Blitz 13 - Bad Omens (Judgment)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Blitz 13 - Bad Omens (Judgment)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by Ether »

It took lots and lots of violence, but Carabia's curse has been lifted.

Alive:
2/9
4. OceanWind, vanilla townie, survived
8. hi im Yakko, vanilla townie, survived

Dead:
7/9
9. LucianRoy,
werewolf
, lynched Day 1
7. MattP, vanilla townie, killed Night 1
1. Usted, vanilla townie, lynched Day 2
6. pisskop, vanilla townie, killed Night 2
2. Titus
(replaces Ranger)
Chosen One
, lynched Day 3
5. Anxiety Attack
(ika + SilverWolf hydra)
Chosen One
, killed Night 3
3. Wisdom,
werewolf
, lynched Day 4
Last edited by Ether on Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 10 times in total.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by Ether »

• Game Flow:

• This is a blitz game, and we're expecting you to be active!
    If you ever fail to post in a 24-hour block, I'm just going to start looking for a replacement.
    If you come back before I can find one, then I'll let it slide--once. Don't let it come to that.
  • Day 1 will last a maximum of 72 hours; future days are under 48. Every day must end in a lynch. If there isn't a full majority at deadline, the player with the most votes is lynched. In case of a tie, I'll go through the thread backwards until there isn't a tie.
  • You know, I have no idea who decided you can't no lynch in Chosen. I invented the setup and I never said that. Oh well. It's on the wiki, so it must be true.

• Votes should be posted in the format
    vote: Anarchy
    or VOTE: Anarchy. I expect them to be entirely bold, but don't try to exploit this to trick someone. I will register misspellings and nicknames if I can figure out who you're referring to. You do not have to
    unvote
    , but you're welcome to do so anyway.
  • When a player has the majority of the votes at a single point, it is dead and the game goes to twilight. Feel free to post in twilight.
  • Night deadlines are 24 hours. If everyone asks me to go to day sooner, I can bump that up.

What is and isn't allowed:

• Please don't be a giant raging asshole. I'm asking you nicely here.
  • Unless otherwise specified, living players can't communicate with each other out of the thread. Scum have a private topic, but they're restricted to speaking at night. They're free to talk outside of it, if they have a method they prefer. Transcripts from that are appreciated, but if you're Skyping or something, don't worry about taping every single thing you say. I trust you.
  • You
    may
    rant to both dead players and nonplaying friends, although you're encouraged to first make sure that said friends aren't interested in replacing in with you. (I am of course available, sympathetic and discreet. Feel free to AIM me at CaffieneDeity, or Skype me at unvote.) Regardless of where you found them, rantbuddies may not reveal their own opinions on the game, and nothing about your discussion should surface publicly before the game is over.
  • "Dead" means "dead." Don't contact the guy who hammered you to tell him what a scumbag he is, and definitely don't keep making game-relevant posts. Just lie there...and think dead thoughts.
  • Don't quote or reference the wording of any private messages anyone sends you about this game. No timestamps. Nothing.
  • Do not try to encourage others to break the above rule. Don't push me.
  • The ooc font and
    tags are my domain. Don't use them. Don't pretend to use them.
  • The smallest font size you can use is
    size 55
    . Don't use a font color with the intent of making it more difficult to see, either.

What to expect from me:

• Players can request prods for anyone who hasn't posted in 12 hours. I'll send you them automatically after 18, but you can request that I stop, or that I bump this up to 12 or 20 hours or some other number you'd prefer instead. As noted above, missing a full 24 hour block is grounds for replacement--even if I'm late at prodding you.
  • I'll pester the scumteam if it looks like it's going to miss its kill.
  • I reserve the right
    not
    to replace people on request, or to delay their replacements until the end of the phase. This will be handled subjectively.
  • I'm one of those "spirit-of-the-game"-type hippies. This ruleset is a guideline. I reserve the right to change it at will, and even in extreme circumstances enforce it retroactively. If a strategy feels shady to you, you might want to take it up with me first.

Miscellaneous:

• Play to win, but do try to have fun while you're at it.

This game uses the Chosen setup. All town-aligned players will receive the same role PM, but two of them will secretly be targets for the scumteam, called the Chosen Ones.

Chosen Ones cannot be nightkilled while both of them are still alive, and if the two of them are the only living town-aligned players, then the town wins. The mafia needs at least one of them lynched before that point.

7 players (including the Chosen Ones) received:
Welcome to much-more-auspiciously named Blitz 14! There is no game thread yet. I can't make one. But when I can make one, you'll be among the first to know!

You are a
vanilla townie
...or are you? It's possible that you're a Chosen One instead.

You win when both mafia are dead. You also win if the two Chosen Ones (together) are the last living town-aligned players.

Please confirm by PM! While you're at it, let me know if you'd like start-of-day notifications.

2 players received:
Welcome to much-more-auspiciously named Blitz 14! There is no game thread yet. I can't make one. But when I can make one, you'll be among the first to know!

You are a
werewolf
with
[...]
. Your PT is
here

There are two Chosen Ones in this game, but I haven't rolled them yet. Please get in touch and send me one town player to veto, and then I'll send you another PM to let me know who you're up against. Chosen Ones cannot be nightkilled while both are still alive, and you'll need at least one lynched to win.

You win when your mafia outnumbers the living town players, if at least one Chosen is dead.

Please confirm by PM! While you're at it, let me know if you'd like start-of-day notifications.

You might notice that the scum role PM is inconsistent on whether they're a mafia gang or a werewolf pack, and the town role PM clearly refers to them as a mafia! You might notice this. I didn't until they were already out.
Last edited by Ether on Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Ether »

All roles were sent out earlier today. Please confirm if you haven't already!

Scum have to make a veto decision before the game. This will not bump up the time that the game starts, but if they do it quickly, I'll give them their hit list sooner and they'll have a chance to plan around it. (This might or might not have already happened.)

Please note the activity rules.

Day 1 begins in (expired on 2015-12-13 14:00:00), on Sunday, December 13 at 2:00 pm EST.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Ether »

It's been thirteen years since the demon Carabia walked into the chapel and sang the song that broke every mirror.

It's been thirteen months since every new kitten started being born black. It doesn't matter what breeds their parents were. Even the wild bobcats are black now. They move with a purpose, watching, following, listening. They look hungry all the time.

It was thirteen weeks ago that people started hearing...sounds. Snarls and screeches and hissing; sometimes just singing birds. Some of you have told me that you're starting to understand what it all means. Others haven't told me. There's still time to confess to this, to tell me what it is that you're fighting. I need as much information as I can get.

Thirteen nights ago, the howling started.

I've covered your homes in holy seals, woven talismans of protection and purity and perseverance, sent you to bathe in sacred rivers. I'm doing everything I can, you have to believe me.

And I think...I think this is what some of you want. Some of you heard the demon's call, and called back. I think you must have. A town with true faith would never be judged this way. Some of you have stood pure, but...that isn't enough, I think, not while you're surrounded by all this corruption. If that were enough, this would already be over.

It that were enough, my only son wouldn't have had his throat ripped out thirteen hours ago.

We have to end this, we have to cast out those who would be tempted to do this, even if it kills us. They would do that anyway, they
will
if we can't stop them. This is no choice at all.

It is now Day 1. The deadline is in (expired on 2015-12-16 14:00:00), on Wednesday, December 16 at 2:00 pm EST. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

One player hasn't confirmed. I'll begin looking for a replacement after 4:00 am EST on Monday, December 14.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Wisdom »

First!

VOTE: Anxiety
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:07 am

Post by pisskop »

vote: wisdom
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Anxiety Attack
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Anxiety Attack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:10 am

Post by Anxiety Attack »

VOTE: OceanWind

Yeah, I got my eye on you this time. You will not fool me again mister.

~SW
Hydra of ika and SilverWolf
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:10 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

VOTE: wisdom
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:13 am

Post by Usted »

VOTE: pisskop

You jelly of his first. 100%scum tell yo.

First game here, don't hold back :D
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:13 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 1, Ether wrote:Unless otherwise specified, living players can't communicate with each other out of the thread. Scum have a private topic, but they're restricted to speaking at night. They're free to talk outside of it, if they have a method they prefer. Transcripts from that are appreciated, but if you're Skyping or something, don't worry about taping every single thing you say. I trust you.

Why does this sound like 'mediator'?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:13 am

Post by LucianRoy »

VOTE: Anxiety

What's with the salt for Ocean?

Oh wait...
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:39 am

Post by MattP »

VOTE: Wisdom
SlappyKrust
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Usted »

Note to self: don't post first. L-2 you better starting defending yourself!!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:45 am

Post by Wisdom »

Defend myself from what exactly?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:46 am

Post by pisskop »

Your scum buddies throwing you under
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:47 am

Post by pisskop »

ITT we all nacho now.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Usted »

In post 13, Wisdom wrote:Defend myself from what exactly?

Guess L-2 here ain't no thang. ~jokes~
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Wisdom »

Even if I was at L-1, what do you imagine I would defend myself with against four naked votes? "Sorry I posted first and angered you"?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:05 am

Post by MattP »

In post 17, Wisdom wrote:Even if I was at L-1, what do you imagine I would defend myself with against four naked votes? "Sorry I posted first and angered you"?

That would be a good start ya
SlappyKrust
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Usted »

In post 17, Wisdom wrote:Even if I was at L-1, what do you imagine I would defend myself with against four naked votes? "Sorry I posted first and angered you"?

You answered your own question -1 point.

Note: The points aren't necessarily indicative of alignment.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:22 am

Post by Wisdom »

I was actually being sarcastic.
Usted
Usted
Goon
Usted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:26 am

Post by Usted »

In post 14, pisskop wrote:Your scum buddies throwing you under

Scum buddies? How could he be buddies with multiple scum in a game with only 2 scum?

-1 point
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:26 am

Post by MattP »

Oh god please don't do this point thing all game
SlappyKrust
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:27 am

Post by Wisdom »

He was joking too.

Usted, how come you picked a Blitz for your first game?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:27 am

Post by Wisdom »

^he referred to pisskop

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”