Newbie 1773 - Roosters (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Drixx »

Vote Count 4.1
Vote Count 4.1

TesXX {0} -
Loopdan {1} - Accountant
Accountant {1} - Loopdan

Not Voting (1):
TesXX

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch!

Deadline is Wednesday, March 15th at 9:00PM EST, which is in (expired on 2017-03-15 21:00:00)
Last edited by Drixx on Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by Accountant »

In a way I have to thank you; my decision was somewhat split, and I might have chosen the wrong person if you hadn't confirmed yourself as scum.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:09 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Tes-- What do you need from me?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:52 am

Post by TesXX »

Sorry about not being able to post lately
In post 1188, Loopdan wrote:
Spoiler: All the times Accountant & wood talked to or about each other day1 (and two posts from day2)
In post 27, Accountant wrote:
In post 17, Woodboys2339 wrote:Is there any real reason to do it besides for fun @IC/SE's?
It gets the game going, and it forces people to take stances early on, for instance about TesXX's behavior. That's both something that moves the game along and is good to analyze and re-read in D2 or D3.

It's sub-optimal to No Lynch day 1, because the lynch is the method that town uses to acquire information. Without a lynch Day 1, we have the same information as when we started, only we're a townie down after the mafia kill. You should put your vote on someone!
In post 29, Woodboys2339 wrote:
In post 17, Woodboys2339 wrote:Is there any real reason to do it besides for fun @IC/SE's?
It gets the game going, and it forces people to take stances early on, for instance about TesXX's behavior. That's both something that moves the game along and is good to analyze and re-read in D2 or D3.

It's sub-optimal to No Lynch day 1, because the lynch is the method that town uses to acquire information. Without a lynch Day 1, we have the same information as when we started, only we're a townie down after the mafia kill. You should put your vote on someone!

UNVOTE: No Lynch

Not gonna lynch anyone just yet
In post 32, Woodboys2339 wrote:starting to agree with the tess lynch. If he is so adamant about just clowning around. He won't be much help for the town. there are 3 possible outcomes of this. He 1) is scum and Yay for the town. 2) he's a VT and although it's bad, we didn't lose much or 3) he's a power role and we're terribly screwed for the rest of the game.

While he is a huge SR. I don't really know if the possibility of the 3rd option should derail us off.
In post 33, Accountant wrote:Uhhhh you should vote Tes because you think there is a decent chance he is scum not because you want to play the odds. Also, barring a derphammer, 3) doesn't happen, because PRs usually claim before they die.
In post 34, Woodboys2339 wrote:Idk.. still on the fence rn
In post 35, Accountant wrote:
I thought you said you were starting to agree with the Tes lynch, then you wrote down an analysis of why the Tes lynch was good. That doesn't sound on the fency to me.
In post 36, Woodboys2339 wrote:I'm mainly on the fence because of the chance of a PR. Then again... you did make the point of them claiming. so fine

VOTE: TesXX L-1
In post 188, Accountant wrote:
In post 171, Aj The Epic wrote:Re:Falco vote, mehhhh I kinda wanted to go after Woodboy but not only is there no support there (aka vanity wagon), the reason I want to pursue is also a bit cold.
Reasoning behind you voting woodboy is cold. Falco's reasoning is not cold. Why do you prefer wood to falco?
In post 189, Accountant wrote:
In post 182, Lighthaze1135 wrote:@tesXX, care to claim?
Generally claims happen when there is declared intent to hammer.

Reads list:

[Accountant] - me
[Lighthaze] - obvtown
[gigabyte] - townlean
[TesXX, Loopdan, woodboys, AceQueen] - null
[Aj] - nullscum
[Falco] - scumlean
In post 369, Woodboys2339 wrote:{Light} - fulltown
{TesXX, Accountant} slight town
{grey, giggles, loop} null
{AJ} slight scum
{Falco} fullscum

Not that great at hunting, but those are my reads.
In post 421, Accountant wrote:
In post 344, Woodboys2339 wrote:Also, based on all the reasoning that seems quite reliable from players I deem as very experienced...
Intent To Hammer Falco
This feels bad. I can't put my thumb on why it feels bad; I'll come back to this after I get rid of my sleep deprivation, but this definitely feels pretty scummy.
In post 422, Accountant wrote:
{AJ} slight scum
{Falco} fullscum

This is like one of the safest list of opinions I've ever seen
In post 423, Accountant wrote:Grey I think I'm mindmelding with you let's hold hands and lynch woodboys together?

VOTE: Woodboys
In post 424, Accountant wrote:Oh that's L-1 I think?
In post 425, Accountant wrote:Alright, I'm heading back to sleep before my headache kills me. Sliiightly uncomfortable with the speed of the wood wagon but it's still an amazing wagon. I thought perhaps the most damning part was that Wood's reaction to Grey's analysis felt very irritated, like he's scum who doesn't understand why he's being wagoned and is frustrated that he's getting lynched for the wrong reasons.
In post 707, Accountant wrote:
In post 503, -Grey- wrote:I'll lynch B over A 9 times out of 10.
It honestly depends on the player. Against a super calm player like Magna/Thor I'd expect B more and would probably lynch them if they had response A

But I think the scummiest thing about woods' reaction to his wagon here was the fact that the phrasing of his question seemed very caught for wrong reasons. It was like "can you guys tell me what I did wrong?? My disguise was perfect! Why am I being killed?" more than anything. I'm also unsure why town!woods here only interacts with grey
In post 709, Accountant wrote:
In post 572, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
wood when did you get this scumread

how did it transition

and grey why tf are you supporting this??

what wtf the fuck the fuck??¿??

dont care about woods alignment this is a bad wagon sorry

let's get falco
At the time I read this post, this reaction is more or less exactly mine.
In post 716, Accountant wrote:It's hard for me this game because I was up to a pretty okay start, and then I sort of got consumed with apathy and it's making it difficult for me to play.

My thoughts:

1) Lighthaze: you seem extremely willing to jump back and forth between people and hammer basically anyone. I remember you asking if you could hammer multiple times. Why are you so eager to vote-hop rather than stick to a big scumread and push it?
2) Grey: Talk to me about your thoughts on lighthaze. Your read on him hopped so fast I'm having trouble keeping track.
3) Aj the Epic: There's probably at least one scum in Light/Woods/Falco, and I think the most likely is Woods. But I wanted to ask you why you had no response to people talking about post 427? Because I'd like to hear you talk about it.
In post 722, Woodboys2339 wrote:Nice try on the bait Accountant. Unless you actually thought I was hammered
In post 723, Accountant wrote:
In post 722, Woodboys2339 wrote:Nice try on the bait Accountant. Unless you actually thought I was hammered
???
In post 727, Woodboys2339 wrote:I didn't get hammered. I don't know if you knew that but acted like i did get hammered to get my role out, or if you just genuinly thought I was hammered
In post 745, Accountant wrote:the big issue i have with woods is that every bit of his attitude and mindset in terms of determining how he should act/react in situations seems to stem from a survivalist or caught-scum pov
In post 750, Accountant wrote:If wood flips scum, then Aj's "this wagon is moving too fast" would ping me really hard.
In post 919, Accountant wrote:VOTE: wood

Optimal play here is to let him sit at L-1 and gamesolve/hunt for his partner until deadline. Unfortunately these two days are not good for me in terms of schedules and business, but I'll do my best.
In post 932, Accountant wrote:
In post 929, Loopdan wrote:Caught scum self-hammers frequently. This is a textbook case of caught scum.

Yeah, why didn't Accountant consider that? That might be a great topic of conversation today.
Because I forgot about the possibility. That was my fault, and I admit it.
In post 1190, Loopdan wrote:
Spoiler: All day1 Loopdan & wood interactions, etc.
In post 23, Loopdan wrote:@Wood-- If you get an avatar it will be much easier to follow you.

VOTE: Accountant
{AJ} slight scum
{Falco} fullscum

In post 417, Loopdan wrote:Sorry for my recent low activity. Just got caught up.

VOTE: Wood
Intent to hammer was opportunistic and disavowing responsibility.
His prior read on player he intended to hammer was null (, )
Reads list was risk averse.
Like Grey said there is no game-solving (or even any genuine curiosity about the game-state) evident in wood's game.
In post 635, Loopdan wrote:I'm not convinced that woodboy's push on light makes him town. Even though light is townread by some, he's still low hanging fruit if you consider it's picking a fight with an inexperienced player. And I've been open that I'm not in agreement that light is obvtown.

Falco hasn't done enough at this point for me to have much confidence in a read on that slot. Given the wagon on him, it's probably the right time for Falco to post a full reads list.

I'm disappointed Accountant is a non-factor right now (yes I know the same can be said for me but at least my name has come up on the last five pages). I know we probably can't sort Accountant today, but I'd like more content from them to at least have something to look at day2.
In post 670, Loopdan wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 719, Woodboys2339 wrote:Wait.. That wasn't hammer on me. Loop unvoted me. I am at L-1 now
In post 729, Woodboys2339 wrote:
In post 725, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:hghg

ok with loop deciding

not ok with wood not reacting to the fake hammer :(
Ha! I doubled checked ad remembered loop's decision
In post 739, Woodboys2339 wrote:
In post 736, -Grey- wrote:Voting Falco after you yourself are put at L-1, Woodsy? :lol:

That's not obvious scum at aaaalllllllll :lol:
Yes I know it's not the best move in my situation. I was just simply in a state of shock and I just want to have loop decide between the two of us and not just only have one person at L-1
In post 766, Loopdan wrote:
@mod: requesting VC

If Woodboy is really at L-1, I
intend to hammer.
In post 770, Woodboys2339 wrote:Will respond for loop in a little. At school rn
In post 778, Woodboys2339 wrote:

intend to hammer.
I have a post coming up after school. I would like to ask for you to not hammer that post is out
In post 780, Loopdan wrote:@Wood-- Claim your role now. You can write more details later. I won't hammer until you've had your say but I want a claim ASAP.
In post 781, Woodboys2339 wrote:
In post 780, Loopdan wrote:@Wood-- Claim your role now. You can write more details later. I won't hammer until you've had your say but I want a claim ASAP.
Claim OS BP
In post 788, Loopdan wrote:I don't really have a problem hammering this day1. I'm re-checking his iso just to be sure.
In post 798, Loopdan wrote:OK so on re-read it's even worse. I'm doubtful that comes from a newbie with a PR role pm. There's some "scum caught for wrong reason" in . & is not a townie thought process.

If anybody has a reason why I shouldn't hammer right now, speak up, because my next post will contain a vote for woodboy.
In post 839, Loopdan wrote:Either Falco flips scum or there is scum in wood/AJ.

I was this || close to going back on my word and hammering woodboy in my last post.
In post 855, Woodboys2339 wrote:
In post 850, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:lmaoooo

i usually only go on during fluff classes where the teacher doesnt care or during lunch
F
im a good egg :good:
Now at lunch. But loopdan wanted a claim so I had to. I probably would've been lynched if I wasn't checking
In post 902, Loopdan wrote:
In post 884, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i think the big takeaway (especially if we're right about wood/light) here is that reads suck
If it ends up being woodboy/light I'd say my reads have been pretty darn good.
I haven't found many unique interactions although I will reread. What do you guys think of the interactions?
In post 1202, Loopdan wrote:@Tes-- What do you need from me?
What do you mean by this?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Loopdan »

I mean if you have questions about anything.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:59 am

Post by Loopdan »

Basically you should be looking through the game and deciding who is more likely to be wood's partner.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:37 am

Post by TesXX »

In post 1185, Loopdan wrote:@Accountant-- If you can't see how makes me town then you might just be scum here.
Not necessarily.
I said something similar to
I'm not convinced that woodboy's push on light makes him town. Even though light is townread by some, he's still low hanging fruit if you consider it's picking a fight with an inexperienced player. And I've been open that I'm not in agreement that light is obvtown.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Yes, and you aren't wood's partner either. If you read the end of day 1 you'll see I was gunning for a wood lynch and pushing it even when others jumped off the wagon. I even said I'd hammer wood after he claimed BP, and provided evidence that the BP claim was inconsistent with wood's early posts. While I was doing that Accountant was trying to line up a next day mislynch by saying if wood flipped scum then AJ was his buddy.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:34 am

Post by Loopdan »

Tes, remember that time Accountant set-up woodboy to self-hammer and cut the day short?

Optimal play here is to let him sit at L-1 and gamesolve/hunt for his partner until deadline. Unfortunately these two days are not good for me in terms of schedules and business, but I'll do my best.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:30 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 925, Loopdan wrote:

No. Optimal play is to keep him off L-1 so he can't end the day early by self-hammering.
In post 929, Loopdan wrote:Caught scum self-hammers frequently. This is a textbook case of caught scum.

Yeah, why didn't Accountant consider that? That might be a great topic of conversation today.

Accountant did not forget about the possibility of scum self-hammering. Accountant is very experienced at mafia.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:38 am

Post by Loopdan »

Here is proof from other Accountant games:

viewtopic.php?p=8669993#p8669993
Accountant wrote:
In post 1038, mhsmith0 wrote:Ps this is where "scum should self hammer and end discussion" comes up as a relevant point btw /IC hat
Unfortunately, ICs are not allowed to self vote as town. So I can't self vote! I agree that caught scum should definitely self hammer in this situation, and I have done something similar as well.
viewtopic.php?p=8335526#p8335526
Accountant wrote:@Maxx: Mafia might self hammer if they thought they would get lynched anyway and wanted to give town a last "fuck you" with their dying shot.
viewtopic.php?p=8195259#p8195259
Accountant wrote:
In post 2139, Xkfyu wrote:Damn great game Accountant.

Told you that Genji self hammer was scary.
Actually I wanted him to self hammer to deny town time, I was perfectly fine with letting another player hammer too :P
There are more if you search Accoutant's posts for "self hammer."
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:43 am

Post by Loopdan »

Accountant's advice to scum-buddies in mafia private threads:

viewtopic.php?p=8146011#p8146011
Accountant wrote:Also if you hammer yourself it gives the other townies less chance to redeem themselves by hammering you

In other words I can go out there tmr and say our lynch pool is everyone who didn't vote genj and if you hammer yourself thst pool is bigger
viewtopic.php?p=7245270#p7245270
Accountant wrote:Forgot to add: remember to hammer yourself if you get to L-1 to cut short the day, and during the day give an intentionally bad post accusing me of being scum and hard defending Carcalilly.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1209, Loopdan wrote:Accountant did not forget about the possibility of scum self-hammering. Accountant is very experienced at mafia.
It was a genuine lapse in memory - I'm an IC, but I don't always remember to factor in everything. If you really thought this was a scumslip, you'd have pushed it earlier - you're just bringing it up now in a last ditch attempt to make me look bad.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:14 am

Post by Accountant »

Also you're providing proof that I know what self hammering is and why mafia do it, which was never in dispute - I said as such that I forgot about the possibility, not that I didn't know about it. This is a pretty flimsy attempt to try to make me look bad for a genuine error.

Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 1212, Accountant wrote:It was a genuine lapse in memory - I'm an IC, but I don't always remember to factor in everything. If you really thought this was a scumslip, you'd have pushed it earlier - you're just bringing it up now in a last ditch attempt to make me look bad.
I did bring it up earlier. I'm the one that pointed it out when it happened and said it should be discussed.

This isn't a matter of not remembering "to factor in everything." You were proposing an "optimal strategy" of leaving confirmed scum at L-1 when you clearly know that is not optimal.
In post 919, Accountant wrote:Optimal play here is to let him sit at L-1 and gamesolve/hunt for his partner until deadline.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:55 am

Post by Accountant »

Optimal play is indeed to put caught scum at close to lynch, gamesolve until deadline, and then hammer. That's to the best of my knowledge, and you can't spin that as some kind of scum plot, because, well, ICs aren't allowed to lie about optimal play. So it was a genuine mistake.

You dropped the subject soon after bringing it up - if it really was a damning scumslip, and you thought so, you'd have pushed harder on it. Heck, or even bringing it up earlier today. You didn't because you don't actually care about hunting scum, you care about looking like you are and throwing shade on others in LyLo.

Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:58 am

Post by Loopdan »

I did bring it up, both when it happened and earlier Today (). I didn't push it hard when it happened because I believed the team was wood/light.

Accountant wrote:ICs aren't allowed to lie about optimal play. So it was a genuine mistake.
If there is anything in your mafia PT where you talk to wood about self-hammering then we will have words post-game.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 1210, Loopdan wrote:Here is proof from other Accountant games:

viewtopic.php?p=8669993#p8669993
Accountant wrote:
In post 1038, mhsmith0 wrote:Ps this is where "scum should self hammer and end discussion" comes up as a relevant point btw /IC hat
Unfortunately, ICs are not allowed to self vote as town. So I can't self vote! I agree that caught scum should definitely self hammer in this situation, and I have done something similar as well.
viewtopic.php?p=8335526#p8335526
Accountant wrote:@Maxx: Mafia might self hammer if they thought they would get lynched anyway and wanted to give town a last "fuck you" with their dying shot.
viewtopic.php?p=8195259#p8195259
Accountant wrote:
In post 2139, Xkfyu wrote:Damn great game Accountant.

Told you that Genji self hammer was scary.
Actually I wanted him to self hammer to deny town time, I was perfectly fine with letting another player hammer too :P
There are more if you search Accoutant's posts for "self hammer."
It just seems coincidental and convenient that it was specifically this game that Accountant forgot after so many threads where they mentioned scum selfing.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by TesXX »

In post 1188, Loopdan wrote:
Spoiler: All the times Accountant & wood talked to or about each other day1 (and two posts from day2)

In post 29, Woodboys2339 wrote:

UNVOTE: No Lynch

Not gonna lynch anyone just yet
In post 32, Woodboys2339 wrote:starting to agree with the tess lynch. If he is so adamant about just clowning around. He won't be much help for the town. there are 3 possible outcomes of this. He 1) is scum and Yay for the town. 2) he's a VT and although it's bad, we didn't lose much or 3) he's a power role and we're terribly screwed for the rest of the game.

While he is a huge SR. I don't really know if the possibility of the 3rd option should derail us off.
In post 33, Accountant wrote:Uhhhh you should vote Tes because you think there is a decent chance he is scum not because you want to play the odds. Also, barring a derphammer, 3) doesn't happen, because PRs usually claim before they die.
In post 35, Accountant wrote:
I thought you said you were starting to agree with the Tes lynch, then you wrote down an analysis of why the Tes lynch was good. That doesn't sound on the fency to me.
In post 36, Woodboys2339 wrote:I'm mainly on the fence because of the chance of a PR. Then again... you did make the point of them claiming. so fine

VOTE: TesXX L-1
In post 188, Accountant wrote:
In post 171, Aj The Epic wrote:Re:Falco vote, mehhhh I kinda wanted to go after Woodboy but not only is there no support there (aka vanity wagon), the reason I want to pursue is also a bit cold.
Reasoning behind you voting woodboy is cold. Falco's reasoning is not cold. Why do you prefer wood to falco?
In post 189, Accountant wrote:
In post 182, Lighthaze1135 wrote:@tesXX, care to claim?
Generally claims happen when there is declared intent to hammer.

Reads list:

[Accountant] - me
[Lighthaze] - obvtown
[gigabyte] - townlean
[TesXX, Loopdan, woodboys, AceQueen] - null
[Aj] - nullscum
[Falco] - scumlean
{AJ} slight scum
{Falco} fullscum

In post 421, Accountant wrote:
In post 344, Woodboys2339 wrote:Also, based on all the reasoning that seems quite reliable from players I deem as very experienced...
Intent To Hammer Falco
This feels bad. I can't put my thumb on why it feels bad; I'll come back to this after I get rid of my sleep deprivation, but this definitely feels pretty scummy.
In post 422, Accountant wrote:
{AJ} slight scum
{Falco} fullscum

This is like one of the safest list of opinions I've ever seen
In post 423, Accountant wrote:Grey I think I'm mindmelding with you let's hold hands and lynch woodboys together?

VOTE: Woodboys
In post 424, Accountant wrote:Oh that's L-1 I think?
In post 425, Accountant wrote:Alright, I'm heading back to sleep before my headache kills me. Sliiightly uncomfortable with the speed of the wood wagon but it's still an amazing wagon. I thought perhaps the most damning part was that Wood's reaction to Grey's analysis felt very irritated, like he's scum who doesn't understand why he's being wagoned and is frustrated that he's getting lynched for the wrong reasons.
In post 707, Accountant wrote:
In post 503, -Grey- wrote:I'll lynch B over A 9 times out of 10.
It honestly depends on the player. Against a super calm player like Magna/Thor I'd expect B more and would probably lynch them if they had response A

But I think the scummiest thing about woods' reaction to his wagon here was the fact that the phrasing of his question seemed very caught for wrong reasons. It was like "can you guys tell me what I did wrong?? My disguise was perfect! Why am I being killed?" more than anything. I'm also unsure why town!woods here only interacts with grey
In post 709, Accountant wrote:
In post 572, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
wood when did you get this scumread

how did it transition

and grey why tf are you supporting this??

what wtf the fuck the fuck??¿??

dont care about woods alignment this is a bad wagon sorry

let's get falco
At the time I read this post, this reaction is more or less exactly mine.
In post 716, Accountant wrote:It's hard for me this game because I was up to a pretty okay start, and then I sort of got consumed with apathy and it's making it difficult for me to play.

My thoughts:

1) Lighthaze: you seem extremely willing to jump back and forth between people and hammer basically anyone. I remember you asking if you could hammer multiple times. Why are you so eager to vote-hop rather than stick to a big scumread and push it?
2) Grey: Talk to me about your thoughts on lighthaze. Your read on him hopped so fast I'm having trouble keeping track.
3) Aj the Epic: There's probably at least one scum in Light/Woods/Falco, and I think the most likely is Woods. But I wanted to ask you why you had no response to people talking about post 427? Because I'd like to hear you talk about it.
In post 723, Accountant wrote:
???
In post 727, Woodboys2339 wrote:I didn't get hammered. I don't know if you knew that but acted like i did get hammered to get my role out, or if you just genuinly thought I was hammered
In post 745, Accountant wrote:the big issue i have with woods is that every bit of his attitude and mindset in terms of determining how he should act/react in situations seems to stem from a survivalist or caught-scum pov
In post 750, Accountant wrote:If wood flips scum, then Aj's "this wagon is moving too fast" would ping me really hard.

In post 1190, Loopdan wrote:
Spoiler: All day1 Loopdan & wood interactions, etc.
In post 23, Loopdan wrote:@Wood-- If you get an avatar it will be much easier to follow you.

VOTE: Accountant
{AJ} slight scum
{Falco} fullscum

In post 417, Loopdan wrote:Sorry for my recent low activity. Just got caught up.

VOTE: Wood
Intent to hammer was opportunistic and disavowing responsibility.
His prior read on player he intended to hammer was null (, )
Reads list was risk averse.
Like Grey said there is no game-solving (or even any genuine curiosity about the game-state) evident in wood's game.
In post 635, Loopdan wrote:I'm not convinced that woodboy's push on light makes him town. Even though light is townread by some, he's still low hanging fruit if you consider it's picking a fight with an inexperienced player. And I've been open that I'm not in agreement that light is obvtown.

Falco hasn't done enough at this point for me to have much confidence in a read on that slot. Given the wagon on him, it's probably the right time for Falco to post a full reads list.

I'm disappointed Accountant is a non-factor right now (yes I know the same can be said for me but at least my name has come up on the last five pages). I know we probably can't sort Accountant today, but I'd like more content from them to at least have something to look at day2.
In post 670, Loopdan wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 719, Woodboys2339 wrote:Wait.. That wasn't hammer on me. Loop unvoted me. I am at L-1 now
In post 729, Woodboys2339 wrote:
In post 725, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:hghg

ok with loop deciding

not ok with wood not reacting to the fake hammer :(
Ha! I doubled checked ad remembered loop's decision
In post 739, Woodboys2339 wrote:
In post 736, -Grey- wrote:Voting Falco after you yourself are put at L-1, Woodsy? :lol:

That's not obvious scum at aaaalllllllll :lol:
Yes I know it's not the best move in my situation. I was just simply in a state of shock and I just want to have loop decide between the two of us and not just only have one person at L-1

intend to hammer.
In post 770, Woodboys2339 wrote:Will respond for loop in a little. At school rn
In post 778, Woodboys2339 wrote:

intend to hammer.
I have a post coming up after school. I would like to ask for you to not hammer that post is out
In post 781, Woodboys2339 wrote:
Claim OS BP
In post 788, Loopdan wrote:I don't really have a problem hammering this day1. I'm re-checking his iso just to be sure.
In post 798, Loopdan wrote:OK so on re-read it's even worse. I'm doubtful that comes from a newbie with a PR role pm. There's some "scum caught for wrong reason" in . & is not a townie thought process.

If anybody has a reason why I shouldn't hammer right now, speak up, because my next post will contain a vote for woodboy.
In post 839, Loopdan wrote:Either Falco flips scum or there is scum in wood/AJ.

I was this || close to going back on my word and hammering woodboy in my last post.
In post 855, Woodboys2339 wrote:
In post 850, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:lmaoooo

i usually only go on during fluff classes where the teacher doesnt care or during lunch
F
im a good egg :good:
Now at lunch. But loopdan wanted a claim so I had to. I probably would've been lynched if I wasn't checking
In post 902, Loopdan wrote:
In post 884, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i think the big takeaway (especially if we're right about wood/light) here is that reads suck
If it ends up being woodboy/light I'd say my reads have been pretty darn good.
Do you guys think there are any scummy interactions with woodboys?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Accountant »

Tes, I'm literally not allowed to lie about game theory as an IC, and I'm not unethical to intentionally do a bad job of ICing just to get a very slim advantage.

Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:19 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Tes-- I can point out some scummy associations between Accountant and woodboy, but honestly Accountant has played a pretty clean game. If the Accountant/Woodboy associations were really obvious I would have had a much easier time voting today (or even pushing Accountant instead of Light yesterday).

I think you are better off by trying to determine who between us is more likely town-motivated based on our play.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:59 am

Post by TesXX »

In post 1219, Accountant wrote:Tes, I'm literally not allowed to lie about game theory as an IC, and I'm not unethical to intentionally do a bad job of ICing just to get a very slim advantage.
I looked around the site and I found that this is actually true.
UNVOTE: Accountant
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:01 am

Post by TesXX »

FUDGE
I forgot that you can't unvote hammers. I have my fingers crossed :(
Accountant were you scum?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by Loopdan »

lol
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Tes, please go re-read and ask questions. There's zero % chance Accountant falls for that kind of thing.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”