people who have that mindset. Closed can be fun but untill this becomes a regular thing, you should try some simple closed setups
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:33 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Blitz will never have the caliber of players the game of mafia deserves, and will consistently attract EM-type players. No, not all of them are like that, but the majority are, if the Blitz games I've played are any indication. It is not a game-type I'll be playing again. Taking a game seriously and having fun are not mutually exclusive ideas, and I don't have fun when people deliberately and intentionally throw their games because "lolblitz".

TN was a cool partner and several town players did well. I probably should have opted out of this one when the pre-ins were announced, but since Rob helped me out by replacing into my game, I stuck it through. I think if I'd had more time to devote to the game we might have been able to do better. Jeanne certainly needs a lot of work in terms of understanding how games are played here and what is and isn't scummy. A lot of better ideas/options only occurred to me after that fact. I don't begrudge town their win at all.

There are several players I'd like to advise on being better communicators and learning how to interact with people without being assholes, but I'm pretty sure all that falls on deaf ears, and I think I'm done with playing mafia for a while anyway. It's not fun anymore and a lot of the players I seem to run into are just dicks. Not worth the head ache.

Congrats town.
Art is cool.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:38 am

Post by pisskop »

mmhm.

Why wouldn't you give it a shot and try explaining it to them instead of adding to the atmosphere you percieve as flawed?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:40 am

Because my experience has taught me that nobody cares what I think about how they play and they will play the way they want to regardless of my comments.
Art is cool.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:42 am

Post by ika »

In post 1088, pisskop wrote:mmhm.

Why wouldn't you give it a shot and try explaining it to them instead of adding to the atmosphere you percieve as flawed?

^that very much. Your already residing to "its hopeless" and your not even saying who you could say imporve so how are those said people in question suppose to imporve?

I dont play EM cus that is really not even mafia to begin with IMO so when you default ti to "its all EM players" its kinda insulting you think that
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:46 am

Post by pisskop »

:(
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:47 am

Post by pisskop »

Well I hope you come back to these. I like them because of how quickly they end, so I don't need to wait 13 days for a 14 day-phase game to conclude.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:48 am

Post by pisskop »

I also dont knw what EM is.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:48 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 1082, Rob14 wrote:There was more that went on in PMs, which I will not share. To her credit, Jeanne did later apologize.

As for ika, I highly doubt you'll be surprised that your play style of quick hammering is divisive. Personally, I consider it to be an intentional act depriving town of information bordering on playing against wincon.

Possibly my largest problem with the blitz format is that people don't treat it like a regular game. It's not "just blitz" and you should still be invested in the game. I struggle with the decision of whether to run closed setups as blitz because of this. A closed setup takes a lot of effort to design and balance. I don't really want to throw it away if people don't give blitz their all.

Thanks for the kind words regarding my modding, but I thought I was complete shit this game.

this frustrates me a lot too. I love the short deadlines, because theoretically it allows for a faster paced, more fun game. The issue is that right now there are players in
every
blitz game and they can't keep up. It sucks. I really think its a fantastic idea, and some of mine have been great! The issue is it so drastically relies on player attitude, and the "its just blitz" thing KILLED me as a player. Thats why I freaked so hard on 3dice (love you,btw)

etl you played fantastic. I hope I wasn't one of the ones to sway you from this sort of game.
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:49 am

Post by hiplop »

Piss, I was very, very upset with you. You tried to lynch me
when I was dead
. You're a decent player, but please never make actual content posts without reading the game. This game has made me have a sour taste in my mouth for other games with you; how can I know if you've actually read or are literally making it up on the spot like this game?
third best scummer of all time
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:51 am

Post by ika »

In post 1093, pisskop wrote:I also dont knw what EM is.

epic mafia
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:59 am

Ika I've already tried to have a conversation with you specifically and it ended with you saying "idgaf", so...
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:00 am

Not at all. I enjoy playing with you and I've found that you try to do your best. That's admirable and the kind of player I look for when deciding what games to play.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:02 am

I don't know why it didn't quote what I wanted, but this:
EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Not at all. I enjoy playing with you and I've found that you try to do your best. That's admirable and the kind of player I look for when deciding what games to play.

was in response to this:
In post 1094, hiplop wrote:etl you played fantastic. I hope I wasn't one of the ones to sway you from this sort of game.

Anyway I don't have anything more to say, other than
Rob did an excellent job, as always.
I found nothing lacking in his modding besides forgetting to unlock the thread, but since it was at like 3 am, I imagine it went something like - alarm goes off to remind Rob to open thread, he does the things, half asleep while squinting at the brightness of his phone, then goes right back to bed because he has class in the morning. :P
Art is cool.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”